Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting 16:28 - May 7 with 6021 viewsbluelagos

Not yet seen any hint of a street party or god forbid, an invite to join in any communal singing.

I do not live in Bentley.

He is normally a social chap with no known mental illnesses. Except he supports Norwich.

He has used the correct colours.

Am wondering on the correct Twtd compliant approach...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 13:33 - May 8 with 1776 viewsMoriarty

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 18:37 - May 7 by bluelagos

Fcks sake, just had the knock on the door. Whole sodding close is doing drinks, food etc. from our front gardens tomorrow afternoon.

I need a govt approved reason to be out :-) Exercise won't cut it as I could have gone out in the morning...

Ring some feminist groups. The more radical the better. Ask to speak with the man in charge. Insist on it. Give your neighbours name and address.

fka omuircheartaigh

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 13:34 - May 8 with 1772 viewslinhdi

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 20:32 - May 7 by jeera

Yeah I've had this conversation a couple of times this week.

I'm all for keeping Remembrance Sunday, and the week either side of it, going forever.

But I'm unsure about these celebratory type events here and there and it's not immediately apparent to me what the purpose is now so many years after the war. What is it we're hoping to do? Rub the noses of other countries in it who have spent generations trying to move forwards?

I appreciate I may be missing something.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 20:43]

Thank you. You have summed up my feelings in a way that I had been struggling to express.

I wish though we'd switch from Remembrance Sunday to Armistice Day, in line with just about everywhere else. I wouldn't even mind if it were a national holiday.
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:12 - May 8 with 1734 viewseastangliaisblue

So is it not acceptable on here for people to celebrate/remember the end of WW2? Asking for a friend.
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:14 - May 8 with 1732 viewsfooters

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:12 - May 8 by eastangliaisblue

So is it not acceptable on here for people to celebrate/remember the end of WW2? Asking for a friend.

I think you may need to check your history there, bud.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:15 - May 8 with 1729 viewsNewcyBlue

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:12 - May 8 by eastangliaisblue

So you think people should wait until 2nd September?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:22 - May 8 with 1711 viewseastangliaisblue

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:15 - May 8 by NewcyBlue

So you think people should wait until 2nd September?

Was waiting for a smart arse comment. I meant end of WW2 in Europe.
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:22 - May 8 with 1709 viewseastangliaisblue

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:14 - May 8 by footers

I think you may need to check your history there, bud.

See above.
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:38 - May 8 with 1680 viewsMullet

There are two houses on my road playing for the full house of jingo. Both seem to think bunting makes them immune to this virus. They've got adult children and grandchildren running around and have been making stilted conversation across the street with anyone who ventures outdoors.

One of the houses do the full fireworks and saucepan symphony every Thursday and were asking everyone if they'll be out to sing "we'll meet again" at 9pm. Fair enough, but they seem to be on some mad schedule.

The other house belongs to the elderly neighbour I mentioned on here who was carted off in an ambulance and hospitalised with it and was apparently close to death's door. I have no idea what to say about that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:53 - May 8 with 1652 viewsNewcyBlue

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:38 - May 8 by Mullet

There are two houses on my road playing for the full house of jingo. Both seem to think bunting makes them immune to this virus. They've got adult children and grandchildren running around and have been making stilted conversation across the street with anyone who ventures outdoors.

One of the houses do the full fireworks and saucepan symphony every Thursday and were asking everyone if they'll be out to sing "we'll meet again" at 9pm. Fair enough, but they seem to be on some mad schedule.

The other house belongs to the elderly neighbour I mentioned on here who was carted off in an ambulance and hospitalised with it and was apparently close to death's door. I have no idea what to say about that.

Play Rammstein as loud as possible at 2100?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 17:02 - May 8 with 1639 viewsMullet

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 16:53 - May 8 by NewcyBlue

Play Rammstein as loud as possible at 2100?

Luckily the boy and his bedtime means we have an excuse to appeal our place on the list same as the NHS clapping debacle of three weeks ago.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 18:45 - May 8 with 1589 viewsbluelagos

WW2 songs played, was polite to the Naaridge fan, helped carry the chairs for the elderly couple, chicken curry served, all socially distanced.

Am so going to heaven. :-)

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 18:56 - May 8 with 1575 viewsPecker

Bunting. What a lovely word. Bunting.
My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 18:59 - May 8 with 1564 viewsbluelagos

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 18:56 - May 8 by Pecker

Bunting. What a lovely word. Bunting.

Sly fgger slipped some yellow into his over flow bunting. Only noticed as I was leaving.

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 19:04 - May 8 with 1557 viewsLord_Lucan

I had a drive around a few streets in IP4 and there were quite a few front garden party's and it all looked quite neighbourly and uplifting.

IMHO of course.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 19:57 - May 8 with 1518 viewsbluelagos

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 19:04 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

I had a drive around a few streets in IP4 and there were quite a few front garden party's and it all looked quite neighbourly and uplifting.

IMHO of course.

I think in the sticks people are social distancing. Even the news pics on the telly of crowded parks in London people were doing the best in the circumstances.

It wont be forever but it is difficult especially for ordinarily social people.

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 20:49 - May 8 with 1482 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 19:57 - May 8 by bluelagos

I think in the sticks people are social distancing. Even the news pics on the telly of crowded parks in London people were doing the best in the circumstances.

It wont be forever but it is difficult especially for ordinarily social people.

Cycling with Junior today was a real pleasure...people sat at tables chatting through hedges....we were even applauded by a couple of families set up on opposite sides of the road as we cycled through. Memorable.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 21:29 - May 8 with 1447 viewsbluelagos

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 20:49 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Cycling with Junior today was a real pleasure...people sat at tables chatting through hedges....we were even applauded by a couple of families set up on opposite sides of the road as we cycled through. Memorable.

Tbf there was a nice atmosphere out and about today. Still think being asked to sing "We'll meet again" would have a been a step too far though!

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 21:31 - May 8 with 1442 viewsSpruceMoose

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 21:29 - May 8 by bluelagos

Tbf there was a nice atmosphere out and about today. Still think being asked to sing "We'll meet again" would have a been a step too far though!

I prefer the remix 'We'll meet again (on Zoom)'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 22:08 - May 8 with 1414 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 21:29 - May 8 by bluelagos

I may have played some Sex Pistols in the garden at about quarter too!

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 22:14 - May 8 with 1405 viewsbluelagos

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 22:08 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

I may have played some Sex Pistols in the garden at about quarter too!

Is that the most middle class act of anarchy ever?

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 22:18 - May 8 with 1401 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 22:14 - May 8 by bluelagos

Is that the most middle class act of anarchy ever?

Pretty much but it was mostly to annoy and shame Junior tbf!

My neighbour has just covered his house, drive, garden etc with bunting on 11:59 - May 9 with 1298 viewsEwan_Oozami

Of course it is, as long as it's done with taste and decorum and not dressing up in your Grandad's old Home Guard outfit or parking your WW2 jeep in middle of the street and your Union flags are all the right way round and you don't have the Dambusters theme playing at full volume all day....and you don't have pictures of Boris and WInston in your windows (Alan Turing and Odette Brailly are ok though) otherwise you're fine...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024