Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon 21:33 - Jul 8 with 4949 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:36 - Jul 8 with 2928 viewsfooters

Weird having a party with many members and stakeholders who get a say in policy, innit.

Almost as bad as a party that's diametrically opposed to itself ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:37 - Jul 8 with 2920 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:36 - Jul 8 by footers

Weird having a party with many members and stakeholders who get a say in policy, innit.

Almost as bad as a party that's diametrically opposed to itself ;)

I love the fact they could negotiate a deal and then campaign against it. F*cking bonkers
Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:39 - Jul 8 with 2912 viewsfooters

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:37 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

I love the fact they could negotiate a deal and then campaign against it. F*cking bonkers

Crazy.

Almost the same thing that has been happening in most British parties on Brexit. Weird.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:40 - Jul 8 with 2898 viewsBloomBlue

Bunch of fooking idiots.
Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:49 - Jul 8 with 2863 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:37 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

Where does it say that?

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:55 - Jul 8 with 2817 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:49 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

Where does it say that?

At the end of Scenario 2. Click on the Twitter link in the OP as the photo has cut off the last 2 lines

I’ve added a link to the full TULO position below

https://ibb.co/r4q7Z7D
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 21:59]
Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:00 - Jul 8 with 2795 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:55 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

At the end of Scenario 2. Click on the Twitter link in the OP as the photo has cut off the last 2 lines

I’ve added a link to the full TULO position below

https://ibb.co/r4q7Z7D
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 21:59]

I know what it says in the scenarios. Clearly if the only deal they can arrive at with the EU isn't satisfactory, they will make that deal to avoid no deal but then campaign to remain.

I'm referring to your "totally bonkers" insinuation that they'd argue against themselves.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:12 - Jul 8 with 2736 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:00 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

I know what it says in the scenarios. Clearly if the only deal they can arrive at with the EU isn't satisfactory, they will make that deal to avoid no deal but then campaign to remain.

I'm referring to your "totally bonkers" insinuation that they'd argue against themselves.

I think it is totally bonkers that any party puffs its chest out and says it will negotiate a better deal and almost in the same breath says it will campaign against it.

It appears to be another slight of hand to be honest against wanting to admit to being a remain lead party.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:13 - Jul 8 with 2734 viewsJ2BLUE

So basically:

Labour: Give us a good deal or we'll campaign to stay in
EU: Erm...nah you're alright *sniggers*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:20 - Jul 8 with 2717 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:12 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

I think it is totally bonkers that any party puffs its chest out and says it will negotiate a better deal and almost in the same breath says it will campaign against it.

It appears to be another slight of hand to be honest against wanting to admit to being a remain lead party.

Oh FFS. It doesn't say that.

Personally, I'd love Labour to come out as a Remain party (this does it if you actually read between the lines) but I also know that, unlike the LibDems, SNP and the Green Party they have a bigger problem of MPs and voters who can't accept that position without at least promising to try and leave.

Of course, the EU would just refuse to negotiate further and we can hopefully all move on with our lives.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:22 - Jul 8 with 2707 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:20 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

Oh FFS. It doesn't say that.

Personally, I'd love Labour to come out as a Remain party (this does it if you actually read between the lines) but I also know that, unlike the LibDems, SNP and the Green Party they have a bigger problem of MPs and voters who can't accept that position without at least promising to try and leave.

Of course, the EU would just refuse to negotiate further and we can hopefully all move on with our lives.

That’s the problem with Labour’s position. You shouldn’t have to read between the lines.
Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:24 - Jul 8 with 2700 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:22 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

That’s the problem with Labour’s position. You shouldn’t have to read between the lines.

Agreed. But Brexit is a sh!tty situation. And we all know what happens to parties that don't fulfill their promises or even attempt to.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 22:25]

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:07 - Jul 8 with 2642 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can't see anything wrong with that.

Just another day, another ElderGrizzly attack on Labour.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:09 - Jul 8 with 2640 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 22:22 - Jul 8 by ElderGrizzly

It's you who is reading between the lines and trying to conjure up something that isn't there.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:19 - Jul 8 with 2617 viewsBlueBadger

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:07 - Jul 8 by BrixtonBlue

Can't see anything wrong with that.

Just another day, another ElderGrizzly attack on Labour.

Oh come on Dollers, this is a confusing, poorly-thought-through, back-of-fag-packet mess.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:21 - Jul 8 with 2613 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:19 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

Oh come on Dollers, this is a confusing, poorly-thought-through, back-of-fag-packet mess.

Seems to be covering all bases to me. I can't see where (according to Grizzers) they'll be campaigning against themselves.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:23 - Jul 8 with 2607 viewsBlueBadger

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:21 - Jul 8 by BrixtonBlue

Seems to be covering all bases to me. I can't see where (according to Grizzers) they'll be campaigning against themselves.

So, Labour Brexit policy is 'throw everything at the wall and hope the punters fall for it'?

That's not policy Dollers, that's yet more needless obfuscation and water-muddying when what's needed is clarity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:41 - Jul 8 with 2586 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:23 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

So, Labour Brexit policy is 'throw everything at the wall and hope the punters fall for it'?

That's not policy Dollers, that's yet more needless obfuscation and water-muddying when what's needed is clarity.

But this is clear if you read it. It's saying what they'll do in different scenarios.

And you're probably aware that a significant number of Labour MPs and members have fought against any specific Remain no matter what or Leave no matter what. So it has to be dependent on scenarios.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 00:07 - Jul 9 with 2495 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:23 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

They've laid out what should happen in all scenarios. How is that obfuscation? It's a complex issue, if there was one great solution someone would've come up with it by now.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 00:08 - Jul 9 with 2494 viewsBrixtonBlue

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 23:41 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

But this is clear if you read it. It's saying what they'll do in different scenarios.

And you're probably aware that a significant number of Labour MPs and members have fought against any specific Remain no matter what or Leave no matter what. So it has to be dependent on scenarios.

Quite. Pretty clear to me.

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 07:14 - Jul 9 with 2370 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 21:39 - Jul 8 by footers

Crazy.

Almost the same thing that has been happening in most British parties on Brexit. Weird.

It’s been happening in the Conservatives too and they also look an absolute shambles as a result

Meanwhile the parties that have a clear, straightforward message on Brexit (Lib Dems, Brexit Party, Greens) have been doing very well of late. That isn’t a coincidence

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:02 - Jul 9 with 2336 viewsHerbivore

Not sure why they bothered with scenario 2. Not only does it muddy the water (negotiating a deal they might end up campaigning against?) but the chances of Labour winning a GE anytime soon are so slim that they really need not worry about that scenario at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:14 - Jul 9 with 2322 viewschicoazul

This represents the Maximum Leader's attempts to please nearly all of the people 60% of the time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:20 - Jul 9 with 2310 viewsitfcjoe

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:02 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Not sure why they bothered with scenario 2. Not only does it muddy the water (negotiating a deal they might end up campaigning against?) but the chances of Labour winning a GE anytime soon are so slim that they really need not worry about that scenario at all.

If they were to get in power after a GE it will be Nicola Sturgeon, Jo Swinson and possibly Caroline Lucas setting their Brexit positions because they would be a minority Government topped up by a Remain alliance who simply will not try and renegotiate the deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:31 - Jul 9 with 2288 viewsHerbivore

Labour’s position on Brexit not going to be cleared up anytime soon on 08:20 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

If they were to get in power after a GE it will be Nicola Sturgeon, Jo Swinson and possibly Caroline Lucas setting their Brexit positions because they would be a minority Government topped up by a Remain alliance who simply will not try and renegotiate the deal

We won't even get that. Labour have been so inept and so unwilling to take a position on Brexit that we're going to end up a Tory/Brexit coalition and likely a hard Brexit as a result. Scotland will leave the union and lord knows what will happen in Northern Ireland but it probably won't be pretty. A competent opposition would be smashing this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024