Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Schools still open 07:17 - Mar 18 with 2271 viewsBlueNomad

But school nursing service told not to go in due to the risk......
Schools still open on 08:38 - Mar 18 with 2187 viewsPinewoodblue

Suffolk One starts a closedown today, only open for students to collect belongings fully shut from Monday. Special Needs schools closed from today. Will no doubt be schools with reduced numbers of teaching staff available that have partial closures.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Schools still open on 08:40 - Mar 18 with 2188 viewshomer_123

School closures were always going to happen eventually. We'll also see pretty much a full on lockdown - if in all but name.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Schools still open on 08:55 - Mar 18 with 2160 viewsHerbivore

Schools still open on 08:40 - Mar 18 by homer_123

School closures were always going to happen eventually. We'll also see pretty much a full on lockdown - if in all but name.

We're more or less there already aren't we? We've been told to cease all non-essential social contact and not to go to pubs or restaurants. We're now pretty much in line with most of Europe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Schools still open on 09:08 - Mar 18 with 2097 viewsFixed_It

Schools still open on 08:55 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

We're more or less there already aren't we? We've been told to cease all non-essential social contact and not to go to pubs or restaurants. We're now pretty much in line with most of Europe.

I predict schools will be closed by the end of the week. Already have local schools with partial closures due to staff absence (enforced self-isolation). Parents starting to keep kids off for similar reasons. Measures being put in place for remote learning where possible. Clock is tickin.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Schools still open on 09:11 - Mar 18 with 2092 viewshomer_123

Schools still open on 08:55 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

As I posted the other day, lockdown in all but name but no, not quite in line with Europe quite yet...borders not shut and not a formal lockdown - no military on the streets etc.

Schools still open on 09:13 - Mar 18 with 2088 viewsGuthrum

Schools still open on 08:40 - Mar 18 by homer_123

Doubt we'll have a Spanish-style "penalties for leaving the house" regime. But it might effectively be a cessation of all work which is not essential or can be done from home - if nothing else because suppliers (e.g. builders merchants) will be shutting down.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 with 2087 viewsHerbivore

Schools still open on 09:11 - Mar 18 by homer_123

As I posted the other day, lockdown in all but name but no, not quite in line with Europe quite yet...borders not shut and not a formal lockdown - no military on the streets etc.

There is a certain irony in the EU shutting it's borders whilst ours remain open (for now at least).

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 with 2088 viewsmonytowbray

Schools still open on 09:11 - Mar 18 by homer_123

I’m keen to know the model in which we decide to take these measures. Even an estimate would be nice.

Screams of winging it. Not really giving me much confidence we’re getting this right.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Schools still open on 09:28 - Mar 18 with 2060 viewsgiant_stow

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

There is a certain irony in the EU shutting it's borders whilst ours remain open (for now at least).

Can't wait for Brexit to put into the mix - what fun!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Schools still open on 09:32 - Mar 18 with 2056 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've been a University lecturer, for the last 18 months now, we stopped all face to face teaching as of this morning.

Its not just the risk of infection now, students are staying away in droves purely because of parents fears of their kids being away from home.

We've moved to online teaching and are adjusting modules to make sure that they can be submitted remotely.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Schools still open on 09:33 - Mar 18 with 2049 viewshomer_123

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Indeed!

Schools still open on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 2056 viewsGuthrum

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

I’m keen to know the model in which we decide to take these measures. Even an estimate would be nice.

Screams of winging it. Not really giving me much confidence we’re getting this right.

Everybody's winging it. There hasn't been a disease outbreak like this in over a century. Even Spanish Flu was not a completely new illness, meaning a standing start on treatment and prevention measures like we have had. They're assessing infection patterns and curves - affecting policy and procedures - as they go along. We don't even know whether this disease will die out or return next winter. It's been less than three months since this situation started.

There is no estimate because nobody has that information yet.

Schools still open on 09:35 - Mar 18 with 2045 viewshomer_123

Schools still open on 09:14 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

The model has been clearly laid out over the last week callis - what information is missing?

Witty made it clear, for example, that school closures were in the mix a week ago and then over the last 2 days he's been communicating that it's now coming to the fore. Just one example.

It's also not difficult to see that whilst we haven't moved as fast as other Countries out approach is heading in the same broad direction.

Schools still open on 09:41 - Mar 18 with 2035 viewsGuthrum

Schools still open on 09:35 - Mar 18 by homer_123

The model has been clearly laid out over the last week callis - what information is missing?

Witty made it clear, for example, that school closures were in the mix a week ago and then over the last 2 days he's been communicating that it's now coming to the fore. Just one example.

It's also not difficult to see that whilst we haven't moved as fast as other Countries out approach is heading in the same broad direction.

There's an old military adage stating: "No plan survives first contact with the enemy". Things may develop faster, slower - or differently - to what is expected. Flexibility is important, also holding back your reserves until the best moment (but not failing to commit them when it is). The same is true with this situation.

Schools still open on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 2025 viewshomer_123

Schools still open on 09:34 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

Everybody's winging it. There hasn't been a disease outbreak like this in over a century. Even Spanish Flu was not a completely new illness, meaning a standing start on treatment and prevention measures like we have had. They're assessing infection patterns and curves - affecting policy and procedures - as they go along. We don't even know whether this disease will die out or return next winter. It's been less than three months since this situation started.

There is no estimate because nobody has that information yet.

I think the measures they have been taking and plan to take have been broadly, clearly, communicated.

The fact that they need to amend and change is the bit people seem to have an issue with and this is, indeed, down to the fact this is an unknown and therefore flexibility is needed.

The approach due to be taken one day may well not happen or need to change the next.

Schools still open on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 2019 viewshomer_123

Schools still open on 09:41 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

There's an old military adage stating: "No plan survives first contact with the enemy". Things may develop faster, slower - or differently - to what is expected. Flexibility is important, also holding back your reserves until the best moment (but not failing to commit them when it is). The same is true with this situation.

Ha - see my response to yours below! :)

Schools still open on 09:43 - Mar 18 with 2017 viewsFtnfwest

Schools still open on 09:32 - Mar 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

I've been a University lecturer, for the last 18 months now, we stopped all face to face teaching as of this morning.

Its not just the risk of infection now, students are staying away in droves purely because of parents fears of their kids being away from home.

We've moved to online teaching and are adjusting modules to make sure that they can be submitted remotely.

yes Ftnf jnr has stopped face to face i think yesterday or even before (at Uni of Nottingham) and the ones in halls at least have been told them might as well come home at the weekend, so will be picking him up saturday
Schools still open on 10:20 - Mar 18 with 1975 viewsBlueBadger

Evidence is that children appear to be less susceptible to covid-19 than adults whilst potentially also fulfilling their usual role in disease outbreaks as 'supercarriers'..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Schools still open on 10:27 - Mar 18 with 1936 viewsHerbivore

Schools still open on 10:20 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

Evidence is that children appear to be less susceptible to covid-19 than adults whilst potentially also fulfilling their usual role in disease outbreaks as 'supercarriers'..

Thing with kids is even if they are asymptomatic they will still be picking their noses and putting their thumbs in their mouths and touching things. They might spread the virus in a different way to adults but they will still spread it.

Schools still open on 10:35 - Mar 18 with 1908 viewsBlueBadger

Schools still open on 10:27 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Thing with kids is even if they are asymptomatic they will still be picking their noses and putting their thumbs in their mouths and touching things. They might spread the virus in a different way to adults but they will still spread it.

Hence why they're generally regarded as 'super carriers' and why a lot of schools offer flu jabs - not so much to protect the kids, but their potentially vulnerable older(and younger) family members.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Schools still open (n/t) on 10:57 - Mar 18 with 1869 viewsFixed_It

Schools still open on 09:08 - Mar 18 by Fixed_It

I predict schools will be closed by the end of the week. Already have local schools with partial closures due to staff absence (enforced self-isolation). Parents starting to keep kids off for similar reasons. Measures being put in place for remote learning where possible. Clock is tickin.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Schools still open on 11:13 - Mar 18 with 1843 viewsSwansea_Blue

300 kids in my son's school yesterday - they normally have just over a thousand. Looks like they're closing down piecemeal whether the government wants them to or no (mine kids are both off and glued to Minecraft while I post on TW, er I mean "work from home").

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Schools still open on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 1826 viewsIllinoisblue

Ours are shut until April 6th at least. With a strong likelihood they won’t open until September. That is a LOT of family time

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024