Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? 09:45 - Jan 25 with 2221 viewsSmithy

Seems another odd comment from him

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 2213 viewsBlueBadger

I've said this before and I'll say this again. If more people offered as much analysis and critical thought to the outpourings of newspapers and politicians as they do the bland utterances of the ITFC football manager this country might not be the sh1tshower it currently is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:11 - Jan 25 with 2153 viewsPecker

Seems fine to me. Good players can play on any surface and all that....
Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:19 - Jan 25 with 2127 viewsstrikalite

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:11 - Jan 25 by Pecker

As I said before the Tranmere game, if I was an academy coach we'd be practicing a lot of small five-a side stuff on a truly dreadful surface...

As for Lambo, he does like his glass half empty at times...
Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:22 - Jan 25 with 2107 viewsOldsmoker

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 09:56 - Jan 25 by BlueBadger

I've said this before and I'll say this again. If more people offered as much analysis and critical thought to the outpourings of newspapers and politicians as they do the bland utterances of the ITFC football manager this country might not be the sh1tshower it currently is.

Lambert has played in the best grounds around Europe.
Not a lot of people know this but he once played in Germany.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 2012 viewsmonytowbray

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:22 - Jan 25 by Oldsmoker

That’s why we need to get Brexit done. The EU has corrupted our footballers.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 1989 viewsBlueBadger

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:11 - Jan 25 by Pecker

Strikes me that PRP is a man who is very fond of getting his excuses in early, just in case.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:04 - Jan 25 with 1978 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 09:56 - Jan 25 by BlueBadger

Nice hyperbole.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 1977 viewsstonojnr

is it that bad, probably not, is it that good, probably not either.

and havent we (the supporters) been complaining about the state of the pitch since Alan Ferguson left

do other clubs spend what feels like every season or maybe its every other season digging the whole thing up and relaying it, is that the mark of a good pitch ?

and I thought there was a whole thing that if we ever got into the promised land of the Premiership, theyd sort the pitch out properly so we arent continually fixing it, but the cost isnt worth it whilst we are stuck where we are.

so yep its a valid point I think he's making, but as always Lambert says something negative and the fans react like the turf at Portman Road is like old wembley hallowedness, instead of admitting its alot more like new wembley grass
Login to get fewer ads

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 1942 viewsr2d2

My god you are boring.
Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:49 - Jan 25 with 1836 viewshampstead_blue

I think we've just had a general election which kind of put to bed all of that.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 1825 viewsfactual_blue

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:16 - Jan 25 by r2d2

My god you are boring.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 1775 viewsagentp

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 10:22 - Jan 25 by Oldsmoker

Has he? He's never said.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 12:23 - Jan 25 with 1715 viewsPhilTWTD

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 11:05 - Jan 25 by stonojnr

is it that bad, probably not, is it that good, probably not either.

and havent we (the supporters) been complaining about the state of the pitch since Alan Ferguson left

do other clubs spend what feels like every season or maybe its every other season digging the whole thing up and relaying it, is that the mark of a good pitch ?

and I thought there was a whole thing that if we ever got into the promised land of the Premiership, theyd sort the pitch out properly so we arent continually fixing it, but the cost isnt worth it whilst we are stuck where we are.

so yep its a valid point I think he's making, but as always Lambert says something negative and the fans react like the turf at Portman Road is like old wembley hallowedness, instead of admitting its alot more like new wembley grass

The issue is as it has been for a number of years, something which has been waiting for the second summer after promotion (second due to the scheduling and as it's complicated given the poor access to the pitch).

Milne talked about it a couple of years ago and also Alan F, see below (end bit in AL's case).

Milne: State of Pitch Down to Number of Games and Weather 3rd Apr 2018 12:04
MD Ian Milne says the poor current state of the Portman Road pitch is down to the number of games played on it during January and adverse weather conditions, however, he says the club are looking at ways of improving it going forward. 31

Ex-Blues Groundsman Ferguson at World Cup Ahead of New FIFA Role 20th Jun 2018 11:10
Bartosz Bialkowski and Jonas Knudsen aren’t the only ones with Town links at the World Cup, former Blues groundsman Alan Ferguson is also currently in Russia, having been involved in the preparations for the finals for almost a year, ahead of starting a prestigious new job with FIFA. Blair Ferguson, Alan’s son, caught up with him for TWTD. 19

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 1538 viewsjontysnut

Crikey he's kept that quiet.

My lad was at a lower league academy and at one game they asked for volunteers to pick up dog poo and broken glass from the pitch. They don't know they're born these days.
Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 1411 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is our pitch as bad as Lambert seems to indicate? on 12:23 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

The issue is as it has been for a number of years, something which has been waiting for the second summer after promotion (second due to the scheduling and as it's complicated given the poor access to the pitch).

Milne talked about it a couple of years ago and also Alan F, see below (end bit in AL's case).

Milne: State of Pitch Down to Number of Games and Weather 3rd Apr 2018 12:04
MD Ian Milne says the poor current state of the Portman Road pitch is down to the number of games played on it during January and adverse weather conditions, however, he says the club are looking at ways of improving it going forward. 31

Ex-Blues Groundsman Ferguson at World Cup Ahead of New FIFA Role 20th Jun 2018 11:10
Bartosz Bialkowski and Jonas Knudsen aren’t the only ones with Town links at the World Cup, former Blues groundsman Alan Ferguson is also currently in Russia, having been involved in the preparations for the finals for almost a year, ahead of starting a prestigious new job with FIFA. Blair Ferguson, Alan’s son, caught up with him for TWTD. 19

Its worth a read of the ground staff blog too.

Genuinely fascinating if you're into grass.

http://turfjournal.blogspot.com

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024