Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has our away form ever been this good? 13:56 - Nov 6 with 4749 viewsIllinoisblue

7 wins from 9 is ridiculous.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 14:00 - Nov 6 with 4407 viewsOldsmoker

It's great isn't it?
Just to bring you down to earth, they've all been against teams below us in the table.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 14:02 - Nov 6 with 4381 viewsBlueBadger

Has our away form ever been this good? on 14:00 - Nov 6 by Oldsmoker

It's great isn't it?
Just to bring you down to earth, they've all been against teams below us in the table.

In all fairness, the only way for us to beat teams above has been to play them in cup games for most of this season so far.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 14:10 - Nov 6 with 4365 viewsOldsmoker

Has our away form ever been this good? on 14:02 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, the only way for us to beat teams above has been to play them in cup games for most of this season so far.

I click on the league table about 10 times a day.
When I meet my mates at the pub (mostly Bristol Rovers supporters) they greet me with "Just shut up about it alright. We don't wanna hear".
"Hear about what? Oh you mean......"
Always a conversation starter.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 15:44 - Nov 6 with 4191 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's great isn't it?

Hello Darren.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 15:51 - Nov 6 with 4152 viewsIpswichKnight

It's great isn't it?

Isn't that the point when your sitting at the top everyone is below you!
Has our away form ever been this good? on 16:32 - Nov 6 with 4084 viewspointofblue

It's great isn't it?

To give a fuller picture

2. Wycombe - haven't played
3. Peterborough - away draw
4. Oxford - haven't played (knew they were doing well but not 4th!)
5. Fleetwood - away win
6. Coventry - haven't played
7. Sunderland - home draw
8. Blackpool - haven't played
9. Bristol Rovers - haven't played
10. Rotherham - home defeat
11. Shrewsbury - home win
12. Doncaster - home draw
13. Portsmouth - haven't played
14. Burton - away win
15. Rochdale - away win
16. Gillingham - away win
17. Lincoln - haven't played
18. Tranmere - home win
19. Accrington - away defeat
20. Wimbledon - home win
21. MK Dons - away win
22. Southend - away win
23. Bolton - away win

Eight of our ten victories have been against sides in the bottom half of the table. We've played six games against the top half, winning two, drawing three and losing one.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 16:49 - Nov 6 with 4062 viewsIllinoisblue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 15:51 - Nov 6 by IpswichKnight

Isn't that the point when your sitting at the top everyone is below you!

he's going to whoosh you

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 20:15 - Nov 6 with 3939 views44_not_out

Has our away form ever been this good? on 16:32 - Nov 6 by pointofblue

To give a fuller picture

5. Fleetwood - away win
14. Burton - away win
15. Rochdale - away win
18. Tranmere - home win
20. Wimbledon - home win
21. MK Dons - away win
22. Southend - away win
23. Bolton - away win

Eight of our ten victories have been against sides in the bottom half of the table. We've played six games against the top half, winning two, drawing three and losing one.

Keep up the positivity
Login to get fewer ads

Has our away form ever been this good? on 21:10 - Nov 6 with 3867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To give a fuller picture

5. Fleetwood - away win
14. Burton - away win
15. Rochdale - away win
18. Tranmere - home win
20. Wimbledon - home win
21. MK Dons - away win
22. Southend - away win
23. Bolton - away win

Rubbish against mid table then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has our away form ever been this good? on 07:29 - Nov 7 with 3669 viewsBloomBlue

To give a fuller picture

5. Fleetwood - away win
14. Burton - away win
15. Rochdale - away win
18. Tranmere - home win
20. Wimbledon - home win
21. MK Dons - away win
22. Southend - away win
23. Bolton - away win

But all that proves is the teams towards the top are there purely because they haven't played us yet, when they do they will lose and drop down the league.

Burton perfect example they were top 6 before the game we beat them and they dropped into the bottom half of the table.
Has our away form ever been this good? on 07:52 - Nov 7 with 3626 viewsDarth_Koont

It is astonishing. We only won 7 away games total in 2014-15.

Not a big enough sample size to say we're definitely better away from home. But I think we probably prefer keeping it simple and exploiting gaps behind when a home side will push forward.

No reason why we can't make it Fortress PR but for that I think we'll need a bit more nous and accuracy in possession than we've seen so far.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:01 - Nov 7 with 3613 viewsBloomBlue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 07:52 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

Not a big enough sample size to say we're definitely better away from home. But I think we probably prefer keeping it simple and exploiting gaps behind when a home side will push forward.

No reason why we can't make it Fortress PR but for that I think we'll need a bit more nous and accuracy in possession than we've seen so far.

From the few away games I've been at I felt the opposition have given us more space than at home games. The other thing I've noticed is in away games the home sides look like they run out of steam after approx 60 mins but during our home games they never stop running for the whole 90 mins.

Plus (not sure of the stats) every team who has played well at PR at this season I'm sure has immediately lost their next game. It's as if they are really up for the PR home game and then knacked for the next game.
Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:04 - Nov 7 with 3603 viewschicoazul

Didnt we have a really good away run under Jim for a while? Even then I dont think it was this good.
Big up to our away fans who I know for a fact the team really appreciate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:07 - Nov 7 with 3597 viewsRadlett_blue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 07:52 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

Not at all. This is a poor league, with only a few clubs with playing budgets anywhere near ours.
It can also sometimes be easier to play away to the poorer teams as they feel the need to try to attack when playing at home.
Our relatively huge away following must also be a help given that they often make up a large, vocal % of the crowd.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:11 - Nov 7 with 3584 viewsSteve_M

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:04 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Didnt we have a really good away run under Jim for a while? Even then I dont think it was this good.
Big up to our away fans who I know for a fact the team really appreciate.

Yes, 08-09 we were much better away as he made his team more resilient and scrappy at the expense of the free-flowing football of the previous season. That and stockpiling midfielders.

We had a pretty good run away from home in the first half of 15-16 too, the home form suffered though and patience disappeared rapidly.

In some of the better years under Burley 98-99 and 99-00 we were pretty good everywhere too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:27 - Nov 7 with 3566 viewsBarneycurley

I wonder what we as a board reflected on when George had us flying in the championship.

"It's ok being top but it's only the championship"

"Beating Newcastle is ok but it's hardly the Div 1 standard"

etc etc etc

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:30 - Nov 7 with 3563 viewsSteve_M

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:27 - Nov 7 by Barneycurley

I wonder what we as a board reflected on when George had us flying in the championship.

etc etc etc

There was an element of criticism from a number of fans, especially after the play-off failures:

"We're going to bottle it again", "Can't deal with teams who come for a scrap", "Scowcroft is rubbish"

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:35 - Nov 7 with 3545 viewschicoazul

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:27 - Nov 7 by Barneycurley

etc etc etc

We talked about politics, cheese, music, films, why Holland was better than Kinsella, Kieron Dyer, Scowcroft, Sheepshanks the great man, and play off failure. It was pretty much the same then as it is now apart from I am so old and sad and have spent far too much of my life on this stupid website oh god please kill me now

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:55 - Nov 7 with 3518 viewsBarneycurley

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:35 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

We talked about politics, cheese, music, films, why Holland was better than Kinsella, Kieron Dyer, Scowcroft, Sheepshanks the great man, and play off failure. It was pretty much the same then as it is now apart from I am so old and sad and have spent far too much of my life on this stupid website oh god please kill me now

I was around too!

But I think as we've witnessed our demise from the heady days we seemed to have forgotten how to enjoy winning again. Yes it's a league or 2 below where we were but as I've always said to non Ipswich supporting friends - "i go to support and enjoy watching Ipswich win, I don't really care (that much) about who we play"

I honestly feel the ecstasy of that last minute winner against Wimbledon say was pure and unbridled - would it have felt different against say Man City? - well maybe, but in that micro second of it made no difference (to me)

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:02 - Nov 7 with 3502 viewsHullblue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 08:30 - Nov 7 by Steve_M

There was an element of criticism from a number of fans, especially after the play-off failures:

"We're going to bottle it again", "Can't deal with teams who come for a scrap", "Scowcroft is rubbish"

I was a kid at the time and Scowcroft was my favourite player. I didn’t realise lots of people didn’t rate him until I grew up - still blows my mind a bit to be honest.

We certainly missed him when he was gone.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:03 - Nov 7 with 3499 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Has our away form ever been this good? on 07:29 - Nov 7 by BloomBlue

But all that proves is the teams towards the top are there purely because they haven't played us yet, when they do they will lose and drop down the league.

Burton perfect example they were top 6 before the game we beat them and they dropped into the bottom half of the table.

Upped for the Burton comment, even if I do think the poster has half a point

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 3490 viewsDyland

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:03 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think the poster has a very good point. I didn't read it as a negative comment either, just a fact.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:15 - Nov 7 with 3466 viewsSteve_M

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:02 - Nov 7 by Hullblue

I was a kid at the time and Scowcroft was my favourite player. I didn’t realise lots of people didn’t rate him until I grew up - still blows my mind a bit to be honest.

We certainly missed him when he was gone.

Yeah, it was a big(ish) thing in about 1997 and 98 both on here and at matches. This, despite the fact Scowy was clearly a talented young kid, we had sold Marshall and Mathie missed most of the 96-97 season injured. A sizeable minority of fans decided Scowcroft was crap, it got worse when Mathie returned from injury and whatever Scowy did wasn't good enough for some, they were convinced Mathie should play up front with David Johnson.

By 99-00 it became pretty obvious even to the harder of thinkign that Scowy was actually a very good player and it all went away.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 10:48]

Has our away form ever been this good? on 20:46 - Nov 7 with 3307 viewsBloomBlue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 09:03 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I get posters point but some of the negativity given where we in the league is crazy.
Has our away form ever been this good? on 21:00 - Nov 7 with 3294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has our away form ever been this good? on 21:10 - Nov 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rubbish against mid table then.

Booo. Clegg out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024