Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random and pointless things which still annoy you. 19:30 - Feb 25 with 30691 viewsMattinLondon

Just been to Sainsburys where a man grabbed a sandwich and a can of coke and devoured both before going to the tills and paying for both.

For some reason this annoys me despite it having absolutely no relevance to me at all.

Just wondered if anything else pointlessly annoys other posters?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 08:28 - Feb 27 with 4652 viewsKropotkin123

Tipping.

We have a minimum wage. If you want your staff to have more money, pay them more and raise your prices.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:06 - Feb 27 with 4602 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 20:02 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

Dog has to be taken with (vet etc.). Don't see how 14+ year old fully fit & mobile children are more in need. I don't go at busy times anyway, there are always loads of those bays empty.. The alternative is to park across 2 spaces - I doubt anyone would prefer that option?

Where do 14 year old comes into this?

A parent and child space is not for a dog. Or a cat. Or a person a bit stiff from 5 a side the night before.

It's for parents with young children who may need to get buggies out, need extra space to get small children out of car seats and so on.

It's not for parents to run in whilst their 14 year olds sit in the car on their phones either.

Why has a dog being taken to the vet got to stop off at Morrisons? Surely you are taking it to the vet? I don't recall seeing many parent and child spaces at the vets I'll be honest.

And why would you have to park across two spaces?

Basically you abuse spaces meant for parents and children for your own convenience and you're part of the problem?

There being loads of bays empty is a reason is it? Loads of bays you are not supposed to park in? Guess what. If loads of those bays are empty then loads of bays full stop are empty.

Strikes me as a real your need is greater than everyone elses response.

A young mother should not have to panic over her baby being left in the car for 10 seconds whilst her view is obscured by some fat scaffolder eating a pasty in the space she should be parked in because 'there were loads of them anyway'.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:07 - Feb 27 with 4602 viewsMattinLondon

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 20:02 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

Dog has to be taken with (vet etc.). Don't see how 14+ year old fully fit & mobile children are more in need. I don't go at busy times anyway, there are always loads of those bays empty.. The alternative is to park across 2 spaces - I doubt anyone would prefer that option?

Think there’s an age limit of 12 and under for a parent to use the parent and child spaces. If there wasn’t then my mum would be entitled to use them if I were to go shopping with her and I’m 41.
Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:34 - Feb 27 with 4570 viewsJ2BLUE

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:06 - Feb 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Where do 14 year old comes into this?

A parent and child space is not for a dog. Or a cat. Or a person a bit stiff from 5 a side the night before.

It's for parents with young children who may need to get buggies out, need extra space to get small children out of car seats and so on.

It's not for parents to run in whilst their 14 year olds sit in the car on their phones either.

Why has a dog being taken to the vet got to stop off at Morrisons? Surely you are taking it to the vet? I don't recall seeing many parent and child spaces at the vets I'll be honest.

And why would you have to park across two spaces?

Basically you abuse spaces meant for parents and children for your own convenience and you're part of the problem?

There being loads of bays empty is a reason is it? Loads of bays you are not supposed to park in? Guess what. If loads of those bays are empty then loads of bays full stop are empty.

Strikes me as a real your need is greater than everyone elses response.

A young mother should not have to panic over her baby being left in the car for 10 seconds whilst her view is obscured by some fat scaffolder eating a pasty in the space she should be parked in because 'there were loads of them anyway'.

We all know you love an OTT essay but bloody hell. Did you read Ryorry's post? Whether you agree or not most of your questions were answered within. She said she doesn't go at busy times and i'm sure she leaves plenty of parent and child spaces nearer the door for others to use.

Do you blindly follow all minor rules without using common sense? If you were out and the men's toilets were closed for cleaning would you go in the disabled toilet or choose to honour the rules and pee yourself?

A little common sense is all that is required. At Christmas where the carpark is constantly 98% full? No. At 3pm on a Wednesday when there are ten such spaces free? Who really cares? Get over yourself.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:37 - Feb 27 with 4556 viewsRyorry

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:07 - Feb 27 by MattinLondon

Think there’s an age limit of 12 and under for a parent to use the parent and child spaces. If there wasn’t then my mum would be entitled to use them if I were to go shopping with her and I’m 41.

Heh!
There are no signs to that effect anywhere in any supermarket car-park that I've been to, and if there is an under 13 policy it's regularly ignored.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 4541 viewsRyorry

People being judgemental without having a clue as to the circumstances of those they are judging, or even being prepared to spend a couple of minutes trying to understand their situation.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:48 - Feb 27 with 4515 viewsMattinLondon

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:37 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

Heh!
There are no signs to that effect anywhere in any supermarket car-park that I've been to, and if there is an under 13 policy it's regularly ignored.

The ones near have have a sign near the parent and child spaces scree all the terms and conditions are listed including being 12 and under. Thought all supermarkets had them- obviously not.
Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:56 - Feb 27 with 4492 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:34 - Feb 27 by J2BLUE

We all know you love an OTT essay but bloody hell. Did you read Ryorry's post? Whether you agree or not most of your questions were answered within. She said she doesn't go at busy times and i'm sure she leaves plenty of parent and child spaces nearer the door for others to use.

Do you blindly follow all minor rules without using common sense? If you were out and the men's toilets were closed for cleaning would you go in the disabled toilet or choose to honour the rules and pee yourself?

A little common sense is all that is required. At Christmas where the carpark is constantly 98% full? No. At 3pm on a Wednesday when there are ten such spaces free? Who really cares? Get over yourself.

Re your middle paragraph, I can’t think of many more shaming experiences in life than strolling out of a disabled bathroom after a nice 20 min poo/TWTD sesh only to find someone in a wheelchair sat outside waiting...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:59 - Feb 27 with 4486 viewsartsbossbeard

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:56 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Re your middle paragraph, I can’t think of many more shaming experiences in life than strolling out of a disabled bathroom after a nice 20 min poo/TWTD sesh only to find someone in a wheelchair sat outside waiting...

There's a conundrum in the 3 Wise Monkeys as the upstairs loo is labelled "Disabled Access Friendly" (or words to that effect) rather than "Disabled Patrons Only".

It's such a long way down the stairs and back too..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:03 - Feb 27 with 4466 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:34 - Feb 27 by J2BLUE

Yes I do care. It's a thread about things that annoy you. This annoys me.

It's not a space for her to use. You don't get to exercise common sense badly.

Common sense dictates it's 3pm on a Wednesday and there are spaces everywhere so you're even more of a lazy, selfish idiot if you park in a parent and child space. Absolutely no need for it.

You're analogy makes no sense. If the men's toilet is not in use then you cannot use it. She's not failing to use a normal space because they are all taken. She's deciding not too because she can't be bothered. Massive difference.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:04 - Feb 27 with 4462 viewsLord_Lucan

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:59 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

There's a conundrum in the 3 Wise Monkeys as the upstairs loo is labelled "Disabled Access Friendly" (or words to that effect) rather than "Disabled Patrons Only".

It's such a long way down the stairs and back too..

Lady Lucan once couldn't face a long trek up the stairs to the loo in a pub and went to the bar to ask for the disabled key as it was downstairs. She told the barwoman she had MS. As it happens the barwomens sister had MS and started to chit chat about the condition and asking how Lady Lucan was coping etc.

That'll teach her I thought!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:05 - Feb 27 with 4456 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:37 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

Heh!

Oh you're on of those.

Others ignore it so why should you bother to do the decent thing?

Plenty of other people do all sorts of things they shouldn't do. Probably not best to just do whatever you like as well.

It's amusing you seem to think a parent and child space shouldn't be used by a parent and older child but it's okay for you to use with your dog lol.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:06 - Feb 27 with 4450 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 11:43 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

People being judgemental without having a clue as to the circumstances of those they are judging, or even being prepared to spend a couple of minutes trying to understand their situation.

Like you just have with the older children you seem to object to?

Maybe the have a good reason for being there that doesn't involve a dog.

You seem to be happy to judge that these people shouldn't be there. Works both ways.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:12 - Feb 27 with 4432 viewsRyorry

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:06 - Feb 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Like you just have with the older children you seem to object to?

Maybe the have a good reason for being there that doesn't involve a dog.

You seem to be happy to judge that these people shouldn't be there. Works both ways.

On the other hand you could always try actually reading what I said.

Btw the reason why I don't take the dog home from vet & then go back to supermarket is that vet/supermarket are within half a mile of each other in town, but home is 13 miles away from town.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 4416 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:12 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

On the other hand you could always try actually reading what I said.

Btw the reason why I don't take the dog home from vet & then go back to supermarket is that vet/supermarket are within half a mile of each other in town, but home is 13 miles away from town.

Dogs aren't allowed in supermarkets right - assuming it's not a guide dog? So you are leaving the dog in the car I assume?

What difference does it make then using a parent and child space as opposed to a regular one?

Do you only ever shop when the dog is due at the vets? Do you have to do the shopping when you go to the vets?

Struggling to see how this is justified tbh. Just sounds like a poor attempt to justify something you've admitted doing that really isn't needed.

Just park in a regular space.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:21 - Feb 27 with 4411 viewsJ2BLUE

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:03 - Feb 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Yes I do care. It's a thread about things that annoy you. This annoys me.

It's not a space for her to use. You don't get to exercise common sense badly.

Common sense dictates it's 3pm on a Wednesday and there are spaces everywhere so you're even more of a lazy, selfish idiot if you park in a parent and child space. Absolutely no need for it.

You're analogy makes no sense. If the men's toilet is not in use then you cannot use it. She's not failing to use a normal space because they are all taken. She's deciding not too because she can't be bothered. Massive difference.

My analogy makes perfect sense. You're just justifying one because you know you would do it and attacking the other because you don't need to do it.

Ever thought of becoming a traffic warden?

Truly impaired.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:26 - Feb 27 with 4391 viewsKieran_Knows

I always say this when a thread like this pops up, but people who use the self check out service at supermarkets for their weekly/fortnightly food shops, in which they then clog the area up with their trolleys.

Idiots, the lot of them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:28 - Feb 27 with 4384 viewsJ2BLUE

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:26 - Feb 27 by Kieran_Knows

I always say this when a thread like this pops up, but people who use the self check out service at supermarkets for their weekly/fortnightly food shops, in which they then clog the area up with their trolleys.

Idiots, the lot of them.

The biggest thing which annoys me about self service is people who scan their items, put them on the shelf and then bag up at the end. JUST PUT IT IN A F***ING BAG AS YOU SCAN.

Truly impaired.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:33 - Feb 27 with 4365 viewsLankHenners

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:26 - Feb 27 by Kieran_Knows

Idiots, the lot of them.

See also: people in smaller supermarkets taking loads of shopping through the kiosk because the main tills are busy and while they’re there buying about 12 types of lottery/scratch card tickets when you just want to pay for your 2 pints of milk.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:34 - Feb 27 with 4358 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:21 - Feb 27 by J2BLUE

My analogy makes perfect sense. You're just justifying one because you know you would do it and attacking the other because you don't need to do it.

Ever thought of becoming a traffic warden?

When the Crown Car park was full they allowed us to park in an Electric Car space as there were plenty empty.

If a toilet is out of order and the only toilet you can use is the vacant disabled one then you may also use it.

The point is that you don't use either when you don't need to as they may be there for the convenience of those with greater needs.

When a toilet or a car parking space is free and you take one designated for someone else to be lazy then you're just a selfish pr*ck. End of.

Of course you can use a disabled toilet if it's free and there is not another one. But you don't use the thing when your own toilets are perfectly fine to use. Common sense.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 4344 viewsRyorry

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:19 - Feb 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Dogs aren't allowed in supermarkets right - assuming it's not a guide dog? So you are leaving the dog in the car I assume?

What difference does it make then using a parent and child space as opposed to a regular one?

Do you only ever shop when the dog is due at the vets? Do you have to do the shopping when you go to the vets?

Struggling to see how this is justified tbh. Just sounds like a poor attempt to justify something you've admitted doing that really isn't needed.

Just park in a regular space.

I have explained before that the reason I do it is *because I cannot open the passenger door sufficiently to unload the shopping into in ordinary spaces, which are too narrow to allow that* and that food shopping can't go into the back as the dog would eat it. 2-seater Landrover.

I should add that I *always* opt for a suitable alternative space where it's available, e.g. next to a hedge or tree on the near side. Where there are shedloadsa ordinary spaces available, there's nothing to stop other vehicles coming in & parking next to me while I shop (as a couple of others have pointed out as their beef).

Now I suggest you stop making this thread about your ire with me, who you suppose is doing something that I've never actually even done - ie block spaces for parents/children who really need them. People are probably starting to get bored with it on what had been a fun thread, so if you've got anything further to say on the subject, please pm me.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:43 - Feb 27 with 4344 viewsartsbossbeard

People who talk about fantasy football teams like they're Klopp picking the weekend’s team.

Double strap rucksack users.

People who say, for example, Gordon knows my opinion on this then go on to bore everyone else and presumably Gordon.

People on their own in the pub who try to strike up conversations with strangers only to demonstrate why they are on their own.

People who wait outside the hospital when one of the royal family gives birth.

Lads who walk around with their hands down their pants fiddling.

Family/parents who don’t tell the lads in their life to stop fiddling with themselves in public.

People who hum/sing at their desks.

People who can’t reverse park.

Anyone who does Karaoke sober.

People who treat the success of their football team as a personal achievement.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:52 - Feb 27 with 4312 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:43 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

People who talk about fantasy football teams like they're Klopp picking the weekend’s team.

People who say, for example, Gordon knows my opinion on this then go on to bore everyone else and presumably Gordon.

People on their own in the pub who try to strike up conversations with strangers only to demonstrate why they are on their own.

Family/parents who don’t tell the lads in their life to stop fiddling with themselves in public.

Number 5 - see also people who hang around outside court rooms protesting the innocence of [insert celebrity here] despite them almost certainly never having actually met them and having no idea on the finer points of the case and evidence

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 4302 viewsLord_Lucan

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:43 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

I must admit to doing No 6

I am a fiddler.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Random and pointless things which still annoy you. on 12:57 - Feb 27 with 4291 viewsLord_Lucan

Working on an email and then remembering to check some important work related business online only to have a quick flick onto TWTD and stay there for 20 mins and then completely forget what you were supposed to be doing.

This is happening right now by the way.

Edit; writing a fascinating post on TWTD only to find it stuck at the bottom of the page and unlikely to be read.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 13:53]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024