Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer 21:22 - Apr 3 with 3067 viewsElderGrizzly

Good job they didn’t do anything like that to those who even looked the wrong way at Jeremy 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/03/keir-starmer-poised-to-be-annou
Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 644 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:29 - Apr 4 by sparks

Ridiculous. Seriously.

Under his leadership, many folks were purged (or at least consider themselves to have been purged).

The people most closely alligned to him are concerned they may now face similar.

In what way is this some sort of obsessive, persistent and irreelvant attack? Take a breath and step away- your position on this is absurd.

Evidence?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/14/jeremy-corbyn-labour-shadow-cab

How many of these were purged - or did they in fact resign to push a leadership contest?

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:51 - Apr 4 with 636 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour website has just crashed. Announcement delayed.

I see the hand of Momentum behind this. 😉
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 10:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:57 - Apr 4 with 608 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

*yawn*

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:59 - Apr 4 with 604 viewshampstead_blue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:51 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

Careful, someone is going to shout 'evidence' at you....we are not allowed to speculate you knwo....

I seriously think that when the dust settles after the leadership election a lot of skeletons will be free to speak and rattle around.

Scores settled,

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:59 - Apr 4 with 599 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 09:47 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

It really doesn't stand.

You just don't want to face the reality of what happened. People were forced out to make way for people who supported JC.

People who perpetuated that now moaning it could happen to them is unbelievable hypocrisy. Thanks for the down arrow though - shows you aren't willing to actually look at the realities of the situation.

SB
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 9:48]

Orwellian.

It's as if the PLP rebellion and shadow cabinet resignations in 2016 never happened.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:01 - Apr 4 with 586 viewsBABLUE

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:59 - Apr 4 by Darth_Koont

Orwellian.

It's as if the PLP rebellion and shadow cabinet resignations in 2016 never happened.

Lets wait for the anti Starmer stories to appear daily from now on
Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:09 - Apr 4 with 558 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:01 - Apr 4 by BABLUE

Working out how Starmer is going to be undermined by the right-wing media is a bit of an idle pastime for me. They're going to have to get creative.

Although quite rightly with the coronavirus pandemic there's focus elsewhere and gutter politics feels even sillier than it does normally. Starmer may even get a fighting chance by being able to be the leader for a few months without having the attack dogs unleashed.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:09 - Apr 4 with 560 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:59 - Apr 4 by Darth_Koont

Orwellian.

It is not Orwellian.

Those resignations and rebellions were to try and force a contest. That is not what is being discussed. What is being discussed is the hypocrisy of their position.

After that and throughout JC's leadership many of the key positions were swapped out for people backed by momentum and these MPs speaking up now had no issues with it.

It is hypocritical to suddenly have an issue with it when it affects them directly.

SB
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:09]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:14 - Apr 4 with 539 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:09 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

It is not Orwellian.

Those resignations and rebellions were to try and force a contest. That is not what is being discussed. What is being discussed is the hypocrisy of their position.

After that and throughout JC's leadership many of the key positions were swapped out for people backed by momentum and these MPs speaking up now had no issues with it.

It is hypocritical to suddenly have an issue with it when it affects them directly.

SB
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:09]

Corbyn got rid of people who actively and vocally worked against the leadership but that started with them. What "purge" happened?

You and others have glibly trotted out this and a "hypocrisy" line but it doesn't stack up.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:17 - Apr 4 with 528 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:22 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

The a Labour Party are far from irrelevant.

The Tories have a massive Majority and the country needs a strong credible opposition to hold them to account.

And how does attacking the Corbyn regime help that?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:18 - Apr 4 with 523 viewssparks

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:17 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

And how does attacking the Corbyn regime help that?

Gmpf.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:18]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:22 - Apr 4 with 512 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:29 - Apr 4 by sparks

Ridiculous. Seriously.

Under his leadership, many folks were purged (or at least consider themselves to have been purged).

The people most closely alligned to him are concerned they may now face similar.

In what way is this some sort of obsessive, persistent and irreelvant attack? Take a breath and step away- your position on this is absurd.

It's obsessive and persistent because it's from Elder Grizzly.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:22 - Apr 4 with 512 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:01 - Apr 4 by BABLUE

“The print media has always held an anti-Labour bent, but has never stopped the election of Labour governments in the past. The lesson is: if you believe the press is not your natural ally, don’t make it easy for them. If you don’t want the press to write you are a terrorist sympathiser, don’t lay a wreath at the grave of a terrorist. If you don’t want the press to write you are a friend of Hamas or Hezbollah, don’t call them your friends. If you don’t want the press to write you associate with the IRA, don’t associate with the IRA. If you don’t want the press to doubt your patriotism, don’t give Russia the benefit of the doubt over the Salisbury poisonings or take money from Iranian state media. If you want the press to highlight your aversion to antisemitism, don’t share a platform with known anti-Semites and defend antisemitic murals”.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/labour-leadership-race/2020/03/labours-mes

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:24 - Apr 4 with 498 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:22 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

It's obsessive and persistent because it's from Elder Grizzly.

His last “daily” Corbyn attack was on February 20th.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:25 - Apr 4 with 485 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:14 - Apr 4 by Darth_Koont

Corbyn got rid of people who actively and vocally worked against the leadership but that started with them. What "purge" happened?

You and others have glibly trotted out this and a "hypocrisy" line but it doesn't stack up.

Up for a scrap today? Should be good reading.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:26 - Apr 4 with 485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:33 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

You're going to need a bigger shovel if you carry on down this route.

Can you honestly not see it's fair to point of the hypocrisy of their position?

SB

Yes I can see it's a fair point. I guess I'm just pissed off that it's another of Elder's constant attacks and thought they might stop now Labour's been destroyed. He was part of the smear-wagon and I thought I'd seen the end of it on here.

I guess I was just dismayed to see more of it this morning. I've been for a run in the park and feel better now.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:28 - Apr 4 with 476 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:25 - Apr 4 by giant_stow

Up for a scrap today? Should be good reading.

Haha! With one hand tied behind my back, ullaa.

The narrative-game is strong with you lot. But your evidence-game is always weak.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:28 - Apr 4 with 476 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:51 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

Here we go folks. Strap yourselves in. The smear-wagon's been dusted off and is firing up again. The king is dead, let's kill the next one.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 473 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:22 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

The a Labour Party are far from irrelevant.

The Tories have a massive Majority and the country needs a strong credible opposition to hold them to account.

In fact, given the levels of incompetence and extremism at the top of the Tory party, competent opposition is an absolute must. Apart from a brief period at the end of Theresa May's tenure, Corbyn simply hasn't provided that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 470 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 10:59 - Apr 4 by hampstead_blue

Careful, someone is going to shout 'evidence' at you....we are not allowed to speculate you knwo....

I seriously think that when the dust settles after the leadership election a lot of skeletons will be free to speak and rattle around.

Scores settled,

Facts and evidence are kind of important. You should try them sometime.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:30 - Apr 4 with 465 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:28 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

Here we go folks. Strap yourselves in. The smear-wagon's been dusted off and is firing up again. The king is dead, let's kill the next one.

Starmer has been announced:

Sir Keir Starmer — 275,780 (56.2%)
Rebecca Long-Bailey — 135,218 (27.6%)
Lisa Nandy — 79,597 (16.2%)

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:31 - Apr 4 with 459 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:18 - Apr 4 by sparks

Gmpf.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:18]

Ridiculous. Seriously.

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 446 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:24 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

His last “daily” Corbyn attack was on February 20th.

So?

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 444 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:28 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

Whoosh.

I assume you missed the smiley at the end?

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:34 - Apr 4 with 433 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn supporting MPs worried they might be purged by Starmer on 11:32 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

So?

I make that 43 days since his last “daily” attack on Corbyn.

Edit. You can downvote that as much as you want Dollers but it won't change the facts.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 17:22]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024