Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up 16:39 - Oct 22 with 2991 viewsMullet

https://oddschanger.com/football-news/market-movers-league-one-promotion-race-ti

Not really sure how he comes to the conclusion that it was 4 years of gradual decline given we dropped all of 1 position then 9, then went up again to 12th before an absolute collapse. That's about the definitive opposite of gradual.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:22 - Oct 22 with 808 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:03 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

Worth bearing in mind that this season is only 12 games old and could just as easily turn to crap as end in triumph.

True true

However I prefer to see it as the Treble winning season

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:29 - Oct 22 with 795 viewsSpruceMoose

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:22 - Oct 22 by The_Romford_Blue

True true

However I prefer to see it as the Treble winning season

Oh lawd...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 791 viewsjudespiveyg

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 18:52 - Oct 22 by The_Romford_Blue

This season is the best season as a town fan I’ve had (because of how the playoff season ended) and I was born in 98.

Born a few years later than you, and it's hard to say which the best season has been (first was 2009/10) The playoff year was fun, but I knew by about February that we weren't good enough to go up. Keane and Jewell's seasons were rubbish in hindsight (Arsenal game aside), although not as bad as 16/17 and the second half of 17/18. The less said about last season the better. The first month of 15/16 was fantastic, with Fraser, Niles, Sears and Pitman linking nicely, wasn't the same after losing to Reading.

2012/13 was probably the best season, as we actually achieved our aim (avoiding relegation), and there was genuine hope for the future.

Lot of potential for this season to be the best if we go up, playing watchable football with the most likable Ipswich manager I've seen, however it is only 12 games old.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 786 viewsSpruceMoose

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:31 - Oct 22 by judespiveyg

Born a few years later than you, and it's hard to say which the best season has been (first was 2009/10) The playoff year was fun, but I knew by about February that we weren't good enough to go up. Keane and Jewell's seasons were rubbish in hindsight (Arsenal game aside), although not as bad as 16/17 and the second half of 17/18. The less said about last season the better. The first month of 15/16 was fantastic, with Fraser, Niles, Sears and Pitman linking nicely, wasn't the same after losing to Reading.

2012/13 was probably the best season, as we actually achieved our aim (avoiding relegation), and there was genuine hope for the future.

Lot of potential for this season to be the best if we go up, playing watchable football with the most likable Ipswich manager I've seen, however it is only 12 games old.

I don't want to cause a big blow up here, but has the football really been that much more watchable?

I only watch from afar these days on iFollow and suchlike, so could well be wrong, but other than in odd flashes it's still seemed like we don't have a system and nothing we have tried has clicked.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 19:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 780 viewsActionMan

Four years of gradual decline? That's generous. We were nearly relegated in 2016-17 (just 4 points off the drop) and after a good summer haul of players we started well in 2017-18 but were downright shocking by the end, and in 2018-19 the obvious happened, well obvious to all but a few hardcore who proclaimed Paul Hurst, his signings and the football as the best thing that ever happened.

It's been close to 20 years of decline in real terms, financially, positional wise in terms of league finishes, stature of the club, we've had one decent cup run and flirted with the playoffs since Joe Royle was wrongly cheered out of Town.
A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 767 viewsjudespiveyg

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:35 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

I don't want to cause a big blow up here, but has the football really been that much more watchable?

I only watch from afar these days on iFollow and suchlike, so could well be wrong, but other than in odd flashes it's still seemed like we don't have a system and nothing we have tried has clicked.

To a point, though it's not as good as some are saying, hence 'watchable' rather than 'good'. We're still quite direct, but it's plan B as opposed to plan A. When we get the passing going (Tranmere, Shrewsbury, Sunderland) it's genuinely nice to watch, but we're not always being allowed to do it.
Don't think we had the right players to do it under McCarthy, especially once Bishop and McGoldrick would inevitably get injured. I think this team would rather pass first, whereas McCarthy's would set up to be ultra-direct, which was somewhat tedious at times.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 766 viewsBrixtonBlue

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:03 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

Worth bearing in mind that this season is only 12 games old and could just as easily turn to crap as end in triumph.

Well you're a little ray of sunshine, ain't ya?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 761 viewsHerbivore

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:38 - Oct 22 by ActionMan

Four years of gradual decline? That's generous. We were nearly relegated in 2016-17 (just 4 points off the drop) and after a good summer haul of players we started well in 2017-18 but were downright shocking by the end, and in 2018-19 the obvious happened, well obvious to all but a few hardcore who proclaimed Paul Hurst, his signings and the football as the best thing that ever happened.

It's been close to 20 years of decline in real terms, financially, positional wise in terms of league finishes, stature of the club, we've had one decent cup run and flirted with the playoffs since Joe Royle was wrongly cheered out of Town.

We weren't nearly relegated in 2016/17. We were basically safe at Easter and then lost our last three games (first time we lost three in a row under Mick). Let's not rewrite history.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 756 viewsBlueBadger

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 18:54 - Oct 22 by PJH

Did I ever tell you that when I was 11 ITFC were Champions Of England?

This makes you old enough to be Facters' great-great grandchild.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:07 - Oct 22 with 746 viewsBrixtonBlue

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 19:35 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

"we don't have a system and nothing we have tried has clicked"

We're top of the league fella!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 738 viewsSpruceMoose

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:07 - Oct 22 by BrixtonBlue

"we don't have a system and nothing we have tried has clicked"

We're top of the league fella!

I'm talking about playing style, not results. One of the main criticisms of MM was that his football was aesthetically unappealing. I don't see how that has changed.

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:18 - Oct 22 with 732 viewsgordon

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 18:52 - Oct 22 by The_Romford_Blue

This season is the best season as a town fan I’ve had (because of how the playoff season ended) and I was born in 98.

You know we're going to struggle from here on in and miss out on getting in the play-offs on the last day of the season, don't you?
A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 730 viewsgordon

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:13 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

I'm talking about playing style, not results. One of the main criticisms of MM was that his football was aesthetically unappealing. I don't see how that has changed.

From what I've seen (again on ifollow etc) we've been pretty disjointed a lot of the time, I'd be pretty surprised if we finished in the top two, based on the season so far.
A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:24 - Oct 22 with 724 viewspointofblue

To change the topic my quibble with the review is "take Vincent-Young, Wilson, Downes and Norwood out of the side and they look very ordinary." Take four key players out of ANY League One side and they'd look very ordinary, especially if the manager gets the selection and balance completely wrong.

ETA plus we were also missing Bishop, Huws, Keane, Sears...
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 20:25]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:26 - Oct 22 with 720 viewsSpruceMoose

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:24 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

To change the topic my quibble with the review is "take Vincent-Young, Wilson, Downes and Norwood out of the side and they look very ordinary." Take four key players out of ANY League One side and they'd look very ordinary, especially if the manager gets the selection and balance completely wrong.

ETA plus we were also missing Bishop, Huws, Keane, Sears...
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 20:25]

Agreed. They may as well have written, 'they would struggle if you removed half the first team for the rest of the season'.

Idiots.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 20:26]

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:46 - Oct 22 with 698 viewsHerbivore

A neat summary on the top six and why they might (not) go up on 20:22 - Oct 22 by gordon

From what I've seen (again on ifollow etc) we've been pretty disjointed a lot of the time, I'd be pretty surprised if we finished in the top two, based on the season so far.

You need to watch the sides we're playing as well as watching us. This league is toss, we can finish top 2 by turning up for a third of a match at a time. Sadly on Sunday we turned up for much less than that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024