Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lunchtime office... 13:23 - Jun 14 with 3997 viewsTIB

Conversations. What do we all talk about?

Normally ours focusses around football, "How much would you have to be paid to..." and one lad trying to tell us about UK ice hockey...today though he's away so we've been discussing time travel. All a bit much for a Friday

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 1310 viewsTIB

Lunchtime office... on 13:28 - Jun 14 by flimflam

I had a few sherberts last night and am amusing myself by turning on the fan behind me and watching my colleagues face opposite as my ghastly flatulence drifts across the desk.

Ghostship or Newcy Brown?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 1310 viewsdirtyboy

I have a little conversation with myself, usually surrounding stuff like "I wonder what's for tea" "If I fart, will people see the bubbles and know" "do I look like Duncan Goodhew"...as I stare at a black line through fogged up goggles for half hour or so.
Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 1309 viewsSitfcB

Lunchtime office... on 13:58 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

All meals are soup when it comes to actually digesting them.

What's your stance on stew? And where do you draw the line? Fork = stew, spoon = soup?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 13:59]

Hate stew, it’s ok in the winter I suppose with a side of buttered french stick, at least it’s an actual hearty meal.

Defo fork with stew, spoon/straw with soup.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lunchtime office... on 14:04 - Jun 14 with 1305 viewsDarth_Koont

Lunchtime office... on 14:00 - Jun 14 by wkj

Soup is for people who can't chew. Stew is for people who don't like to chew

Heresy!

And blatant spoonism!

Pronouns: He/Him

Lunchtime office... on 14:09 - Jun 14 with 1283 viewsSpruceMoose

Lunchtime office... on 14:01 - Jun 14 by wkj

By that he means footers and spruce talks about me as if I'm not able to see the conversation

Yesterday you were just spamming us with Mel Gibson photos, so I'm not sure why you;re getting all bent out of shape.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lunchtime office... on 14:09 - Jun 14 with 1292 viewsnsblu1

Tend to go to the pub, talk about beer, boobs and football...
Lunchtime office... on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 1289 viewswkj

Lunchtime office... on 14:09 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Yesterday you were just spamming us with Mel Gibson photos, so I'm not sure why you;re getting all bent out of shape.

My Mel gibson you mean Pat Sharp

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lunchtime office... on 14:11 - Jun 14 with 1286 viewsDarth_Koont

Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Hate stew, it’s ok in the winter I suppose with a side of buttered french stick, at least it’s an actual hearty meal.

I pity anyone who doesn't enjoy that warm, loving and liquid embrace.

Preferring instead to have something hard repeatedly thrust into their mouth.

Login to get fewer ads

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 with 1271 viewsSpruceMoose

I want to know what J2 did in his car while eating. Listen to Kiss FM? Text friends? Shoitepost on the forum? Gamble? Cry and repeatedly hit the horn for a full thirty minutes?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 with 1275 viewswkj

Lunchtime office... on 14:11 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

I pity anyone who doesn't enjoy that warm, loving and liquid embrace.

Preferring instead to have something hard repeatedly thrust into their mouth.

Solidaphobe

Crybaby

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 with 1276 viewsJ2BLUE

Lunchtime office... on 14:00 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Haha why did they get upset?

That’s something I’d do if I worked in an office based environment.

They were just a tin pot little company who wanted to control you from 9.00-5.30 every day. I think the truth of it is that I actually took a lunch break. I didn't realise it at the time but looking back I think they were probably trying to bully me into staying in the office and answering the phone during my break.

Other things they got offended by, and i'm not even joking:

> That I didn't drink hot drinks at work - I was happy to take a turn making them for everyone else but that wasn't enough.

> That I never ate any of their biscuits - was on a diet and doing very well. I think the reason for their annoyance was that several in the office were on diets but I was on the only one losing weight. One of the others came up to me and told me about a new piece of equipment which you literally just stood on while it vibrated and they said it was "equivalent to an hour in the gym" which to be fair, it probably was if the gym had a juice bar they could sit in...

> That I was a 'clock watcher' - basically I didn't start early, work through lunch and stay late to help the other guy in my department who had no life outside of work and was happy to be there 24/7. He spent most of his day asking female workers of other companies over the phone if they wanted him to send them some chocolate and a copy of his band's CD.

I was on minimum wage for the three month probation period. Month one review: Amazing, no one has ever picked the job up as fast. Month two review: sacked

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lunchtime office... on 14:14 - Jun 14 with 1268 viewsJ2BLUE

Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

If you don't think a stew is a hearty meal then you are doing it wrong.

Stew and dumplings is the perfect meal to come home to after freezing your balls off at football in mid December.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lunchtime office... on 14:15 - Jun 14 with 1268 viewsSitfcB

Lunchtime office... on 14:09 - Jun 14 by nsblu1

COYB

Lunchtime office... on 14:15 - Jun 14 with 1255 viewsSpruceMoose

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

They were just a tin pot little company who wanted to control you from 9.00-5.30 every day. I think the truth of it is that I actually took a lunch break. I didn't realise it at the time but looking back I think they were probably trying to bully me into staying in the office and answering the phone during my break.

> That I didn't drink hot drinks at work - I was happy to take a turn making them for everyone else but that wasn't enough.

> That I never ate any of their biscuits - was on a diet and doing very well. I think the reason for their annoyance was that several in the office were on diets but I was on the only one losing weight. One of the others came up to me and told me about a new piece of equipment which you literally just stood on while it vibrated and they said it was "equivalent to an hour in the gym" which to be fair, it probably was if the gym had a juice bar they could sit in...

> That I was a 'clock watcher' - basically I didn't start early, work through lunch and stay late to help the other guy in my department who had no life outside of work and was happy to be there 24/7. He spent most of his day asking female workers of other companies over the phone if they wanted him to send them some chocolate and a copy of his band's CD.

I was on minimum wage for the three month probation period. Month one review: Amazing, no one has ever picked the job up as fast. Month two review: sacked

I need to know what you did during month two.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 14:16]

Lunchtime office... on 14:16 - Jun 14 with 1258 viewsDarth_Koont

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 by wkj

Solidaphobe

Not at all. Some of my best meals are solids.

Lunchtime office... on 14:16 - Jun 14 with 1250 viewswkj

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Sacked and rightly so. Rejecting their biscuits... Smh

Crybaby

Lunchtime office... on 14:17 - Jun 14 with 1245 viewswkj

Lunchtime office... on 14:16 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

Not at all. Some of my best meals are solids.

Atleast you didn't say "I once ate a solid meal"

Crybaby

Lunchtime office... on 14:22 - Jun 14 with 1233 viewsflimflam

Lunchtime office... on 14:02 - Jun 14 by TIB

Ghostship or Newcy Brown?

Quite a few Tributes and a few packets of pork scratchings.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Lunchtime office... on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 1227 viewsReuser_is_God

I avoid conversation with 90% of my colleagues.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lunchtime office... on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 1228 viewsnsblu1

Lunchtime office... on 14:15 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Behave Stephen..
Lunchtime office... on 14:27 - Jun 14 with 1213 viewsSitfcB

Lunchtime office... on 14:23 - Jun 14 by nsblu1

Behave Stephen..

COYB

Lunchtime office... on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 1209 viewsnsblu1

Lunchtime office... on 14:27 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

I'll have a pint off you next time I see you as an apology, we can then talk beer, boobs and football.
Lunchtime office... on 15:22 - Jun 14 with 1161 viewsFixed_It

Lunchtime office... on 14:12 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

I want to know what J2 did in his car while eating. Listen to Kiss FM? Text friends? Shoitepost on the forum? Gamble? Cry and repeatedly hit the horn for a full thirty minutes?

I have images of John from Car Share. But that would involve a girl, so maybe not...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lunchtime office... on 15:24 - Jun 14 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lunchtime office... on 14:09 - Jun 14 by nsblu1

You could cover all 3 just by talking about Alan Brazil

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lunchtime office... on 15:31 - Jun 14 with 1148 viewsSarge

It’s usually a 30 minute shouting match to find out who’s moved my stapler. That or just a lament at how god damn ugly everyone is.

I work from home by myself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024