Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell's best position and system? 07:30 - Oct 11 with 3061 viewshampstead_blue

Clearly he fits well into the young England's team and the way they play.

I've not seen him much so can't comment on how to get the best out of him.

What is his best position and system? Seems like we a either wasting his talent.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Dozzell's best position and system? on 07:46 - Oct 11 with 2810 viewsHerbivore

Youth football is hugely different to men's football. I think the whole premise of the thread is flawed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 07:50 - Oct 11 with 2801 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:23 - Oct 11 with 2714 viewsGuthrum

Dozzell's best position and system? on 07:46 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Youth football is hugely different to men's football. I think the whole premise of the thread is flawed.

Not to mention that he is playing alongside the cream of national talent at that agegroup, only one of whom (Downes) is in his more usual matchday squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:31 - Oct 11 with 2687 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell's best position and system? on 07:46 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Ok, so I shall restate....

In an adult team......what is his best position?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:34 - Oct 11 with 2675 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:31 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

The bench.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:44 - Oct 11 with 2669 viewsitfcjoe

He's a deep lying playmaker, the role he started the season playing when he injured his knee.

The fact the pragmatic Mick McCarthy basically let him become the first player in 4-5 years in charge to drop back in and pick the ball up from the centre halves, even if it was for about 40 minutes, was a massive sign as to how he rated him there.

But that injury has totally scuppered his career

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:53 - Oct 11 with 2638 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:44 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

He's a deep lying playmaker, the role he started the season playing when he injured his knee.

The fact the pragmatic Mick McCarthy basically let him become the first player in 4-5 years in charge to drop back in and pick the ball up from the centre halves, even if it was for about 40 minutes, was a massive sign as to how he rated him there.

Thanks.
Similar to Huws I guess.

I think we've the strongest midfield since Matt and Magic strode like giants.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 2622 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:53 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

Thanks.
Similar to Huws I guess.

When everyone is fit we could field three CM partnerships that would likely be the best three CM partnerships in the division, that's how strong we are in midfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:07 - Oct 11 with 2597 viewschicoazul

Thanks.
Similar to Huws I guess.

Our current midfield is not even as good as Tabb Anderson Skuse and Bru.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:17 - Oct 11 with 2555 viewsGarv

Dozzell's best position and system? on 07:50 - Oct 11 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

That’s the best thing is it?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:19 - Oct 11 with 2543 viewsOldsmoker

Thanks.
Similar to Huws I guess.

None of our midfield made the Sky Bet League 1 Team of the Season so far.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11831330/league-one-team-of-the-20

The Oxford guys got 3 of the positions.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:22 - Oct 11 with 2525 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:19 - Oct 11 by Oldsmoker

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11831330/league-one-team-of-the-20

They're taking a purely statistical approach that will tend to favour goalscoring midfielders over the likes of Skuse and Downes, both of whom look head and shoulders above most other CMs at this level.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:23 - Oct 11 with 2528 viewsitfcjoe

Other than CB, goals are the key for whoscored ratings so doesn't really say much

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:34 - Oct 11 with 2492 viewsfooters

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:31 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

In an adult team? Missionary.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:52 - Oct 11 with 2385 viewsdavblue

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:23 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

Not to mention that he is playing alongside the cream of national talent at that agegroup, only one of whom (Downes) is in his more usual matchday squad.

That pass at Gillingham was class for the goal, he raised the tempo instantly and was incisive.

It's only one pass though but i don't think we have another player in our squad who could do that.

I think a loan period would be good to get some game time and rhythm into his legs, playing 3 games a week during periods.
Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:53 - Oct 11 with 2379 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell's best position and system? on 09:34 - Oct 11 by footers

In an adult team? Missionary.

I was thinking tea and coffee. Get him a trolley like Mrs Doyle.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:54 - Oct 11 with 2376 viewshampstead_blue

We never seem to get any publicity.
We're unbeaten yet the BBC website just promotes 'anyone but Ipswich'....no love :-(

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:56 - Oct 11 with 2373 viewsDyland

Dozzell's best position and system? on 08:44 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

True, but at the risk of poking a wasp's nest, would MM have started Andre if there weren't injuries to senior midfielders....? I don't remember exactly.

Certainly his injury at the end of the half was a total gut for him and the fans, cos he was growing into that game and one pass in particular showed his vision and skill.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:59 - Oct 11 with 2361 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:54 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

We never seem to get any publicity.
We're unbeaten yet the BBC website just promotes 'anyone but Ipswich'....no love :-(

That's nonsense. We're top of the third tier so we're not going to be front page news, but we get talked about plenty.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:59 - Oct 11 with 2361 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:56 - Oct 11 by Dyland

True, but at the risk of poking a wasp's nest, would MM have started Andre if there weren't injuries to senior midfielders....? I don't remember exactly.

Certainly his injury at the end of the half was a total gut for him and the fans, cos he was growing into that game and one pass in particular showed his vision and skill.

Most chances for young players come from others being unavailable - we were looking to play a midfield 3 of Skuse, Huws and Adeyemi that season so had he played like he was for that first 40 minutes he would have been able to retain his palce as no-one coming back to fitness to bump him

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:59 - Oct 11 with 2359 viewsHerbivore

Mick had given him a fair few appearances in the previous season as well to be fair.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 11:07 - Oct 11 with 2343 viewsDyland

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:59 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Most chances for young players come from others being unavailable - we were looking to play a midfield 3 of Skuse, Huws and Adeyemi that season so had he played like he was for that first 40 minutes he would have been able to retain his palce as no-one coming back to fitness to bump him

Ah yes, of course, Huws and Adeyemi :)

Such a gut he fooked his knee. For all parties.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 11:08 - Oct 11 with 2340 viewsDyland

Dozzell's best position and system? on 10:59 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Mick had given him a fair few appearances in the previous season as well to be fair.

Sure, but different to starting the game at beginning of the season.

Oh how the small margins play their part... if he hadn't got that crippling injury, etc.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 11:10 - Oct 11 with 2317 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell's best position and system? on 11:08 - Oct 11 by Dyland

Sure, but different to starting the game at beginning of the season.

Oh how the small margins play their part... if he hadn't got that crippling injury, etc.

He was looking class that day. The previous season he'd managed some nice cameos from the bench too. That injury really has screwed him.

Dozzell's best position and system? on 12:40 - Oct 11 with 2214 viewsSuperblue95

On the flip side, it gave the opportunity for Downes to come on in his place for his debut and put in a quality display. He’s not done too badly since

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024