Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our politics (and society for that matter)... 17:34 - Jun 24 with 7740 viewsSpruceMoose

...seem utterly broken, and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Anyone on here feel like they would be bothered by a Muslim PM?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/24/tory-members-would-not-want-mus
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 17:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 14:13 - Jun 25 with 1767 viewsHerbivore

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 12:27 - Jun 25 by BobbyDazzler

Simple take us out of the eu in october

So not anything related to actually making the country a better place then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:58 - Jun 25 with 1718 viewseireblue

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 13:37 - Jun 25 by Durovigutum

That’s when the Pharisees plotted a way to trap him into saying something damaging. They sent their disciples, with a few of Herod’s followers mixed in, to ask, “Teacher, we know you have integrity, teach the way of God accurately, are indifferent to popular opinion, and don’t pander to your students. So tell us honestly: Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” Jesus knew they were up to no good. He said, “Why are you playing these games with me? Why are you trying to trap me? Do you have a coin? Let me see it.” They handed him a silver piece. “This engraving–who does it look like? And whose name is on it?” They said, “Caesar.” “Then give Caesar what is his, and give God what is his."

So, Jesus, advocating for a secular government, good on him.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 21:28 - Jun 25 with 1672 viewsDurovigutum

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 17:58 - Jun 25 by eireblue

So, Jesus, advocating for a secular government, good on him.

Yep. It's amazing what he actually said rather than what people think he said.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:38 - Jun 27 with 1607 viewsSeablu

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 12:24 - Jun 25 by BobbyDazzler

Ok thank you.... Did a good job as london mayor & think he will be good pm aswell ,i know he has problems but others could not of done such a good job as pm

But he isn't PM yet...
And it's 'have' not 'of'
I truly despair.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 20:40 - Jun 27 with 1562 viewsbrazil1982

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:38 - Jun 27 by Seablu

But he isn't PM yet...
And it's 'have' not 'of'
I truly despair.

Are you the spelling police?
Jog on....
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 20:43 - Jun 27 with 1559 viewsHerbivore

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 20:40 - Jun 27 by brazil1982

Jog on....

That was basic grammar as opposed to spelling. I don't believe there is such an organisation as the spelling police, which is a shame because if there were such an organisation then most Brexiteers would be in jail and ineligible to vote, meaning remain would have won by a landslide in 2016.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 00:08 - Jun 28 with 1530 viewsSeablu

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 20:40 - Jun 27 by brazil1982

Jog on....

Just someone who believes that if an individual cannot communicate correctly in their mother tongue, then their view is diminished & invalidated by their ignorance.
You obviously don't, which is to your detriment.
On you jog.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 12:33 - Dec 21 with 883 viewswkj

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 13:20 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think it's true, I still think politicians that outright lie are in the minority but it's an increasing percentage.

I would also add there is a different between lying and not doing what someone might like.

I'd ask you: what do you want to happen after we leave the EU? You say Boris is the man for that single issue but we will be stuck with him after that. You must have some idea what he will do then? If not how can you support him so robustly?

SB

Reading through some old threads - looks like Bobby Dazzler may have been part of the majority view on this one.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 12:38 - Dec 21 with 858 viewsdribblers2

Fix it? Anarchy in its true form. Why do you need leaders?
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 14:41 - Dec 21 with 788 viewsZapers

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 18:55 - Jun 24 by bluefunk

It hasn’t been dealt with, you’ve wriggled a little unconvincingly and found an answer you’ve allowed yourself to believe in but in reality you’re just as biased and prejudiced as those you endlessly bait on here

Endlessly bait being the operative words.
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 14:51 - Dec 21 with 773 viewsGlasgowBlue

When I saw this thread I thought that Sprucey was back.

Merry Christmas Sprucey, if you are reading this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 16:02 - Dec 21 with 725 viewsHerbivore

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 14:41 - Dec 21 by Zapers

Endlessly bait being the operative words.

Weird flex, he hasn't posted in several months.

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 16:10 - Dec 21 with 715 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 14:51 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

When I saw this thread I thought that Sprucey was back.

Merry Christmas Sprucey, if you are reading this.

Thought the same and then saw the date. I blame wkj.

Merry Christmas, Sprucey, seconded.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 16:14 - Dec 21 with 708 viewsfooters

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 16:02 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

Weird flex, he hasn't posted in several months.

For someone 'new' to the forum who's only been posting a month, he sure seems to know a loooot about it.

Poor old Spruce isn't even here to defend himself!

So....

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

[Redacted] on 05:32 - Dec 22 with 606 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 05:37 - Dec 22 with 595 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Our politics (and society for that matter)... on 12:33 - Dec 21 by wkj

Reading through some old threads - looks like Bobby Dazzler may have been part of the majority view on this one.

How bored are you to dig up a TWTD politics thread from 2 and a half years ago for a bit of a read?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024