Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... 17:28 - Apr 2 with 2774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....and he still has his badge so it will all be fine.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:00 - Apr 3 with 1132 viewsStokieBlue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 08:35 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

She's an absolute f*ckwit.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:09 - Apr 3 with 1119 viewsCoachRob

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 08:53 - Apr 3 by StokieBlue

That's not entirely fair.

This is costing the country (and every other country) an awful lot, it's just that there is no other choice and it has to be done and we will worry about paying for it later on. The Tories just did what was basically called a Labour budget and yet incorporating this spending increases the borrowing of that budget by at least 3 times and possibly quite a lot more:

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/14771

It's not the same as spending this much money under normal circumstances. However you are right that after this hopefully investment in the public services will increase.

Heard an interesting study this morning that work patterns are likely to change after this and thus spending on trains and road could possibly be less and more could be spent on public services.

There will be a lot of changes after this, most of it for the better.

SB

"Hopefully the Covid-19 outbreak will be behind us, but the tax and spend trade-offs facing policy makers will be made more stark for years, and more likely for decades, as they strive to bring debt back down over the longer-term."

Do you think the IFS are calling for pro-cyclical austerity there?
Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:18 - Apr 3 with 1109 viewsBloomBlue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 08:29 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

I didn't see the effort yesterday. About 8-9 days ago we were being told that they'd secured millions of antibody tests and many millions more were on the way. That we'd be able to buy them in places like Boots and Amazon in a matter of days, not weeks.

Did he have an update on that? Have those first millions they said they had even been sent out, as I haven't heard a peep since?

The update was the first ones weren't successful, not surprised as some of them came from China 'pay cheap, pay twice' and we know Italy and Spain have had to send PPE (And apparently ventilators) back to China because they were useless/didn't work, but other ones from other companies are still under test
Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:30 - Apr 3 with 1100 viewsSwansea_Blue

And he was back a day too early. He announced he'd gone into self isolation on the 27th, so that means today should be the first day he's meant to return, not yesterday.

It's probably irrelevant in the the grand scheme of things as our 7 day isolation period is notional and may not be enough anyway (which is why the WHO errs on the side of caution with a 14 day period). But this just gives people who want to flaunt the rules and excuse.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:45 - Apr 3 with 1086 viewsgiant_stow

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:30 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

And he was back a day too early. He announced he'd gone into self isolation on the 27th, so that means today should be the first day he's meant to return, not yesterday.

It's probably irrelevant in the the grand scheme of things as our 7 day isolation period is notional and may not be enough anyway (which is why the WHO errs on the side of caution with a 14 day period). But this just gives people who want to flaunt the rules and excuse.

The nurse woman on qt last night wasnt happy about sitting next to hancock so soon after his illness.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 1079 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:09 - Apr 3 by CoachRob

"Hopefully the Covid-19 outbreak will be behind us, but the tax and spend trade-offs facing policy makers will be made more stark for years, and more likely for decades, as they strive to bring debt back down over the longer-term."

Do you think the IFS are calling for pro-cyclical austerity there?

Be prepared for artificially created inflation and significant increase in personal debt rates.

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 10:05 - Apr 3 with 1072 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 09:45 - Apr 3 by giant_stow

The nurse woman on qt last night wasnt happy about sitting next to hancock so soon after his illness.

Difficult to know whether that's because of Covid-19 or just the normal NHS staff aversion to Tory MPs!

He shouldn't have been on. It's pretty irresponsible.

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 11:10 - Apr 3 with 1054 viewslongtimefan

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 08:35 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

Is that for real

She mentions she “doesn’t understand” a few times. That’s patently obvious!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 11:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 11:51 - Apr 3 with 1028 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 11:10 - Apr 3 by longtimefan

Is that for real

She mentions she “doesn’t understand” a few times. That’s patently obvious!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 11:14]

I had a customer phone me yesterday explaining that Covid was caused by 5G and I have a pharmacist who is convinced Covid is man produced by Iran or China.

I come on here for some sanity and then start crying.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 11:55 - Apr 3 with 1025 viewsStokieBlue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 11:51 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I had a customer phone me yesterday explaining that Covid was caused by 5G and I have a pharmacist who is convinced Covid is man produced by Iran or China.

I come on here for some sanity and then start crying.

There is a really good genetic analysis which totally debunks the fact that C-19 could be man made.

I doubt the customer would care about that though! Also seems to give Iran a lot of credit for their genetic engineering capabilities!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 13:03 - Apr 3 with 991 viewsBluesquid

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 22:34 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

7 days longer than he has

Indeed, back at work after 7 days of self isolation.

Why is the UK Government ignoring the advice of the WHO Director-General?

"People infected with COVID-19 can still infect others after they stop feeling sick, so these measures should continue for at least two weeks after symptoms disappear."

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at
Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 15:38 - Apr 3 with 962 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 22:34 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

7 days longer than he has

7 or 8?

NHs advice is 1 day longer than he has isn't it?

WHO advice is another week on top of that.

I suppose he couldn't do the things he is doing from isolation or get someone else to steal his glory.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:04 - Apr 3 with 957 viewsjaykay

so phil acted very quickly to boot the troll. that's how to get things done. mind you the troll managed to get some upvotes while he was here,

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:13 - Apr 3 with 951 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:04 - Apr 3 by jaykay

so phil acted very quickly to boot the troll. that's how to get things done. mind you the troll managed to get some upvotes while he was here,

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:13 - Apr 3 with 949 viewsEwan_Oozami

Is that Post Turtle Matt (Four doctors have died and some nurses) Hancock, recently possibly recovered from coronavirus, opening NHS Nightingale?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 19:56 - Apr 3 with 920 viewslongtimefan

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:13 - Apr 3 by Ewan_Oozami

Is that Post Turtle Matt (Four doctors have died and some nurses) Hancock, recently possibly recovered from coronavirus, opening NHS Nightingale?

What an eclectic bunch TWTDs contributors are. Many seem to think Hancock was hiding from the public gaze, while many seem to think he’s returned to the scene too soon!
Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 20:31 - Apr 3 with 905 viewsEwan_Oozami

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 19:56 - Apr 3 by longtimefan

What an eclectic bunch TWTDs contributors are. Many seem to think Hancock was hiding from the public gaze, while many seem to think he’s returned to the scene too soon!

I personally agree with both parts of your second sentence - and indeed the whole of your first sentence..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 20:41 - Apr 3 with 894 viewsjaykay

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:13 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

ahh total recall has arrived but as vapour trail told you it not a good look to have a dozen pics ready to post in reply to a post 2 mins later ,so sorry you have had to wait

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 890 viewsTractorWood

It feels counter intuitive being told to stay at home this weekend by a man currently disobeying advice having recently had the virus, whilst speaking in public.

He also ends with:

'This advice is not a request, it's an instruction'

He could be more ambiguous if he tried.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 20:49]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 20:52 - Apr 3 with 887 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 16:13 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

Well that's my vote for 'most self unaware post' of the year sorted !

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 21:45 - Apr 3 with 864 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't panic...Matt Hancock is back.... on 13:03 - Apr 3 by Bluesquid

Indeed, back at work after 7 days of self isolation.

Why is the UK Government ignoring the advice of the WHO Director-General?

"People infected with COVID-19 can still infect others after they stop feeling sick, so these measures should continue for at least two weeks after symptoms disappear."

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at

Money?
British exceptionalism?

Feck knows. We seem to be following the recommended periods for flu, for which there is a large evidence base of course. The infectious period for carriers of covid-19 seems to be much longer from what I've seen.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024