Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers and Skuse 18:16 - Dec 29 with 4307 viewsr2d2

They run the show. They have been there too long. They have too much clout. The younger ones know nothing but their way for years now. Time to clear them right out. Think they could be one of the problems there now for any manager.
Chambers and Skuse on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 685 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 21:59 - Dec 29 by bazgammon

I meant since MM's departure, read my original post mate.

I did. It says this... "They are the common denominator in our decline under MM, PH and PH."
If we are talking about declne "since MM" then we can probably throw Jackson, Edwards, Nolan and Nsiala under the bus as common denominators. After all, we have only ever been rubbish when they are here. Whilst we have actually been good at times with Chambers and Skuse.
Chambers and Skuse on 23:00 - Dec 29 with 642 viewsbazgammon

Chambers and Skuse on 22:11 - Dec 29 by olimar

I did. It says this... "They are the common denominator in our decline under MM, PH and PH."
If we are talking about declne "since MM" then we can probably throw Jackson, Edwards, Nolan and Nsiala under the bus as common denominators. After all, we have only ever been rubbish when they are here. Whilst we have actually been good at times with Chambers and Skuse.

yeah but Skuse and Chambers have had a free pass in the team with all three managers

Poll: Lambert

Chambers and Skuse on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 639 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 23:00 - Dec 29 by bazgammon

yeah but Skuse and Chambers have had a free pass in the team with all three managers

Why would they give them a free pass? They dont know them?
If anything, each new manager owes them nothing and can easily drop them. But each one wants to play them every week....
Chambers and Skuse on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 627 viewsGarv

Chambers and Skuse on 23:05 - Dec 29 by olimar

Why would they give them a free pass? They dont know them?
If anything, each new manager owes them nothing and can easily drop them. But each one wants to play them every week....

For me it points towards a lack of leaders all over the pitch, so Chambo is an automatic starter because he’s actually got a voice.

Then again, I don’t see Skuse as a big leader.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers and Skuse on 00:01 - Dec 30 with 611 viewsGarv

Chambers and Skuse on 21:46 - Dec 29 by bazgammon

We had one. Johnathan Parr, MM let him go because he preferred Captain Fist pump at RB.

He was an odd footballer. Never looked comfortable on either foot but at the same time could defend to a half decent level. Never saw him as a long term option. His accidental goal at Forest will live long in the memory, though.

Chambers and Skuse on 01:31 - Dec 30 with 584 viewsGarv

Chambers and Skuse on 18:45 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

I'm not a huge fan of Skuse, but it may not be a coincidence that he didn't play today and we conceded 5 goals.

Might not be a coincidence that he didn’t play and we scored three?

Chambers and Skuse on 07:16 - Dec 30 with 539 viewsblueconscience

Chambers and Skuse on 21:35 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Weird how these managers keep picking them and renewing their contracts after so many windows to get rid.

If players like Chambers and Skuse can't be bought onside or ushered out as necessary then these "managers" aren't up to the job are they?

When you don’t get a budget to replace them, you have no choice but to renew them.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Chambers and Skuse on 08:26 - Dec 30 with 515 viewshampstead_blue

We certainly need change.

The problem with having two older players having sway is their own agenda. Chambers clearly fancies himself as a manager and will be for sure lining himself up with a role when he's finished.
I'm not sure about him.

As for Skuse, I have no knowledge. As a player I like him, always have.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers and Skuse on 08:33 - Dec 30 with 506 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chambers and Skuse on 01:31 - Dec 30 by Garv

Fantastic, can’t wait for more 3-5 wins then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chambers and Skuse on 08:36 - Dec 30 with 496 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 01:31 - Dec 30 by Garv

Reminiscent of the Jewell era yesterday, you must have loved it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers and Skuse on 08:46 - Dec 30 with 478 viewsHerbivore

It is quite amusing that those who were most vehemently anti-MM towards the end are the ones who are still doing their utmost to defend Lambert. This is coming out in pure desperation to blame any remnant of the MM era - mainly Skuse and Chambers - for our current failings rather than blaming our inept manager and the numerous ineffectual signings like Judge, Donacien and Edwards that have been made since MM left.

Give it up, lads. It's fine to think it was right for Mick to go without needing to defend the absolute shower that has come since. You can even acknowledge that actually we were a lot better under MM, you won't spontaneously combust if you do so.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:11 - Dec 30 with 455 viewsKeaneish

Chambers and Skuse on 08:46 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

It is quite amusing that those who were most vehemently anti-MM towards the end are the ones who are still doing their utmost to defend Lambert. This is coming out in pure desperation to blame any remnant of the MM era - mainly Skuse and Chambers - for our current failings rather than blaming our inept manager and the numerous ineffectual signings like Judge, Donacien and Edwards that have been made since MM left.

Give it up, lads. It's fine to think it was right for Mick to go without needing to defend the absolute shower that has come since. You can even acknowledge that actually we were a lot better under MM, you won't spontaneously combust if you do so.

After yesterday’s horror show, we need Skuse and Chambers now more than this club ever has.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Chambers and Skuse on 09:21 - Dec 30 with 440 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In League games where both Chambers and Skuse have started, our record is as follows:

P16, W8, D5, L3. 24 goals for and 12 against

With only one or none:
P6, W2, D2, L2. 8 goals for and 9 against

That’s works out as 1.81ppg with both vs 1.33 without. Average of 1.5gpg with and 1.33 without. And 0.75 conceded per game with vs 1.5 without

Or in other words, we gain more points, score more goals and concede half as many when they both play compared to when they don’t

I don’t think they’re the problem somehow

Chambers and Skuse on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 429 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 09:21 - Dec 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In League games where both Chambers and Skuse have started, our record is as follows:

With only one or none:

That’s works out as 1.81ppg with both vs 1.33 without. Average of 1.5gpg with and 1.33 without. And 0.75 conceded per game with vs 1.5 without

Or in other words, we gain more points, score more goals and concede half as many when they both play compared to when they don’t

Yeah but you're forgetting that us being rubbish without them is also their fault, silly.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:26 - Dec 30 with 423 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chambers and Skuse on 09:24 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Yeah but you're forgetting that us being rubbish without them is also their fault, silly.

I do like the timing of this thread just after we concede 5 at Lincoln in a game Skuse didn’t play...

Chambers and Skuse on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 415 viewsKeaneish

With only one or none:

Agreed. They must have played 1000 games between them which is invaluable at this level and at this point in time. Skuse has been ailing, no doubt about that. Last five games or so he’s given the ball away more than he ever has and committing fouls which he normally wins.

If he comes back in to a 442 it’ll be with Downes on Wednesday but the bigger question is, who plays wide? No-one has performed well their this season other than Garbutt and with Skuse and Downes in their, we need more from our wider players.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 415 viewsPJH

Chambers and Skuse on 09:26 - Dec 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I do like the timing of this thread just after we concede 5 at Lincoln in a game Skuse didn’t play...

So it is his fault for being injured.
Chambers and Skuse on 09:30 - Dec 30 with 410 viewsreusersfreekicks

Chambers and Skuse on 18:58 - Dec 29 by Wacko

Short-termist comment

Nonsense comment
Chambers and Skuse on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 399 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 09:26 - Dec 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But we scored three!!! Or something. I think the logic is that if Chambers wasn't playing we wouldn't have conceded 5 and would have won 3-0 playing sexy football this being despite most of the goals coming through Woolfenden and then Wilson's CB channel.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 394 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 09:28 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

Agreed. They must have played 1000 games between them which is invaluable at this level and at this point in time. Skuse has been ailing, no doubt about that. Last five games or so he’s given the ball away more than he ever has and committing fouls which he normally wins.

If he comes back in to a 442 it’ll be with Downes on Wednesday but the bigger question is, who plays wide? No-one has performed well their this season other than Garbutt and with Skuse and Downes in their, we need more from our wider players.

Think we need to go 4-3-3. We don't boss the midfield enough with just two in there and our wide midfielders are poor. 4-3-3 with Jackson as a wide forward, Keane centrally (he's in better form than Norwood) and then one of Sears/Dobra/El Miz as the other wide forward. That way we can keep Dozzell in midfield to get on the ball without losing the physical battle.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 373 viewsKeaneish

Chambers and Skuse on 09:37 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Think we need to go 4-3-3. We don't boss the midfield enough with just two in there and our wide midfielders are poor. 4-3-3 with Jackson as a wide forward, Keane centrally (he's in better form than Norwood) and then one of Sears/Dobra/El Miz as the other wide forward. That way we can keep Dozzell in midfield to get on the ball without losing the physical battle.

Agree although I still think Norwood has something more to offer than Keane. Dozzell has to play in a three, no doubt about it. Sears and Jackson up top in wider attacking roles works for me. I’d still want to see Judge in behind a Norwood or Keane though which would potentially be in place of Dozzell.

Either way, they are all great options to be faced with which is the farcical situation we’re in - a far superior squad with plenty of great options that just lacks cohesion.

Although Sears’ passing was a little off yesterday, it was great to see his quality on the pitch again. Others need to learn from him. One touch, out of the feet and release.

Chambers and Skuse on 09:56 - Dec 30 with 367 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 09:52 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

Agree although I still think Norwood has something more to offer than Keane. Dozzell has to play in a three, no doubt about it. Sears and Jackson up top in wider attacking roles works for me. I’d still want to see Judge in behind a Norwood or Keane though which would potentially be in place of Dozzell.

Either way, they are all great options to be faced with which is the farcical situation we’re in - a far superior squad with plenty of great options that just lacks cohesion.

Although Sears’ passing was a little off yesterday, it was great to see his quality on the pitch again. Others need to learn from him. One touch, out of the feet and release.

I've not seen anything from Norwood in a couple of months. His touch is poor and his finishing is poor, he's not putting himself about as much either. I prefer Keane currently I think, especially as in a 4-3-3 he can drop off and play in Jackson or Sears when they go narrow. I'm not sure Norwood has that in his game. You know my thoughts on Judge, he's been so poor for me that I'd rather just get him off the wage bill. I'd much rather see Dozzell or even Huws playing in that midfield three.

Chambers and Skuse on 10:20 - Dec 30 with 347 viewsr2d2

Chambers and Skuse on 08:46 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

I never wanted Mick to leave. And l started this post. So your comments dont stack up there.
Chambers and Skuse on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 344 viewsNo9

With only one or none:

Your view is then that 2 people make the team?
Chambers and Skuse on 10:22 - Dec 30 with 341 viewsRadlett_blue

Chambers and Skuse on 09:56 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

I've not seen anything from Norwood in a couple of months. His touch is poor and his finishing is poor, he's not putting himself about as much either. I prefer Keane currently I think, especially as in a 4-3-3 he can drop off and play in Jackson or Sears when they go narrow. I'm not sure Norwood has that in his game. You know my thoughts on Judge, he's been so poor for me that I'd rather just get him off the wage bill. I'd much rather see Dozzell or even Huws playing in that midfield three.

Huws seems to have become the new invisible man, despite apparently not being injured. However, he's played very few league games & when he has, looked a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago.
Far too many options in central midfield - Skuse, Downes, Dozzell, Huws, Nolan, Judge (NOT A wide player), plus Bishop maybe to return. McGavin also seems to have disappeared after showing some promise.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024