Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have 09:11 - Feb 28 with 8455 viewsmonytowbray

Yesterday I discovered, after over 8 years of my current profession doing a lot of Excel heavy lifting, that there's a conditional format function to highlight duplicates in a column or row. I've been doing this the hard way and doing =countif formulas the entire time to discover duplicates. Not the hardest or most time extensive way to do so but still, there's a button I can just click to sort it out that's sat under my nose all this time.

Anyone else got anything like that where they suddenly discovered they've spent years faffing with something when there was an easier way?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:13 - Feb 28 with 3185 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You don't have to slide up and down the bed to masturbate you can use your hand....what a revelation.

Have I over shared?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:33 - Feb 28 with 3166 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:13 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

You don't have to slide up and down the bed to masturbate you can use your hand....what a revelation.

Have I over shared?

Not at all. Thanks for sharing. I,ll give it a try later.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:35 - Feb 28 with 3165 viewsLord_Lucan

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 11:29 - Feb 28 by WD19

I only discovered relatively recently that all car fuel gauges tell you which side the fuel cap is on.

I never knew that

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:36 - Feb 28 with 3161 viewsLord_Lucan

Women don't find drunk men a turn on

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:37 - Feb 28 with 3159 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:36 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Women don't find drunk men a turn on

Drunk ones do.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:39 - Feb 28 with 3156 viewsLord_Lucan

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:37 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Drunk ones do.

I don't like drunk women.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:41 - Feb 28 with 3151 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:13 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Have I over shared?

If you sit on your hand until it goes numb, it feels like somebody else is doing it for you.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:46 - Feb 28 with 3138 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:39 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

I don't like drunk women.

They sometimes sober up......win/win.

Login to get fewer ads

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 18:23 - Feb 28 with 3066 viewsTrequartista

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 11:29 - Feb 28 by WD19

I only discovered relatively recently that all car fuel gauges tell you which side the fuel cap is on.

I don't think that's true. Only some of them do.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 3058 viewsLord_Lucan

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 18:23 - Feb 28 by Trequartista

I don't think that's true. Only some of them do.

This has freaked me out actually as I never knew and on our lads whatsit group it's currently 3 against 2 not having knew.

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 18:36 - Feb 28 with 3051 viewsITFC_Forever

If you put a belt on your trousers before you put the trousers on, then you shouldn’t miss any belt loops.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 3007 viewsSuperblue95

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 12:56 - Feb 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

Thank you for asking.

Am sorry to say that he slipped away at 6:30 on Tuesday morning. The end was very peaceful. I was there until 2 o'clock that morning but went off for sleep leaving my sister by his bedside. I was then due to take over from her at 8.

Sorry to hear that. RIP

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 19:53 - Feb 28 with 2998 viewsjeera

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 12:56 - Feb 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

Thank you for asking.

Am sorry to say that he slipped away at 6:30 on Tuesday morning. The end was very peaceful. I was there until 2 o'clock that morning but went off for sleep leaving my sister by his bedside. I was then due to take over from her at 8.

Sorry to read this.

Condolences to you and your family.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 19:53 - Feb 28 with 2998 viewsDeano69

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 09:37 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

I agree, and I do like the idea of counting how many dupes in column. But the fact this button exists blows my mind.

I bloody love Excel too.

If you also like PowerPoint take a look at Sway, it will blow your mind.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 19:57 - Feb 28 with 2986 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:41 - Feb 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

If you sit on your hand until it goes numb, it feels like somebody else is doing it for you.

#deadhandgang

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 17:51 - Feb 29 with 2840 viewsgordon

You lot are a right bunch of beginners, you should be doing this in R.
Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 17:53 - Feb 29 with 2833 viewsgordon

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 15:35 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

I never knew that

I realised this at about 28, I'm no longer one of those people pulling the 'extra long hose' right to its limit and spraying petrol all over my trousers.
Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 17:54 - Feb 29 with 2823 viewsTractorWood

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 09:46 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

I use it a lot for quick data visualisation, particularly if it's a template or document other people will be using.

We need a TWTD Excel formula appreciation thread.

Love excel.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 17:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Really obvious stuff you learned or discovered later than you should have on 18:00 - Feb 29 with 2812 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That Paul Lambert is an absolute chancer - about 95% of this board

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024