Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! 08:46 - May 17 with 4533 viewstractordownsouth

They're gonna be furious when they find out about Johnson's upbringing

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 12:13 - May 17 with 1840 viewsDarth_Koont

It is amazing the crap the media can come up with. And how many people will swallow it uncritically.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 12:38 - May 17 with 1811 viewsGuthrum

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 11:52 - May 17 by pointofblue

To be picky, the Conservatives have never been seen as the party of the working class whilst Labour is. That’s why the right-wing press try to use any sign of wealth to beat Labour MPs with.

While historically that was usually true, in the most recent election, there was something of a reversal of roles, with the Tories going after Northern working class Brexiteers, while accusing Labour of pandering to "Islington elites". Which, to a considerable extent, worked.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 13:01 - May 17 with 1778 viewstractordownsouth

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 12:38 - May 17 by Guthrum

While historically that was usually true, in the most recent election, there was something of a reversal of roles, with the Tories going after Northern working class Brexiteers, while accusing Labour of pandering to "Islington elites". Which, to a considerable extent, worked.

Yep. In both the 2017 and 2019 elections, more lower income voters chose the Tories over Labour.

Bargain Hunt has just put all this in perspective on 13:20 - May 17 with 1756 viewsfactual_blue

One of the experts told the tale (and showed the auction footage) of two exceedingly rare, and extremely beautiful Fabergé glass flowers. Only thirty-seven were ever made over a period of nine years from 1907.

The two flowers sold for a total of £340,000.

Of the thirty-seven made The Queen owns twenty-eight (and I suspect there's every chance she bought these two).

I wonder if the mail on sunday is outraged by this. (I think I know the answer.).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 14:43 - May 17 with 1716 viewsClapham_Junction

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 10:25 - May 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

So a predatory speculator/vulture capitalist too.
Now if the story was 'Corbyn has a field' that really would have had legs.

Ah yes, but he lived in a £750,000 house. Positively palatial, as you can see

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 14:48 - May 17 with 1710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alternative version without the perverse Mail take, from twitbook

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 14:52 - May 17 with 1700 viewsDarth_Koont

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 14:48 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

Alternative version without the perverse Mail take, from twitbook

She did a good job of that and it's also with less spin too.

I fully applaud this new-found willingness to set the public record straight in politics.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 15:13 - May 17 with 1686 viewsClapham_Junction

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 13:01 - May 17 by tractordownsouth

Yep. In both the 2017 and 2019 elections, more lower income voters chose the Tories over Labour.

I think you're confusing income with employment type (the ABC1/C2DE split). Labour significantly increased its vote share amongst low income voters in 2017 and were about 20% ahead of the Tories. They were still well ahead shortly before the 2019 elections ( https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/every-voter-counts-winning-over-low-income-voters)

One of the biggest divides aside from age is education level (which is probably one of the main determiners of which ABCDE group people fall into). I think as the Tories' support has fallen amongst university-educated voters, they've focused their campaign efforts on people who finished education earlier.

The same pattern exists in other countries that have more hard-right conservative parties like the US, Israel and Australia.
Login to get fewer ads

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 17:07 - May 17 with 1632 viewsBlueNomad

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 10:05 - May 17 by factual_blue

Although he's beastly to a dumb honey monster every Wednesday lunchtime.

That is brilliant!
The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 18:38 - May 17 with 1590 viewstractordownsouth

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 15:13 - May 17 by Clapham_Junction

I think you're confusing income with employment type (the ABC1/C2DE split). Labour significantly increased its vote share amongst low income voters in 2017 and were about 20% ahead of the Tories. They were still well ahead shortly before the 2019 elections ( https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/every-voter-counts-winning-over-low-income-voters)

One of the biggest divides aside from age is education level (which is probably one of the main determiners of which ABCDE group people fall into). I think as the Tories' support has fallen amongst university-educated voters, they've focused their campaign efforts on people who finished education earlier.

The same pattern exists in other countries that have more hard-right conservative parties like the US, Israel and Australia.

Ah apologies, yeah I think that's what I meant.

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 20:30 - May 17 with 1555 viewsOldsmoker

I'd be impressed if it was a Shef field.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 21:10 - May 17 with 1533 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 14:43 - May 17 by Clapham_Junction

Ah yes, but he lived in a £750,000 house. Positively palatial, as you can see

Class traitor.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 21:39 - May 17 with 1516 viewsjeera

It's nothing to do with Starmer.

It's to do with the latest Labour leader and the way these pond-life go about things.

They don't give a crap about the country or its people.

It's all about the hate.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 22:24]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:28 - May 17 with 1487 viewsJ2BLUE

People are starving in the world and Starmer owns a field which we could be using to grow crops.

It's a national outrage and why i'll be voting Tory at the next election.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:34 - May 17 with 1479 viewsjeera

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:28 - May 17 by J2BLUE

People are starving in the world and Starmer owns a field which we could be using to grow crops.

It's a national outrage and why i'll be voting Tory at the next election.

He's fattening up donkeys.

Btw I thought of you yesterday when I found some quorn mince in my freezer.

So if your ears burned a bit, sorry about that.

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:54 - May 17 with 1460 viewsJ2BLUE

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:34 - May 17 by jeera

He's fattening up donkeys.

Btw I thought of you yesterday when I found some quorn mince in my freezer.

So if your ears burned a bit, sorry about that.

For a second there I thought you were calling me a fat donkey.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 23:13 - May 17 with 1448 viewsjeera

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 22:54 - May 17 by J2BLUE

For a second there I thought you were calling me a fat donkey.

Ha.

I wouldn't be so rude.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 23:13]

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 23:20 - May 17 with 1443 viewsRicard0

Born in London...tick
London constituency...tick
Middle class profession...tick
Europhile...tick
Knighthood and QC...tick
Multimillionaire...tick

Bet Dave from Blyth is gagging for the latest incarnation of the metropolitan elite!
The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 23:24 - May 17 with 1430 viewsjeera

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 23:20 - May 17 by Ricard0

Born in London...tick
Europhile...tick
Knighthood and QC...tick
Multimillionaire...tick

Bet Dave from Blyth is gagging for the latest incarnation of the metropolitan elite!

Dave voted Tory.

Dave doesn't know what he's doing.

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:16 - May 18 with 1416 viewssparks

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 23:20 - May 17 by Ricard0

Born in London...tick
Europhile...tick
Knighthood and QC...tick
Multimillionaire...tick

You realise that the profession and qc title are products of effort and ability rather than class?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:19 - May 18 with 1412 viewsSpruceMoose

Born in London...tick
Europhile...tick
Knighthood and QC...tick
Multimillionaire...tick

Ooh ooh ooh! Now list Farage and Johnson! 'Dave' clearly loved them!
[Post edited 18 May 2020 0:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:31 - May 18 with 1407 viewsRicard0

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:19 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

Ooh ooh ooh! Now list Farage and Johnson! 'Dave' clearly loved them!
[Post edited 18 May 2020 0:20]

Boris is a Tory and therefore being born with a sliver spoon in his mouth is already factored in in voters minds. Farage (whether you like him or loathe him) was able to tap into an anti-establishment and Eurosceptic trend within British politics - this made his background less relevant for working class voters. Starmer, on the other, is neither a Tory nor an anti-establishment figure, and therefore his background will be used against him.
The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:36 - May 18 with 1404 viewsSpruceMoose

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:31 - May 18 by Ricard0

Boris is a Tory and therefore being born with a sliver spoon in his mouth is already factored in in voters minds. Farage (whether you like him or loathe him) was able to tap into an anti-establishment and Eurosceptic trend within British politics - this made his background less relevant for working class voters. Starmer, on the other, is neither a Tory nor an anti-establishment figure, and therefore his background will be used against him.

That sounds an awful lot like the 'but Labour' argument though. Judge them all by the same standards.

I'm going to just hope the voters aren't going to fall for it yet again, and start to vote for politicians who embody integrity, intelligence and honesty.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 03:23 - May 18 with 1380 viewsRicard0

The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 00:36 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

That sounds an awful lot like the 'but Labour' argument though. Judge them all by the same standards.

I'm going to just hope the voters aren't going to fall for it yet again, and start to vote for politicians who embody integrity, intelligence and honesty.

Well to be fair, Labour was founded specifically to represent the interests of the working class so it is understandable why such a difference in standards exists. Of course, Labour is no longer a working class party (neither in leadership, MP's, membership, and now even voters), so I can see why you and others would complain over the nature of such attacks. Maybe if Labour changed their name to the 'Social Democrats' or something, and dropped the pretence of being a working class party then these 'smears' would probably not be published.
The Mail on Sunday exclusive... Keir Starmer owns a field! on 06:12 - May 18 with 1360 viewsm14_blue

Born in London...tick
Europhile...tick
Knighthood and QC...tick
Multimillionaire...tick

Let’s just wait and see shall we?

The cult of Boris is collapsing as we speak, I think the scales have fallen from Dave’s eyes to be honest, if this list and the MoS article is the best you can come up with to discredit KS then the future really is red.

And fancy having the nerve to have worked his way up to QC. God forbid we have someone of intelligence and integrity running the country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024