Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? 17:51 - Oct 28 with 20256 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

With Winter fast approaching, I was just wondering what the coldest football game you have ever been to is and how you dealt with it?

I want to give a shoutout to someone back in 2015 vs Wolves at home who was doing laps of the concourse at half time to "warm his feet up". True story.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 16:26 - Oct 29 with 901 viewsBlue_Moses

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 18:34 - Oct 28 by FPL_Tractor

Charlton away, possibly New Year’s Day. 90s or 00s, not sure. Frozen. Anyone else remember it?

I remember it and it was bloody cold
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 16:29 - Oct 29 with 892 viewsITFC_Forever

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 11:39 - Oct 29 by IpswichKnight

Yes they cut short 1/2 time to make sure the game finished before the pitch froze, think Ian Marshall scored a stunner for a 1-0 win.

No.

Half-time was shortened on New Years Day 2002.

Marshall's stunner was in a 2-0 win in December 1995.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 17:04 - Oct 29 with 869 viewsjontysnut

Scarborough at the old Theatre of Chips. Wind straight from Siberia. I had a newspaper with me which I ended up stuffing down my trousers. I got an oxo and by the time I'd stirred it it'd gone cold.
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 17:51 - Oct 29 with 860 viewshappybeingblue

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 19:08 - Oct 28 by ParisBlue

The 1997 game gets my vote. Woke up New Years Day morning and was gutted the game was still on - one of only a few. The ref shortened half time as the pitch was freezing. Never been so cold.

On a similar theme the wetest I've ever been was Sunderland in 1992. A couple of weeks from promotion but stuffed by a Sunderland team not far from being relegated but in front of a full house due to promotions for cup final tickets. It started raining just before the game started and threw it down all game...

18 december 2015 we beat leicester 3-0 live on sky portman rd pitch was covered in snow,for those who were not there check it out on youtube,i had a works xmas do straight after so had my saturday night clothes on :) i was freezing
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 17:54 - Oct 29 with 859 viewshappybeingblue

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 17:51 - Oct 29 by happybeingblue

18 december 2015 we beat leicester 3-0 live on sky portman rd pitch was covered in snow,for those who were not there check it out on youtube,i had a works xmas do straight after so had my saturday night clothes on :) i was freezing

2010 i mean ,it felt colder than the boro game that was called off at home too,cant wait for them winter nights again!
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 19:22 - Oct 29 with 836 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 18:01 - Oct 28 by SitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253277/Scunthorpe-United-1-I

Could see the pitch freezing up as the game went on

Yep been there myself too.

Another one that gets my vote is 1-4 defeat to Barnsley, March of 2008, a midweek night game. Stephen Bywater had a stinker and one of the goals Barnsley scored was straight from the corner. Horrible game in the horrible conditions, windy and freezing.
Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 19:47 - Oct 29 with 821 viewsjudespiveyg

If we're allowing games we've played in...
Wickham Market u17 vs Laxfield u18 last March. Completely unprotected from gale force winds coming from one side, which eventually brought horizontal rain. Cold morning to just be in football kit.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 21:49 - Oct 29 with 779 viewsrgp1

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 19:22 - Oct 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep been there myself too.

Another one that gets my vote is 1-4 defeat to Barnsley, March of 2008, a midweek night game. Stephen Bywater had a stinker and one of the goals Barnsley scored was straight from the corner. Horrible game in the horrible conditions, windy and freezing.

I remember that one, we were drinking in the Hoyle mill pub close to the ground before the game wondering if it would still be on. 2 other games I remember was getting absolutely soaked on new years day in 1990 at Port Vale in the 5-0 stuffing, and does any remember a friday night at Huddersfield in April 1988, open terrace soaking wet but a 2-1 win thanks to a Dalian Atkinson stunner in the second half?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 21:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Coldest football Match you have ever been to?? on 00:32 - Oct 30 with 737 viewsThe_Last_Baron

QPR 1 Ipswich 1, Loftus Road, Dec 1998.

Matt Holland scored an equaliser deep into injury time but boy was it cold.

I remember getting home and turning on ceefax, to leant that we had signed Samassi Abou on loan.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024