Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amber Rudd has quit... 21:14 - Sep 7 with 17652 viewsEastTownBlue

...the cabinet and the Tory whip

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:22 - Sep 7 with 3981 viewsSwansea_Blue

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:18 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

Not to be rude, but have you suffered frontal lobe damage at some point?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:22 - Sep 7 with 3984 viewsjimmyvet

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:15 - Sep 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Something to do with Corbyn being an existential treat to Jews....do keep up Jimmy.

BDS as somebody who hates nutters whether right or left it was a genuine question as it makes no sense to me. The poster I asked always has a very deep and balanced view on these matters unlike you who is clearly biased.

Thanks for your response though.
Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:25 - Sep 7 with 3972 viewsSwansea_Blue

Amber Rudd has quit... on 21:19 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

Absolute shower of a government.

At least we’re entertaining the world. This editorial in Canada’s biggest paper is doing the rounds:

‘How bad is Boris Johnson? We can’t even find the words’
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/opinion/editorials/article-how-bad-is-boris-

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:30 - Sep 7 with 3957 viewsWeWereZombies

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:25 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

At least we’re entertaining the world. This editorial in Canada’s biggest paper is doing the rounds:

‘How bad is Boris Johnson? We can’t even find the words’
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/opinion/editorials/article-how-bad-is-boris-

And yet they did find the words:

'British politics today is what results from the collision of an unstoppable force, an immovable object and a clown car.

The unstoppable force is the dominant faction of Britain’s Conservative Party, which insists on not just an exit from the European Union, but the most catastrophic exit possible. It’s a plan for national self-defenestration. The immovable object is reality — the reality that a no-deal Brexit will play havoc with the economy and hurt real people; the reality that a majority of Parliament and the people will not back it; the reality that the Brexit-at-any-cost crowd can’t press the detonator without majority approval.

And the clown car is Mr. Johnson.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:35 - Sep 7 with 3941 viewsblueconscience

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:18 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

Not to be rude, but have you suffered frontal lobe damage at some point?

Can you please refrain from using Lobe damage as an insult. I expect better from you, and am very disappointed.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:41 - Sep 7 with 3920 viewsSpruceMoose

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:35 - Sep 7 by blueconscience

Can you please refrain from using Lobe damage as an insult. I expect better from you, and am very disappointed.

No.

I reserve the right to ask questions.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:48 - Sep 7 with 3908 viewsblueconscience

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:41 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

No.

I reserve the right to ask questions.

I am even more disappointed with but not surprised by that response. Whether it is meant as joke or not, you can’t get much lower than using medical issues against people. And I don’t appreciate people using problems I have suffered with in that manner.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:50 - Sep 7 with 3900 viewsjeera

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:48 - Sep 7 by blueconscience

I am even more disappointed with but not surprised by that response. Whether it is meant as joke or not, you can’t get much lower than using medical issues against people. And I don’t appreciate people using problems I have suffered with in that manner.

You're honestly trying to make that personal?

Sorry to hear of that btw, but nonetheless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:52 - Sep 7 with 3894 viewstabletopjoe

What she was doing in the cabinet was a mystery, she’s never been interested in Brexit.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:53 - Sep 7 with 3884 viewsBackToRussia

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:52 - Sep 7 by tabletopjoe

What she was doing in the cabinet was a mystery, she’s never been interested in Brexit.

You realise there's still a country to run and Brexit isn't the sum of everything?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:54 - Sep 7 with 3880 viewsblueconscience

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:50 - Sep 7 by jeera

I don’t want pity, as I have since recovered and am doing fine, I just don’t like people using medical issues in that manner.

Name call as much as you want, just avoid using medical conditions in insults or attacks.

Rant over

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:56 - Sep 7 with 3872 viewsjeera

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:54 - Sep 7 by blueconscience

I don’t want pity, as I have since recovered and am doing fine, I just don’t like people using medical issues in that manner.

Name call as much as you want, just avoid using medical conditions in insults or attacks.

Rant over

I wasn't offering you pity. I am genuinely sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Why wouldn't I.

It's a good job being a victim of condescension isn't a illness or condition though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:58 - Sep 7 with 3867 viewsblueconscience

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:56 - Sep 7 by jeera

I wasn't offering you pity. I am genuinely sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Why wouldn't I.

It's a good job being a victim of condescension isn't a illness or condition though.

Sorry for the rant, just annoyed me.

If being a victim of condescension was an illness, most people on here would be terminal.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:59 - Sep 7 with 3865 viewsRyorry

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:50 - Sep 7 by jeera

Given the usually excellent level of support for mental health issues on here, using it in the way that Spruce did was hypocritical, as well as distasteful in my view.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Amber Rudd has quit... on 23:17 - Sep 7 with 3804 viewssyntaxerror

Amber Rudd has quit... on 21:56 - Sep 7 by syntaxerror

Yep its a war isn't it. Gotta root out the traitors.

Just remind me exactly who we are fighting?

Any reply Crunchie? I am seriously curious.
Amber Rudd has quit... on 23:38 - Sep 7 with 3752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:22 - Sep 7 by jimmyvet

BDS as somebody who hates nutters whether right or left it was a genuine question as it makes no sense to me. The poster I asked always has a very deep and balanced view on these matters unlike you who is clearly biased.

And my reply was a genuine if only partial one.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 23:42 - Sep 7 with 3741 viewsSpruceMoose

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:48 - Sep 7 by blueconscience

I'm sorry you've had issues. But remember you know nothing about me (just as I know nothing about you). Maybe I'm happy to joke about medical conditions I myself have experience of? Maybe that's my right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Amber Rudd has quit... on 23:43 - Sep 7 with 3740 viewsSpruceMoose

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:22 - Sep 7 by jimmyvet

Don't say nutters. Someone will get up in arms about it. Probably avoid the terms mental and crazy to be safe too.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 23:52 - Sep 7 with 3732 viewsGuthrum

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:10 - Sep 7 by jimmyvet

Understand all that so why do latest polls out today show increased support for BJ and Tories? I don’t understand this at all please explain is this due to complete mistrust with opposition parties?

That poll was taken over the four days up to yesterday and is drawn from a sample of 2,000 people contacted online.

I don't doubt it's a very carefully selected group of respondents, with very clever statistical analysis used to extrapolate the raw data for the country as a whole. But it isn't a particularly big sample. Not when you're looking at an electorate of 47 million, with distinct regional, political and economic variation.

Plus we're in an era when parties are not winning elections outright, but instead forming coalitions and alliances. That happened in two out of the last three General Elections. It might be more informative to, say, look at the Conservative percentage (which is increasing mainly at the expense of the Brexit Party) set against a combination of Labour and the LibDems. Then you have parties like the SNP, which do not really figure in polls like this, but are likely to win a large bloc of seats and have an influence on who could possibly form a gocernment..

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:01 - Sep 8 with 3721 viewsGuthrum

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:53 - Sep 7 by BackToRussia

You realise there's still a country to run and Brexit isn't the sum of everything?

That's part of the problem. For a fairly large number of people, leaving the EU has now become an all-consuming article of faith, for which they are prepared to sacrifice everything.

Probably because they were offered some vision of paradise and that's now in danger of being taken away from them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:19 - Sep 8 with 3676 viewstabletopjoe

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:01 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

That's part of the problem. For a fairly large number of people, leaving the EU has now become an all-consuming article of faith, for which they are prepared to sacrifice everything.

Probably because they were offered some vision of paradise and that's now in danger of being taken away from them.

It’s that kind of arrogance that the Remainers will sadly live to regret.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:21 - Sep 8 with 3669 viewseireblue

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:52 - Sep 7 by tabletopjoe

Yea who makes those decisi......oh, of course.
Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:22 - Sep 8 with 3670 viewsCotty

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:19 - Sep 8 by tabletopjoe

To the arrogant, knowledge and insight can appear as arrogance.
Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:34 - Sep 8 with 3648 viewsRyorry

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:19 - Sep 8 by tabletopjoe

eh?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:39 - Sep 8 with 3653 viewsFootballpete

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:01 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

This is my fear. Speaking to my mostly right leaning family, the more reckless Johnson behaves the more he’s cheered on. Brexit appears to trump everything else. I’m not one to talk of creeping fascism, it’s thrown about far too often, but the current trend of increasing your popularity by throwing traditional conventions on the fire is a concerning development, particularly as it so enthusiastically supported by those who traditionally support British institutions.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024