Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All that money we send to the EU... 11:42 - Jan 15 with 3171 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-will-soon-have-cost-the-uk-more-tha

LOL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

All that money we send to the EU... on 12:01 - Jan 15 with 2396 viewshampstead_blue

Assumption, designed to make an ass out of you and me.

It's just a set of unknown assumptions. If you wait 5 minutes someone will publish a set showing the opposite.

Made me chuckle though. :-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

All that money we send to the EU... on 12:01 - Jan 15 with 2412 viewsDarth_Koont

Good luck getting a Brexiteer to even consider taking any of this onboard.

But I'm sure we can all look forward to an exit on WTO terms and what that will do for the UK economy ...

Pronouns: He/Him

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:10 - Jan 15 with 2295 viewsfactual_blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 12:01 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

Good luck getting a Brexiteer to even consider taking any of this onboard.

But I'm sure we can all look forward to an exit on WTO terms and what that will do for the UK economy ...

BUTT WEEL HAV BLEW PARSPOTS. THE EYEW WOODUNT LET UZ AVE THEM.

ROOL BRITTANNNIA!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:21 - Jan 15 with 2276 viewsSwansea_Blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 12:01 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

It's just a set of unknown assumptions. If you wait 5 minutes someone will publish a set showing the opposite.

The bit that's happened isn't based on unknown assumptions though. A few different finanacial asseemtns now now have put the losses at around the equivalent of the last ~15 years total membership payments.

There's only one set of asses here and it's those who are perpetrating this humungous con. Those who've fallen for it aren't much better, but can at least redeem themselves by opening their eyes rather than blindly believing what the Brexiteers and Brexit-supporting press tell them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:32 - Jan 15 with 2246 viewsBrixtonBlue

All that money we send to the EU... on 12:01 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

You're really not interested in facts are you?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 2230 viewsElephantintheRoom

This is the same Bloomberg who suggested at the time that the Brexit vote was economically the single most stupid voluntary decision by any country - ever.

I wonder how much Hitler's invasion of Russia cost - that too seemed a good idea at the time.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:51 - Jan 15 with 2187 viewsSwansea_Blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:32 - Jan 15 by BrixtonBlue

You're really not interested in facts are you?

Only when they support one 'side' seemingly. It's why we're in this mess in the first place. Evidence-based decsion making when out of the window a long time ago.

All that money we send to the EU... on 14:43 - Jan 15 with 2095 viewshampstead_blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:21 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

The bit that's happened isn't based on unknown assumptions though. A few different finanacial asseemtns now now have put the losses at around the equivalent of the last ~15 years total membership payments.

There's only one set of asses here and it's those who are perpetrating this humungous con. Those who've fallen for it aren't much better, but can at least redeem themselves by opening their eyes rather than blindly believing what the Brexiteers and Brexit-supporting press tell them.

Let us all blame those of us who voted against your preferred option.

It's irrelevant. It's happened, in the past. Move on rather than throwing bricks at everyone who voted for Brexit.
You'll have none left and a very sore arm!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Login to get fewer ads

All that money we send to the EU... on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 2095 viewsjeera

All that money we send to the EU... on 14:43 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

It's irrelevant. It's happened, in the past. Move on rather than throwing bricks at everyone who voted for Brexit.

Oh dear.

Bloody economics huh?

Let's make a few sound bites and hope it all goes away.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All that money we send to the EU... on 14:53 - Jan 15 with 2090 viewsDarth_Koont

Instead of telling people to move on, perhaps own where you're taking us and why.

Still have no idea what all this is meant to achieve.

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:18 - Jan 15 with 2008 viewshampstead_blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 14:53 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

Instead of telling people to move on, perhaps own where you're taking us and why.

Still have no idea what all this is meant to achieve.

What are you talking about?

Why don't you buy a page in the press and write an angry essay. I'm sure a lot of people will write back to you with reasons.

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:19 - Jan 15 with 2016 viewsfooters

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:18 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

Why don't you buy a page in the press and write an angry essay. I'm sure a lot of people will write back to you with reasons.

Because this is a forum for discussion and we're on a thread about Brexit? Plus it's free :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:34 - Jan 15 with 1970 viewsStokieBlue

All that money we send to the EU... on 13:38 - Jan 15 by ElephantintheRoom

This is the same Bloomberg who suggested at the time that the Brexit vote was economically the single most stupid voluntary decision by any country - ever.

I wonder how much Hitler's invasion of Russia cost - that too seemed a good idea at the time.

In what way was the Germany invasion of Russia directly decided by a voluntary vote of the populace?

You really have gone totally off the rockers the last week or two with some frankly baffling and disturbing replies.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:41 - Jan 15 with 1949 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's not what I said.

"There's only one set of asses here and it's those who are perpetrating this humungous con".

It hasn't "happened". We haven't left the EU yet and we don't know what leaving looks like. This isn't about wininng an election or a referendum. This is about the need to hold an increasingly authoritarian government to account; to want them to make decisions for the future of this country based on evidence rather than jingoistic rhetoric.

Holding government to account is a continual process and an essential part of a functioning democracy. Not helped by a useless opposition, but the media and all of us have a role here.

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 1935 viewsSwansea_Blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:19 - Jan 15 by footers

Because this is a forum for discussion and we're on a thread about Brexit? Plus it's free :)

Typical commie wanting stuff for free

I bet you're the sort who'd want the government to get involved in running airlines...

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 1929 viewsDarth_Koont

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:18 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

Thought so.

You should own the fact that you really don't have an answer. There's no shame in being one of the millions who have bought Nigel's red, white and blue magic beans.

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:21 - Jan 15 with 1806 viewshampstead_blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 15:19 - Jan 15 by footers

Of course.

I shall own my argument then. I've made it often but in short, I don't like the way the EU is going - Superstate absorbing all.
I think we need to revert back to a place were we have identity, REAL identity, not that given by Brussels, and can act as a group and on our own.

There is now too much, getting greater, centralised control.
We are being moulded by others to suit their centralising agenda.

We ought to book a room, not you and I footers that would be weird! I mean TWTD. Get a large room above a pub and have a friendly chat about this and politics.
I think it would be fun.

We'd all get a better idea of the real people behind these avatars and one dimensional and short posts.

I shall sit back and watch the arrows from the usual suspects whoosh harmlessly by and into next doors roses.

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:24 - Jan 15 with 1804 viewsfooters

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:21 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

Of course.

I shall own my argument then. I've made it often but in short, I don't like the way the EU is going - Superstate absorbing all.
I think we need to revert back to a place were we have identity, REAL identity, not that given by Brussels, and can act as a group and on our own.

We ought to book a room, not you and I footers that would be weird! I mean TWTD. Get a large room above a pub and have a friendly chat about this and politics.
I think it would be fun.

We'd all get a better idea of the real people behind these avatars and one dimensional and short posts.

I shall sit back and watch the arrows from the usual suspects whoosh harmlessly by and into next doors roses.

Shame.

I know a lovely Travelodge.

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:24 - Jan 15 with 1802 viewsStokieBlue

Of course.

I think it would be fun.

In a world where superstates with large populations are clearly rising to the fore I am interested to see how being part of a federalised "superstate" of like minded countries is going to be worse than being a very small country on their own.

Not that there is really any major move to achieve federalised superstate status from the EU.

SB

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:25 - Jan 15 with 1795 viewsStokieBlue

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:24 - Jan 15 by footers

Shame.

Can we bring our own big plate?

SB

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:27 - Jan 15 with 1791 viewsfooters

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:25 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

Can we bring our own big plate?

SB

IT'S A TRAVEL TAVERN.

And of course. You need to get the most from the breakfast buffet :)

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:42 - Jan 15 with 1744 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course.

I think it would be fun.

Utter nonsense.

We have always been able to act as a group and on our own. The EU and how we operated within it was always about having the best of both worlds. Indeed the EU supports and protects smaller countries and regions retaining their identity in a world that would otherwise ignore them and see them disappear.

Now we've got only one way to go on our own - and trying to move against economic blocs that will eat us for breakfast. Literally the worst possible option to retain our identity.

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:43 - Jan 15 with 1723 viewshampstead_blue

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:24 - Jan 15 by footers

Shame.

I was thinking country manor actually....

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:57 - Jan 15 with 1691 viewsfooters

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:43 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

I was thinking country manor actually....

Fine but you're paying and I don't take my socks off in bed. So no weird stuff.

All that money we send to the EU... on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 1687 viewsvapour_trail

Of course.

I think it would be fun.

What about the massive flakes that need to loudly announce when they put people on ignore. I’m not sure they could handle it. He’d need some room above a pub admin there to go and seek support from.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024