Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayor @fleetwood 19:35 - Jun 28 with 13852 viewsmarkand1986

Heard from a fairly reliable source he was at fleetwood today. Less money but wouldn’t have to move young family. Tranmere also very interested.
Mayor @fleetwood on 20:25 - Jun 29 with 1591 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Mayor @fleetwood on 23:08 - Jun 28 by Keaneish

If he chooses a club for the sake of his family and children's schooling, fair enough but he's early not the type of player or character we need in our dressing room if so.

When I read this last night I thought it was so absurd and assumed it was a wind-up. But I realise from your subsequent posts that you are serious.

People who consider family, childrens' schooling etc are exactly the kind of 'characters' we do want. They are the ones with a good, professional attitude who will be less likely to leave after five minutes when their heads are turned.

see also : Alan Judge

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 1579 viewsTrequartista

Mayor @fleetwood on 11:29 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Might be worth looking at this poster's previous posts before reading anything into this.

Bit tricky now you've exterminated them.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:48 - Jun 29 with 1558 viewsSwailsey

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:25 - Jun 29 by Tangledupin_Blue

When I read this last night I thought it was so absurd and assumed it was a wind-up. But I realise from your subsequent posts that you are serious.

People who consider family, childrens' schooling etc are exactly the kind of 'characters' we do want. They are the ones with a good, professional attitude who will be less likely to leave after five minutes when their heads are turned.

You can’t make it up can you.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mayor @fleetwood on 22:18 - Jun 29 with 1462 viewsmrshallisfit

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:33 - Jun 29 by Trequartista

Bit tricky now you've exterminated them.

Wish he would do the same to you
Mayor @fleetwood on 00:41 - Jun 30 with 1393 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:25 - Jun 29 by Tangledupin_Blue

FFS! We're talking about the make up and psychology of a football team to win a championship not individual attributes that make a decent human being.

I'm beginning to question how many people on here have actually played a team sport let alone kicked a football. The point of this post is that we want players with ambition, that is all.

Painful.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mayor @fleetwood on 00:52 - Jun 30 with 1378 viewsJ2BLUE

Mayor @fleetwood on 00:41 - Jun 30 by Keaneish

FFS! We're talking about the make up and psychology of a football team to win a championship not individual attributes that make a decent human being.

I'm beginning to question how many people on here have actually played a team sport let alone kicked a football. The point of this post is that we want players with ambition, that is all.

Painful.

I assume you won't be complaining if their ambition leads them to hand in a transfer request after one good season with us then/

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mayor @fleetwood on 01:18 - Jun 30 with 1357 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 00:52 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

I assume you won't be complaining if their ambition leads them to hand in a transfer request after one good season with us then/

Why would anyone hand in a transfer request after one good season? Isn't that the point on debate?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mayor @fleetwood on 01:21 - Jun 30 with 1353 viewsJ2BLUE

Mayor @fleetwood on 01:18 - Jun 30 by Keaneish

Why would anyone hand in a transfer request after one good season? Isn't that the point on debate?

You said we want players with ambition. One good season these days and you can jump up a minimum of one league and get a nice pay rise.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Mayor @fleetwood on 01:30 - Jun 30 with 1345 viewsSuperblue95

Mayor @fleetwood on 10:15 - Jun 29 by Keaneish

Superstar wannabes - Lee Martin?
The selfish ar5eholes - Finidi George?
Lying gamblers - Michael Chopra
Lazy journeymen - Jimmy Bullard MK 2?
Criminals - Paul Taylor?
Useless turds - Jordan Graham?

Not all the people I had in mind but most are applicable

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Mayor @fleetwood on 02:18 - Jun 30 with 1317 viewsSuperblue95

Painful.

He was the star player in a promotion winning team last season.

Ambition is important yes but personal happiness and the happiness of your family is more important. If he comes then fantastic. If he doesn’t because he wants to stay closer to home then so be it. I wouldn’t say he’s got a lack of ambition just because he’s listening to what a few of his local clubs have to say

Mayor @fleetwood on 02:19 - Jun 30 with 1315 viewsSuperblue95

Mayor @fleetwood on 22:18 - Jun 29 by mrshallisfit

Wish he would do the same to you

Ooh Hilda

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:46 - Jun 30 with 1213 viewsWeekender

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:09 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Let's be honest, if Mayor turns us down for either Fleetwood or Tranmere, he doesn't have the attitude or minerals we need to succeed in this league. If he likes the easy life he'll stick one of those two, which he'll no doubt regret in 10-15 years. If he plumps for us, he could be playing Championship football again in 12 months in the peak of his powers.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Mayor @fleetwood on 13:03 - Jun 30 with 1159 viewsitfcjoe

Painful.

But this makes out that there is only one type of ambition. His ambition may see him go somewhere where he thinks is the best fit for his life and career. It’s not just about going to the ‘biggest’ club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mayor @fleetwood on 14:51 - Jun 30 with 1099 viewsWhymarkmariner

In a way footballers are different to us mere mortals, normally they have maybe 16 years to earn the best they can. then what ? A coach,Manager or maybe a commentator which is more likely with a premier League player. So is it maybe more important to make the most of what you can, whilst you can. Obviously family life is important, but it's not as if footballers are away from their family most of the week. They go in for a few hours training and the rest of the day is theirs. Obviously you have midweek games away and weekend games away. But home games midweek and weekends only take part of a day. Unlike a shift worker whose on 12 hour days, twelve hour nights or 3 shifts. So why someone would turn down a decent opportunity heavens knows. But then it's their life and they must be allowed to decide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024