Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still washing their post or shopping 18:10 - May 13 with 3169 viewsSwansea_Blue

more than themselves?

When will this end? Everything that comes into our place gets washed down straight away with hot soapy water. Took at least an hour to do our last big shop. Madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:43 - May 13 with 364 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:36 - May 13 by sparks

Simply not true.

You bring shopping into your house- on which the virus could lurk for days. You stick it in the freezer or fridge and it could lurk for months.

Any reliable evidence for this assertion? Something of reasonable provenance if possible.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:54 - May 13 with 356 viewssparks

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:43 - May 13 by WeWereZombies

Any reliable evidence for this assertion? Something of reasonable provenance if possible.

You could read the research on viruses like everyone else.

There are no definitive conclusions yet- but there are a number of experts who say that other such viruses thrive and last longer in low temperatures.

Lots of articles like this one

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12325961

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:04 - May 13 with 344 viewsSarge

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:12 - May 13 by WeWereZombies

Forget the hand sanitiser and use good old fashioned soap, more effective:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070qyks

I know but hand sanitiser fits into my pocket and doesn’t need rinsing off
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:09 - May 13 with 336 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:54 - May 13 by sparks

You could read the research on viruses like everyone else.

There are no definitive conclusions yet- but there are a number of experts who say that other such viruses thrive and last longer in low temperatures.

Lots of articles like this one

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12325961

ryorry posted this earlier, it rings true:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/why-you-shouldnt-wash-produce-soap-corona

And your link emphasised the importance of hand washing. A small bar of soap and a little bit of water from the bottle I always carry around (because hydration is important for our homeostasis) does the job wherever I am. And no plastic waste either.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:10 - May 13 with 337 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:20 - May 13 by giant_stow

yeah, we're detolling everything (when we can get detol).

pain in arse, but I spose it makes us all feel better.

Which version of Dettol?

If it's the regular antiseptic then that won't sort it. The antiseptic disinfectant, sure.

Or just any disinfectant really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:11 - May 13 with 330 viewssparks

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:09 - May 13 by WeWereZombies

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/why-you-shouldnt-wash-produce-soap-corona

And your link emphasised the importance of hand washing. A small bar of soap and a little bit of water from the bottle I always carry around (because hydration is important for our homeostasis) does the job wherever I am. And no plastic waste either.

I dont wash produce. Mostly it comes in nasty plastic packets which you can simply empty.

We do wash cans, plastic packets, milk bottles, wine bottles etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:11 - May 13 with 330 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:09 - May 13 by WeWereZombies

Nothing on that page for me.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:30 - May 13 with 310 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:10 - May 13 by jeera

Which version of Dettol?

If it's the regular antiseptic then that won't sort it. The antiseptic disinfectant, sure.

Thought of you earlier. I made a decent Biryani.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:43 - May 13 with 303 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 19:36 - May 13 by sparks

Simply not true.

You bring shopping into your house- on which the virus could lurk for days. You stick it in the freezer or fridge and it could lurk for months.

It still doesn't change the point which you seem to be deliberately avoiding (but that's usual for you)

Whether the virus is there for minutes or days, if you wash your hands straight after touching the product there is no problem. Its good basic hygiene virus or no virus and you don't know what could have touched it in the supermarket/shop yet no one normally does that.

The only thing we all need to do is WASH YOUR HANDS....washing goods/post etc is not necessary unless you are unable to wash your hand properly

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:45 - May 13 with 300 viewssyntaxerror

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:49 - May 13 by Steve_M

No, washing hands after opening post but haven't bothered with the shopping. I think the risk there is limited.

Having seen someone have a coughing fit over the fresh veg at my local Tesco a few weeks ago, I am not sure about that...
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:48 - May 13 with 291 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:45 - May 13 by syntaxerror

Having seen someone have a coughing fit over the fresh veg at my local Tesco a few weeks ago, I am not sure about that...

veg should always be washed virus or no virus.

If packaged then not necessary,just wash your hands after handling.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:51 - May 13 with 287 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:43 - May 13 by N2_Blue

It still doesn't change the point which you seem to be deliberately avoiding (but that's usual for you)

Whether the virus is there for minutes or days, if you wash your hands straight after touching the product there is no problem. Its good basic hygiene virus or no virus and you don't know what could have touched it in the supermarket/shop yet no one normally does that.

The only thing we all need to do is WASH YOUR HANDS....washing goods/post etc is not necessary unless you are unable to wash your hand properly

It's also ok to do both.

I'm the same as Bully in as much as anything that can be removed from packaging is; and for stuff to fit in the freezer I tend to do that anyway, split the packs and place into bags.

But sure, milk cartons, wine bottles etc, I'll wipe down.

I even wash my hands too.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 20:52]

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:52 - May 13 with 284 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:30 - May 13 by NewcyBlue

Thought of you earlier. I made a decent Biryani.

That sounds good.

Lamb, chicken, veg? What you go for?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:54 - May 13 with 281 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:52 - May 13 by jeera

That sounds good.

Lamb, chicken, veg? What you go for?

Chicken. MrsN is not happy with the subsequent gas I am producing...

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:57 - May 13 with 278 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:54 - May 13 by NewcyBlue

Chicken. MrsN is not happy with the subsequent gas I am producing...

If chicken has that effect on you then heck knows how you get on with green beans et al!

I like a biryani but have been too lazy to make one for ages.

I tend to just do the quick pilau rice with chicken instead.

Good splash of dhal alongside and a chapati or two and you're well away!

I fancy that now.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:58 - May 13 with 272 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:57 - May 13 by jeera

If chicken has that effect on you then heck knows how you get on with green beans et al!

I like a biryani but have been too lazy to make one for ages.

I tend to just do the quick pilau rice with chicken instead.

Good splash of dhal alongside and a chapati or two and you're well away!

I fancy that now.

I made a sweet potato daal the other day actually. Wasn’t bad either.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:00 - May 13 with 271 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:58 - May 13 by NewcyBlue

I made a sweet potato daal the other day actually. Wasn’t bad either.

You're putting me to shame.

I really need to start making an effort.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:12 - May 13 with 258 viewsgiant_stow

Which version of Dettol?

Don't freak me out! Im looking at it now and its 'anti bacterial surface cleanser'.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:14 - May 13 with 252 viewsRyorry

Which version of Dettol?

It's anti-viral that people need for this bug - I use Dettox spray.

Normally when out walking the mutt I use just anti-bact sanitizer, but for Covid_19, as you say, you need something with alcohol or other anti-viral ingrediet/s in sufficient quantitiy for anything on gate catches etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:16 - May 13 with 245 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:12 - May 13 by giant_stow

Don't freak me out! Im looking at it now and its 'anti bacterial surface cleanser'.

How the heck are you still with us Ullaa...you live a charmed life!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:18 - May 13 with 242 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:11 - May 13 by sparks

I dont wash produce. Mostly it comes in nasty plastic packets which you can simply empty.

We do wash cans, plastic packets, milk bottles, wine bottles etc.

But if you're not using the cans/bottles etc for days, what's the point? The virus dies after 3-9 days max (can live on in freezer as you say, however). Even in frig, if you just wash your hands after unwrapping & before preparation (as every risk-aware cook does anyway), there's no need.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:21 - May 13 with 237 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:18 - May 13 by Ryorry

But if you're not using the cans/bottles etc for days, what's the point? The virus dies after 3-9 days max (can live on in freezer as you say, however). Even in frig, if you just wash your hands after unwrapping & before preparation (as every risk-aware cook does anyway), there's no need.

But that suits you.

For me, I may put a new item into a cupboard that I use a lot, probably the same as Bully.

So yes, if the virus can live in there for a few days then that's a few days too many.

I don't know why anyone would wish to talk anyone out of making an extra effort.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:22 - May 13 with 236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nope, never was, never will.
....and I hardly ever wash!!
[Post edited 13 May 2020 21:23]

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:22 - May 13 with 234 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:22 - May 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nope, never was, never will.
....and I hardly ever wash!!
[Post edited 13 May 2020 21:23]

But you don't think it's a real thing or something.

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:24 - May 13 with 234 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 21:22 - May 13 by jeera

But you don't think it's a real thing or something.

Nope I totally think it is a real thing.

Edit... I just think I am more likely to breathe it in than be assaulted by a tin of baked beans.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 21:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024