Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS Nightingale 23:08 - Mar 30 with 3858 viewsStokieBlue

Quite an incredible achievement, a 4000+ bed hospital which is going to be ready in roughly a week.

An incredible effort from everyone involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52092253

SB
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 23:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

NHS Nightingale on 11:50 - Mar 31 with 1060 viewsSwansea_Blue

NHS Nightingale on 11:36 - Mar 31 by sparks

In fairness- this is about ICU beds not beds as a whole, which is a different (though connected) matter.

It is, and that article also touches on those. We're well down on those too (as you'd expect given the approach to push 'efficiency' over anything else).

As I say, I think this is great for London - we can only look on enviously from this side of the country where our incident rate in some areas is higher than in London and we have an older population too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS Nightingale on 11:51 - Mar 31 with 1056 viewssparks

NHS Nightingale on 11:41 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

Just to add, we'd welcome something like this in Wales. We've about 170-180 critical care beds for the whole of Wales. Bangor, where people were flocking to the nearby Snowdonia in there thousands just over a week ago, has 6 ICU beds apparently.

But we have been testing NHS frontline staff for a couple of weeks now.

Sounds like they are setting up a centre in Cardiff...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

NHS Nightingale on 11:54 - Mar 31 with 1050 viewsSwansea_Blue

NHS Nightingale on 11:51 - Mar 31 by sparks

Sounds like they are setting up a centre in Cardiff...

Getting there eventually. Our leisure centre is going to be converted to deal with non-Covid 19 issues too I think, to free up the main hospital.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS Nightingale on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 1045 viewssparks

NHS Nightingale on 11:54 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

Getting there eventually. Our leisure centre is going to be converted to deal with non-Covid 19 issues too I think, to free up the main hospital.

London is very much the epicentre- so tthat was a reaosnable first priority I think. Though S.Wales appears to be something of a hotspot too.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

NHS Nightingale on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 1035 viewshampstead_blue

NHS Nightingale on 11:56 - Mar 31 by sparks

London is very much the epicentre- so tthat was a reaosnable first priority I think. Though S.Wales appears to be something of a hotspot too.

South Wales? It's probably the most populated part of Wales so makes sense.

My middle son is posted in South Wales and is on 24 hours notice to move for civil contingency.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

NHS Nightingale on 12:16 - Mar 31 with 1017 viewsBloomBlue

NHS Nightingale on 11:50 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

It is, and that article also touches on those. We're well down on those too (as you'd expect given the approach to push 'efficiency' over anything else).

As I say, I think this is great for London - we can only look on enviously from this side of the country where our incident rate in some areas is higher than in London and we have an older population too.

Not sure I really understand where it stops / starts but health in Wales is the responsibility of the Welsh government correct?
But in a situation like the current one does the UK government supersede it or are all those decisions like building a new 'Nightingale' hospital in Cardiff totally the responsibility of the Welsh government ?
NHS Nightingale on 12:24 - Mar 31 with 1000 viewsgiant_stow

NHS Nightingale on 10:36 - Mar 31 by sparks

Why is this budgie troll still here?

I realise I carry no weight, but I would miss Elephant's posts - they cover ground no one else is willing to, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in this case).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NHS Nightingale on 12:26 - Mar 31 with 995 viewsStokieBlue

NHS Nightingale on 12:24 - Mar 31 by giant_stow

I realise I carry no weight, but I would miss Elephant's posts - they cover ground no one else is willing to, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in this case).

Really?

He's posted some awful stuff on here and is almost always wrong. The worst one off the top of my head was when he defended clinics in the UK offering "cures" to autism.

Cures!

It wasn't just scientifically illiterate it was offensive to some posters in that thread.

SB
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 12:27]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

NHS Nightingale on 12:28 - Mar 31 with 982 viewsgiant_stow

NHS Nightingale on 12:26 - Mar 31 by StokieBlue

Really?

He's posted some awful stuff on here and is almost always wrong. The worst one off the top of my head was when he defended clinics in the UK offering "cures" to autism.

Cures!

It wasn't just scientifically illiterate it was offensive to some posters in that thread.

SB

I didn't see that one and that does sound crap, but I think there should be room for people to spout sh1t - most on here are bright enough to self-filter out the dud posts.

And they're not all bad - Elephant has actually been bang on the money about the weaknesses of the NHS going into this, for example.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 12:28]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NHS Nightingale on 12:28 - Mar 31 with 980 viewsfooters

Really?

Cures!

SB

It's almost as if he posts in a contrary manner to get a reaction.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

NHS Nightingale on 12:28 - Mar 31 with 982 viewsLord_Lucan

Really?

Cures!

SB

Who was that other nutter who was vocal on here recently but suddenly disappeared?

I can't remember his name but he's vanished.

I wonder if they are one and the same.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

NHS Nightingale on 12:38 - Mar 31 with 957 viewsjeera

NHS Nightingale on 09:58 - Mar 31 by NewcyBlue

Let’s hope the oxygen thief that is Farage sees this

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

NHS Nightingale on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 945 viewsjeera

NHS Nightingale on 12:28 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Who was that other nutter who was vocal on here recently but suddenly disappeared?

HurleyBurley?

You mean Dr_Earman. Turned out to be a right numpty who came on one evening just abusing everyone on various threads for no reason.

NHS Nightingale on 13:04 - Mar 31 with 915 viewsNewcyBlue

NHS Nightingale on 12:38 - Mar 31 by jeera

I hope Farage is treated by doctors who aren’t white British and looked after by nurses and HCAs who aren’t white British.

I hope that he’s treated by many different nationalities.

I hope he hates every moment of it because it will prove just how much of a tosser he is.

I wouldn’t pee on him if he was on fire.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

NHS Nightingale on 13:19 - Mar 31 with 896 viewsjeera

NHS Nightingale on 13:04 - Mar 31 by NewcyBlue

I hope Farage is treated by doctors who aren’t white British and looked after by nurses and HCAs who aren’t white British.

I hope he hates every moment of it because it will prove just how much of a tosser he is.

I'd rather he saw the error of his ways and publicly apologised for the damage he's done.

And gave all his money away to charity.

And became a monk.

NHS Nightingale on 13:30 - Mar 31 with 882 viewsLord_Lucan

NHS Nightingale on 12:44 - Mar 31 by jeera

HurleyBurley?

You mean Dr_Earman. Turned out to be a right numpty who came on one evening just abusing everyone on various threads for no reason.

No, I can't recall Hurley Burley but I did witness DrEarman go insane one night.

Neither of them though, the bloke I am thinking of was slightly to the left of Michael Foot on a bad day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

NHS Nightingale on 13:31 - Mar 31 with 879 viewsgiant_stow

NHS Nightingale on 13:30 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

No, I can't recall Hurley Burley but I did witness DrEarman go insane one night.

Neither of them though, the bloke I am thinking of was slightly to the left of Michael Foot on a bad day.

Zed Rogers?

NHS Nightingale on 13:35 - Mar 31 with 872 viewsLord_Lucan

NHS Nightingale on 13:31 - Mar 31 by giant_stow

Zed Rogers?

No.

I actually know Zed very well.

NHS Nightingale on 13:39 - Mar 31 with 863 viewsSpruceMoose

NHS Nightingale on 13:35 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

No.

I actually know Zed very well.

Tell him to return! He has a fan club on here!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

NHS Nightingale on 13:40 - Mar 31 with 860 viewsjeera

NHS Nightingale on 13:39 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

Yeah I like Zed.

Seems a decent kind of chap.

NHS Nightingale on 13:41 - Mar 31 with 860 viewsEnigma_Blue

NHS Nightingale on 13:04 - Mar 31 by NewcyBlue

I am no fan of Farage or his policies but your attitude towards him seem overly aggressive. Should you not be saving the vitriol for people who really deserve it, like murders, rapists & paedophiles.

I doubt he would mind being treated by doctors & nurses who aren't white seeing he was happy for ethnic minorities to join his UKIP & Brexit parties.

Farage has a different view to you and I and many people but we can still respect their right to have those views and opinions even if we don't agree with them. It's called tolerance.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:43]
NHS Nightingale on 13:55 - Mar 31 with 838 viewsfooters

NHS Nightingale on 13:39 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

No hairy chest, no entry.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

NHS Nightingale on 13:58 - Mar 31 with 825 viewsGlasgowBlue

NHS Nightingale on 12:28 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Harry?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

NHS Nightingale on 14:00 - Mar 31 with 820 viewsjeera

NHS Nightingale on 13:41 - Mar 31 by Enigma_Blue

I am no fan of Farage or his policies but your attitude towards him seem overly aggressive. Should you not be saving the vitriol for people who really deserve it, like murders, rapists & paedophiles.

I doubt he would mind being treated by doctors & nurses who aren't white seeing he was happy for ethnic minorities to join his UKIP & Brexit parties.

Farage has a different view to you and I and many people but we can still respect their right to have those views and opinions even if we don't agree with them. It's called tolerance.

Farage's views are based on intolerance.

Don't be so soft.

NHS Nightingale on 14:17 - Mar 31 with 801 viewsNewcyBlue

NHS Nightingale on 13:41 - Mar 31 by Enigma_Blue

No, he’s racist. He’s as bad as the murders and rapists etc.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024