Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK could be worst hit in Europe 13:12 - Apr 12 with 8965 viewsHerbivore

In terms of Covid-19 fatalities: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52261859

Hard to see this as scaremongering given successive days of 900+ fatalities and a higher daily fatality rate on our worst day than on the worst days in China, Italy and Spain. Bear in mind that we looked on in horror at what was happening in those countries just a few weeks ago.

Considering it started to hit here later than in the rest of mainland Europe, in theory giving us time to prepare and mitigate, that's pretty scandalous. The inquest will come in some months' time but I struggle to see how anyone can think this has been handled competently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:22 - Apr 12 with 3252 viewsBlueBadger

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 17:50 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

I am not trying to push any theory i am simply following official Government documentation and press briefings.

"Covid associated deaths, not all as a result of Covid" - 58:41

[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:11]

No, but someone who has covid-19 who, say, suffers a stroke or a heart attack will have less physical reserve to cope with an additional strain on the body's systems.

Not sure why you're still trying to play this down other than some rather tragic attempt at trolling.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:40 - Apr 12 with 3225 viewsBlueBadger

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 17:04 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

Yes you are correct to point that out but one must seriously wonder over the figures that we are being constantly bombarded with.

How many of the C-19 deaths are based on assumptions?

Because the recently implemented Coronavirus Act 2020 means a death can be signed off on the assumption that it is C-19 even without a doctor ever seeing the deceased.

Do stop taking crap, there's a dear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:43 - Apr 12 with 3218 viewsblueconscience

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:40 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Do stop taking crap, there's a dear.

Why are you so sensitive about this? He is only saying what the government has told us.

The attitude towards people who have a different opinion or view on things really stinks on this forum.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:50 - Apr 12 with 3209 viewsgordon

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 17:04 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

Yes you are correct to point that out but one must seriously wonder over the figures that we are being constantly bombarded with.

How many of the C-19 deaths are based on assumptions?

Because the recently implemented Coronavirus Act 2020 means a death can be signed off on the assumption that it is C-19 even without a doctor ever seeing the deceased.

Data from other European Countries suggest that between 42% and 57% of COVID deaths are occurring in care homes. If the same were true here, and you adjust for an average lag of about 3 or 4 days in a death being reported (I can't be bothered to check/work out what it actually is), then the top end estimate could be about 35,000 COVID related deaths so far in the UK, lower end about 26,000. So yeah, the figures could be out by a bit.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:50]
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 19:02 - Apr 12 with 3205 viewsBlueBadger

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:43 - Apr 12 by blueconscience

Why are you so sensitive about this? He is only saying what the government has told us.

The attitude towards people who have a different opinion or view on things really stinks on this forum.

The whole 'could be declared as covid without a doctor seeing them' bit is utter, imagined rubbish.

If covid-19 has gone on a death certificate it will be because a senior doctor has reviewed that patient's full clinical picture and made a diagnosis. He's more than welcome to his 'opinion' but the actual facts really don't support his increasingly desperate attempts to look 'in the know' on this.

I've told him he's talking crap, because he's talking crap. That's my considered opinion. I don't think people should be so hostile to my considered opinions.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 22:19]

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 19:09 - Apr 12 with 3183 viewsTractorWood

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:09 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Given how poorly we're testing, I'm not sure one is great value right now.

Agree. Totally pointless until we start testing properly.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 19:10 - Apr 12 with 3183 viewsStokieBlue

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:43 - Apr 12 by blueconscience

This is a major issue nowadays.

Just because it's someone's opinion that doesn't mean it holds any kind of equivalence to an informed opinion.

When an opinion is demonstrably incorrect it should be challenged. That doesn't stink at all, in fact not wanting it to be challenged is what stinks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 19:52 - Apr 12 with 3128 viewsBluesquid

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 18:22 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

No, but someone who has covid-19 who, say, suffers a stroke or a heart attack will have less physical reserve to cope with an additional strain on the body's systems.

Not sure why you're still trying to play this down other than some rather tragic attempt at trolling.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:23]

I am not trying to play anything down, these are the words of Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Jenny Harries.

"for the UK these are Covid ASSOCIATED deaths, they are all sad events, THEY WOULD NOT ALL BE A DEATH AS A *RESULT* OF COVID"

If anything it's you who is challenging the Deputy CMO.
Login to get fewer ads

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 20:21 - Apr 12 with 3132 viewstractorboy1978

Have a read of this thread.

Ireland 6.5 deaths per 100,000. UK 14.8 deaths per 100,000.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 20:22]
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:10 - Apr 12 with 3061 viewsParisBlue

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 14:30 - Apr 12 by pointofblue

As said elsewhere, Japan have Covid-19 under control and have carried out far fewer tests than us. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason behind how things develop though I’m going to assume the Japanese are far more aware and respectful as a society than we are here. The app looks like a good way of tracking the disease.

As an aside, I think I would have implemented a couple of things differently had I been in charge of the response - close the borders much earlier and request that all those flying in are placed in quarantine for fourteen days and also close the pubs/theatres on the day the “don’t visit” request was issued rather than leaving them in limbo. Obviously there are issues with PPE but I have no idea what the government response to that and what could be done better there.

On reflection it's strange that at the end of January a plane load of UK nationals were flown from Wuhan and kept in isolation in Liverpool for 2 weeks. A month later the first cases were recorded in UK, often with the tag line of having recently come back from Italy: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51450517

The legacy of this might be that our borders will be shut a lot quicker in future.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:52 - Apr 12 with 3042 viewsblueconscience

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 19:10 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

This is a major issue nowadays.

Just because it's someone's opinion that doesn't mean it holds any kind of equivalence to an informed opinion.

When an opinion is demonstrably incorrect it should be challenged. That doesn't stink at all, in fact not wanting it to be challenged is what stinks.

SB

There’s a certain group of posters who do nothing but attack or demean differing points of views, and half the time their “Superior” view or opinion has no more validity than the post they are attacking.

Shame really, this used to be an interesting and friendly forum, but with the know it alls and perfectionists It has gone downhill.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:56 - Apr 12 with 3037 viewsjeera

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:52 - Apr 12 by blueconscience

There’s a certain group of posters who do nothing but attack or demean differing points of views, and half the time their “Superior” view or opinion has no more validity than the post they are attacking.

Shame really, this used to be an interesting and friendly forum, but with the know it alls and perfectionists It has gone downhill.

There's more so a group of posters who hate anyone who tries to understand a damned thing and who attack them willy nilly. Those who revel in their ignorance.

And then whine when they get put back into their pathetic place.

You couldn't have this more wrong if you tried.

You're fighting some good fight that isn't there.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:00 - Apr 13 with 3014 viewspistonbroke

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:56 - Apr 12 by jeera

There's more so a group of posters who hate anyone who tries to understand a damned thing and who attack them willy nilly. Those who revel in their ignorance.

You like me know feck all about this virus so shut the feck up
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:01 - Apr 13 with 3027 viewsblueconscience

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 23:56 - Apr 12 by jeera

That’s a bit better, disagreeing without name calling and abuse

That’s all we wish for. Thank you.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:02]

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:05 - Apr 13 with 3019 viewsjeera

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:01 - Apr 13 by blueconscience

That’s a bit better, disagreeing without name calling and abuse

That’s all we wish for. Thank you.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:02]

I don't call you names.

I even like you; we go way back.

I disagree with almost everything you say, but don't use these idiots to make your points.

They're way below you and your own fruitcake views.

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:20 - Apr 13 with 3005 viewsblueconscience

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:05 - Apr 13 by jeera

I don't call you names.

I even like you; we go way back.

I disagree with almost everything you say, but don't use these idiots to make your points.

They're way below you and your own fruitcake views.

Are the fruitcake views the Evans views? or all my views in general? I am curious now
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:21]

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:21 - Apr 13 with 3000 viewsjeera

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:20 - Apr 13 by blueconscience

Are the fruitcake views the Evans views? or all my views in general? I am curious now
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:21]

You're all right mate.

I meant in general.

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:27 - Apr 13 with 2996 viewsStokieBlue

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:00 - Apr 13 by pistonbroke

You like me know feck all about this virus so shut the feck up

Well we can certainly all agree that you know feck all about the virus.

Or anything in general really.

You've been an utter disgrace tonight.

SB

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:33 - Apr 13 with 2981 viewspistonbroke

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:27 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

Well we can certainly all agree that you know feck all about the virus.

Or anything in general really.

You've been an utter disgrace tonight.

SB

So apart from what you read in the papers ,, what are your expert views on it
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:42 - Apr 13 with 2977 viewsStokieBlue

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:33 - Apr 13 by pistonbroke

So apart from what you read in the papers ,, what are your expert views on it

Well I read the paper which disproved your awful conspiracy theory about it being man-made and designed by the "chinks" to kill Americans.

I repeat. You've been a disgrace. If you last until morning then that's too long.

SB
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:44]

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:51 - Apr 13 with 2962 viewspistonbroke

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:42 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

Well I read the paper which disproved your awful conspiracy theory about it being man-made and designed by the "chinks" to kill Americans.

I repeat. You've been a disgrace. If you last until morning then that's too long.

SB
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 0:44]

So tell me in 100 percent facts it was disproved , the one hundred percent fact is like me you know nothing factual about it ,but unlike you I don’t wish harm on you like you do me , are you saying that I die overnight? If so should you be posting on a forum you should not wish that on anyone just because you have different views , it tells me your a bad man stokie
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:53 - Apr 13 with 2959 viewsSpruceMoose

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:51 - Apr 13 by pistonbroke

So tell me in 100 percent facts it was disproved , the one hundred percent fact is like me you know nothing factual about it ,but unlike you I don’t wish harm on you like you do me , are you saying that I die overnight? If so should you be posting on a forum you should not wish that on anyone just because you have different views , it tells me your a bad man stokie

Oh so it's just me you wish harm on then? Good to know.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:59 - Apr 13 with 2949 viewspistonbroke

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:53 - Apr 13 by SpruceMoose

Oh so it's just me you wish harm on then? Good to know.

No , wish you no harm at all , you can try your stirring tactics that your famous for on here but I won’t bite
UK could be worst hit in Europe on 01:04 - Apr 13 with 2945 viewsSpruceMoose

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 00:59 - Apr 13 by pistonbroke

No , wish you no harm at all , you can try your stirring tactics that your famous for on here but I won’t bite

Bite?

You've says some awful shît on here tonight. You've wished harm on innocent people. You should be ashamed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 01:06 - Apr 13 with 2943 viewspointofblue

UK could be worst hit in Europe on 17:41 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

No, but given the current climate, the overwhelming majority of it IS.

It'll certainly be a factor in the deaths of many others who've already got other, life limiting conditions.
Plus, deaths in the home(care or otherwise) where testing hasn't happened aren't recorded. If anything, we're underestimating our covid-19 deaths.

In addition to this, testing is fairly unreliable - a lot of people are being treated on the basis of a strong clinical picture suggestive of C19 - I know of at least one individual who is deploying literally every sign bar a positive test, so we're treating accordingly.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 17:43]

I want to start by saying thank you for all you and your colleagues do as part of the health service, it really is appreciated.

And I feel slightly guilty that I would now like to ask a question but you say testing is fairly unreliable. If it is, is the push for 100,000 a day slightly pointless as they are not leading to correct results?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024