Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? 07:31 - Jun 21 with 4939 viewstractordownsouth

Just watched the first few minutes of last night’s programme and within 30
seconds he spouted undiluted nonsense.

For example:

1) Claiming No deal would save £39bn when actually that money is about future obligations towards EU projects we have committed to.

2) Claiming we would take back control of fishing, when it’s actually the UK government that sold off our quotas to Dutch firms.

Of course, I understand the need for balance, but why are people allowed to spout untruths without being challenged, only to get invited into the programme again. It’s like the immigration myth that Farage banged on about for years, when actually we can control immigration due to the citizens travel directive. It’s very dangerous that lies like these are accepted as fact, and I’m not usually one for BBC bashing but it’s a disgrace that programmes like QT aren’t fact checked.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 07:49 - Jun 21 with 3732 viewswkj

The BBC got in hot water about their poor vetting of guests this week so it seems unsurprising that they'd continue that trend

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:02 - Jun 21 with 3686 viewsHerbivore

The number of outright lies I've heard go unchallenged on the BBC, particularly in respect of Brexit, is quite shocking. The number of times I've heard Brexiteers be allowed to peddle the lie that if we remain in the EU we will be forced to adopt the Euro is shocking. It never gets corrected despite being patently untrue. And because it is being said on the BBC there are people who will give it credibility because historically they have been seen as a trustworthy news source.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 3639 viewsNo9

When it comes to political programmes the BBC is no longer reliable
It has sunk to the depths of trying to compete with the likes of Talk Radio.
The amount of political programmes where politicians & guests are allowed to,lie has increased + the Taxpayers Alliance & Guido Fawkes are now passed off as legitimate sources of information.

Taking a broad look at what is happening across the media & political spectrum it is a deeply concerning picture
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:31 - Jun 21 with 3642 viewsSonOfSpock

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:02 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

The number of outright lies I've heard go unchallenged on the BBC, particularly in respect of Brexit, is quite shocking. The number of times I've heard Brexiteers be allowed to peddle the lie that if we remain in the EU we will be forced to adopt the Euro is shocking. It never gets corrected despite being patently untrue. And because it is being said on the BBC there are people who will give it credibility because historically they have been seen as a trustworthy news source.

Arch remainers like Nick Clegg emphatically said that there would never be an EU Army and that people suggesting it were nutters.

Should be interesting to see which foe the EU army engages first..
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:49 - Jun 21 with 3616 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:31 - Jun 21 by SonOfSpock

Arch remainers like Nick Clegg emphatically said that there would never be an EU Army and that people suggesting it were nutters.

How can an army formed by European Union member nations even form whilst there is the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:53 - Jun 21 with 3604 viewsGeoffSentence

That was his sixth appearance on QT. Which seems quite a lot for a non-politician.

Though I have to declare that I have no idea if the BBC have invited any remain supporting outspoken businessmen to make serial appearances on QT so cannot be sure if this is out of context.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 09:06 - Jun 21 with 3570 viewsNo9

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 08:31 - Jun 21 by SonOfSpock

That is a very naive comment isn't it?
Look at how many EU countries have had military in the middle east.
As the world changes and America looks for dominance a combined EU military is not such a bad idea either as an extention to NATO (as long as America doesn't get any dafter)) of as a standalone defence force.
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 09:38 - Jun 21 with 3519 viewsHerbivore

What is being discussed is not an army in any conventional sense. More having a response unit drawn from the armies of member states that can be deployed when necessary.

There's also a difference between saying that you don't think something will happen and later being proved wrong in hindsight and lying about things that are demonstrably false. What you're doing is trying to create a false equivalence.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:09 - Jun 21 with 3475 viewsfactual_blue

There's nobody with any intellectual capacity or honesty to put the 'Leave' case.

Because there is no intellectually sound, empirically-based to put.

So, in the interests of 'balance', ignoramuses like dim martin (who looks an identikit 'spoons customer) end up being on the show.

On the fact-checking point, it's not for the BBC to check what a guest is saying certainly not whilst they're filming it. An episode of QT would never finish. They'd have to cut after every assertion was made to check it, then start filming again. And many guests would then just challenge the outcome of the fact check. You will find a useful 'reality check' page on the BBC website where most of these assertions get debunked.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:14 - Jun 21 with 3456 viewsGeoffSentence

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:09 - Jun 21 by factual_blue

There's nobody with any intellectual capacity or honesty to put the 'Leave' case.

Because there is no intellectually sound, empirically-based to put.

So, in the interests of 'balance', ignoramuses like dim martin (who looks an identikit 'spoons customer) end up being on the show.

On the fact-checking point, it's not for the BBC to check what a guest is saying certainly not whilst they're filming it. An episode of QT would never finish. They'd have to cut after every assertion was made to check it, then start filming again. And many guests would then just challenge the outcome of the fact check. You will find a useful 'reality check' page on the BBC website where most of these assertions get debunked.

You do have to wonder why, if he keeps making assertions that are proven bunkum, the bbc keep inviting him back.

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:16 - Jun 21 with 3444 viewspickles110564

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 09:38 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

What is being discussed is not an army in any conventional sense. More having a response unit drawn from the armies of member states that can be deployed when necessary.

There's also a difference between saying that you don't think something will happen and later being proved wrong in hindsight and lying about things that are demonstrably false. What you're doing is trying to create a false equivalence.

Herbie, re read this thread again and you will see that it is saying the BBC is biased, we know it is and it is against the Leave voters. The previous week there was not one Leave voting supporter on the panel.
When the future PM candidates were questioned they were questioned by Labour supporters and some very dodgy characters.
Because of this they have now lost the chance to have a live debate show between Hunt and Boris which will be now shown by ITV.
I am to blame as much as others but no one on here is prepared to listen to the others point of view and research what they are saying.
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:29 - Jun 21 with 3402 viewsbrazil1982

I liked it when QT had a Blue Peter presenter on the panel.
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:37 - Jun 21 with 3386 viewsJ2BLUE

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:16 - Jun 21 by pickles110564

Herbie, re read this thread again and you will see that it is saying the BBC is biased, we know it is and it is against the Leave voters. The previous week there was not one Leave voting supporter on the panel.
When the future PM candidates were questioned they were questioned by Labour supporters and some very dodgy characters.
Because of this they have now lost the chance to have a live debate show between Hunt and Boris which will be now shown by ITV.
I am to blame as much as others but no one on here is prepared to listen to the others point of view and research what they are saying.

You remind me so much of Benters. You see what you want to see and you ignore anything which challenges your view. Oh and you parrot any old crap from your side without even considering it.

I saw about 2 minutes of QT where TM was owned by a woman in the crowd. Wake up Pickles, Brexit isn't to benefit you. Did you wonder why TM has said he wants to cut wages of his staff?

As someone nearing retirement with two children to think about, it wold be very interesting for you to write down what you want in retirement and what you want for your children's future. Then consider which path offers the best opportunity. You said you worked hard to get ahead. I assume you have significant assets in retirement accounts. Don't screw yourself over for nothing. Hopefully you and your family won't need their services but the NHS will be hit by Brexit. We'll probably see less money over the long term, more areas opened up to the US and we'll lose EU NHS workers who either stop coming or feel unwanted and leave.

Maybe i'm wrong and you have thought about it. Maybe you do want lower wages, reduced retirement income, a worse NHS, privatisation of the NHS, poorer food standards, less worker rights for your kids and more expensive holidays/imports. If so i'll shut up, just let me know.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:02 - Jun 21 with 3348 viewswkj

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:37 - Jun 21 by J2BLUE

You remind me so much of Benters. You see what you want to see and you ignore anything which challenges your view. Oh and you parrot any old crap from your side without even considering it.

I saw about 2 minutes of QT where TM was owned by a woman in the crowd. Wake up Pickles, Brexit isn't to benefit you. Did you wonder why TM has said he wants to cut wages of his staff?

As someone nearing retirement with two children to think about, it wold be very interesting for you to write down what you want in retirement and what you want for your children's future. Then consider which path offers the best opportunity. You said you worked hard to get ahead. I assume you have significant assets in retirement accounts. Don't screw yourself over for nothing. Hopefully you and your family won't need their services but the NHS will be hit by Brexit. We'll probably see less money over the long term, more areas opened up to the US and we'll lose EU NHS workers who either stop coming or feel unwanted and leave.

Maybe i'm wrong and you have thought about it. Maybe you do want lower wages, reduced retirement income, a worse NHS, privatisation of the NHS, poorer food standards, less worker rights for your kids and more expensive holidays/imports. If so i'll shut up, just let me know.

Is 12 years old close to retirement now?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:15 - Jun 21 with 3304 viewsBlueNomad

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:16 - Jun 21 by pickles110564

Pickles, the person best known on this site for researched contributions to debate.

Pot. Kettle.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 11:18]
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:32 - Jun 21 with 3264 viewspickles110564

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:15 - Jun 21 by BlueNomad

Pickles, the person best known on this site for researched contributions to debate.

Pot. Kettle.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 11:18]

I think i stated that in my post?
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:38 - Jun 21 with 3250 viewsfactual_blue

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 10:14 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

You do have to wonder why, if he keeps making assertions that are proven bunkum, the bbc keep inviting him back.

'balance'

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:40 - Jun 21 with 3242 viewsGeoffSentence

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:38 - Jun 21 by factual_blue

'balance'

They could find another leave supporting businessman who was not a proven bullshltter.

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:41 - Jun 21 with 3240 viewsBlueNomad

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:32 - Jun 21 by pickles110564

I think i stated that in my post?

You said "no-one" on here listens or researches. It is appreciated that you have confessed it but immediately made an inaccurate assertion about everyone else on here.
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:43 - Jun 21 with 3236 viewsfactual_blue

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:40 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

They could find another leave supporting businessman who was not a proven bullshltter.

That's my point.

They couldn't.

And even if they could, somebody like dim martin would complain à la farage that they're being censored.

Far better to let them be condemned from their own mouths. By their lies shall ye know them.

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:43 - Jun 21 with 3231 viewsHerbivore

I disagree, the BBC has for years now given a disproportionate amount of coverage to the likes of Farage and done an appalling job of challenging outright lies on the leave side.

I'm more than happy to consider alternative views if they are based on sound evidence but I've yet to see many cogent, evidence-based arguments in favour of Brexit. I've even asked you and others to provide such an argument but you've not done so. And many times I've provided you with evidence that contradicts claims made by Brexiteers and you've ignored it.

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:47 - Jun 21 with 3222 viewsJohnWarksTash

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 09:38 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

it's written into EU law that any EU army would have to be agreed with all of the participating countries individual parliaments AND would have to be approved via a public referendum before it could even go ahead.....the chances of the UK ever been part of such a thing is tiny....although I don't really understand the opposition to it personally?

However brexiteers will continue to peddle their rubbish and ignore the basic facts :)
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:47 - Jun 21 with 3223 viewssoupytwist

Specifically regarding - "When the future PM candidates were questioned they were questioned by Labour supporters and some very dodgy characters. "

When I watched there were at least two people asking questions who felt it necessary to say that they were long standing Tory voters, in fact one said life long even though he'd voted Brexit party at the European elections. So, swings and roundabouts.
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 12:39 - Jun 21 with 3138 viewsjontysnut

writer Sarah Dempster said that he looks like something you'd find in the hoover if you accidentally vacuumed Norfolk
Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 12:40 - Jun 21 with 3137 viewsFixed_It

Why is Tim Martin even allowed on question time? on 11:43 - Jun 21 by factual_blue

That's my point.

They couldn't.

And even if they could, somebody like dim martin would complain à la farage that they're being censored.

Far better to let them be condemned from their own mouths. By their lies shall ye know them.

I liked the bit where he was banging on about how everything is going to be cheaper for the consumer when we have left the UK. It really isn't...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024