Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ooof 07:36 - Apr 1 with 1521 viewsThe_Major

Poor old Robert Jenrick. He drew the short straw to do the interviews this morning, and Kay Burley has just eviscerated him on Sky News. If you can find the interview, watch it.

And then there's the front page which demands answers from Ministers about the testing "shambles" and is very critical indeed of the Government. And the front page isn't that of the Mirror or the Guardian, but the Mail?!

The mood is turning. Assuming Starmer wins the Labour contest, I foresee a National Government if only to share the blame...
Ooof on 07:55 - Apr 1 with 1451 viewsHerbivore

Why are The Mail surprised that when they champion a bunch of liars, incompetents and charlatans that they've ended up with a bunch of liars, incompetents and charlatans? You reap what you sow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ooof on 07:59 - Apr 1 with 1442 viewsgiant_stow

Did he say whether the nurses have all got their ppe yet?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ooof on 09:44 - Apr 1 with 1354 viewsfactual_blue

Where's the secretary of state for health when you need him? If there were to be a coalition govt, Starmer would - I think make sure the tories keep the jobs that will do badly in this. An excellent opportunity to bury forever priti 'I'm not a bully'* patel though.

*She is.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ooof on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 1320 viewsfactual_blue

Ooof on 07:59 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

tory ministers get confused about PPE. They think it's the Oxford Philosophy Politics and Economics degree many of them have (it's in many instances media studies for posh kids).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ooof on 13:33 - Apr 10 with 1179 viewsPinewoodblue

Not so poor Robert Jenrick. Been caught out twice now not following his own advice.

He is MP for Newark, where he apparently claims, on expenses, £2,000 a month to rent a property . He also owns a house in London, his wife works in .London. He was caught delivering medical and food supplies to his parents in Shropshire. He defends his actions saying it was an essential journey and only 40 miles from home.

Seems home isn’t where he lives in London, nor the home taxpayers pay for near Newark, but what he calls his family home in Herefordshire.

While those in a position of authority continue to twist the rules to suit them are permitted to do so is it little wonder that a minority in the populous feel they can do so to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ooof on 13:35 - Apr 10 with 1170 viewssparks

Hancock has outright fibbed on that subject, it seems to me. There as an initial glitch which was sorted- supposedly- weeks ago.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Ooof on 13:41 - Apr 10 with 1139 viewsEdwardStone

Ooof on 13:33 - Apr 10 by Pinewoodblue

Not so poor Robert Jenrick. Been caught out twice now not following his own advice.

He is MP for Newark, where he apparently claims, on expenses, £2,000 a month to rent a property . He also owns a house in London, his wife works in .London. He was caught delivering medical and food supplies to his parents in Shropshire. He defends his actions saying it was an essential journey and only 40 miles from home.

Seems home isn’t where he lives in London, nor the home taxpayers pay for near Newark, but what he calls his family home in Herefordshire.

While those in a position of authority continue to twist the rules to suit them are permitted to do so is it little wonder that a minority in the populous feel they can do so to.

Jenrick is MP for Newark, you say?? How very apt

Newark is the only town in the UK that is an anagram of W*nker
Ooof on 17:31 - Apr 10 with 1001 viewsDouble_Dutch

The correct answer is of course, no, not just PPE either!
Login to get fewer ads

Ooof on 18:21 - Apr 10 with 949 viewsTIB

Ooof on 13:33 - Apr 10 by Pinewoodblue

As a resident of Newark his expenses and homes have a bone of contention for a while. I believe the house here is just outside Newark in a very nice town called Southwell, this being rented to a close friend.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Ooof on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 933 viewsmonytowbray

Ooof on 18:21 - Apr 10 by TIB

As a resident of Newark his expenses and homes have a bone of contention for a while. I believe the house here is just outside Newark in a very nice town called Southwell, this being rented to a close friend.

Set fire to them. Problem solved.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ooof on 20:50 - Apr 10 with 867 viewsPinewoodblue

Ooof on 18:21 - Apr 10 by TIB

Possibly explains a lot. Didn’t think there could be many houses in the area rented out for £2,000.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 20:50]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ooof on 20:55 - Apr 10 with 843 viewsTIB

Ooof on 20:50 - Apr 10 by Pinewoodblue

Possibly explains a lot. Didn’t think there could be many houses in the area rented out for £2,000.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 20:50]

No. My neighbours showed me some big document showing me all his expenses a year or so ago, highlighting this house in question and I guess it’s common knowledge around town now. He’s rarely here though which makes sense as I didn’t realise his “home home” was in Herefordshire.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024