Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The team 14:01 - Feb 8 with 3709 viewsHerbivore

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The team on 14:23 - Feb 8 with 811 viewsHerbivore

The team on 14:11 - Feb 8 by SomethingBlue

Presumably didn't want to take a risk with Huws and decided Judge not right defensively for this one, so I do get why Keane might be good as link man here. Very little pace or creativity though, as you say. However - Sunderland's selection doesn't exactly fill me with fear and a draw is attainable.

I don't understand why he's persisting with the system though when both our wing backs are out. It's not like it's really worked that well, we've had better form since Xmas than in the month and a half prior but it's still not been great. It's a really poor team selection for me, I can't get my head around how he thinks that works as a line up.

The team on 14:23 - Feb 8 with 806 viewsGuthrum

The team on 14:17 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

Go to a back four given that we've not got any wing backs fit. Stick three up front. There's plenty of options in the squad even with injuries and suspensions. That is a really poor side.

Solidity of defence would be a good start, see if we can keep a clean sheet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The team on 14:24 - Feb 8 with 795 viewsbilllm

Il take a point now team from Lambert, very defensive and no creativity there, I'm starting to question now,
The team on 14:25 - Feb 8 with 787 viewsHerbivore

The team on 14:23 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

Solidity of defence would be a good start, see if we can keep a clean sheet.

I'm not sure this is the best way to get a solid defence though. Five at the back doesn't automatically make you more solid than a back four.

The team on 14:25 - Feb 8 with 785 viewsStokieBlue

The team on 14:14 - Feb 8 by Terry_Nutkins

Keane is a much much better player than Jackson. Jackson's pace is the only thing we lose. Keane and Norwood are our best 2 strikers. They need service though!

I think every stat from this season would disagree with that opinion.

A lot of Ipswich fans really seem to have it in for Jackson regardless of his performances. Perhaps a hangover from last year.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The team on 14:28 - Feb 8 with 763 viewsBluefish

That teams screams route 1. We are back to a massive gap between the midfield and forwards

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The team on 14:31 - Feb 8 with 747 viewsGlasgowBlue

Playing for a draw. Will gift them a goal in stoppage time just before half time.

COYB

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The team on 14:32 - Feb 8 with 739 viewsreusersfreekicks

The team on 14:05 - Feb 8 by Bluebell

Keane has been playing well the last few weeks. Jackson not so much.

Not v Peterborough
Login to get fewer ads

The team on 14:38 - Feb 8 with 701 viewsCoastalblue

The team on 14:25 - Feb 8 by StokieBlue

I think every stat from this season would disagree with that opinion.

A lot of Ipswich fans really seem to have it in for Jackson regardless of his performances. Perhaps a hangover from last year.

SB

Agree with that, whilst Norwood hasn't really done much to elevate him to the level some seem to put him at.

I will accept, I do like Keane as a player, but actually I think Jackson and Norwood have been our best combination, Norwood does offer a bit of grit even if there's not a lot of quality.

Wouldn't pick him in front of Jackson though.

Not a particularly inspiring side there, so hopefully we'll go and complete a boring 2-0 win and Norwood gets both.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The team on 14:39 - Feb 8 with 691 viewsBluebell

The team on 14:32 - Feb 8 by reusersfreekicks

Not v Peterborough

Did anyone play well against Peterborough?
The team on 14:49 - Feb 8 with 658 viewspablovian

I do not see much to debate, unless Huws is fit enough to start. Kenlock can be effective going forward; it is as a defender that he lacks confidence. Our choice of forwards is any two of three of hustle, pace and skill, with the third one on the bench. Starting with hustle and skill is reasonable. If this line up plays with heart we may do well today.
The team on 14:52 - Feb 8 with 647 viewsHerbivore

The team on 14:49 - Feb 8 by pablovian

I do not see much to debate, unless Huws is fit enough to start. Kenlock can be effective going forward; it is as a defender that he lacks confidence. Our choice of forwards is any two of three of hustle, pace and skill, with the third one on the bench. Starting with hustle and skill is reasonable. If this line up plays with heart we may do well today.

I'll have one of whatever you're drinking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024