Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still washing their post or shopping 18:10 - May 13 with 3167 viewsSwansea_Blue

more than themselves?

When will this end? Everything that comes into our place gets washed down straight away with hot soapy water. Took at least an hour to do our last big shop. Madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:42 - May 13 with 468 viewssparks

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:17 - May 13 by N2_Blue

but it doesn't matter how long it survives if you wash your hands. You can't breathe it in if lying on a surface such as tin

But you can get it on the bread, or the knife, or the surfaces, or your forearm, or your clothes etc.

Probably in minimal quantity. But people dont wash their hands before and after every single operation in a kitchen.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:49 - May 13 with 460 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:41 - May 13 by sparks

People simply dont wash their hands after grabbing a slice of bread and wanging it in the toaster before buttering it.

So you wash everything you buy with dettol?

I don't think it's possible to cleanse everything on every surface. In some ways you are presenting a false sense of security if one is doing that.

For instance, the risk of you touching your eyes or mouth whilst you are doing the shopping and touching all manner of surfaces is probably far higher than the risk from the packaging on a delivery and then touching your face.

And as I said, it's cited as very low risk by both the EU and UK. There are far more likely ways of catching C19.

As I said though, everyone should do what they feel comfortable with and if they want to cleanse everything then they should.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2020 23:50]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:53 - May 13 with 452 viewsjeera

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:49 - May 13 by StokieBlue

So you wash everything you buy with dettol?

I don't think it's possible to cleanse everything on every surface. In some ways you are presenting a false sense of security if one is doing that.

For instance, the risk of you touching your eyes or mouth whilst you are doing the shopping and touching all manner of surfaces is probably far higher than the risk from the packaging on a delivery and then touching your face.

And as I said, it's cited as very low risk by both the EU and UK. There are far more likely ways of catching C19.

As I said though, everyone should do what they feel comfortable with and if they want to cleanse everything then they should.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2020 23:50]

We're gonna out live the lot of ya.

Just you wait and see.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:56 - May 13 with 451 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:41 - May 13 by sparks

People simply dont wash their hands after grabbing a slice of bread and wanging it in the toaster before buttering it.

Not like you to generalise!

I do actually (well I don't use a toaster, but if I've touched packaging or any other uncleaned surface, I'll wash my hands before re-handling the foodstuff in question - or use different fingers or the other hand if they're clean). I've always followed strict hygiene tho, incl before Covid_19 appeared - I simply cannot afford to get any bugs (from what Jeera said your missus has medical condition/s too, so you're similarly careful).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:59 - May 13 with 449 viewsRyorry

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:06 - May 13 by StokieBlue

Yes that is true although you can wash you hands after touching any of those things and that's far easier than scrubbing everything with dettol in my opinion and it's good practice in general. I do understand people might find it easier to scrub everything.

Both the EU and UK cite food packaging as very low risk for transmission.

Each person should obviously do as they see fit though.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2020 23:11]

Not to mention Dettol being extremely hard to find in stock anywhere!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 00:03 - May 14 with 445 viewsstonojnr

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 20:48 - May 13 by N2_Blue

veg should always be washed virus or no virus.

If packaged then not necessary,just wash your hands after handling.

do you eat raw veg then ? as most veg you just boil or roast to death to cook before eating anyway, assuming you havent peeled scraped them first, I cant see the virus surviving that.

like fruit, I eat fruit that comes with natural packaging you take off & bin, maybe rinse an apple, but oranges, bananas, nope.

post again take the packaging off, dispose of straight away, wash hands,
Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 00:57 - May 14 with 431 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 23:42 - May 13 by sparks

But you can get it on the bread, or the knife, or the surfaces, or your forearm, or your clothes etc.

Probably in minimal quantity. But people dont wash their hands before and after every single operation in a kitchen.

Well then they haven’t got good food hygiene.

So for any meal I make I take out all ingredients of their respective packaging, put them on work surface ready to make my meal and then wash my hands.

It’s really not difficult.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 07:50 - May 14 with 395 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 18:30 - May 13 by giant_stow

You could eat your dinner off my arse it's so clean.

Is that today's youtube challenge?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 08:20 - May 14 with 387 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 07:50 - May 14 by GeoffSentence

Is that today's youtube challenge?

So last year's thing, dude

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 08:27 - May 14 with 383 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 08:20 - May 14 by WeWereZombies

So last year's thing, dude

Her arse probably wont be as hairy as mine - might be a more refined option.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone still washing their post or shopping on 08:40 - May 14 with 373 viewsHerbivore

No, I've not been doing this at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024