Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram 15:21 - Jun 2 with 9698 viewsLibero

telling people to remove the black lives matters hashtag from their blackout posts.
It appears to always be a variation of "take out the black lives matter hashtag, you're blocking educational content" - Instagram, educational content?!
God lord.

What an outstanding coalition of tw@ts, cringey, the whole thing.

Any way, next week I'm going to start a a campaign, Icebucket challenge to combat human trafficking, anyone? Gonna really stick it to them.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 870 viewsclive_baker

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Some white people are born into poverty.

Correct, they are.

White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard. It means your skin tone isn't one of the things making it harder.

There are lots of privileges; socio-economic as you eluded to, gender, sexuality, able-bodied. Skin colour is certainly one, and probably the most evidenced throughout history.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:25]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:25 - Jun 2 with 862 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:24 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

Correct, they are.

White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard. It means your skin tone isn't one of the things making it harder.

There are lots of privileges; socio-economic as you eluded to, gender, sexuality, able-bodied. Skin colour is certainly one, and probably the most evidenced throughout history.

broadly agree.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:27 - Jun 2 with 857 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Here comes alt right man to warn us all of the perils of virtue signalling.

I literally called trump out for it in the same post you should be careful labeling someone a racist. See my response to SM below.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:28 - Jun 2 with 850 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:23 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sure so everyone posting a back out square on their Instagram is doing what exactly?

Community work? Donating, trying to bring about change in their company hiring policies? Or will they go back to posting their holiday and happy hour pictures later this summer with not a second thought?

How do you know they aren't doing both? At a quick glance at least they appear to be doing more valuable work than fellating themselves in public over their prime Super Bowl seats.

You know what they say about assumptions... they make you look like a d1ck.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:33]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:31 - Jun 2 with 836 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:27 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I literally called trump out for it in the same post you should be careful labeling someone a racist. See my response to SM below.

I never said you were a racist. I just think you're reliably thick as mince. We can work on that though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:35 - Jun 2 with 827 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:28 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

How do you know they aren't doing both? At a quick glance at least they appear to be doing more valuable work than fellating themselves in public over their prime Super Bowl seats.

You know what they say about assumptions... they make you look like a d1ck.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:33]

Ok great so everyone doing this on social media today is going to give up a lot their time and be an activist for change, good to know thanks for correcting me there.

They haven’t before, can’t you see the in the moment sheep mentality of social media? They are the same people that get drunk waving rainbows flags twice a year and shop at WholeFoods.

I am hoping this is a watershed moment as much as anyone else but if you think all these white privileged millennials will start doing all this you’re unfortunately mistaken.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:36 - Jun 2 with 817 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:31 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

I never said you were a racist. I just think you're reliably thick as mince. We can work on that though.

I’d say the alt right are pretty racist. So two insults in two posts, you seem to be able to engage in debate nicely today.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:37 - Jun 2 with 814 viewssparks

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:24 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

Correct, they are.

Thinking aloud here. I wonder whether the terminology used risks undermining the cause. Certainly it is often a bone of contention as evidecned in this and other threads.

Telling someone they are privileged is a sort of passive agressive attack- always likely to get a reaction (and not necessarily a reasoned one). Its the difference between someone saying "I have had a really tough time because of X" and saying "You've had everything easy". The first comment provokes sympathy, and the second is likely to provoke defensiveness.

I just wonder whether calling people privileged ends up distracting from the real point and creating a conflict.

I get that it is perhaps necessary to prod people into recognising they have a better position, because of societal issues and discrmination, than others. Difficult balance.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:38 - Jun 2 with 804 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:31 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

You’re responding to a response that wasn’t for you calling me thick. Nice.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:39 - Jun 2 with 800 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:35 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok great so everyone doing this on social media today is going to give up a lot their time and be an activist for change, good to know thanks for correcting me there.

They haven’t before, can’t you see the in the moment sheep mentality of social media? They are the same people that get drunk waving rainbows flags twice a year and shop at WholeFoods.

I am hoping this is a watershed moment as much as anyone else but if you think all these white privileged millennials will start doing all this you’re unfortunately mistaken.

Any actual evidence or are you just in the market to make baseless claims about people you with beliefs you don't like?

I'm sure you're right though. It's white millennials who are mostly to blame for the centuries of black oppression. It's awfully good of you to take the time to critique them so thoughtfully.

Jesus wept. You can't be here on one of those genius visas, that's for sure.

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:40 - Jun 2 with 784 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:36 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’d say the alt right are pretty racist. So two insults in two posts, you seem to be able to engage in debate nicely today.

You do realise your opening salvo today was to accuse me of thinking a lot of myself right?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior 2 Jun 2020 16:17
You’re full of yourself lately eh.

Don't dish it out if you're too thin skinned to take a little back.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:40]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:41 - Jun 2 with 775 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:39 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Any actual evidence or are you just in the market to make baseless claims about people you with beliefs you don't like?

I'm sure you're right though. It's white millennials who are mostly to blame for the centuries of black oppression. It's awfully good of you to take the time to critique them so thoughtfully.

Jesus wept. You can't be here on one of those genius visas, that's for sure.

Yes plenty of evidence, the past behavior of most of those people on my feed. You’re literally not critiquing any of my claims just insults as usual.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:41 - Jun 2 with 773 viewsBlueBadger

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Here comes alt right man to warn us all of the perils of virtue signalling.

Is there a term for people who insist in loudly trumpeting their ignorance and/or vile views across the internet?

'W*anker signalling'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:42 - Jun 2 with 762 viewsfooters

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:35 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good to see you've got your priorities right here. Not one actual post on the subject at hand yet, just attacks on some imagined liberal enemy.

Good for you. I suppose it helps... in a way.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 753 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:41 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes plenty of evidence, the past behavior of most of those people on my feed. You’re literally not critiquing any of my claims just insults as usual.

Perhaps you should take it up with them then rather than peacocking your misapprehensions on here.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:44]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 751 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:41 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

Is there a term for people who insist in loudly trumpeting their ignorance and/or vile views across the internet?

'W*anker signalling'?

Is that directed at me, please go ahead and explain either point?
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:47 - Jun 2 with 727 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:40 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

You do realise your opening salvo today was to accuse me of thinking a lot of myself right?

This may blow your mind but if you oppose fascism... by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior 2 Jun 2020 16:17
You’re full of yourself lately eh.

Don't dish it out if you're too thin skinned to take a little back.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:40]

Your self riotously claiming you’re correct without really addressing any points.

You’ve called me a dick and thick as mince seems a but more over the top but whatever floats your boat.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:54 - Jun 2 with 706 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:37 - Jun 2 by sparks

Thinking aloud here. I wonder whether the terminology used risks undermining the cause. Certainly it is often a bone of contention as evidecned in this and other threads.

Telling someone they are privileged is a sort of passive agressive attack- always likely to get a reaction (and not necessarily a reasoned one). Its the difference between someone saying "I have had a really tough time because of X" and saying "You've had everything easy". The first comment provokes sympathy, and the second is likely to provoke defensiveness.

I just wonder whether calling people privileged ends up distracting from the real point and creating a conflict.

I get that it is perhaps necessary to prod people into recognising they have a better position, because of societal issues and discrmination, than others. Difficult balance.

There's an element of truth in what you are saying, but how much do you think the responsibility lies on the white person, as the historically dominant race, to put aside their feelings and reflect upon how it really isn't about them personally?

The definition of WP is out there, it's readily accessible to all, the fact that white people are often also disenfranchised isn't in dispute, so why should it fall onto the shoulders of the black person to keep coddling the white person's feelings by saying 'Yes, we know, don't worry, not all white people'?

To my mind it is the same as 'Not all men' statements. Men don't really think think that women talking about being on the receiving end of violence from men think that every single man on Earth behaves this way. Is it possible that what men who feel the need to say 'not all men' are really doing is saying 'I'm not like that and it make me uncomfortable hearing it'?

Instead of (however unintentionally) shutting down the experiences and words of oppressed people because of the discomfort felt when feeling that they are talking about you, don't you think it would be better to amplify them to clearly display that you're their ally?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:58]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:56 - Jun 2 with 700 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:47 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Your self riotously claiming you’re correct without really addressing any points.

You’ve called me a dick and thick as mince seems a but more over the top but whatever floats your boat.

I assure you I am not doing any 'self rioting' over here. But keep it up Mr Stable Genius.

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:56 - Jun 2 with 696 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:42 - Jun 2 by footers

Good to see you've got your priorities right here. Not one actual post on the subject at hand yet, just attacks on some imagined liberal enemy.

Good for you. I suppose it helps... in a way.

I was talking a lot about the subject Sunday evening on here. I was trying to make a broader point about social Media, which was actually how this thread started (not by me either). God forbid anyone has a difference of opinion about something on here, vile, ignorant, alt right, thick as mince just for suggesting people won’t back up this 24 hour movement with action (as they haven’t in the past).
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:58 - Jun 2 with 686 viewsBlueBadger

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:43 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is that directed at me, please go ahead and explain either point?

As a general rule, anyone using the term' 'virtue signalling' is a bit of a tosser. And I was wondering if there's an equivalent term for these people.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:59 - Jun 2 with 679 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:56 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

I assure you I am not doing any 'self rioting' over here. But keep it up Mr Stable Genius.

Sorry sir, on iPhone but another insult and not any counter points, top marks for engaging in any real debate.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 17:00 - Jun 2 with 674 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:56 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I was talking a lot about the subject Sunday evening on here. I was trying to make a broader point about social Media, which was actually how this thread started (not by me either). God forbid anyone has a difference of opinion about something on here, vile, ignorant, alt right, thick as mince just for suggesting people won’t back up this 24 hour movement with action (as they haven’t in the past).

Wades in to thread by calling someone full of themselves, spouts off about millennials, refuses to address any counter points, cries when people point out hes dropping brain whoopies, resorts to claiming he's being bullied.

Couldn't get more Trumpian.

If you actually have a different perspective then let us hear it. Opening up with 'you're full of yourself' means you have no moral high ground here. Want respect? Try showing some first.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 17:01]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 17:01 - Jun 2 with 671 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:58 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

As a general rule, anyone using the term' 'virtue signalling' is a bit of a tosser. And I was wondering if there's an equivalent term for these people.

Oh ok then.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 667 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:59 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sorry sir, on iPhone but another insult and not any counter points, top marks for engaging in any real debate.

I must have missed your post where you engaged in any debate. Please, take the opportunity to share.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024