Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) 11:10 - May 30 with 3110 viewsartsbossbeard

Just realised I'd actually got the story wrong.

I was under the impression that once he'd tested his eyesight by driving to a castle on his wife's birthday, they'd carried on with their journey to London after picking their stuff up from the Durham house with his name on the deeds.

I hadn't grasped that they didn't travel back south til the day after, which, if possible, makes the whole thing worse and makes us, the general public, look even more stupid.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:18 - May 30 with 2458 viewsWD19

Not sure that minor misunderstanding on your part is material tbh.
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:20 - May 30 with 2450 viewsartsbossbeard

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:18 - May 30 by WD19

Not sure that minor misunderstanding on your part is material tbh.

Agreed. Kinda confirms it was a birthday jolly, if this actually needed confirmation.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:26 - May 30 with 2425 viewsclive_baker

I've lost track of his bullsh1t sequence of events to be honest but I know enough to be fairly confident in my conclusion that he's lied about some elements. I don't doubt it was a difficult time for his family but whichever way you cut it, his actions weren't solely concerned with the welfare of his kid, which would've been defendable. He's gone away for a jolly at a time when the vast majority were making difficult sacrifices, making him a massive hypocrite and a c0ck.

The worst thing about all this isn't the act itself IMO, its the bare faced lies he and the govt. are happy to stand behind since, and still to this day. If Johnson had have come out and condemned it, said it was a mistake in a time of need, given him a warning etc I genuinely wouldn't have been too bothered by it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:27 - May 30 with 2410 viewsartsbossbeard

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:26 - May 30 by clive_baker

I've lost track of his bullsh1t sequence of events to be honest but I know enough to be fairly confident in my conclusion that he's lied about some elements. I don't doubt it was a difficult time for his family but whichever way you cut it, his actions weren't solely concerned with the welfare of his kid, which would've been defendable. He's gone away for a jolly at a time when the vast majority were making difficult sacrifices, making him a massive hypocrite and a c0ck.

The worst thing about all this isn't the act itself IMO, its the bare faced lies he and the govt. are happy to stand behind since, and still to this day. If Johnson had have come out and condemned it, said it was a mistake in a time of need, given him a warning etc I genuinely wouldn't have been too bothered by it.

Yep, and then the country would have moved on, I'm sure.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:34 - May 30 with 2388 viewsclive_baker

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:27 - May 30 by artsbossbeard

I think some people would've called for his head but that would've subsided pretty quickly. What the govt has done in fabricating a nonsense story is opened up the door to the whole interrogation of events which the media have unsurprisingly latched onto. They would've been better off admitting to it, with the context of the thought process, but ultimately concluding it wasn't appropriate and ticking him off, putting the matter to bed. They've gone from a case of 1 person making a mistake, to 1 person making a mistake, lying about it, and outing the whole party as complicit in that, with zero regard for the general public that they purport to serve. Morons.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:37 - May 30 with 2382 viewsfactual_blue

Of course you have. The entire tissue of lies is an ex post facto construction.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:37 - May 30 with 2382 viewsfactual_blue

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:20 - May 30 by artsbossbeard

Agreed. Kinda confirms it was a birthday jolly, if this actually needed confirmation.

And to console his mother, whose brother died in London about this time.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:42 - May 30 with 2359 viewsDubtractor

100% this.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 12:59 - May 30 with 2259 viewsbluejacko

This is going on and on! But why is nobody actually concerned that an elected politician drove from Wales (who have a stricter lock down than us) to London to visit Kinnock senior for his birthday and then drove back? Kinnock was actually spoken to by the police and warned but this seems to be ok?
After all none of us were supposed to drive round the corner let alone Wales to London and back for a birthday bash!
Was that not going out for a jolly?
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 13:47 - May 30 with 2194 viewsHerbivore

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 12:59 - May 30 by bluejacko

This is going on and on! But why is nobody actually concerned that an elected politician drove from Wales (who have a stricter lock down than us) to London to visit Kinnock senior for his birthday and then drove back? Kinnock was actually spoken to by the police and warned but this seems to be ok?
After all none of us were supposed to drive round the corner let alone Wales to London and back for a birthday bash!

Excellent whataboutery.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 13:51 - May 30 with 2182 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kinnock wasn’t infected.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:03 - May 30 with 2150 viewscatch74

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 11:27 - May 30 by artsbossbeard

The radio 4 interview by his wife, saying he was in bed (doggo, leg muscles cramping etc - but nothing about eyesight issues) for ten days. This would have been 28th March to 6th April - he picked his soon up from hospital on 4th April in his account!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:26 - May 30 with 2116 viewsBlueBadger

Doesn't Stephen Kinnock have a house in London as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:29 - May 30 with 2106 viewsWeWereZombies

The sequence of events is very clearly described by Professor Anand Menon in this weeks 'The News Quiz' (from 02:38 to 04:57):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000jhpb

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:37 - May 30 with 2082 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Not sure I agree with your first paragraph...

I'd say he was precisely looking after the child's welfare. That any sensible person whose wife likely had covid-19, would then spend several hours in a confined space (the car) with said wife and child.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:40 - May 30 with 2074 viewsWD19

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 13:51 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

Kinnock wasn’t infected.

Or more specifically: With the benefit of hindsight it is unlikely that Kinnock was infected. He could have been asymptomatic, but it is relatively unlikely. None of which he knew for sure at the time.

Doesn’t belong on this thread, but his trip wasn’t OK. Being (probably) ‘a bit less worse’ than Cummings is not a great claim to fame.
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:02 - May 30 with 2044 viewsbluejacko

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 14:26 - May 30 by BlueBadger

Doesn't Stephen Kinnock have a house in London as well?

Doesn’t Cummings have a house in Cumbria as well?
None of it is good but the moral outrage over one and not another is staggering!Ian Blackford driving from London to Scotland to self isolate 5 days after lockdown!
I am sure there are plenty more examples.
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:06 - May 30 with 2032 viewsBlueBadger

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:02 - May 30 by bluejacko

None of it is good but the moral outrage over one and not another is staggering!Ian Blackford driving from London to Scotland to self isolate 5 days after lockdown!

The difference here is that Kinnock is an opposition back-bencher with no influence on government policy who held his hands up, apologised and didn't try and lie or offer up feeble, nonsensical excuses for his actions, nor have any of his superiors attempt to defend or deflect his activities. Unlike Cummings, who has remained in post when other similar government employees involved in Covid-19 policy.

Ian Blackford, meanwhile, was travelling home to his constituency from parliament(as would a lot of other non-London based MP's) where he'd been attending and, to my knowledge has not attended since because he's been following guidelines Unlike the bloke who helped to draw them up.

Both are nowhere near at the level of undermining guidelines and public trust that Cummings has, so spare us your whattaboutery.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 15:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:18 - May 30 with 1999 viewsbluejacko

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:06 - May 30 by BlueBadger

The difference here is that Kinnock is an opposition back-bencher with no influence on government policy who held his hands up, apologised and didn't try and lie or offer up feeble, nonsensical excuses for his actions, nor have any of his superiors attempt to defend or deflect his activities. Unlike Cummings, who has remained in post when other similar government employees involved in Covid-19 policy.

Ian Blackford, meanwhile, was travelling home to his constituency from parliament(as would a lot of other non-London based MP's) where he'd been attending and, to my knowledge has not attended since because he's been following guidelines Unlike the bloke who helped to draw them up.

Both are nowhere near at the level of undermining guidelines and public trust that Cummings has, so spare us your whattaboutery.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 15:09]

I was asking a civil question,
Whattaboutery has nothing to do with it, they both were idiots yet because you ‘apologise’ after being nabbed by the boys in blue let’s not mention it again eh?
Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:20 - May 30 with 1995 viewsBlueBadger

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:18 - May 30 by bluejacko

I was asking a civil question,
Whattaboutery has nothing to do with it, they both were idiots yet because you ‘apologise’ after being nabbed by the boys in blue let’s not mention it again eh?

We all know you were doing. And you, like all the rest of the people trying to defend and deflect, aren't bright enough to do it and the story isn't credible enough.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:21 - May 30 with 1997 viewsBlueBadger

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 13:47 - May 30 by Herbivore

Excellent whataboutery.

I swear, the whatabouttery train must have been privatised and taken over by Southern Rail at some time in the past few weeks, because it's becoming increasingly piss-poor in quality.

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:29 - May 30 with 1988 viewsWeWereZombies

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:02 - May 30 by bluejacko

The Ian Blackford one is curious, because I am wondering about the dates as I have an eyewitness report I could bring into play.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:33 - May 30 with 1980 viewsHerbivore

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:29 - May 30 by WeWereZombies

The Ian Blackford one is curious, because I am wondering about the dates as I have an eyewitness report I could bring into play.

I think he travelled back home on the Thursday that the lockdown legislation was passed, the 26th.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:36 - May 30 with 1970 viewsfactual_blue

Did Stephen Kinnock concoct a patently ludicrous story of lies to try and justify what he did?

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:37 - May 30 with 1963 viewsbluejacko

Cummings reprise (yeah, I know, move on, etc) on 15:20 - May 30 by BlueBadger

We all know you were doing. And you, like all the rest of the people trying to defend and deflect, aren't bright enough to do it and the story isn't credible enough.

Nowhere did I say I was trying to deflect what he done! I was asking simply why is that some are taken to task and others aren’t.
So come down off your high horse and don’t put words in other people’s mouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024