Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough start , PL better have them ready. 10:00 - Jun 20 with 1812 viewsChocorange

Away to Burton relegated from Championship season before last.
Sunderland at home..according to the bookies our toughest home fixture of the season.
Peterborough away, have brought in several players in early paying fees too, another tough away game.

if we go into these 3 half fit, not ready or without our squad fully in place , we could find ourselves struggling and Lambert under pressure and who knows where that will lead by October.

PL , ME and O'Neill must get the preparation right m get any new players in a sap and not at the end of August ( or you could find players saying thanks but no thanks to a team near the bottom of league 1 at that stage and be ready for this division from the off.

Get these things right and we can be near the top from the off.

Busy weeks ahead!
Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:14 - Jun 20 with 1774 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I am sure none of the above is news to them!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:19 - Jun 20 with 1759 viewsCoastalblue

Alternatively we do our homework, get a good pre-season under our belts and recruit the right players, the ones we want when they are available and not rush into just getting bodies through the door.

I'd rather have real quality join at the end of August who may start slow but will make a positive impact than two or three journey man next week.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:23 - Jun 20 with 1745 viewsBrixtonBlue

They're not going to be half fit are they?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:27 - Jun 20 with 1726 viewsclive_baker

Why would we be half fit? Or less fit than any of our opponents?

Listen, one of the biggest issues we have isn’t fitness or ability, it’s mindset, and I firmly believe the fans have a part to play in that. We need to raise the level of expectation and apply a healthy level of pressure. Last season was a write off, but there’s absolutely no way we should be going into games against Burton & Peterborough, away or otherwise, accepting anything less than victories. We won’t win every game, far from it, and it’s not an arrogance or naivety, but we really need to hit reset in terms of what we’ve all become accustomed to. We’re one of the teams to beat next season and we need to impose our superiority at every opportunity. It’s a very different mindset that’s required.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:30 - Jun 20 with 1705 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:19 - Jun 20 by Coastalblue

Alternatively we do our homework, get a good pre-season under our belts and recruit the right players, the ones we want when they are available and not rush into just getting bodies through the door.

I'd rather have real quality join at the end of August who may start slow but will make a positive impact than two or three journey man next week.

Based on recent history, how likely would you say that is?

Hopefully Norwood will be that bit of quality that will make the difference. But PL's recruitment (and management) record last year, combined with the junk we have left over from Hurst's disastrous summer, aren't exactly filling me with confidence.

But a new season and new start at all that, so hopefully we can have a good one.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 10:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:31 - Jun 20 with 1696 viewstextbackup

I really can't hear anyone else say this is a hard start

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:38 - Jun 20 with 1683 viewsclive_baker

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:31 - Jun 20 by textbackup

Our supporters have become completely desensitised to the point where we lack the confidence or belief to adopt any level of expectation. Years of being told how lucky we are to be punching above our weight in 15th in the Championship has taken its toll and embedded itself on our psyche.

The rhetoric from the club is to blame as much as anything, tweeting this morning about our tough start. Don’t sell season tickets on the basis of our immediate return to the championship and then express how tough matches against last seasons 20th, 18th, 9th and 7th placed sides are. It doesn’t compute.

Chambers was spot on when he said the players got away with murder last year, but now things need to change. The whole club from top to bottom needs to adopt a winning mentality and an air of swagger. The psychology of the club worries me more than any technical ability. It’s the 1st thing I would address this pre season as manager, with the help of professionals.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:05 - Jun 20 with 1597 viewsSlambo

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:38 - Jun 20 by clive_baker

Our supporters have become completely desensitised to the point where we lack the confidence or belief to adopt any level of expectation. Years of being told how lucky we are to be punching above our weight in 15th in the Championship has taken its toll and embedded itself on our psyche.

The rhetoric from the club is to blame as much as anything, tweeting this morning about our tough start. Don’t sell season tickets on the basis of our immediate return to the championship and then express how tough matches against last seasons 20th, 18th, 9th and 7th placed sides are. It doesn’t compute.

Chambers was spot on when he said the players got away with murder last year, but now things need to change. The whole club from top to bottom needs to adopt a winning mentality and an air of swagger. The psychology of the club worries me more than any technical ability. It’s the 1st thing I would address this pre season as manager, with the help of professionals.

Could not agree more. The words from that McGoldrick interview still ring loud and true: we weren't expected to win every game. Pound-for-pound, we have some good footballers at the club - as good as any in the division - but do they really believe it themselves? And as you say, do Evans et al really see themselves as winners and champions..?

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:13 - Jun 20 with 1567 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:13 - Jun 20 with 1566 viewsReuser_is_God

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 10:31 - Jun 20 by textbackup

Get into em, fcuk em up

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:19 - Jun 20 with 1556 viewswrightsrightglove

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:05 - Jun 20 by Slambo

Could not agree more. The words from that McGoldrick interview still ring loud and true: we weren't expected to win every game. Pound-for-pound, we have some good footballers at the club - as good as any in the division - but do they really believe it themselves? And as you say, do Evans et al really see themselves as winners and champions..?

I think this is one of the things that has made me so positive about the Norwood signing. We need players coming into the club on a high with their confidence peaking as that can have a massive effect on the rest of the squad whose confidence is shot to bits.
Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 1432 viewsBrixtonBlue

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:13 - Jun 20 by Reuser_is_God

Get into em, fcuk em up

Blue Action needs to bring this chant back.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 12:52 - Jun 20 with 1392 viewsTractorWood

Agree. It's league one. It's as tough as we make it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 12:57 - Jun 20 with 1375 viewsSlambo

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 12:33 - Jun 20 by BrixtonBlue

Blue Action needs to bring this chant back.

Copy that...

UPPA TOWEN!

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 13:20 - Jun 20 with 1314 viewsSlambo

Tough start , PL better have them ready. on 11:19 - Jun 20 by wrightsrightglove

I think this is one of the things that has made me so positive about the Norwood signing. We need players coming into the club on a high with their confidence peaking as that can have a massive effect on the rest of the squad whose confidence is shot to bits.

Absolutely, as long as he's been told in no uncertain terms that he is expected to be the spearhead in a remorseless promotion juggernaut, not just to treble his salary. McGoldrick also said how soft he got when he got that fat new contract, knowing he was the top dog in an environment where he was allowed to cruise. Our squad is mostly going to be youngsters desperate to prove themselves and not used to being - at best - mid table nobodies. You'd hope the likes of Harrison, Jackson, Nsiala and Nolan will have massive chips on their shoulders as well...

UPPA TOWEN!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024