Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump doing his bit for world peace again 09:50 - Jan 3 with 5455 viewsSwansea_Blue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/baghdad-airport-iraq-attack-deaths

Seems like things are on a bit of knife edge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:14 - Jan 3 with 1237 viewsBlueBadger

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:12 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

Typical. There's a major international crisis and a Test Match while I'm trying to get my tax return done.

Guffers, right now.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 12:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 1220 viewsGuthrum

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:14 - Jan 3 by BlueBadger

Guffers, right now.

Unfortunately, that doesn't play. What is it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 1214 viewsDyland

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:12 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

Typical. There's a major international crisis and a Test Match while I'm trying to get my tax return done.

Tempted to post a load of old school space rock just to distract you some more ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:27 - Jan 3 with 1215 viewsBlueBadger

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:23 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

Unfortunately, that doesn't play. What is it?

Bernard Black doing his taxes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:35 - Jan 3 with 1195 viewsGuthrum

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:27 - Jan 3 by BlueBadger

Bernard Black doing his taxes.

Very much so!

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 12:40 - Jan 3 with 1192 viewsElderGrizzly

Carried out against the advice of his most senior officials at the Pentagon too.

Plus of course, there is a tweet for everything

[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 12:45]
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 13:42 - Jan 3 with 1133 viewsBluesquid

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:02 - Jan 3 by artsbossbeard

https://www.mediaite.com/online/guess-who-said-this-our-president-will-start-a-w

It's David Blaine type stuff too. "Watch me make my impeachment disappear with a trick of the hand and a diversion."

The man is an absolute menace to this world.

Yep, you really have to question his judgement.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 13:52 - Jan 3 with 1119 viewsBluesquid

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 10:27 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

It doesn't necessarily need to be major flash point to be a problem. In the last year Iranian-backed forces have taken out a large part of Aramco's crude processing facilities and attacked tankers in the Gulf. We're far more likely to see continued escalation than a real war.

That seems to be Trump'#s approach to foreign policy, fire off a few missiles or sanctions and wait for enemy to agree with him. A strategy familiar to anyone who has ever spent much time with a small child.

"Iranian-backed forces have taken out a large part of Aramco's crude processing facilities and attacked tankers in the Gulf."

“At this time, it is unable to independently corroborate that the cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles used in these attacks are of Iranian origin,” he wrote in the report, seen by Reuters."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-aramco-attacks-un/un-unable-to-verify-t

“At this time, the U.S. Intelligence Community has not identified any information from the recovered weapon systems used in the 14 September attacks on Saudi Arabia that definitively reveals an attack origin,” it said. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-aramco-attacks-iran/exclusive-u-s-probe

Your views Steve?
Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy? on 14:45 - Jan 3 with 1074 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50979463

Soleimani was widely seen as the second most powerful figure in Iran, behind the Ayatollah Khamenei. His Quds Force, an elite unit of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, reported directly to the ayatollah and he was hailed as a heroic national figure.

Someone from within Iran wanted him out of the way, just an opinion, no inside knowledge. I see that Gloucester Cheltenham Housing Quadrant's Guthrum has commented... definitely ITK...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 14:53 - Jan 3 with 1072 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 09:58 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

Qassem Suleimani is obviously a nasty piece of work but this really isn't the way to go about things and to tweet an Amercian flag just before the announcement is something a 10 year old would do.

Nothing to do now but wait and see how the Iranians react. It's an election year don't forget so standard presidential playbook seems to have been enacted and a war never hurt any sitting presidents chances.

SB

The Iranians will be terrified that the USA had the intelligence to do this and it'll make them think about winding their neck in.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:08 - Jan 3 with 1055 viewsartsbossbeard

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 14:53 - Jan 3 by The_Last_Baron

The Iranians will be terrified that the USA had the intelligence to do this and it'll make them think about winding their neck in.

Yep, you've nailed it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-50980663

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 1044 viewsElderGrizzly

No, it won’t.

You’d be surprised how many agencies will know where ‘key’ people are, but don’t act upon it because it doesn’t suit at the time.

The Iranians will talk strong, attack a vulnerable USA or US ally target in the Middle East or South Asia and that will be that.
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:26 - Jan 3 with 1025 viewsParky

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50365235

I do wonder whether this has anything to do with what is going on?

I wonder whether I will get a discount on booking my holiday to Dubai in the next couple of weeks?
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 1014 viewsStokieBlue

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:26 - Jan 3 by Parky

I wonder whether I will get a discount on booking my holiday to Dubai in the next couple of weeks?

Why do you think that might have something to do with what is going on?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:33 - Jan 3 with 1006 viewsParky

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:28 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

Why do you think that might have something to do with what is going on?

SB

I'm not going to pretend I know the exact ins and outs, because I don't.

This article got sent as part of my job (insurance) and I kind of put 2 and 2 together.

But with Iran struggling to sell oil due to the US sanctions already, surely this assassination is just going to hinder that even further?
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:56 - Jan 3 with 978 viewsGuthrum

Doubt it. This is more about damaging Iran's power projection capabilities and retaliation for recent attacks on US personnel and on the embassy than anything to do with economics. Sanctions would be the appropriate format for going after that.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 976 viewsSteve_M

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:33 - Jan 3 by Parky

I'm not going to pretend I know the exact ins and outs, because I don't.

This article got sent as part of my job (insurance) and I kind of put 2 and 2 together.

But with Iran struggling to sell oil due to the US sanctions already, surely this assassination is just going to hinder that even further?

There's far more explanation in what has been happening in Iraq recently, and Syria for that matter, rather than anything so conspiricist. Not everything the US has ever done has been motivated by oil - even when they weren't a net exporter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:58 - Jan 3 with 970 viewsPendejo

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:39 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

On Tweet 5, it may spark a witch hunt for spies, which could, in itself, prove damaging to Iranian operations and morale.

The intel came from within Iran that's for sure - I refer back to my post titled "Conspiracy". Given that he was considered THE 2nd most important and powerful Iranian after the 80 year old Ayatollah means that he was in the way of someone who has eyes on the big prize.

Hopefully this will work like a "fire break" and maybe the moderate elements in Iran can help bring some sanity back into the world... maybe

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 16:16 - Jan 3 with 951 viewsGuthrum

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:58 - Jan 3 by Pendejo

The intel came from within Iran that's for sure - I refer back to my post titled "Conspiracy". Given that he was considered THE 2nd most important and powerful Iranian after the 80 year old Ayatollah means that he was in the way of someone who has eyes on the big prize.

Hopefully this will work like a "fire break" and maybe the moderate elements in Iran can help bring some sanity back into the world... maybe

Could be used by hardliners to attack the "moderates", too - you made deals with the Americans and look what's happened, kind of thing.

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 16:29 - Jan 3 with 939 viewsfooters

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:57 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

There's far more explanation in what has been happening in Iraq recently, and Syria for that matter, rather than anything so conspiricist. Not everything the US has ever done has been motivated by oil - even when they weren't a net exporter.

Oh really? Well, the witches saw it coming...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 16:56 - Jan 3 with 903 viewsGaryCooper

The Iranians will be concerned as to who planted the button on the target.
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 17:15 - Jan 3 with 881 viewsBluesquid

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 15:57 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

In Syria?

Well let's not forget that Syria is under an oil embargo and the Syrian people are experiencing massive oil shortages and cannot access their own oil in their own country.
US and British troops illegally on Syrian soil among others are "protecting" Syrian oil and thus blocking the Syrian peoples rightful access to their own oil.

This action is actually a war crime under the Geneva convention.
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 873 viewsThe_Last_Baron

You do a lot of wondering laddie.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 17:36 - Jan 3 with 846 viewsBluesquid

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 11:39 - Jan 3 by sparks

Why are people with influence and power when they have no understanding whatsoever of human reactions and psyche?

Hard to think this would result in regime change. more likely to result in people coming together and supporting their regime on principle: same as most humans do when they feel their own are under attack.

Well according to Admiral Lord West, ex Chief of Naval Staff, there are powerful groups in Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United States that want war and think that a strike on Iran would lead to regime change.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/20/new-pm-take-note-iran-cris
Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 18:14 - Jan 3 with 809 viewsParky

Trump doing his bit for world peace again on 17:16 - Jan 3 by The_Last_Baron

You do a lot of wondering laddie.

That is what tends to happen on a Friday afternoon at work on the bog.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024