Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr 10:16 - Jul 2 with 2665 viewsElderGrizzly

Against all FCO advice and going via Bulgaria to avoid ban in travel between UK and Greece

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:02 - Jul 2 with 732 views26_Paz

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 21:55 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

You really buy that? Blimey.

No one should be criticised for being a responsible landlord

The Paz Man

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:33 - Jul 2 with 711 viewsjeera

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 20:35 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

He was making a property he rents out to holiday makers COVID secure. What an absolute b@stard ...

How's he doing that?

Do you reckon he's going about with a J-Cloth and a bucket of disinfectant?

What do you think of his route to get there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:37 - Jul 2 with 705 viewsElderGrizzly

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:33 - Jul 2 by jeera

How's he doing that?

And how do you make a private residence Covid secure?

The main thing is cleaning between guests and i’m assuming he isn’t hanging around to do that...
An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:41 - Jul 2 with 698 viewsHerbivore

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:02 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

You're in so deep I think you might even believe what you're posting. Frightening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:42 - Jul 2 with 696 views26_Paz

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:33 - Jul 2 by jeera

How's he doing that?

Getting there the most efficient way he can, no issues with that, very smart. I don’t know what he’s doing maybe distancing outside tables or putting sanitiser in, who knows

The Paz Man

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:43 - Jul 2 with 693 views26_Paz

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:37 - Jul 2 by ElderGrizzly

And how do you make a private residence Covid secure?

The main thing is cleaning between guests and i’m assuming he isn’t hanging around to do that...

I’m sure he has cleaners but he probably wants to make sure everything is done right. Nothing wrong with that

The Paz Man

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:51 - Jul 2 with 684 viewsjeera

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:42 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

Getting there the most efficient way he can, no issues with that, very smart. I don’t know what he’s doing maybe distancing outside tables or putting sanitiser in, who knows

So anything you can think of without the consideration you're bending over backwards to do so.

His son is the actual Prime Minister of the UK.

And he's sneaking into Greece the back way to evade the rules to move some tables about?

Righto.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 23:58 - Jul 2 with 662 viewsNthsuffolkblue

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 11:39 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

On the plus side, it's another example of the Daily Mail showing up this government and the people around it for the a-holes they are. At this rate some Mail readers may slowly start to see the light (possibly).

The DM finds it safe to do this 4 years out from a General Election.

Rest assured they will be back to form in 3-and-a-half years.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 09:06 - Jul 3 with 609 viewsDubtractor

Apparently it was only advice, not a law, and people are free to make their own decisions on advice.

This scummy government couldn't treat us with more contempt if they tried.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 09:26 - Jul 3 with 598 viewsHerbivore

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 09:06 - Jul 3 by Dubtractor

Apparently it was only advice, not a law, and people are free to make their own decisions on advice.

This scummy government couldn't treat us with more contempt if they tried.

They'd tell us black was white if it meant not having to criticise one of their own. Pathetic and takes us all for mugs. I don't think they realise quite how much anger they are stoking up with their shamelessness.

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 10:30 - Jul 3 with 567 viewsTractorWood

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 09:26 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

They'd tell us black was white if it meant not having to criticise one of their own. Pathetic and takes us all for mugs. I don't think they realise quite how much anger they are stoking up with their shamelessness.

I agree. It's mean spirited and grim. However, he is correct.

The Cummings saga was a clear and irrefutable breach of law.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 10:35 - Jul 3 with 558 viewsSwansea_Blue

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:02 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

The mental gymnastics is hilarious.

It's his flouting of guidance designed to keep people safe during a pandemic that's being criticised, not his landlord credentials.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 11:40 - Jul 3 with 536 viewsHerbivore

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 10:30 - Jul 3 by TractorWood

I agree. It's mean spirited and grim. However, he is correct.

The Cummings saga was a clear and irrefutable breach of law.

He very carefully avoids saying that the advice was against all but essential foreign travel. It's still a very bad look when someone from the PM's inner circle is ignoring advice that they expect the rest of us to follow. It would just be nice for them to be honest and either say tthat actually it was wrong of him to ignore the advice, or to be even more honest and say the advice only really applies to the plebs and not the likes of Johnson Snr and that's why it's fine for him to ignore the advice.

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 12:42 - Jul 3 with 501 viewsTractorWood

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 11:40 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

He very carefully avoids saying that the advice was against all but essential foreign travel. It's still a very bad look when someone from the PM's inner circle is ignoring advice that they expect the rest of us to follow. It would just be nice for them to be honest and either say tthat actually it was wrong of him to ignore the advice, or to be even more honest and say the advice only really applies to the plebs and not the likes of Johnson Snr and that's why it's fine for him to ignore the advice.

Johnson Snr clearly influenced BoJo in reopening zoos and wildlife parks so it is not unreasonable to give him some stick.

Ignoring FCO advice is pretty reckless imho. Support abroad is something most people totally take for granted until they need an emergency travel permit in Yangon when their flight is tomorrow etc.

The Tories have this way of not condemning/reacting in vastly tone deaf ways when something is clearly wrong or has an obvious answer but in this horrifically condescending way. See Cummings, see Raab a few weeks ago, BoJo Snr etc etc.

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 13:04 - Jul 3 with 490 viewsgiant_stow

Whats toff from MiC doing there? Hes not slipping her one is he?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 457 viewsitfcjoe

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 11:39 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

On the plus side, it's another example of the Daily Mail showing up this government and the people around it for the a-holes they are. At this rate some Mail readers may slowly start to see the light (possibly).

This overriding and long running policy of those who are friends, relatives and colleagues of Boris being able to get away with doing what they want with a follow up of 'I now consider this matter closed' is the sort of thing that will really hurt them around the next GE.

Stanley Johnson, Robert Jenrick, Dominic Cummings - as the list gets bigger and bigger it is going to become a real problem and back to the sleaze days of the 90s.

British people don't stand for a lack of fair play, especially when it is shoved in their faces whih the Mail are happy to do so because the sort of thing that winds up their readers.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 456 viewsitfcjoe

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 22:43 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

I’m sure he has cleaners but he probably wants to make sure everything is done right. Nothing wrong with that

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 15:34 - Jul 3 with 456 viewsitfcjoe

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 09:26 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

You know this interview will be replayed in a few weeks when he is breaking quarantine

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 16:00 - Jul 3 with 427 viewsRyorry

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 15:30 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

This overriding and long running policy of those who are friends, relatives and colleagues of Boris being able to get away with doing what they want with a follow up of 'I now consider this matter closed' is the sort of thing that will really hurt them around the next GE.

Stanley Johnson, Robert Jenrick, Dominic Cummings - as the list gets bigger and bigger it is going to become a real problem and back to the sleaze days of the 90s.

British people don't stand for a lack of fair play, especially when it is shoved in their faces whih the Mail are happy to do so because the sort of thing that winds up their readers.

Problem is that a lot of voters have very short term + selective memories, esp when catchy slogans are slapped onto the sides of buses etc. a few days before polling which tend to over-ride shenanigans of years ago (if we had an effective opposition which reminded voters of those shenanigans it would help of course).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 17:21 - Jul 3 with 403 viewsTractorWood

An ‘essential’ trip to Greece by Johnson snr on 13:04 - Jul 3 by giant_stow

Whats toff from MiC doing there? Hes not slipping her one is he?!

They've been friends for ages. I think he's been on MiC before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024