Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is excellent 12:34 - Jul 18 with 4141 viewsStokieBlue

She should absolutely have to deal with the consequences of her actions:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/18/abusive-woman-billed-for-85000-aft

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is excellent on 12:42 - Jul 18 with 3187 viewsitfcjoe

Depending on affordability to her, wouldn't a prison sentence be a better punishment.

This fine could cripple her for life, or just not be paid because she can't afford it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is excellent on 12:44 - Jul 18 with 3153 viewsgiant_stow

This is excellent on 12:42 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Depending on affordability to her, wouldn't a prison sentence be a better punishment.

This fine could cripple her for life, or just not be paid because she can't afford it.

if she can't pay, take her away.

Glad there's comeback - might stop other stupid selfish people.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is excellent on 12:46 - Jul 18 with 3140 viewsStokieBlue

In the end she shouldn't have done what she did which resulted in messing up 200 peoples holidays, other people at the airport being delayed and the scrambling of 2 fighter jets.

It's hard to feel sorry for her.

She will still have a criminal case to answer I assume but this isn't a court fine - it's the airline trying to recoup the actual 85,000 GBP it cost them to turn the plane round and everything that went with it.

SB

This is excellent on 12:53 - Jul 18 with 3090 viewsitfcjoe

This is excellent on 12:46 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

In the end she shouldn't have done what she did which resulted in messing up 200 peoples holidays, other people at the airport being delayed and the scrambling of 2 fighter jets.

She will still have a criminal case to answer I assume but this isn't a court fine - it's the airline trying to recoup the actual 85,000 GBP it cost them to turn the plane round and everything that went with it.

SB

Of course she shouldn't do what she did, but just think this punishment may end up being way too severe for it.

This is excellent on 12:55 - Jul 18 with 3062 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This is excellent on 12:46 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Didnt she try to open the emergency door?

Could have been a hell of a lot worse. She fully deserves hard punishment.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This is excellent on 12:55 - Jul 18 with 3061 viewsRobTheMonk

This is excellent on 12:53 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Of course she shouldn't do what she did, but just think this punishment may end up being way too severe for it.

I disagree. If you act a tool be prepared to pay for the conseqences; in this case 85k.
This is excellent on 12:56 - Jul 18 with 3055 viewsIllinoisblue

This is excellent on 12:44 - Jul 18 by giant_stow

if she can't pay, take her away.

Glad there's comeback - might stop other stupid selfish people.

As long as airport bars are serving from 6am this sort of thing will keep happening

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is excellent on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 3053 viewsIllinoisblue

This is excellent on 12:55 - Jul 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Didnt she try to open the emergency door?

Could have been a hell of a lot worse. She fully deserves hard punishment.

Is it even possible to open the emergency door? Any airline geeks know, elder grizzly?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

This is excellent on 13:01 - Jul 18 with 3024 viewsPendejo

This is excellent on 12:57 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

Is it even possible to open the emergency door? Any airline geeks know, elder grizzly?

Not an aeroplane expert but, no I don't believe it is possible to open these doors in flight as the cabin is pressurised and it is the pressure that forms the seal.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

This is excellent on 13:04 - Jul 18 with 2993 viewsfooters

This is excellent on 12:56 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

As long as airport bars are serving from 6am this sort of thing will keep happening

Don't let one muppet ruin early morning, pre-flight piss-ups for the rest of us.

I'm a nervous flier, etc etc.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is excellent on 13:05 - Jul 18 with 2994 viewsStokieBlue

This is excellent on 12:53 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

It's the actual cost of her actions, not a made up figure - it's probably on the low side as well so hard to feel it's too severe. It has to be a deterrent to others surely?

SB

This is excellent on 13:08 - Jul 18 with 2972 viewsStokieBlue

No, the pressure will stop her opening it. That's not really the point though.

She tried to storm the cockpit shouting "I'm going to kill you all", punched and kicked passengers and staff and ended up having to be restrained by a bouncer. Any of those actions is dangerous in a confined space such as a plane.

SB

This is excellent on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 2946 viewsPendejo

I have to ask a question...

How do the fighter jets deal with an individual disruptive passenger who had been restrained?

Hi-jacked flight I'd understand as non-compliance to instructions would be the end of the plane. BUT why for a single disruptive passenger when the flight crew are still in charge.

uberima fides

This is excellent on 13:15 - Jul 18 with 2919 viewsSikamikanico

This is excellent on 13:08 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

No, the pressure will stop her opening it. That's not really the point though.

She tried to storm the cockpit shouting "I'm going to kill you all", punched and kicked passengers and staff and ended up having to be restrained by a bouncer. Any of those actions is dangerous in a confined space such as a plane.

SB

Never flown with Jet2, but how rough are their clientele if they have bouncers on the place?
This is excellent on 13:17 - Jul 18 with 2905 viewsStokieBlue

This is excellent on 13:15 - Jul 18 by Sikamikanico

Never flown with Jet2, but how rough are their clientele if they have bouncers on the place?

He was a passenger going on holiday like all the others her actions ruined.

SB

This is excellent on 13:20 - Jul 18 with 2894 viewsRyorry

This is excellent on 13:11 - Jul 18 by Pendejo

I have to ask a question...

How do the fighter jets deal with an individual disruptive passenger who had been restrained?

Hi-jacked flight I'd understand as non-compliance to instructions would be the end of the plane. BUT why for a single disruptive passenger when the flight crew are still in charge.

I asked this on a similar previous thread, and the answer was that where someone is trying to get onto the flight deck, the consequences are potentially so serious (think 9/11) that it could mean a lower loss of life if the plane were shot down over sea or countryside than if it were to be deliberately crashed by potential terrorist/s into (say) central London.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is excellent on 13:21 - Jul 18 with 2888 viewsitfcjoe

This is excellent on 13:05 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

It's the actual cost of her actions, not a made up figure - it's probably on the low side as well so hard to feel it's too severe. It has to be a deterrent to others surely?

SB

I can't be bothered to get into a long debate about it, just making the point that that sort of figure is a very heavy fine for an individual to pay and would any other crime result in such a heavy fine, other than ones when it is literally paying back money you've stolen or fraudulently got your hands on.

It's all a bit American for me with their suing culture of amounts that normal people just cannot (and in all likelihood will not) pay.

It makes a nice headline for people to talk about though, but I imaghine it is totally unenforcable in the same way that if someone cost my business a load of money I couldn't just demand they pay it.

This is excellent on 13:28 - Jul 18 with 2825 viewsStokieBlue

This is excellent on 13:21 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

I can't be bothered to get into a long debate about it, just making the point that that sort of figure is a very heavy fine for an individual to pay and would any other crime result in such a heavy fine, other than ones when it is literally paying back money you've stolen or fraudulently got your hands on.

It's all a bit American for me with their suing culture of amounts that normal people just cannot (and in all likelihood will not) pay.

It makes a nice headline for people to talk about though, but I imaghine it is totally unenforcable in the same way that if someone cost my business a load of money I couldn't just demand they pay it.

"other than ones when it is literally paying back money you've stolen or fraudulently got your hands on."

But this is essentially what it is so I don't really see your point. She has cost that much money through her criminal actions. How is it different to stealing money or fraud? Are we saying some crimes deserved to be punished equally with their repercussions and some don't?

"It's all a bit American for me with their suing culture of amounts that normal people just cannot (and in all likelihood will not) pay. "

Nobody is doing this. They are asking for only the money they had to spend because of her actions. It's just in no way the same and thinking of it as a "fine" as you've stated it is totally wrong. It's recouping actual costs which have been spent.

For your statement above to hold true it would need to be passengers on the flight who had their holidays ruined suing her for extra money above what the airline actually had to spend.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 13:31]

This is excellent on 13:30 - Jul 18 with 2819 viewsfooters

This is excellent on 13:21 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

You have no idea about her financial status. £85k could be peanuts to her.

And for potentially threatening the wellbeing of her fellow passengers, it's a price she should have to pay.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is excellent on 13:34 - Jul 18 with 2788 viewsElderGrizzly

It should really be both, she got off lightly.

As someone with a lot of friends who are commercial pilots, more people need to have this level of fine as it might make people think twice about being a moron on a plane.
This is excellent on 13:35 - Jul 18 with 2775 viewsElderGrizzly

No, not while the cabin is pressurised
This is excellent on 13:37 - Jul 18 with 2763 viewsitfcjoe

This is excellent on 13:34 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

It should really be both, she got off lightly.

As someone with a lot of friends who are commercial pilots, more people need to have this level of fine as it might make people think twice about being a moron on a plane.

It won't though will it - if people still commit murders in States where there is the death penalty then large fines are not going to stop them acting like morons if they want to act like a moron.

The punishment should be severe and done through the courts.

This is excellent on 13:38 - Jul 18 with 2752 viewsPendejo

This is excellent on 13:20 - Jul 18 by Ryorry

I asked this on a similar previous thread, and the answer was that where someone is trying to get onto the flight deck, the consequences are potentially so serious (think 9/11) that it could mean a lower loss of life if the plane were shot down over sea or countryside than if it were to be deliberately crashed by potential terrorist/s into (say) central London.

In this instance the individual was restrained relatively quickly, and whilst attempting an entry to the cockpit did not succeed.

However, it is a valid training exercise for "when" it happens again.

uberima fides

This is excellent on 13:38 - Jul 18 with 2747 viewsHeathlander

This is excellent on 13:30 - Jul 18 by footers

And for potentially threatening the wellbeing of her fellow passengers, it's a price she should have to pay.

She would not be flying Jet2 if £85k was peanuts to her.
This is excellent on 13:39 - Jul 18 with 2727 viewsWeekender

This is excellent on 13:30 - Jul 18 by footers

She works at Costa apparently so shew may have a fair bit of overtime to do.

By the by really, the airline is suing for loss resulting from her actions. Its not being levied as a fine or as punishment as SB states.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024