Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh... 11:55 - Nov 26 with 2447 viewsnoggin

MCB
@MuslimCouncil
Islamophobia in the
@Conservatives
is systemic, institutional and rife. We have had nothing but dithering and delays on an inquiry by the party. The EHRC must investigate this as a matter of urgency.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Oh... on 11:56 - Nov 26 with 2429 viewsHerbivore

This is probably as much media attention as this will receive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh... on 12:04 - Nov 26 with 2385 viewsHerbivore

Indeed they've released a full and pretty damning statemt about the Tories. Be interesting to see if it gets much traction.

Oh... on 12:06 - Nov 26 with 2379 viewsitfcjoe

Sad that it has to be politicised, but it feels overdue

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh... on 12:10 - Nov 26 with 2360 viewsnoggin

For the record, I don’t believe this any more than I believe Labour are institutionally anti semitic.

Oh... on 12:13 - Nov 26 with 2349 viewsHerbivore

Thus far this has got a mention in the live coverage rolling news on the BBC website but hasn't been deemed worthy of its own story. Chief Rabbi is still the lead headline.

Oh... on 12:22 - Nov 26 with 2308 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh... on 12:10 - Nov 26 by noggin

For the record, I don’t believe this any more than I believe Labour are institutionally anti semitic.

Hmmm. 54% of Tory members admit to anti-Muslim prejudice ... I think the reason it's not been followed up by the media is because islamophobia is obvious and normalised, from the PM and government to the members and the electorate they're courting.

There is nothing anything like it on the Labour side. Not that this means they shouldn't categorically reject antisemitism whenever and wherever it's found.

Pronouns: He/Him

Oh... on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 2294 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh... on 12:06 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Sad that it has to be politicised, but it feels overdue

Agreed. Feels like whataboutery to point it out but no-one's got to grips with it when it's been in broad daylight all the time.

Oh... on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 2200 viewsHARRY10

Oh... on 12:24 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Feels like whataboutery to point it out but no-one's got to grips with it when it's been in broad daylight all the time.

Opposing what is happening in Ireal with regard to the Palestinians is no more anti-semitic than opposing what is happening in China to the Uighurs is anti Chinese.

The anti muslim sentiment with the Tory party, and it's rank and file supporters, is one of dislike of muslims who live in the UK, and that they live in the UK.

To try and equate one with the other is misleading.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh... on 14:35 - Nov 26 with 2143 viewsnoggin

I'm guessing Hampstead Blue and the others have been busy this afternoon and so unable to give their views.

Oh... on 14:43 - Nov 26 with 2125 viewsjeera

Oh... on 14:35 - Nov 26 by noggin

I'm guessing Hampstead Blue and the others have been busy this afternoon and so unable to give their views.

I must have been living under a rock recently. Hadn't seen this stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/nov/26/i-set-trends-dem-man-copy-michael-

Includes a nice little racist comment reminder by our cuddly, loveable PM too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh... on 16:25 - Nov 26 with 2057 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right TWTD’ers. How do we handle this latest statement?

Do we listen, applaud and support the MCB for being concerned about their community and back them unreservedly as they know best on this?

Or do we suggest "they're lying, smearing and working on behalf of another Muslim country for cash?"

Asking for a friend.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh... on 16:27 - Nov 26 with 2049 viewsjaykay

Oh... on 16:25 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Do we listen, applaud and support the MCB for being concerned about their community and back them unreservedly as they know best on this?

Or do we suggest "they're lying, smearing and working on behalf of another Muslim country for cash?"

Asking for a friend.

so nothing to add then

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Oh... on 16:39 - Nov 26 with 2019 viewsjimmyvet

Asking for a friend.

Why ask you know the answer! If there is a case to answer then absolutely there should be a full investigation but how sad the only defence of the antisemitic sympathisers is to try calling out another party whilst denying time and time again the massive problem within Labour. Tragic.
Oh... on 16:51 - Nov 26 with 1988 viewsitfcjoe

Oh... on 16:39 - Nov 26 by jimmyvet

Why ask you know the answer! If there is a case to answer then absolutely there should be a full investigation but how sad the only defence of the antisemitic sympathisers is to try calling out another party whilst denying time and time again the massive problem within Labour. Tragic.

There obviously should be an investigation, all the prospective party leaders agreed to it in the debates - but where is it? Shelved because they don’t actually care

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh... on 17:39 - Nov 26 with 1947 viewseireblue

Asking for a friend.

I think there are a few more options available.

For instance, I would be quite happy to have laws similar to Germany with respect to holocaust denial, stronger laws on any publishing of hateful, racist or threatening language, of course with more police to support such efforts, a funded independent body to manage rules of conduct for people that are in or seek public office etc..

Maybe your friend could brainstorm about the issues on TWTD, I am sure Phil will let him in if you ask.

For instance when Corbyn goes, people that are anti-semitic now, will still be anti-semitic, and will still be able to tweet nasty sh1te.

Seems to me, that sort of think should be handled by the law, not left to self managing organisations.

I know some people prefer de-regulation and codes of conduct, for certain aspects of society, but sometimes having laws with sufficient resources for enforcement is better.

So that is sort of how I would handle it longer term.

Does that help?
Oh... on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 1917 viewsBlueAsTory

Strange timing for this? It makes me think someone is trying to divert us from disaster Corbyn
Oh... on 18:10 - Nov 26 with 1901 viewsDarth_Koont

Asking for a friend.

Maybe your judgement and moral authority on this subject isn’t all that? After all, the evident islamophobia in your own party was never enough for you to leave it.

Just saying ...

Oh... on 18:10 - Nov 26 with 1901 viewsjeera

Oh... on 18:01 - Nov 26 by BlueAsTory

Strange timing for this? It makes me think someone is trying to divert us from disaster Corbyn

Is it inconvenient right now then?

Oh... on 18:17 - Nov 26 with 1869 viewsjaykay

hello hello who have we here then. strange you have not posted once about ipswich town f.c. remind phil to seal up that gap under the back door.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Oh... on 18:20 - Nov 26 with 1859 viewsnoggin

lol

Oh... on 18:20 - Nov 26 with 1857 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh... on 18:10 - Nov 26 by jeera

Is it inconvenient right now then?

It is really, as everyone knows Tuesday is kick a tramp day. Malign a Muslim is on Mondays, F*ck of Home Foreigner on Fridays and nobble the NHS on the weekends

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh... on 18:37 - Nov 26 with 1819 viewsjeera

Oh... on 18:20 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

It is really, as everyone knows Tuesday is kick a tramp day. Malign a Muslim is on Mondays, F*ck of Home Foreigner on Fridays and nobble the NHS on the weekends

What is becoming more clear by the day, is there is a desperate hijacking of an ethnicity.

All to gain some cheap political points.

You can see why some may consider it 'weaponising'.

It certainly is cheapening.

Oh... on 18:56 - Nov 26 with 1782 viewsm14_blue

There’s your answer then GB
Oh... on 18:59 - Nov 26 with 1775 viewsfooters

Asking for a friend.

You have a friend?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024