Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges 12:07 - Mar 12 with 2463 viewsChondzoresk

How long before we do the same?
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:11 - Mar 12 with 2446 viewsGeoffSentence

Cripes! I hope not. The school holidays are bad enough.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:11 - Mar 12 with 2443 viewsStokieBlue

A few hours probably.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:12 - Mar 12 with 2438 viewsRadlett_blue

It will happen in the next few days. The upward curve in corona virus victims is unstoppable in the near term as people will already have been infected.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:12 - Mar 12 with 2427 viewsmonytowbray

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:11 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

A few hours probably.

SB

Would be amazed if we hadn’t before the end of the afternoon.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:22 - Mar 12 with 2359 viewsGirthyguy

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:12 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

Would be amazed if we hadn’t before the end of the afternoon.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's business as usual. Money is more important than a person's health after all....
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:23 - Mar 12 with 2350 viewsmonytowbray

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:22 - Mar 12 by Girthyguy

Wouldn't surprise me if it's business as usual. Money is more important than a person's health after all....

Said this before too.

Malta now taking drastic social measures too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:27 - Mar 12 with 2320 viewsnoggin

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 12:23 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

Said this before too.

Malta now taking drastic social measures too.

Norway has closed all schools and nurseries. Now seriously considering closing the airports. I've just been to the supermarket and the place is packed, as is the chemist next door.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 2215 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What about offices, asking for a friend

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 13:19 - Mar 12 with 2207 viewsclive_baker

Very soon I would think. Perhaps as soon as Monday

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:47 - Mar 12 with 2084 viewsGaryCooper

I'm not sure why they will close, they will though, how much better must things get before banned and closed events reopen? It could be 3-4 months.
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:48 - Mar 12 with 2073 viewsMoriarty

Taoiseach’s full statement here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0312/1121849-taoiseach-full-statement-c

fka omuircheartaigh

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:51 - Mar 12 with 2052 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would say it gets announced next week. Start Easter two weeks early and give time for it to peak. What a situation though.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:52 - Mar 12 with 2049 viewsStokieBlue

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:51 - Mar 12 by JammyDodgerrr

I would say it gets announced next week. Start Easter two weeks early and give time for it to peak. What a situation though.

Are you saying shift the Easter holidays or have 4 weeks off instead of 2?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:57 - Mar 12 with 2024 viewsJammyDodgerrr

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 14:52 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

Are you saying shift the Easter holidays or have 4 weeks off instead of 2?

SB

I would imagine they would just make it a four week holiday then look to potentially shorten the summer holidays or just carry on as normal and lose the two weeks. Four weeks would give the chance to allow the two week incubation to pass and the peak to hit and start to fall.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 15:30 - Mar 12 with 1965 viewsClareBlue

Maybe the FA could cancel the freindly against Italy and Denmark due this month. If that isn't the absolute depiction of greed then nothing is. The FA hide behind official government advice. Why not take some leadership on this. Friendlies are limitted benefit at the best of times but to even consider playing Italy within the next two weeks is a disgrace and an insult to those making genuine sacrifies through either serious ill health/death or their business going belly up. Just when you thought football administration could not sink any further - the FA prove it can.

I am in a Irish community that has had no drinking water for a month, battered by 3 storms and floods and has confirmed cases from Italian travel that have spread person to person and basically shut every business apart from the two supermarkets. Our schools were already closed before today because we have confirmed cases. This is being replicated across the Country and that is why the Irish Government has taken the action it took today. How many deaths before the FA cancel a freindly football match?
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 17:05 - Mar 12 with 1895 viewsEireannach_gorm

I work in a Third Level College in Ireland and will be leaving shortly as all schools in the Republic will be closed at 6p.m. until 29th March ( provisionally).
ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 17:10 - Mar 12 with 1878 viewsEireannach_gorm

ROI to close all Schools and Colleges on 15:30 - Mar 12 by ClareBlue

Maybe the FA could cancel the freindly against Italy and Denmark due this month. If that isn't the absolute depiction of greed then nothing is. The FA hide behind official government advice. Why not take some leadership on this. Friendlies are limitted benefit at the best of times but to even consider playing Italy within the next two weeks is a disgrace and an insult to those making genuine sacrifies through either serious ill health/death or their business going belly up. Just when you thought football administration could not sink any further - the FA prove it can.

I am in a Irish community that has had no drinking water for a month, battered by 3 storms and floods and has confirmed cases from Italian travel that have spread person to person and basically shut every business apart from the two supermarkets. Our schools were already closed before today because we have confirmed cases. This is being replicated across the Country and that is why the Irish Government has taken the action it took today. How many deaths before the FA cancel a freindly football match?

I think the 'mass gatherings' will knock this on the head. Have the FAI got TV rights, then it could be played behind closed doors!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024