Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iran changes stance on plane disaster 05:38 - Jan 11 with 5243 viewsjeera

and seems to be officially stating that it was accidentally shot down.

Where to go with this. What a terrifying, unjustifiable way to go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51073621

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/iran-admits-unintentionally-shot-ukrainia

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 16:43 - Jan 11 with 2707 viewshampstead_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 16:40 - Jan 11 by jaykay

you must have missed the bit where people have pointed out the usa shot down a plane by mistake. but i expect its all corbyns fault. havent noticed what boris has said about all this so far, as he the prime minister.

The thread talks about the Iranian's shooting down a plane of innocent civi's.

The point about the USA is a trad distraction. Start a thread on that if you want to discuss it.

I've made a valid point about the OP.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 18:36 - Jan 11 with 2698 viewsOxford_Blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:12 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, the President admitting it

We’d known this a few hours since the crash, but Ukrainians wanted pressure on Iran to admit it first.

Of course none of this happens without Trump’s misguided actions in Iraq to begin with
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 7:14]

Trump held back on three or four occasions when Iranian sponsored terrorists attacked US contractors. When they killed one, that was enough. Trump was entitled to take steps to protect his country and his actions were justified. The person they killed was scum.

It’s typical of people like you always to side with or give the benefit of the doubt to the enemies of this country.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 18:56 - Jan 11 with 2688 viewsBluesquid

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 18:36 - Jan 11 by Oxford_Blue

Trump held back on three or four occasions when Iranian sponsored terrorists attacked US contractors. When they killed one, that was enough. Trump was entitled to take steps to protect his country and his actions were justified. The person they killed was scum.

It’s typical of people like you always to side with or give the benefit of the doubt to the enemies of this country.

Does every country have the right to assassinate another country's official/general who they deem guilty or is it just an American thing?
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:02 - Jan 11 with 2676 viewsOxford_Blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 18:56 - Jan 11 by Bluesquid

Does every country have the right to assassinate another country's official/general who they deem guilty or is it just an American thing?

Every country had the right to self defence. Trump showed restraint on several occasions when provoked - even his defence staff disagreed. He drew a line when an innocent US citizen was murdered and had intelligence that further major attacks were being planned.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:07 - Jan 11 with 2666 viewsfooters

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:02 - Jan 11 by Oxford_Blue

Every country had the right to self defence. Trump showed restraint on several occasions when provoked - even his defence staff disagreed. He drew a line when an innocent US citizen was murdered and had intelligence that further major attacks were being planned.

An innocent US citizen working for a US defence contractor in a country which had been previously, illegally invaded by the US et al?

There are many shades of grey here, but unsurprising that you don't see them.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:10 - Jan 11 with 2659 viewsm14_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 18:36 - Jan 11 by Oxford_Blue

Did you mean that as a reply to EG??

If so, then I have to take issue with your last paragraph and ask what you mean by ‘people like you’? I’ve never seen anything like that from him at all.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:23 - Jan 11 with 2644 viewsOxford_Blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 19:07 - Jan 11 by footers

An innocent US citizen working for a US defence contractor in a country which had been previously, illegally invaded by the US et al?

There are many shades of grey here, but unsurprising that you don't see them.

So your logic is that if, 15 years ago, there was an invasion which you didn’t agree with, the current president shouldn’t protect his country and people?

Are you out of your mind?
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:33 - Jan 11 with 2609 viewsChurchman

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 14:26 - Jan 11 by hampstead_blue

Our gov will back the USA. I was simply showing the apologists on the other side of the house.

I didn't add that I was with a few Royal Marines yesterday. We had a brief chat about this and they all agreed with me.
According to them, Soulimani has been a known target for a long time. He was on the clock. Only a matter of time before the USA did the job.

I think Trump has signalled that he is prepared act. Iran will back down, they have no choice.

I was at an RE charity lunch in Chatham today and the people I chatted to there mirrored your view - and mine.
Login to get fewer ads

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:40 - Jan 11 with 2603 viewsjeera

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:33 - Jan 11 by Churchman

I was at an RE charity lunch in Chatham today and the people I chatted to there mirrored your view - and mine.

Even the pretend apologists that don't exist?

That's not possible, because it isn't true.

No one has denied the man's crimes. For my two-penneth, I'm not sorry in the slightest to see the back of him.

For Hampstead it's all some game - the bloke's an imbecile in case you hadn't noticed, and a fantasist on many levels. He invents things to coincide with his oft ridiculous views.

It's not complicated to understand why some people have expressed concern at the legality and the possible consequences of the US action.

Many innocent people have already died as a direct or indirect consequence so it's all very big of some of us to sit and boast how fecking patriotic it all is and how great we are when some poor families are in pieces right now over lost loved ones.

I would suggest some of us should perhaps show a little more humility and pack in the pathetic point scoring.

Safe here, right now in the UK, giving it the biggun'.

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 2591 viewsjaykay

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:40 - Jan 11 by jeera

No one has denied the man's crimes. For my two-penneth, I'm not sorry in the slightest to see the back of him.

For Hampstead it's all some game - the bloke's an imbecile in case you hadn't noticed, and a fantasist on many levels. He invents things to coincide with his oft ridiculous views.

It's not complicated to understand why some people have expressed concern at the legality and the possible consequences of the US action.

Many innocent people have already died as a direct or indirect consequence so it's all very big of some of us to sit and boast how fecking patriotic it all is and how great we are when some poor families are in pieces right now over lost loved ones.

I would suggest some of us should perhaps show a little more humility and pack in the pathetic point scoring.

i think you hit the nail on the head there. hes always got a story to tell. be carefull thou you will get a pm sooner or later

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:58 - Jan 11 with 2578 viewsjeera

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 20:53 - Jan 11 by jaykay

i think you hit the nail on the head there. hes always got a story to tell. be carefull thou you will get a pm sooner or later

I've got the idiot on ignore but saw his comments earlier when not logged in.

Wasn't it you he told to start your own thread if you disagreed with him?

Cheek of it. He spread a pile of sh1t on my thread and then comes out with that?

Gav needs to introduce a perk where an OP can boot posters off his/her thread for being a tw@t.

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 21:03 - Jan 11 with 2565 viewsfooters

Spot on, buh!

For some it's all very black and white.

The killing was extrajudicial and could've sparked far more serious consequences than we have already seen. In fact, ~180 innocent people* losing their lives is a pretty big consequence.

*incl. three Brits IIRC.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 21:04]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 21:10 - Jan 11 with 2554 viewsjeera

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 21:03 - Jan 11 by footers

Spot on, buh!

For some it's all very black and white.

The killing was extrajudicial and could've sparked far more serious consequences than we have already seen. In fact, ~180 innocent people* losing their lives is a pretty big consequence.

*incl. three Brits IIRC.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 21:04]

Real actual people such as these two:

And all that trash wants to do is bang on about Labour this/that. I detest people like him.

There were tens of deaths on the ground too, amongst demonstrations et al, all sparked by heightened feelings by an oppressed people. Oppressed in so many ways.

People tend to forget that Iran used to be a forward-thinking modern country with happy students, coffee shops...things we consider normal.

Many of those people don't want to be living in the scenario they are.

Years we've sat back and done feck-all, then the US goes and sticks a bomb into someone and thinks they've solved the world's problems.

Obama made some progress; he got us talking. It was a start.

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:02 - Jan 12 with 2483 viewshampstead_blue

Bunkum and an insult of you don't mind.
Calling someone out as a fantasist in that context is the same as calling me a Walt. You may want to check what that means and edit.

The fact that I work with serving and veterans of all shapes, sizes, and roles, means I get a handle on what's going on.
Also my colleagues are all 16 years plus in the forces, Army mainly.

The amount of quality judgement in our gaff is incredible.

If you want to apologise and side with others then feel free. The USA and UK have a rather long list of names which, over time, have done huge injustices to our country.
It's right that when we get the chance us or our allies take decisive action (I'd add Tony Blair to that btw).

Check out the documentary on the BBC about him. He's a pretty vile person.

EDIT:
I've just seen this on the BBC this morning: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51077897

If you want provocation and proof that Iran's actions on DELIBERATELY shooting down a civilian plane are BS then this item is it.
Why arrest a bloke having a haircut who's just been peacefully attending a vigil? Oh, he just happens to be 'Our man in Tehran'.

You don't "accidently" shoot down anything. Believe Iran and you're got your head next to many hard....buried deep in sand.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 7:05]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:08 - Jan 12 with 2483 viewsm14_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:02 - Jan 12 by hampstead_blue

Bunkum and an insult of you don't mind.
Calling someone out as a fantasist in that context is the same as calling me a Walt. You may want to check what that means and edit.

The fact that I work with serving and veterans of all shapes, sizes, and roles, means I get a handle on what's going on.
Also my colleagues are all 16 years plus in the forces, Army mainly.

The amount of quality judgement in our gaff is incredible.

If you want to apologise and side with others then feel free. The USA and UK have a rather long list of names which, over time, have done huge injustices to our country.
It's right that when we get the chance us or our allies take decisive action (I'd add Tony Blair to that btw).

Check out the documentary on the BBC about him. He's a pretty vile person.

EDIT:
I've just seen this on the BBC this morning: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51077897

If you want provocation and proof that Iran's actions on DELIBERATELY shooting down a civilian plane are BS then this item is it.
Why arrest a bloke having a haircut who's just been peacefully attending a vigil? Oh, he just happens to be 'Our man in Tehran'.

You don't "accidently" shoot down anything. Believe Iran and you're got your head next to many hard....buried deep in sand.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 7:05]

Why would they deliberately shoot down the plane?
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 08:21 - Jan 12 with 2463 viewsBloomBlue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:08 - Jan 12 by m14_blue

They thought it was a missile, they deliberately it shot down. That's the problem why were they even allowing planes to fly in and out of an airport if they were on heightened awareness. This totally Iran's fault
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 09:02 - Jan 12 with 2447 viewsm14_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 08:21 - Jan 12 by BloomBlue

They thought it was a missile, they deliberately it shot down. That's the problem why were they even allowing planes to fly in and out of an airport if they were on heightened awareness. This totally Iran's fault

Of course it’s their fault and I’m sure your explanation is right but that’s not the same as them deliberately shooting down an airliner.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 15:35 - Jan 12 with 2391 viewsOxford_Blue

That isn’t deliberately intending to shoot down a plane. That is deliberately intending to shoot down a missile.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 16:32 - Jan 12 with 2367 viewsStokieBlue

It was flying at 300mph.

No missile flies that slowly. It was certainly mistaken identify, they clearly didn't mean to shoot down the plane but it's a stretch to think it was a missile.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 2344 viewshampstead_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 07:08 - Jan 12 by m14_blue

Because the USA had just taken out the head of their terrorist supporting forces.
The way they tried to apologise was almost as funny as Russia.

Anyone who thinks they got it wrong is easily fooled.

The radar signature of a missile, F16 (or fighter jet), civi 737 type plane are all incredibly different.
It was deliberate.

Posters such as Jeera complain when challenged on their hard left view of the world. They among others will do anything discredit opposing views. SImply throwing bricks doesn't obscure the awkward truth.

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 2342 viewsOxford_Blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 16:32 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

It was flying at 300mph.

No missile flies that slowly. It was certainly mistaken identify, they clearly didn't mean to shoot down the plane but it's a stretch to think it was a missile.

SB

Of course.

But under pressure, in heightened panic and tension, amongst inexperienced operators mistakes can and do happen.
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:47 - Jan 12 with 2342 viewsm14_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:42 - Jan 12 by hampstead_blue

Because the USA had just taken out the head of their terrorist supporting forces.
The way they tried to apologise was almost as funny as Russia.

Anyone who thinks they got it wrong is easily fooled.

The radar signature of a missile, F16 (or fighter jet), civi 737 type plane are all incredibly different.
It was deliberate.

Posters such as Jeera complain when challenged on their hard left view of the world. They among others will do anything discredit opposing views. SImply throwing bricks doesn't obscure the awkward truth.

You’ve lost me I’m afraid.

Why would they shoot down a Ukrainian airliner, with no Americans on board, in retaliation for the killing of Soleimani?
Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 2338 viewsHerbivore

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 13:24 - Jan 11 by hampstead_blue

The USA had fair right to take out Soulemani.
If you watch the recent documentary on the BBC about him then he's had it coming for some time.
We are at war, not on an official standing, but low intensity, asymmetric warfare. He has been a viable target for both is and the US for years.

Look at how he armed the militia in Basra who murdered British service personnel.

So far as the downing of the civilian plane is concerned I find Iran's explanation insulting.
Radar signatures of a passenger jet and fast jet are black and white. If you think a missile operator got his F-16 from 737 the wrong way around I would state naivety.

If it were an error, why has it not happened before?

This Labour regime will never criticize Iran openly without a letter to them stating "Look I've got to do this for the cameras, I don't really mean it. Is my TV deal still on when I stand down from being Supreme Leader?"

You can stop electioneering now, you div.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:52 - Jan 12 with 2335 viewshampstead_blue

Iran changes stance on plane disaster on 17:50 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

You can stop electioneering now, you div.

Read the entire post. Stop embarrassing yourself by ignoring the nose on your face

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024