Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our exceptionally young side.. 14:18 - Feb 3 with 1298 viewsCoco

Posh:
(271)

Itfc:
(300)

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Our exceptionally young side.. on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 1219 viewsMrTown

He chats waffle about the kids, there is no real pathway for them here, none of the youngsters coming through are getting a sniff.

There is too much deadwood in front of them.

Will be no surprise when we sit here this time next year and Dozzell, Downes, Woolfenden, Dobra have all left.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Our exceptionally young side.. on 14:34 - Feb 3 with 1196 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Our exceptionally young side.. on 14:31 - Feb 3 by MrTown

He chats waffle about the kids, there is no real pathway for them here, none of the youngsters coming through are getting a sniff.

There is too much deadwood in front of them.

Will be no surprise when we sit here this time next year and Dozzell, Downes, Woolfenden, Dobra have all left.

At other clubs in this division the likes of El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin, Hughes and maybe even Clements would have been given a decent run of games.

Our big squad is keeping them out of the 18 and opportunities to impress and I don't think any of them would do worse. We must have numerous young defenders that would do better than Kenlock for example.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:09 - Feb 3 with 1137 viewsJammyDodgerrr

You've picked a game where we had older players, playing but if you take the team if it was fully fit it wouldn't be that high.

Huws for Skuse(-7)
KVY for Edwards(-3)
Bishop for Judge(-8)

The list could go on - i would be more interested to see the average age stats, rather than one game.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:16 - Feb 3 with 1111 viewsDurovigutum

Our exceptionally young side.. on 14:34 - Feb 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

At other clubs in this division the likes of El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin, Hughes and maybe even Clements would have been given a decent run of games.

Our big squad is keeping them out of the 18 and opportunities to impress and I don't think any of them would do worse. We must have numerous young defenders that would do better than Kenlock for example.

We don't have good defenders, yet alone numerous young defenders. Our defence is porous.

I refereed a Peterborough U16 game a few months back and they had a high quality centre back who was as tall as me (6'3) with all the attributes. He will be in their side in 2 years time (I'm keeping an eye out) but our equivalent will not. Whenever ITFC have been a good side this is what happened, especially under SBR, when a senior player was moved on for money as the youngster became ready (note Sir Alex Ferguson did the same).

If a parent asked me which East Anglian academy their kid should go to and have a chance of making it, it wouldn't be one ending in wich.
Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:16 - Feb 3 with 1110 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:09 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

You've picked a game where we had older players, playing but if you take the team if it was fully fit it wouldn't be that high.

Huws for Skuse(-7)
KVY for Edwards(-3)
Bishop for Judge(-8)

The list could go on - i would be more interested to see the average age stats, rather than one game.

Agree with your point on, but I dont think Bish has started a game yet, so Judge would have to be in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:19 - Feb 3 with 1093 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Huws for Skuse(-7)
KVY for Edwards(-3)
Bishop for Judge(-8)

Those 3 players have started 18 league games between them this season, the team in the OP is far more typical of the one that has actually featured this year

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:21 - Feb 3 with 1088 viewsHerbivore

Huws for Skuse(-7)
KVY for Edwards(-3)
Bishop for Judge(-8)

I'm not sure the list can go on, those are literally the only three potential changes for younger players and Bishop is a stretch given he's yet to start a league game. We're not playing the kids, it's another bit of Lambert spin. The only youngsters that get significant game time are Downes and Woolfy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:23 - Feb 3 with 1071 viewsAlexGreen

Thanks for putting this together, I was wondering what the difference was this morning, can't believe we were collectively older!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Login to get fewer ads

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:23 - Feb 3 with 1076 viewsRadlett_blue

More of Lambert's perennial b/s, such as his awkward habit of over-estimating the size of the crowd at every home game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

And under estimating.... on 15:34 - Feb 3 with 1038 viewsBloots

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:23 - Feb 3 by Radlett_blue

More of Lambert's perennial b/s, such as his awkward habit of over-estimating the size of the crowd at every home game.

....what it was before he pitched up.

According to him he's literally doubled the attendances since he's been he.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:35]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Our exceptionally young side.. on 16:23 - Feb 3 with 977 viewsArnieM

Town side very much one in transition going by the age of players . We have four player in their early to mid 30’s compared to just one in Posh side . We have notably an ageing central defence and midfield ( almost a decade older than Peterborough’s). Little wonder then , they were that much quicker and more oomph than Town.

Maybe a lesson for us as a Club going into next season/ whatever division we are in?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our exceptionally young side.. on 16:31 - Feb 3 with 952 viewspeterleeblue

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:16 - Feb 3 by Durovigutum

We don't have good defenders, yet alone numerous young defenders. Our defence is porous.

I refereed a Peterborough U16 game a few months back and they had a high quality centre back who was as tall as me (6'3) with all the attributes. He will be in their side in 2 years time (I'm keeping an eye out) but our equivalent will not. Whenever ITFC have been a good side this is what happened, especially under SBR, when a senior player was moved on for money as the youngster became ready (note Sir Alex Ferguson did the same).

If a parent asked me which East Anglian academy their kid should go to and have a chance of making it, it wouldn't be one ending in wich.

Incidentally what level are you refereeing at?
Our exceptionally young side.. on 18:10 - Feb 3 with 853 viewsPecker

Brilliant. Sums Lambert up.
Our exceptionally young side.. on 18:15 - Feb 3 with 835 viewsJDB23

Our exceptionally young side.. on 15:23 - Feb 3 by Radlett_blue

Don't you know we're also playing 86 games this season.
Our exceptionally young side.. on 18:18 - Feb 3 with 825 viewssparks

Huws for Skuse(-7)
KVY for Edwards(-3)
Bishop for Judge(-8)

Judge gets picked every game regardless of Bishop's availability- dont think thats a fair argument.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024