Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump doing his bit for world peace again 09:50 - Jan 3 with 5454 viewsSwansea_Blue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/baghdad-airport-iraq-attack-deaths

Seems like things are on a bit of knife edge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 20:08 - Jan 3 with 1331 viewsSteve_M

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 17:15 - Jan 3 by Bluesquid

In Syria?

Well let's not forget that Syria is under an oil embargo and the Syrian people are experiencing massive oil shortages and cannot access their own oil in their own country.
US and British troops illegally on Syrian soil among others are "protecting" Syrian oil and thus blocking the Syrian peoples rightful access to their own oil.

This action is actually a war crime under the Geneva convention.

And what about Assad's barrel bombs and the Russian double strikes on hospitals are they war crimes or are you going to only criticise the West?

And to refer to an earlier post Gallagher is a piece of sh1t and a war criminal I agree.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 20:42 - Jan 3 with 1304 viewsBluesquid

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 20:08 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

And what about Assad's barrel bombs and the Russian double strikes on hospitals are they war crimes or are you going to only criticise the West?

And to refer to an earlier post Gallagher is a piece of sh1t and a war criminal I agree.

Are barrel bombs really that different from conventional bombs?

Russian double tap strikes on hospitals? Is this according to the nutjob jihadi extremi.....wait, i mean the Western backed "moderate rebels"?

In any case if civilians have been targeted then both of the above are war crimes.

But wait...how did all of this come about Steve?

You know but you just can't bring yourself to admit it can you?

"This happened because of us, these 600,000 dead aren't incidental, we started a war to overthrow a regime...the CIA operation, a major war effort shrouded in secrecy, never debated by congress, never explained to the American people, signed by President Obama...To this day back rebels that are trying to overthrow a government contrary to international law, contrary to the UN charter."

And now Syria is under an oil embargo and illegal occupation by US forces and the Syrian people are experiencing massive oil shortages and cannot access their own oil in their own country, the US is - "Keeping the oil".

"We're keeping the oil – remember that," Trump declared on Monday at a gathering of police chiefs in Chicago. "We want to keep the oil. Forty-five million dollars a month? Keep the oil. We've secured the oil."

"It can help us, because we should be able to take some also," Trump said of Syria's oil while taking reporters' questions at the White House. "And what I intend to do, perhaps, is make a deal with an Exxon Mobil or one of our great companies to go in there and do it properly."
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 20:57]
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 21:33 - Jan 3 with 1276 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:40 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

Carried out against the advice of his most senior officials at the Pentagon too.

Plus of course, there is a tweet for everything

[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 12:45]

Trump has became my favourite ever US president. It used to be Reagan but the Donald just keeps on winning.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 23:34 - Jan 3 with 1232 viewslinhdi

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:03 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

This is interesting, from August 2018 on the risks of this killing:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-the-iranian-general-taunting-trump-on-a-us-hit-

Wow. Thx for posting. Complicated, this stuff, isn't it?
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 23:38 - Jan 3 with 1222 viewsHerbivore

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 21:33 - Jan 3 by The_Last_Baron

Trump has became my favourite ever US president. It used to be Reagan but the Donald just keeps on winning.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:14 - Jan 4 with 1192 viewsbazgammon

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 21:33 - Jan 3 by The_Last_Baron

Trump is greatest POTUS since Reagan, hell maybe since Lincoln. The left hate Trump more than Islamic Terrorists, you'd think he'd had some sweet old lady killed by some of the whiney leftists on here! They slam him for being isolationist, they then slam him for kicking the ass of the Mad Mardis in the Middle East, Iran is a terrorist state where they hang people from cranes for being gay, and stone women for adultery, not much more medieval than that. The Trumpster carry on peeing off lefties and making America great, best ever economy because he's not a career politician, he's business man who gets things done like cuprinol does exactly what it says on the tin. MAGA, and Boris is gonna do the same here!

Poll: Lambert

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:16 - Jan 4 with 1182 viewsHerbivore

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:14 - Jan 4 by bazgammon

Trump is greatest POTUS since Reagan, hell maybe since Lincoln. The left hate Trump more than Islamic Terrorists, you'd think he'd had some sweet old lady killed by some of the whiney leftists on here! They slam him for being isolationist, they then slam him for kicking the ass of the Mad Mardis in the Middle East, Iran is a terrorist state where they hang people from cranes for being gay, and stone women for adultery, not much more medieval than that. The Trumpster carry on peeing off lefties and making America great, best ever economy because he's not a career politician, he's business man who gets things done like cuprinol does exactly what it says on the tin. MAGA, and Boris is gonna do the same here!

Obvious troll is obvious.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:16 - Jan 4 with 1186 viewssparks

Trump is an arrogant, narcissisitic, sociopath, science denying, ignorant, bigotted imbecile.

And he could very easily destroy such prospects as exist for a future for our children.

Noone has ever accused me of being "the left".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:21 - Jan 4 with 1176 viewsjeera

Stupid little boy.

This crap needs to stop.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:22 - Jan 4 with 1175 viewsjeera

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 00:16 - Jan 4 by sparks

Trump is an arrogant, narcissisitic, sociopath, science denying, ignorant, bigotted imbecile.

And he could very easily destroy such prospects as exist for a future for our children.

Noone has ever accused me of being "the left".

The poster there is too thick to reason.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 0:22]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh dear on 09:25 - Jan 4 with 1108 viewsunstableblue

Do you actually believe all that? That he is the greatest POTUS ever?

I’d suggest a more reasoned and fact based view would be that he is one of the worst. The social divide and long term damage he is causing in US Society cannot be underestimated. They have a massive problem with infrastructure and the gap between rich and poor; that his tax regimes have made worse not better.

You’re confusing economic buoyancy with a positive global financial scene. Even the UK economy seems strong at present despite poor fimundamentals.

You’re confusing ‘lefties’ with people who are centrist and who have a modicum of decency.

Trump has done so much wrong it makes your view unbelievable. But I’ll give you two points:

1. He abandoned the Kurds, because he had a ‘strategy’ of limiting Middle East military intervention (yeah right!). The Kurds had been out key ally in defeating IS, something for which Trump took credit. 10s of US troops dies in that conflict but 10s of 1000s of Kurds perished. They are now being pushed into terrible plight by the Turks and Russians. Indeed Trump seems to have emboldened the Russians globally as well as the Saudis, despite being on a spree of civilian killings on foreign soil including the UK.

2. He pardoned a war criminal to get a sound bit for his base on Fox News. An ex Navy Seal whose 12 colleagues had testified of heinous behaviour, was personally exonerated despite going against his own military leadership.

There are 10s of other tangible reasons why he is a bad bad person and POTUS. He’s only there for himself. And yet you praise him. Which I find just sad and worrying.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Oh dear on 09:27 - Jan 4 with 1104 viewsStokieBlue

Oh dear on 09:25 - Jan 4 by unstableblue

Do you actually believe all that? That he is the greatest POTUS ever?

I’d suggest a more reasoned and fact based view would be that he is one of the worst. The social divide and long term damage he is causing in US Society cannot be underestimated. They have a massive problem with infrastructure and the gap between rich and poor; that his tax regimes have made worse not better.

You’re confusing economic buoyancy with a positive global financial scene. Even the UK economy seems strong at present despite poor fimundamentals.

You’re confusing ‘lefties’ with people who are centrist and who have a modicum of decency.

Trump has done so much wrong it makes your view unbelievable. But I’ll give you two points:

1. He abandoned the Kurds, because he had a ‘strategy’ of limiting Middle East military intervention (yeah right!). The Kurds had been out key ally in defeating IS, something for which Trump took credit. 10s of US troops dies in that conflict but 10s of 1000s of Kurds perished. They are now being pushed into terrible plight by the Turks and Russians. Indeed Trump seems to have emboldened the Russians globally as well as the Saudis, despite being on a spree of civilian killings on foreign soil including the UK.

2. He pardoned a war criminal to get a sound bit for his base on Fox News. An ex Navy Seal whose 12 colleagues had testified of heinous behaviour, was personally exonerated despite going against his own military leadership.

There are 10s of other tangible reasons why he is a bad bad person and POTUS. He’s only there for himself. And yet you praise him. Which I find just sad and worrying.

You've just given him exactly what he wants. He won't read that, he has successfully made you waste your time on him though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Oh dear on 09:31 - Jan 4 with 1091 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear on 09:27 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

You've just given him exactly what he wants. He won't read that, he has successfully made you waste your time on him though.

SB

This. So many trolls on here lately whose only purpose is to 'wind up the libs'. What a world we live in, even the quality of troll has tailed off massively post-Trump and post-Brexit.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 09:32 - Jan 4 with 1093 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeah but my Dad is bigger than your Dad.....end of!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Oh dear on 09:33 - Jan 4 with 1087 viewsStokieBlue

Oh dear on 09:31 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

This. So many trolls on here lately whose only purpose is to 'wind up the libs'. What a world we live in, even the quality of troll has tailed off massively post-Trump and post-Brexit.

Exactly.

It's perfectly possible to have a good and polite debate whilst having alternative and even opposing viewpoints.

Unfortunately it very rarely happens anymore. Evidence is no longer required to support opinions and shouting tends to be the method of the day.

SB

Oh dear on 09:37 - Jan 4 with 1081 viewsDanTheMan

Oh dear on 09:33 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Exactly.

It's perfectly possible to have a good and polite debate whilst having alternative and even opposing viewpoints.

Unfortunately it very rarely happens anymore. Evidence is no longer required to support opinions and shouting tends to be the method of the day.

SB

Just chime in to agree.

It's not about talking anymore, it's about winning, even when making yourself look incredibly foolish.

An attitude that is increasingly being stoked by the media, learning greatly from their American colleagues.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oh dear on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 1061 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear on 09:37 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

Just chime in to agree.

It's not about talking anymore, it's about winning, even when making yourself look incredibly foolish.

An attitude that is increasingly being stoked by the media, learning greatly from their American colleagues.

I'm still waiting to find out what they think they've won.

Oh dear on 09:51 - Jan 4 with 1048 viewsDanTheMan

Oh dear on 09:42 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

I'm still waiting to find out what they think they've won.

There was that one group in America who thought they were "owning the libs" by dressing up in adult diapers to protest safe spaces.

In all seriousness they "won" by having the people they want in charge, then it all just becomes a defence of whatever their side does.

It's become more like supporting a sports team than anything else. All just my opinion of course.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oh dear on 09:52 - Jan 4 with 1044 viewsartsbossbeard

Oh dear on 09:37 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

Just chime in to agree.

Agreed.

I do find it quite inciteful not to ditch a couple of mates on FB as I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm the polar opposite of their views and this keeps me in check, if that makes sense?

It's amazing the depth and width of the hatred from the "winners" though.

Corbs is a no brainer, however, young Greta gets singled out for treatment plus:

Anyone who has said something nice about the EU
Immigrants fleeing oppression with the audacity to own a mobile phone
And also Lily Allen recently.

Go Team Murdoch!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oh dear on 10:14 - Jan 4 with 1009 viewsStokieBlue

Oh dear on 09:51 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

There was that one group in America who thought they were "owning the libs" by dressing up in adult diapers to protest safe spaces.

In all seriousness they "won" by having the people they want in charge, then it all just becomes a defence of whatever their side does.

It's become more like supporting a sports team than anything else. All just my opinion of course.

That example is a good one to highlight my original point. There probably should be a reasoned and polite debate on safe spaces and how they might effect people long term if they aren't exposed to things but dressing up like babies isn't intelligent debate, it's anti-debate.

SB

Oh dear on 10:53 - Jan 4 with 988 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear on 09:51 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

I think that's pretty spot on to be honest. And it's supported by the fact that whenever you ask someone what the tangible benefits for them/the country are of Trump/Brexit/Boris they will either tell you that you lost and to get over it or parrot a meaningless catchphrase (e.g. MAGA, getting our country back) or go "yeah but the other guy". There's nothing positive behind it, no reasoned position, it's just pure fanboyism.

Oh dear on 10:57 - Jan 4 with 978 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear on 10:14 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

That example is a good one to highlight my original point. There probably should be a reasoned and polite debate on safe spaces and how they might effect people long term if they aren't exposed to things but dressing up like babies isn't intelligent debate, it's anti-debate.

SB

And, ironically, these are the sort of people who get red faced and lose their sh!t when Greggs start doing a vegan sausage roll. There's nowt more thin-skinned than these PC gone mad types.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:13 - Jan 4 with 956 viewsslump

Der brain...

UTT

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:12 - Jan 4 with 919 viewsjaykay

i thought we we were told banned posters couldn't get back once they were booted.
you seemed to have crawled back in , your belly must be lower than a snakes

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:27 - Jan 11 with 798 viewsBluesquid

My god, according to this article he needed support for the upcoming trial -

"Donald Trump ordered the airstrike that killed an Iranian general last week at least in part due to fears about his upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, according to a new report."

"An article in the Wall Street Journal indicates that Mr Trump has told associates that he ordered the killing of Quds Force leader Qassem Soleimani amid pressure from Republicans who wanted him to take a stronger stance towards Iran."

"The line appears to confirm earlier reporting by the New York Times, which claimed the president had told at least one person over the phone that he had felt “pressured to take a harder line on Iran by some Republican senators whose support he needs now more than ever amid an impeachment battle.”"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-soleimani-ir
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024