Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is everyone finding the new normal? 09:24 - Mar 30 with 10486 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not struggling too much with it, family enough to keep me busy - and little work to keep on top off so managing that side quite easily

Days feel long though, hard to motivate without the distractions of going out at any point and no time pressures.

Started running again yesterday, will try and alternate between a run and home workout every day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:44 - Mar 30 with 2797 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Ok at the moment. Gardening far from any human contact, so at least able to be out in the Suffolk countryside and earning a bob or two. Mrs Pinewood works in healthcare so is also extremely busy. Catching up on stuff we had intended to watch over winter and didn’t get round to it. Red wine consumption up somewhat though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:46 - Mar 30 with 2795 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 09:40 - Mar 30 by giant_stow

"days feel long" - yes.

I also ruined mrs ullaa's birthday 'party' last night by a rotten mood* Need to make it up to her.

*In fairness, I found out a loose acquaintance passed away aged 34 from a heart attack while his mrs was in the James Paggett giving birth to his 3rd child. choker whether you know him or not.

What a terrible sequence of events. Awful.

Is that Gt Yarmouth?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:48 - Mar 30 with 2780 viewsfooters

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:46 - Mar 30 by Tangledupin_Blue

Is that Gt Yarmouth?

Gorleston. My little cousin is working there as a nurse atm.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 2772 viewsWestover

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:34 - Mar 30 by itfcjoe

I hope you've at least got a bit of sun, a decent outdoor space and a good wi fi connection to help soften the blow - as does sound a very lonely existence out there, best of luck to you.

Yes I have thanks and a nice terrace but forecast is rain for the next two days, I miss the bars but still go for nice walks.
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 2772 viewsBluespeed225

Yesterday was a long one. I'd fitted soffitt boards Fir/Sat, scooter ride out cancelled, weather lousy anyway, Mrs Bluespeed at home, shes not out doing her usual stuff, so looking for jobs for me! I now have a list...I've never looked forward to early shifts so much!
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:51 - Mar 30 with 2765 viewsgiant_stow

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:40 - Mar 30 by EdwardStone

Blimey Mr Ulla, what a dreadful state of affairs

How the hell do you cope with new baby and partner's death all on the same day??

Condolences

Its tragic innit. Him and his mrs were literally in the same hospital.

I only met him a few times, but he was a lovely cheerful bloke. life's cruel sometimes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 2757 viewsgiant_stow

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:46 - Mar 30 by Tangledupin_Blue

Is that Gt Yarmouth?

Yeah, lived in Caister.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 2751 viewsgiant_stow

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:48 - Mar 30 by footers

Sorry - I forget they're different places sometimes.

Login to get fewer ads

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:53 - Mar 30 with 2746 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:48 - Mar 30 by footers

Yeah. My housemate goes there for clinical waste. She calls it Yarmouth.

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:55 - Mar 30 with 2737 viewsWestover

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 10:42 - Mar 30 by Swailsey

Cripes, that's unfortunate. All the best to you.

Cheers, the good thing is I'm picking strawberry's every other day on the terrace.🍓
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 2719 viewsDebsyAngel

Not coping at all. Staying in most of the time, but trying to get out once a fortnight on an hours' walk in place of when i would have normally walked to my parents. Also going into town to get essentials that nearby shops do not have, but just doing it once a week, which is not different to before all this happened.

I am extremely anxious as I get symptoms that are identical to the virus but have had them on and off for 13 months now, and could well be anxiety, allergies, hormones. I haven't a dry cough or a continuous one but sometimes get a bit of a phlegmy cough, and clearing my throat.

I am utterly sickened that next door are still gallivanting about like nothing has changed. The police have once more, done NOTHING when we reported it last week and they go out several times a day. Why are those idiots ALWAYS exempt from being punished.

I am trying to get on with normal cleaning stuff and chores and playing my music but I find I do spend too long on certain news sites looking at EVERY bit of news on this virus. I need to stop this.
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:02 - Mar 30 with 2709 viewsSteve_M

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 09:57 - Mar 30 by itfcjoe

If you try and get into running, the couch to 5k is really good - feels a bit slow at first but really helps build up the base levels of fitness and endurance for both the body and the lungs so is worth persisting with.

I'm enjoying the quiet weekends, am really missing football though - quite fortunate we have a lot of nice walks straight from my front door but is difficult with kids being at an age they don't understand things. Eldest always wants to go into the shop when we go there to get essentials, wants to go to the park when we walk past but can't because it's shut, etc.

I've done a couple of virtual pints which have been better than I thought they would, podcast recording tonight too which is similar.

Not sure it's possible to have the balance between time on own and time with family etc so we probably all crave at times what the others have!

Yes, saw you had been doing that. I think I need a structured approach rather than just thinking I can build up easily to running a kilometre in four minutes like I could 10 years ago.

It's only been just over three weeks without football, really feels a lot longer than that doesn't it? Assuming we play out the rest of the season then those end of season games will be more enjoyable than otherwise just for taking place.

Nope, definitely no balance at the moment on that last point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:06 - Mar 30 with 2698 viewsSWGF

I work from home in any case, so that part isn't an issue.

I'm shït at DIY and hate gardening so can't help in that regard....

Jos Buttler's wife ruined me after three days of her pilates! Will restart cycling when the wind dies down a bit (can't be bothered with pedalling DOWNHILL...it's the only time I get a rest!).

Haven't had a drink since NYE and Bristol Rovers away was due to put the end to that, so can't rely on that to numb any pain. On a diet so can't comfort eat.

With the kids having similar structures with their schoolwork, days are blending into one another. We're only 100yds from the Rec so they can run about and blow a few cobwebs away at the end of every day without any contact with anyone else.

Have purchased an open-world PS4 game to while away a few hours.

My old man is the one I'm concerned about. He's 87 this week and I'm doing shopping etc for him, but he used to watch Sky Sports *all* the time; any type of live football (Prem to non-league, Scotland), the darts, cricket, etc. There's only so much of your day you can build around The Chase. At least I have company. I go to see him once every couple of days, from a distance.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:09]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:07 - Mar 30 with 2676 viewsSwailsey

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:06 - Mar 30 by SWGF

Jos Buttler's wife ruined me after three days of her pilates! Will restart cycling when the wind dies down a bit (can't be bothered with pedalling DOWNHILL...it's the only time I get a rest!).

Haven't had a drink since NYE and Bristol Rovers away was due to put the end to that, so can't rely on that to numb any pain. On a diet so can't comfort eat.

With the kids having similar structures with their schoolwork, days are blending into one another. We're only 100yds from the Rec so they can run about and blow a few cobwebs away at the end of every day without any contact with anyone else.

My old man is the one I'm concerned about. He's 87 this week and I'm doing shopping etc for him, but he used to watch Sky Sports *all* the time; any type of live football (Prem to non-league, Scotland), the darts, cricket, etc. There's only so much of your day you can build around The Chase. At least I have company. I go to see him once every couple of days, from a distance.

Which game?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:10 - Mar 30 with 2664 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:01 - Mar 30 by DebsyAngel

Not coping at all. Staying in most of the time, but trying to get out once a fortnight on an hours' walk in place of when i would have normally walked to my parents. Also going into town to get essentials that nearby shops do not have, but just doing it once a week, which is not different to before all this happened.

I am extremely anxious as I get symptoms that are identical to the virus but have had them on and off for 13 months now, and could well be anxiety, allergies, hormones. I haven't a dry cough or a continuous one but sometimes get a bit of a phlegmy cough, and clearing my throat.

I am utterly sickened that next door are still gallivanting about like nothing has changed. The police have once more, done NOTHING when we reported it last week and they go out several times a day. Why are those idiots ALWAYS exempt from being punished.

I am trying to get on with normal cleaning stuff and chores and playing my music but I find I do spend too long on certain news sites looking at EVERY bit of news on this virus. I need to stop this.

You have a lot of friends on this forum.

Do you have family on WhatsApp? We've a big family WhatsApp groups and are constantly in touch with general chat and even doing daft things like 'I spy' and other kids amusements. In any case think of TWTD as wider family.

Don't let the neighbours get you down but do try to keep your distance from them.

I love my music, too. Listen all the time. No tv in the house. What are you into?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:13]

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:10 - Mar 30 with 2662 viewsSWGF

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:07 - Mar 30 by Swailsey

Which game?

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I quite liked the first one. This one didn't get great reviews but it was £16 on Playstation Store

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:11 - Mar 30 with 2660 viewsfactual_blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:06 - Mar 30 by SWGF

I'd recommend Bargain Hunt.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:19 - Mar 30 with 2636 viewsSwailsey

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:10 - Mar 30 by SWGF

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I quite liked the first one. This one didn't get great reviews but it was £16 on Playstation Store

Added to the ever growing list, thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:22 - Mar 30 with 2628 viewsWeWereZombies

Sad to hear of your not coping so well, Debsy. You are allowed to go out once a day, every day, though. I know you are probably worried about other people getting too close but my significant other goes out early morning when there are less people about. I do worry about her (we are six hundred miles apart at the moment) because there are less people around when she is on a long canal side walk (but she keeps on seeing animals she would not normally see due to the quieter surroundings now so I get pictures sent of muntjacs, nesting grebes and - bit of debate on this one - a mink or a stoat). If you have someone at home then they can either accompany you or know when you are due back.

Take care now.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:27 - Mar 30 with 2609 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:22 - Mar 30 by WeWereZombies

Sad to hear of your not coping so well, Debsy. You are allowed to go out once a day, every day, though. I know you are probably worried about other people getting too close but my significant other goes out early morning when there are less people about. I do worry about her (we are six hundred miles apart at the moment) because there are less people around when she is on a long canal side walk (but she keeps on seeing animals she would not normally see due to the quieter surroundings now so I get pictures sent of muntjacs, nesting grebes and - bit of debate on this one - a mink or a stoat). If you have someone at home then they can either accompany you or know when you are due back.

Take care now.

Had a row with my sister the day before lockdown. Have scheduled in a hug for about July. Wish we could do so now...

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:28 - Mar 30 with 2605 viewsSWGF

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:11 - Mar 30 by factual_blue

I'd recommend Bargain Hunt.

Thanks Marcus

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:29 - Mar 30 with 2596 viewspeterleeblue

Stay away from the news. I watch the 10pm bulletin and that's it.
If the symptoms have been with you 13 months its unlikely CV. Can you get tested?

As others have suggested try and set up a group amongst your friends / family on Whats-app.

I intend to focus on my Music / Books / Exercise. I am going to cook as healthily as I can.

Stay Safe
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:31 - Mar 30 with 2586 viewsDebsyAngel

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:10 - Mar 30 by Tangledupin_Blue

You have a lot of friends on this forum.

Do you have family on WhatsApp? We've a big family WhatsApp groups and are constantly in touch with general chat and even doing daft things like 'I spy' and other kids amusements. In any case think of TWTD as wider family.

Don't let the neighbours get you down but do try to keep your distance from them.

I love my music, too. Listen all the time. No tv in the house. What are you into?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:13]

I am really appreciating the support on here, and very grateful.

Sadly none of my family are online. The best I can do is phone my parents, and we take turns to call each other. I am on Facebook and chat daily to my friends on there and a lot of them are being so great at the moment.

I have my husband here and he is working from home but he is not happy as he can barely concentrate because of the constant screaming and yelling from next door. We just cannot ignore them as they are SO noisy ALL the time or whamming doors and going in and out.

Music is the one thing that keeps me sane, but a lot is bittersweet at the moment as reminds me of happy times when I was younger and never had any ill health or problems.

We do watch a bit of telly, but not that much. Stuff we have recorded from months ago we are working our way through, like "Back In Time" with Sara Cox, EastEnders, old Top OF The Pops and other music shows on BBC4, The Chase, Pointless, Casualty and loving Now 70s.

Music wise, mostly early 80s and late 70s stuff, new wave, punk, two tone, and Abba :D Have a lot of Mixcloud shows to listen to as well, a lot of my friends do shows on there.
What music do you like?
How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:42 - Mar 30 with 2561 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:31 - Mar 30 by DebsyAngel

I am really appreciating the support on here, and very grateful.

Sadly none of my family are online. The best I can do is phone my parents, and we take turns to call each other. I am on Facebook and chat daily to my friends on there and a lot of them are being so great at the moment.

I have my husband here and he is working from home but he is not happy as he can barely concentrate because of the constant screaming and yelling from next door. We just cannot ignore them as they are SO noisy ALL the time or whamming doors and going in and out.

Music is the one thing that keeps me sane, but a lot is bittersweet at the moment as reminds me of happy times when I was younger and never had any ill health or problems.

We do watch a bit of telly, but not that much. Stuff we have recorded from months ago we are working our way through, like "Back In Time" with Sara Cox, EastEnders, old Top OF The Pops and other music shows on BBC4, The Chase, Pointless, Casualty and loving Now 70s.

Music wise, mostly early 80s and late 70s stuff, new wave, punk, two tone, and Abba :D Have a lot of Mixcloud shows to listen to as well, a lot of my friends do shows on there.
What music do you like?

All sorts. I have a play list of about 7,000 tracks and have them on random selection.

About 500 each of classical, folk, jazz.

A lot of pop, rock, metal etc from sixties onwards.

Buy my real passion is for blues music from recent times all through the decades back to the 1920s.

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:45 - Mar 30 with 2538 viewsSWGF

How is everyone finding the new normal? on 11:19 - Mar 30 by Swailsey

Added to the ever growing list, thanks.

Think it's that price for another couple of days (along with the original). Far Cry 5 is also £13

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024