Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? 09:58 - Mar 26 with 3581 viewsBrixtonBlue

Must be hard if a family of 4 for example are having pie and mash for dinner... but you can only buy two pies.

I came a cropper myself - wanted to get some energy drinks (I drink the natural energy one Tenzing rather than the chemical filled Red Bull or the crappy Tesco one). Thing is, Tenzing only comes individually. So while I could only buy two of them, I could get 12 cans of the crappy Tesco one. Bit annoying.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:01 - Mar 26 with 2401 viewsLord_Lucan

I think we just have to roll with it, worse things happen than having different flavoured pies. The difficult thing though is if you are shopping for an elderly neighbour or two at the same time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:04 - Mar 26 with 2376 viewssparks

Given that delivery and collection slots are now at least two weeks away, the answer is "with great difficulty".

There is also a real tension between the edict to avoid stockpiling, and the idea we should go out as infrequently as possible - especially where no deliveries or click and collect slots are available.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:05 - Mar 26 with 2370 viewsNewcyBlue

Seb loves chicken pie. I make it for him fresh.

Homemade pastry. Homemade sauce. Just get fresh organic free range chicken and fresh veg.

People are probably cooking more. Or buying more frozen multipacks of ready made stuff.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:07 - Mar 26 with 2359 viewsNewcyBlue

Never tried Tenzing. I only really take caffeine in my preworkout. Does it give you a caffeine buzz?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 2352 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:07 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Never tried Tenzing. I only really take caffeine in my preworkout. Does it give you a caffeine buzz?

Yeah, it's just an energy drink but made with natural ingredients. Pricier than the rest but worth it IMO.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:10 - Mar 26 with 2347 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:01 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

I think we just have to roll with it, worse things happen than having different flavoured pies. The difficult thing though is if you are shopping for an elderly neighbour or two at the same time.

I think you can only have 2 of any one type of product, so different flavours doesn't work. It's 2 pies and that's that.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:10 - Mar 26 with 2343 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:09 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, it's just an energy drink but made with natural ingredients. Pricier than the rest but worth it IMO.

Just looked on Amazon. You can get a 12 pack delivered tomorrow for £14.28

24 pack for £23.94.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:11 - Mar 26 with 2339 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:05 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Seb loves chicken pie. I make it for him fresh.

Homemade pastry. Homemade sauce. Just get fresh organic free range chicken and fresh veg.

People are probably cooking more. Or buying more frozen multipacks of ready made stuff.

Pies was just an example. There must be lots of things, including non-food, that a big family will need more than 2 of?

Login to get fewer ads

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:12 - Mar 26 with 2336 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:10 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Just looked on Amazon. You can get a 12 pack delivered tomorrow for £14.28

24 pack for £23.94.

Yeah it's cheaper on Amazon than in Tescos. I might have to start getting it delivered.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:12 - Mar 26 with 2337 viewsSwansea_Blue

No problems so far; I can't remember us needing to use a supermarket since this all started. Swansea's got a large food market and the stalls are working together to arrange deliveries. We've done that a couple of times. We still use a milkman an the also delivers a whole bunch of stuff. We didn't stockup and we've been fin. We've even got toilet tolls left!

Run out of booze though! But I'm deliberately not replacing that as a break will be a good thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:15 - Mar 26 with 2316 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:12 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah it's cheaper on Amazon than in Tescos. I might have to start getting it delivered.

Based purely on your recommendation I’m going to buy a 24 pack and give it a go. I’ll take a can out on my daily bike ride.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:15 - Mar 26 with 2312 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, especially difficult for families who don’t have great cooking experience/ability.
How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:17 - Mar 26 with 2309 viewssparks

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:15 - Mar 26 by JakeITFC

Yes, especially difficult for families who don’t have great cooking experience/ability.

Even if you do cook- if the interval is two weeks between deliveries, you need more than 2 or 3 of many items. Milk for instance. Toilet roll! Baked beans - if thats the kids favourite. Packs of chicken, or quorn etc etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:20 - Mar 26 with 2295 viewsSwansea_Blue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:17 - Mar 26 by sparks

Even if you do cook- if the interval is two weeks between deliveries, you need more than 2 or 3 of many items. Milk for instance. Toilet roll! Baked beans - if thats the kids favourite. Packs of chicken, or quorn etc etc.

A local butcher who delivers is the answer (granted, more expensive and so not an option for some). Newsagent/corner shops types are also staying open for tinned goods. And a milkman.

I think half the problem is that people have been conditioned to only shopping in supermarkets. We rarely use them, maybe once every 4-6 weeks for some dried goods and that's about it.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:21 - Mar 26 with 2292 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:17 - Mar 26 by sparks

Jack Monroe is doing some absolutely superb stuff on Twitter at 1700hrs.

People tweet her with photos of the tins of stuff they have lying around and she gives them a recipe.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:24 - Mar 26 with 2274 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:15 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Based purely on your recommendation I’m going to buy a 24 pack and give it a go. I’ll take a can out on my daily bike ride.

Ha. Maybe you should buy one first rather than 24! Must admit they're hard to find in the shops though. Hope you like it!

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:26 - Mar 26 with 2264 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:24 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Ha. Maybe you should buy one first rather than 24! Must admit they're hard to find in the shops though. Hope you like it!

If it’s rank I am blaming you and will offer them out to passers by to see if other people have tastebuds that are as damaged as yours!

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:28 - Mar 26 with 2259 viewsBrixtonBlue

Last count you had 51 toilet rolls!

Them, and baked beans, come in packs, so you ought to be alright there.

I have found that I've been travelling to the supermarket more than I ever used to, which seems to be defeating the point of isolation!

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:28 - Mar 26 with 2260 viewsitfcjoe

When I've shopped they haven't been that strict anhywhere - got 4 bottles of squash yesterday as the normal big double concentrate ones were out and the little single concentrate ones last 5 minutes and wasn't questioned or queried

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:35 - Mar 26 with 2220 viewsGlasgowBlue

Make everything from fresh and drink squash rather than energy drinks. We’ve got a pot of chilli and curry ready for freezing which will last a fair while.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:40 - Mar 26 with 2192 viewssparks

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:28 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Last count you had 51 toilet rolls!

Them, and baked beans, come in packs, so you ought to be alright there.

I have found that I've been travelling to the supermarket more than I ever used to, which seems to be defeating the point of isolation!

I am trying very hard not to make regular shopping trips.

Shops seem to me to be the perfect place for transmission. People push past, people lurk together at the end of aisles, everything on the shelf has been handled by others as well as checkouts, baskets etc etc.

Its stuff like milk and bread which is problematic- and i am acutely conscious that this lockdown could well get more lockdowny before it eases.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:59 - Mar 26 with 2131 viewsBlueBadger

The last thing anyone needs right now Dollers, is energy drinks to fill you full of bounce, sugar, chemicals, paranoia and sleep deprivation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 11:19 - Mar 26 with 2103 viewsSWGF

Don't buy individual pies. Buy two bigger ones then you can feed the family of four for much longer.

There, solved it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 11:23 - Mar 26 with 2083 viewsSwansea_Blue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 11:19 - Mar 26 by SWGF

Don't buy individual pies. Buy two bigger ones then you can feed the family of four for much longer.

There, solved it.

We manage with just the one

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 12:13 - Mar 26 with 2029 viewsJ2BLUE

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:28 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

When I've shopped they haven't been that strict anhywhere - got 4 bottles of squash yesterday as the normal big double concentrate ones were out and the little single concentrate ones last 5 minutes and wasn't questioned or queried

I put 4 bottles of Pepsi Max in my basket and was told I could only have 3.

Didn't occur to me that things like that, in plentiful supply, would be rationed. I put one back without incident.

I know, I know. Cool story.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024