Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 10:21 - Mar 24 with 2165 viewsDubtractor

As if there was any doubt...

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 10:25 - Mar 24 with 2112 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ha, I don't think there was any doubt about that.

Edit - There are doubts about whether that's genuine. But there is a video floating around of Martin telling people to look to the government for help - so the message is correct. He is washing his hands of his staff and advising them to apply for jobs in supermarkets instead.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:29]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 10:44 - Mar 24 with 2038 viewsGeoffSentence

I have never liked what I have seen of him, whilst acknowledging that he does run a very slick operation.

This is high end cwntery though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:28 - Mar 24 with 1961 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 10:44 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

I have never liked what I have seen of him, whilst acknowledging that he does run a very slick operation.

This is high end cwntery though.

Edit - changed that as it does seem he's not letting people go, just encouraging them to apply for other jobs.

I thought employers were able to look into the 80% govt subsidies, rather than just letting staff go. Or have I got that wrong?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 12:25]

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 1930 viewsBrixtonBlue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 10:25 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

Edit - There are doubts about whether that's genuine. But there is a video floating around of Martin telling people to look to the government for help - so the message is correct. He is washing his hands of his staff and advising them to apply for jobs in supermarkets instead.

It's genuine. It's come from a union.

Utter scumbag. Everyone should boycott Wetherspoons after this.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 1928 viewsNotSure

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:28 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

Edit - changed that as it does seem he's not letting people go, just encouraging them to apply for other jobs.

I thought employers were able to look into the 80% govt subsidies, rather than just letting staff go. Or have I got that wrong?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 12:25]

The video suggests that he is furloughing all of staff (but only because govt pay 80%) and allowing them to take 2nd jobs.

Paraphrasing can make things sound worse.
I'd watch the 3 minute video before being "outraged" and "disgusted" on social media.

https://metro.co.uk/video/wetherspoons-boss-tim-martin-urges-staff-jobs-tesco-21
Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:37 - Mar 24 with 1919 viewsfooters

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 10:25 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

At least he's washing his hands though.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:49 - Mar 24 with 1862 viewsfactual_blue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:34 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

The implication that people haven't been boycotting 'Spoons for years is quite astonishing.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 11:54]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 12:20 - Mar 24 with 1791 viewsGeoffSentence

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:34 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

but then, the staff will be out of work

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 12:27 - Mar 24 with 1771 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 11:35 - Mar 24 by NotSure

The video suggests that he is furloughing all of staff (but only because govt pay 80%) and allowing them to take 2nd jobs.

Paraphrasing can make things sound worse.
I'd watch the 3 minute video before being "outraged" and "disgusted" on social media.

https://metro.co.uk/video/wetherspoons-boss-tim-martin-urges-staff-jobs-tesco-21

Fair point, I'd scanned the video and missed the bit where he implies staff will be retained. Discussion on what this may or may mean on this other thread -
Furlough Pay by uefacup81 24 Mar 2020 10:20
Morning all

I'm being put on furlough as of this evening, and my company will be utilising the government's 80% pay guarantee.

Does anyone know if this would be affected should I choose to take on a second job to tide me over?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:14 - Mar 24 with 1636 viewstractordownsouth

I won't be drinking in spoons at all after this, he's an utter pr1ck. The majority of employers are great and are struggling just as much as their staff during this crisis, but the likes of Martin are happy for their staff to work their fingers to the bone to earn his millions, yet couldn't give a toss about them when they're struggling. And that's without going into the fact that he has spent the last few years campaigning for policies which will leave his staff worse off.

I do hope that after all of this is over, we will see a proper increase in workers rights and making it a legal requirement to pay the living wage. Among other things, this has shown us that without most of the country supplying its labour, society completely grinds to a halt.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:19 - Mar 24 with 1624 viewsGeoffSentence

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:14 - Mar 24 by tractordownsouth

I won't be drinking in spoons at all after this, he's an utter pr1ck. The majority of employers are great and are struggling just as much as their staff during this crisis, but the likes of Martin are happy for their staff to work their fingers to the bone to earn his millions, yet couldn't give a toss about them when they're struggling. And that's without going into the fact that he has spent the last few years campaigning for policies which will leave his staff worse off.

I do hope that after all of this is over, we will see a proper increase in workers rights and making it a legal requirement to pay the living wage. Among other things, this has shown us that without most of the country supplying its labour, society completely grinds to a halt.

I am pretty sure there will be a big pushback on statuary sick pay and zero hours contracts after this.

There will also be a big bill to pay at the end of it all, and there is no way it can all fall on public service cuts this time, and no way that the public would tolerate further NHS cuts.

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:24 - Mar 24 with 1612 viewstractordownsouth

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:19 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

I am pretty sure there will be a big pushback on statuary sick pay and zero hours contracts after this.

There will also be a big bill to pay at the end of it all, and there is no way it can all fall on public service cuts this time, and no way that the public would tolerate further NHS cuts.

Without meaning to sound as crass and unsensitive as Ian Lavery, who described the virus as an "opportunity" for Labour, I do think it may be damaging electorally for the Tories. Of course the virus isn't a political issue but the past has shown us that previous governments have been punished at the ballot box even if it hasn't been their fault. And as you say, we will probably see a push from the public for better rights at work etc.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 16:07 - Mar 24 with 1574 viewsBlueBadger

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 15:24 - Mar 24 by tractordownsouth

Without meaning to sound as crass and unsensitive as Ian Lavery, who described the virus as an "opportunity" for Labour, I do think it may be damaging electorally for the Tories. Of course the virus isn't a political issue but the past has shown us that previous governments have been punished at the ballot box even if it hasn't been their fault. And as you say, we will probably see a push from the public for better rights at work etc.

As several people have noted, this is the biggest upheaval to daily life since WW2. Which ultimately resulted in a major shift in societal attitudes towards things like health, education and public services in general. I suspect if the Tories decide to go back to their hardline, cut-and-privatise ways when the now germ-free dust settles they may be in for a shock.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 16:26 - Mar 24 with 1529 viewsNotSure

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 16:07 - Mar 24 by BlueBadger

As several people have noted, this is the biggest upheaval to daily life since WW2. Which ultimately resulted in a major shift in societal attitudes towards things like health, education and public services in general. I suspect if the Tories decide to go back to their hardline, cut-and-privatise ways when the now germ-free dust settles they may be in for a shock.

Many people are comparing now to World War 2. But it's wrong.
Nobodies house is getting bombed and it's very unlikely (although will happen) that teenagers and twenty somethings will die.

I think people will be desperate for normality in a few years time, not change.
Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 16:33 - Mar 24 with 1511 viewsBlueBadger

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 16:26 - Mar 24 by NotSure

Many people are comparing now to World War 2. But it's wrong.
Nobodies house is getting bombed and it's very unlikely (although will happen) that teenagers and twenty somethings will die.

I think people will be desperate for normality in a few years time, not change.

Whilst no-one is bombing houses, the Lufwaffe didn't tend to follow you home then kill your neighbour two weeks later.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:25 - Mar 24 with 1439 viewsMarinerisGod

NFN

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:28 - Mar 24 with 1430 viewsmonytowbray

When the coronavirus museum displays are on at national Museums I hope they paint these crooks as the true t0ssers they are.

I hope history is not kind to them. Hell, I hope the immediate future isn't either. All this news is making me pro-death penalty.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:38 - Mar 24 with 1413 viewspeterleeblue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:28 - Mar 24 by monytowbray

When the coronavirus museum displays are on at national Museums I hope they paint these crooks as the true t0ssers they are.

I hope history is not kind to them. Hell, I hope the immediate future isn't either. All this news is making me pro-death penalty.

I had a phone call today from a property sleuth asking a bout a particular premises that I have been struggling to make an income from. He noted it may be empty and would my company be prepared to sell as he knew that we would need to realise cash to support the business.
There are still people out there thinking only of making money. There are some real oxygen thieves and scum out there I am afraid.
Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:41 - Mar 24 with 1398 viewsmonytowbray

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:38 - Mar 24 by peterleeblue

I had a phone call today from a property sleuth asking a bout a particular premises that I have been struggling to make an income from. He noted it may be empty and would my company be prepared to sell as he knew that we would need to realise cash to support the business.
There are still people out there thinking only of making money. There are some real oxygen thieves and scum out there I am afraid.

Well the answer when all this is over is direct action. Name and shame. We can ensure they never make a living again.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:43 - Mar 24 with 1392 viewspeterleeblue

Tim Martin is an utter turd part 673 on 17:41 - Mar 24 by monytowbray

Well the answer when all this is over is direct action. Name and shame. We can ensure they never make a living again.

Probably wouldn't disagree with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024