Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe teachers... 11:32 - Oct 4 with 7917 viewschicoazul

....are making schools deliberately bad at educating children so that they themselves can earn more money?

https://www.suttontrust.com/research-paper/private-tuition-polling-2019/

TLDR; A quarter of secondary school teachers have taken on private tuition outside school in the past two years, according to new polling published by the Sutton Trust today.
Or in other words schools are so bad at teaching children that teachers now do it outside of school hours (for money).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe teachers... on 13:58 - Oct 4 with 1136 viewswkj

Maybe teachers... on 13:57 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Lol.

Keep on digging mate.

I think that is the protocol for these threads, Post something divisive, follow up with yeah buts, or "so what you're saying with" Classic angling.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Maybe teachers... on 14:02 - Oct 4 with 1108 viewsBlueBadger

Do you think that if Chico was paid more he'd stop being so obtusely dense?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe teachers... on 14:04 - Oct 4 with 1120 viewswkj

Maybe teachers... on 14:02 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Probably been buying too many of those there illegal drugs with the extra money he earns from being a male rather than a female.

Crybaby

Maybe teachers... on 14:10 - Oct 4 with 1113 viewshomer_123

Maybe teachers... on 12:54 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

If you think ignorance of a subject means nobody should express an opinion about it you'd better get Phil to shut the board ASAP.
I simply find it deeply interesting that teaching in schools is clearly so bad now that 1/4 of teachers (and 4 in every 10 in London) take out of hours paid work to teach their students.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 12:54]

'...take out of hours paid work to teach their students'

Which, somewhat, stymies your assertion that they are not underpaid.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Maybe teachers... on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 1113 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 14:10 - Oct 4 by homer_123

He's almost there, he almost pulled all the pieces together, but at the last moment swerves off into the bushes and fluffs the conclusion entirely.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Maybe teachers... on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 1110 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Maybe teachers... on 12:37 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

We don't pay them low. Teachers can be a trainee or unqualified and earn more than the average wage in the UK. Once they are qualified they can earn 10k more than the average wage. They can also enjoy excellent pensions.

We do pay them low. You keep talking about the average wage. Totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the level/responsibility of job, the required dedication, intelligence and hours to do said job and then comparing this with like for like in the market.

In private market these people would be paid significantly more. They have my full respect and it's pretty clear to most rational and fair thinking people that they are undervalued and in my opinion underpaid.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Maybe teachers... on 14:13 - Oct 4 with 1097 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe teachers... on 13:58 - Oct 4 by wkj

I think that is the protocol for these threads, Post something divisive, follow up with yeah buts, or "so what you're saying with" Classic angling.

This is how we ended up with Brexit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe teachers... on 14:14 - Oct 4 with 1107 viewshomer_123

Maybe teachers... on 14:04 - Oct 4 by wkj

Probably been buying too many of those there illegal drugs with the extra money he earns from being a male rather than a female.

[take that back - harsh and not fair - cheap shot. apols chico]
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe teachers... on 14:15 - Oct 4 with 1105 viewsBiGDonnie

Maybe teachers... on 14:04 - Oct 4 by wkj

It is Friday....

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Maybe teachers... on 14:15 - Oct 4 with 1108 viewswkj

Maybe teachers... on 14:12 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

He's almost there, he almost pulled all the pieces together, but at the last moment swerves off into the bushes and fluffs the conclusion entirely.

Crybaby

Maybe teachers... on 14:20 - Oct 4 with 1093 viewsChurchman

Maybe teachers... on 12:50 - Oct 4 by RegencyBlue

In addition, from my sons experience as a teacher, its also having to be a social worker, surrogate parent, law enforcer and half a dozen other jobs that need doing in schools these days!

If the OP thinks its such an attractive job I suggest they try it. Failing that I suggest they let their complete ignorance of a subject stop them from expressing an opinion about it in future.

Rant over!

This is spot on.
Maybe teachers... on 14:23 - Oct 4 with 1077 viewsBrixtonBlue

Maybe teachers... on 14:02 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

I think he'd have been better if he'd gone to school.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Maybe teachers... on 14:25 - Oct 4 with 1078 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 14:20 - Oct 4 by Churchman

This is spot on.

There's another angle here too. My missus is a primary school teacher. She works longs days. She doesn't stop working when she comes home. She also tutors. She's well paid by the New York Dept of Education so doesn't do it for the money. Like most teachers she genuinely loves teaching and tutoring allows her to do that in a different manner than teaching a group of 30 kids. It's a passion for many of them, but that doesn't mean that should be taken advantage of.

Honestly, teachers don't get anywhere near the level of respect or remuneration they that deserve in the UK.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 14:25]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Maybe teachers... on 14:31 - Oct 4 with 1067 viewsDyland

Maybe teachers... on 12:50 - Oct 4 by RegencyBlue

In addition, from my sons experience as a teacher, its also having to be a social worker, surrogate parent, law enforcer and half a dozen other jobs that need doing in schools these days!

If the OP thinks its such an attractive job I suggest they try it. Failing that I suggest they let their complete ignorance of a subject stop them from expressing an opinion about it in future.

Rant over!

That's the most reasonable rant I've read on here in a while, do carry on :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ffs Chickers on 14:36 - Oct 4 with 1065 viewsDyland

Maybe teachers... on 12:01 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Why do you think they are underpaid?

Unqualified/trainee teacher: £17,208 — £27,216
Teacher (average pay range): £23,720 — £35,008
Teacher (upper pay range): £36,646 — £39,406

These are highly respectable salaries, and the pension benefits they enjoy are also good, to say nothing of the personal fulfilment I imagine that kind of job can offer. There are very few trainee jobs that could pay you 24k, for instance.

Where's your moral compass at the moment eh?

"These are highly respectable salaries..."

Subjective at best, but this is a bit weasel.

"... to say nothing of the personal fulfilment I imagine that kind of job can offer."

Seriously? Jesus Christ mate.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Maybe teachers... on 14:51 - Oct 4 with 1048 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 14:12 - Oct 4 by Terry_Nutkins

We do pay them low. You keep talking about the average wage. Totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the level/responsibility of job, the required dedication, intelligence and hours to do said job and then comparing this with like for like in the market.

In private market these people would be paid significantly more. They have my full respect and it's pretty clear to most rational and fair thinking people that they are undervalued and in my opinion underpaid.

In your opinion. In other words, you disagree with me, which is fine. But you and so many others ITT ought to reflect on what calling me names and implying I am not rational or fair thinking says about you.
Keen to know more about why referring to the average wage of all persons is totally irrelevant though in the context of whether teachers are underpaid. Unless you think the only context that counts is yours?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Maybe teachers... on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 1043 viewsmonytowbray

BREAKING: Man who doesn't do job and has no idea what it's like to do said job is having a go at people who do that job about how they should do their job.

If teaching is such an easy gravy train, the option is open for you to retrain and become one. Odd that not many people do though, in fact quite the opposite as people get away from teaching.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Maybe teachers... on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 1041 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 14:10 - Oct 4 by homer_123

Disagree, it doesnt stymie that at all. Maybe teachers see it as a good opportunity to earn *more* in addition to their already-good wages. Maybe they do it because they consider it a moral imperative to further help their students (although I dont know why they would charge for it in that case). Maybe they keep standards artificially low in schools in order to capture this additional money.
I dont mean you in this as you are arguing perfectly sensibly and normally, but many people ITT are revealing themselves to be as intolerant and close-minded as so many of the Daily Mail readers they no doubt posture to despise.

Maybe teachers... on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 1035 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 14:55 - Oct 4 by monytowbray

BREAKING: Man who doesn't do job and has no idea what it's like to do said job is having a go at people who do that job about how they should do their job.

If teaching is such an easy gravy train, the option is open for you to retrain and become one. Odd that not many people do though, in fact quite the opposite as people get away from teaching.

BREAKING; Man who says he has poster on ignore constantly, replies to poster's thread.

At least be consistent.

I haven't at all said how they should be doing their job, although I have plenty of ideas if you'd like to hear them?

Maybe teachers... on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 1024 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 14:14 - Oct 4 by homer_123

[take that back - harsh and not fair - cheap shot. apols chico]
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:00]

What?

Although since you're asking, women are in fact over-paid compared to men at certain ages. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/29/women-in-20s-earn-more-men-same-ag

Maybe teachers... on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 1021 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 14:55 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Disagree, it doesnt stymie that at all. Maybe teachers see it as a good opportunity to earn *more* in addition to their already-good wages. Maybe they do it because they consider it a moral imperative to further help their students (although I dont know why they would charge for it in that case). Maybe they keep standards artificially low in schools in order to capture this additional money.
I dont mean you in this as you are arguing perfectly sensibly and normally, but many people ITT are revealing themselves to be as intolerant and close-minded as so many of the Daily Mail readers they no doubt posture to despise.

Lol. Classic Chickers.

Maybe teachers... on 14:59 - Oct 4 with 1022 viewswkj

Maybe teachers... on 14:57 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

BREAKING; Man who says he has poster on ignore constantly, replies to poster's thread.

At least be consistent.

I haven't at all said how they should be doing their job, although I have plenty of ideas if you'd like to hear them?

Might be worth sharing some of the ideas on here. Seems a few will have a good idea how viable they would be by criteria of an ofsted observation.

Crybaby

Maybe teachers... on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 1017 viewshomer_123

Maybe teachers... on 14:51 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

In your opinion. In other words, you disagree with me, which is fine. But you and so many others ITT ought to reflect on what calling me names and implying I am not rational or fair thinking says about you.
Keen to know more about why referring to the average wage of all persons is totally irrelevant though in the context of whether teachers are underpaid. Unless you think the only context that counts is yours?

To revert to name calling is wrong Chico, I'd agree on that.

However, you've posted in a public forum and whilst you are absolutely entitled to your views and opinions and have every right to express them, you can't then, be unhappy if people then point out failings in your thinking, logic, argument or position.

You could, of course, reflect on others perspectives and decide if they, at all, change your own.

Ffs Chickers on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 1017 viewschicoazul

Ffs Chickers on 14:36 - Oct 4 by Dyland

Where's your moral compass at the moment eh?

"These are highly respectable salaries..."

Subjective at best, but this is a bit weasel.

"... to say nothing of the personal fulfilment I imagine that kind of job can offer."

Seriously? Jesus Christ mate.

Sorry luv but what on Earth does "this is what Teachers earn" have to do with my moral compass?? What's subjective about "this is what teachers earn"?

Maybe teachers... on 15:01 - Oct 4 with 1012 viewshomer_123

Maybe teachers... on 14:58 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

What?

Although since you're asking, women are in fact over-paid compared to men at certain ages. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/29/women-in-20s-earn-more-men-same-ag

Apols Chico - was a cheap shot. No need for my post - have removed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024