Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting polling on the BBC 13:12 - Oct 29 with 3874 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50206341

Lots if interesting data there.

The last graphic shows just how deep the divide is.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Interesting polling on the BBC on 15:17 - Oct 29 with 1185 viewsHerbivore

Interesting polling on the BBC on 15:00 - Oct 29 by hampstead_blue

I never stated the EU meddled in the first and agree the bad actions from the Leave lot.
That didn't affect my vote but is still wrong.

When you look forward post-Brexit all you can do is forecast and think. There is no evidence beyond catastrophe planning (Yellow Hammer).

All we have is confidence, or not, in the future. I'm choosing to be confident based on past performance (I know the wealth warning!)

Yellowhammer wasn't 'catastrophe planning', it was originally a base case scenario which then got scribbled put and replaced with reasonable worst case. I tend to think the scribbling out and changing had nothing to do with any material facts changing and more to do with politicking.

We've already established that you have some quasi-religious belief in Brexit that is impervious to facts and reason, but I was curious about your suggestion that the EU would 'poison the water' during a second referendum. That suggests you think they'd meddle in it. We have evidence of the Leave campaign cheating and no evidence at all of the EU interfering illegally in the referendum. I'm curious as to why, aside from raw fanaticism, you'd be worried about the EU's conduct in a second referendum but not in the conduct of the Leave campaign?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting polling on the BBC on 15:20 - Oct 29 with 1180 viewsSaleAway

Interesting polling on the BBC on 14:28 - Oct 29 by hampstead_blue

Do you trust the EU so much that you want us to be consumed into their ever expanding belly?

I don't trust them in any way.

Out of interest - do you trust Boris more than you trust the EU?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Interesting polling on the BBC on 15:28 - Oct 29 with 1165 viewsSaleAway

Interesting polling on the BBC on 14:40 - Oct 29 by Guthrum

I don't understand people's objections to frequent General Elections. It smacks more of annoyance at being dragged away from pap on the telly to concentrate on difficult and complicated stuff than any technical or political reasons.

Given how hard people fought for democratic rights, you'd think people would prize them more and be happy to express their opinions on how the country they live in is run.

As already mentioned the problem is not a general election per se - its one that is so clearly clouded by one single issue.

I think people's annoyance is that the politicians are playing power games, rather than trying to do what is best for the country - it is possible to govern by coalition, but it needs compromise, statesmanship, and those sorts of things that seem to have been forgotten. It means the hard work of negotiating. The problem is, we don't have any politicians that can do this.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Interesting polling on the BBC on 16:38 - Oct 29 with 1154 viewsm14_blue

Do you trust the EU so much that you want us to be consumed into their ever expanding belly?

Could you give a couple of examples of them acting in an untrustworthy way?

Your suspicion must be based on more than just empty soundbites.
Interesting polling on the BBC on 00:06 - Oct 30 with 1116 viewsbournemouthblue

Interesting polling on the BBC on 13:20 - Oct 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

not really...what if it's the same result?

It's quite simple, you enact law which says this is a binding referendum, you make that law through your parliamentary majority as promised

You have the vote and act on that result. Which could be remain, deal or no deal. Personally I'd be prepared to have a two stage vote where all three options are on the table. Then the final two are put head to head and we go with that. It could end up being Deal versus No Deal for all we know. At least the public then have confirmed the direction of travel.

What the Hard Brexiteers who crave WTO terms are scared of is a vote which could still deliver Brexit but it won't be the completely mental Brexit they are strangely hungry for. I don't remember the bit where WTO Brexit was put forward as the deal at the last referendum funnily enough.

I'm a remainer but the idea of just going for revoke does seem truly undemocratic, let's at least have a final say on direction of travel, particularly when parliament is at an impasse.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Interesting polling on the BBC on 00:33 - Oct 30 with 1110 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Interesting polling on the BBC on 13:17 - Oct 29 by Herbivore

A referendum is very clearly a better means of shifting the Brexit impasse than yet another GE.

We've already tried that and got a clear result. As the politicians in parliament refuse to implement the result, its only right and proper that the public get the opportunity to replace them.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Interesting polling on the BBC on 06:18 - Oct 30 with 1081 viewsm14_blue

Interesting polling on the BBC on 00:33 - Oct 30 by The_Last_Baron

We've already tried that and got a clear result. As the politicians in parliament refuse to implement the result, its only right and proper that the public get the opportunity to replace them.

We’ve already tried that in 2017.
Interesting polling on the BBC on 07:31 - Oct 30 with 1047 viewsHerbivore

Top trolling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting polling on the BBC on 11:26 - Oct 30 with 1014 viewseireblue

Yep, Johnson pulled this own bill half way through, and after voting against Mays deal as well.

You’re right, he really shouldn’t be in office.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 11:27]
Interesting polling on the BBC on 18:41 - Oct 30 with 971 viewsAlexwaddell

Interesting polling on the BBC on 00:06 - Oct 30 by bournemouthblue

It's quite simple, you enact law which says this is a binding referendum, you make that law through your parliamentary majority as promised

You have the vote and act on that result. Which could be remain, deal or no deal. Personally I'd be prepared to have a two stage vote where all three options are on the table. Then the final two are put head to head and we go with that. It could end up being Deal versus No Deal for all we know. At least the public then have confirmed the direction of travel.

What the Hard Brexiteers who crave WTO terms are scared of is a vote which could still deliver Brexit but it won't be the completely mental Brexit they are strangely hungry for. I don't remember the bit where WTO Brexit was put forward as the deal at the last referendum funnily enough.

I'm a remainer but the idea of just going for revoke does seem truly undemocratic, let's at least have a final say on direction of travel, particularly when parliament is at an impasse.

Agreed....but if the current Tory party end up with a majority on 13th December...there may be a no deal Brexit at the end of the transition period. Which may account for the support the PM got from the ERG, in spite of the solidarity ERG have with the DUP. Interesting times.

Poll: What was today?

Interesting polling on the BBC on 10:19 - Oct 31 with 931 viewsNo9

Interesting polling on the BBC on 14:10 - Oct 29 by hampstead_blue

I've never trusted the EU and the past three years has proven that.
Sceptical that all they will do during any referendum campaigning is poison the waters

That is complete rubbish - have you been walking around with your eyes & ears shut?
Interesting polling on the BBC on 10:27 - Oct 31 with 927 viewscrunchie1978

The untrustworthy ones are the ones who actually trust the E.U.
Interesting polling on the BBC on 11:24 - Oct 31 with 910 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting polling on the BBC on 10:27 - Oct 31 by crunchie1978

The untrustworthy ones are the ones who actually trust the E.U.

Not the ones who lied throughout the Leave campaign and are still lying despite what real events have shown us?

Keep worshipping at the feet of Baby Nige.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024