Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Football Manager nerds 13:53 - Jul 13 with 17305 viewstractordownsouth

Haven't played properly for a while and got a few days off work... I somehow managed to delete my Town save so I'll get going with a new one. Any good ideas for teams to start a save with? Preferably football league or foreign teams.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:47 - Jul 14 with 5543 viewstractordownsouth

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:21 - Jul 14 by Libero

Good man, what are your plans going in?
Any particular style of play you're looking to implement?

Played 3 games so far and have failed to score a goal. Drew 0-0 with Crewe, lost 1-0 to Colchester and 3-0 to Posh in the cup.

My board expectations are to finish top half. I was surprised at that considering they went up IRL, but there's only 50k to play with and 21 in the squad to start, and 5 of them are loans.

My main formation is a 4-2-3-1 vertical tiki taka with a 5-3-2 cautious for games when we're up against it. I've signed a couple of free agent CMs because I like the 4-4-2 diamond narrow so might try that.

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:51 - Jul 14 with 5536 viewsLibero

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:47 - Jul 14 by tractordownsouth

Played 3 games so far and have failed to score a goal. Drew 0-0 with Crewe, lost 1-0 to Colchester and 3-0 to Posh in the cup.

My board expectations are to finish top half. I was surprised at that considering they went up IRL, but there's only 50k to play with and 21 in the squad to start, and 5 of them are loans.

My main formation is a 4-2-3-1 vertical tiki taka with a 5-3-2 cautious for games when we're up against it. I've signed a couple of free agent CMs because I like the 4-4-2 diamond narrow so might try that.

Double pivot? Or are the two in the middle more progressive?

I always find that shape is dictated by personnel, too a degree early on so is your style of play, but obviously if you've got a certain style you're trying to implement you select/recruit based on those attributes.

Honestly mate, here's a quick tip that I promise will make a difference.
Set all your throws to long throws and pile your centre halves into the box, poacher type striker in front of the keeper, leaving full backs to defend.
I'd never even considered deviating from the preset throw in's but when I did I found it really got results.
Don't be put off if your players don't have good throw in stats, you'll be surprised just how good someone with an 11 is at taking a long throw!
FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 5460 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How much is FM2020 at the moment? Were they not making it available for free during lockdown? Is it still CD or only on Steam?

Not played it for years but I feel like sorting out Evans mess and getting us back amongst the European elite.

Adding to the thread, my best save ever was with Doncaster who were then in the Conference. Seasons were something like 8th CONF, 2nd CONF promoted, 1st L2, 6th L1 (lost playoffs), 3rd L1 (lost playoffs), 1st L1, 1st CHAMP, 16th PREM, 7th PREM, 4th PREM and qualified to CL.

Best moment in that was the year I finished 6th in League One. Played Chelsea away in the QF of the FA Cup and due to being 3rd and going for automatic and Chelsea being the current Premier League and Champions League holders and top of the PL I rested everyone.

We were 1-0 down and scored twice in the last 5 minutes to win. Absolutely amazing. A 16 year old regen striker got the winner after I decided to rest my backup strikers with not long left.

He never scored again.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:41 - Jul 16 with 5456 viewsKieran_Knows

Just seeing this thread pop up again, another save I want to try is Hamburg in the 2.Bundesliga. Still haven't managed to get themselves back up and I think that would be a good challenge to try get promoted and then challenge in the Bundesliga again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:51 - Jul 16 with 5432 viewsitfcjoe

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:41 - Jul 16 by Kieran_Knows

Just seeing this thread pop up again, another save I want to try is Hamburg in the 2.Bundesliga. Still haven't managed to get themselves back up and I think that would be a good challenge to try get promoted and then challenge in the Bundesliga again.

Is that not one that would just be a bit easy?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:58 - Jul 16 with 5420 viewsKieran_Knows

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:51 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Is that not one that would just be a bit easy?

I'm not sure. I tried it on FM19 and really struggled. They had a lot of high earners (£60k+ a week) that you couldn't shift and no transfer budget. Think I finished the first season in 8th and was never really in contention for the play-offs at any point.

Not sure about FM20 mind, although I do think 3/4 of those high earners have left now so may be a tad more easier. I think their squad this season is worse than last years so may be harder in that respect also.

Only just started with Austria Vienna but may give this a go if I start to get bored.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:59]

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:11 - Jul 16 with 5399 viewsitfcjoe

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:58 - Jul 16 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not sure. I tried it on FM19 and really struggled. They had a lot of high earners (£60k+ a week) that you couldn't shift and no transfer budget. Think I finished the first season in 8th and was never really in contention for the play-offs at any point.

Not sure about FM20 mind, although I do think 3/4 of those high earners have left now so may be a tad more easier. I think their squad this season is worse than last years so may be harder in that respect also.

Only just started with Austria Vienna but may give this a go if I start to get bored.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:59]

I haven't tried it but just can't imagine it is tough to get promoted first season?

Did you try the Red Bull challenge in the end?

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:37 - Jul 16 with 5373 viewsKieran_Knows

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:11 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I haven't tried it but just can't imagine it is tough to get promoted first season?

Did you try the Red Bull challenge in the end?

I'll give it a try at some point and let you know, ha!

I didn't in the end - although I do want too at some point. The other way I might do the Red Bull Challenge is to start as the club in Brazil, and then work my way through the teams (suspect it would be the Red Bull side in Brazil, then on to New York RB, then Salzburg and finally Leipzig).

I had so much time during lockdown when I should've started that, but ended up on a 12 year save with PSV which had me engrossed for weeks!

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:45 - Jul 16 with 5362 viewsbrazil1982

I purchased this yesterday...haven't played since the days of CM. I have taken control of Chelmsford...my goodness there's loads of detail isn't there?

I can't sign anyone due to little or no money so it's all in the training and tactics. I have only managed two friendlies so far, won 4-0 and 5-0 which is a nice start.

Need to get my head around the finer details of training and tactics, any advice gratefully received.
FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:17 - Jul 16 with 5339 viewsitfcjoe

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:37 - Jul 16 by Kieran_Knows

I'll give it a try at some point and let you know, ha!

I didn't in the end - although I do want too at some point. The other way I might do the Red Bull Challenge is to start as the club in Brazil, and then work my way through the teams (suspect it would be the Red Bull side in Brazil, then on to New York RB, then Salzburg and finally Leipzig).

I had so much time during lockdown when I should've started that, but ended up on a 12 year save with PSV which had me engrossed for weeks!

The City football group challenge could be similar as well

I'm still going on my Wrexham save, run out of puff and slid back into midtable in the PL again

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:58 - Jul 16 with 5323 viewsclive_baker

This thread inspired me to start a new save on Tuesday night, as Bath City in the Conference South. Skint as anything and wanted a top half finish.

1st season: Tough going, win one, lose one etc, playing a tika taka 5-3-2 with wingbacks. Rome wasn't built in a day though, and I couldn't do much to the squad as nobody wanted my players, and they were all on a 1 year deal. Spent 20% of my wage budget on Armand Traore. He's only 30, 5 years at Arsenal, Juventus, only a couple of seasons ago he was with Forest in the Championship and I've got him hacking around in my Bath team. Absolute scenes. He's a bad egg, only player to always react negatively to my team talks but he's got a wand of a left boot and loves an assist.

Finished 11th, board were pretty unhappy at one point but a brief meeting with them managed to get them onside and I limped through to the end of the season.

Huge close season followed, released all but 1 player (big Armand, obviously!). 9 free transfers, all kids from Prem sides (3 x Arsenal, 3 x Chelsea, 1 x Villa, 1 x Man Utd, 1 x Leicester) and 6 loanees later and I've got a paper thin but wonderfully talented squad that is full of potential. Approaching Christmas and top of the league, popping it about like you wouldn't believe.

Josh Eppiah my free from Leicester has 18 in 20. James Clark, one of the Chelsea kids is like peak Cafu at right wing back. Need to keep this gang together. I'm targeting football league by season 5.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FAO Football Manager nerds on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 5257 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FAO Football Manager nerds on 10:39 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

How much is FM2020 at the moment? Were they not making it available for free during lockdown? Is it still CD or only on Steam?

Not played it for years but I feel like sorting out Evans mess and getting us back amongst the European elite.

Adding to the thread, my best save ever was with Doncaster who were then in the Conference. Seasons were something like 8th CONF, 2nd CONF promoted, 1st L2, 6th L1 (lost playoffs), 3rd L1 (lost playoffs), 1st L1, 1st CHAMP, 16th PREM, 7th PREM, 4th PREM and qualified to CL.

Best moment in that was the year I finished 6th in League One. Played Chelsea away in the QF of the FA Cup and due to being 3rd and going for automatic and Chelsea being the current Premier League and Champions League holders and top of the PL I rested everyone.

We were 1-0 down and scored twice in the last 5 minutes to win. Absolutely amazing. A 16 year old regen striker got the winner after I decided to rest my backup strikers with not long left.

He never scored again.

Purchased last night. Jesus. The detail.

6pm - 1am and I only got two league games in after pre-season and sorting everything about.

Decided to start anywhere in the National Leagues and let the computer pick. Threw up Tonbridge Angels, newly promoted to the Conference South. Talk about a challenge.

£200 in the wage budget left, a squad with numerous holes in it and I managed to bring 5 or 6 in and got it looking like a reasonable XI with a selection of players I wouldn't want to rely on as squad players.

Nervy 1-0 win over Concord Rangers on the opening day, followed by a masterclass 4-1 away win at Chippenham in my second match. Aim is to not be in a relegation fight and 5 year plan is to simply be competitive in the division.

Set myself the target of promotion inside three seasons and trying to build some stability given half my players are on non-contracts and I've got no money to sign them on longer, I'm going to need a lot of luck and some good scouting.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:03 - Jul 17 with 5217 viewsAce_High1

Last game I started was the Carlo Ancelotti challenge. Trying to win all of the top European leagues.

Started at Ajax, spent two seasons and won 2 x Eredivisie, 1 x Dutch Cup and 1 x Dutch Super Cup.

Moved to Bayern Munich, spent one season there won the Bundesliga and German Super Cup.

Moved to Tottenham, spent one season and won the Europa League and amazingly the Premier league when the squad was really limited, Troy Parrott fired me to glory.

Then spent two years at Juventus, won the Europa League and Serie A first year and then Italian Super Cup and Serie A second season.

Resigned and now have a chance at the Dortmund job but I really need a job in France or Spain to complete the set, but no vacancies. Still not cracked the CL either.
FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:10 - Jul 17 with 5207 viewsKieran_Knows

FAO Football Manager nerds on 14:19 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

I've mentioned several times before, but I tend to manage in Europe's lesser nations. Have had very good saves with FC Luzern in Switzerland before, Austria Vienna in Austria (obvs) and PSV in Holland. Aim is to try build the leagues rep up, as well as taking charge of the respective national sides and seeing where I can take them also.

Spent most of FM20 playing as PSV, but after a 12 year save, it got a tad boring. So I have started with Austria Vienna and currently in my 2nd season.

So, 2nd season in, won the League and Cup double with Austria Vienna. This was somewhat aided by the fact that Salzburg (won the League in the first season by a canter) sold all their best players after winning the League.

Joshua Zirkzee is a must signing for anyone. Had him on loan during the first season and scored 15 goals in 23 games. 2nd season scored 27 goals in 27 games. Thiago Almada is phenomenal as well.

Not sure what to do now though. The club is in a real bad way in terms of finance (although I'm still waiting for the Champions League money for the new season coming up which should help). Half my squad are wanted by the big teams in Europe now so must decide whether to sell or not. Think I'll try stick it out and see how far in Europe we get, plus trying to overtake our rivals - Rapid Vienna - for league title wins.

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:12 - Jul 17 with 5204 viewsLibero

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:03 - Jul 17 by Ace_High1

Last game I started was the Carlo Ancelotti challenge. Trying to win all of the top European leagues.

Started at Ajax, spent two seasons and won 2 x Eredivisie, 1 x Dutch Cup and 1 x Dutch Super Cup.

Moved to Bayern Munich, spent one season there won the Bundesliga and German Super Cup.

Moved to Tottenham, spent one season and won the Europa League and amazingly the Premier league when the squad was really limited, Troy Parrott fired me to glory.

Then spent two years at Juventus, won the Europa League and Serie A first year and then Italian Super Cup and Serie A second season.

Resigned and now have a chance at the Dortmund job but I really need a job in France or Spain to complete the set, but no vacancies. Still not cracked the CL either.

I think I'm inadvertently doing that challenge in the save I previously mentioned.

EPL - Chelsea, Champions x2
Eredivisie - FC Utrecht, Champions
SPL - Celtic, Champions
LaLiga - Real Madrid, Champions x2
Serie A - Inter (although I took over to save them from relegation and left without winning a title)

I'd probably take the Bayern job at somepoint if it's offered, not sure I'd manage in France.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:14]
FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:35 - Jul 17 with 5188 viewsclive_baker

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:12 - Jul 17 by Libero

I think I'm inadvertently doing that challenge in the save I previously mentioned.

EPL - Chelsea, Champions x2
Eredivisie - FC Utrecht, Champions
SPL - Celtic, Champions
LaLiga - Real Madrid, Champions x2
Serie A - Inter (although I took over to save them from relegation and left without winning a title)

I'd probably take the Bayern job at somepoint if it's offered, not sure I'd manage in France.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:14]

I love how seriously you're taking this save lol. My favourite comment was "I went to West Ham purely because of their resources and the fact they were still relatively local".

Local! Saves finding new schools for the kids :) Love it.

I ran out of steam second half of season 2, dropped from top to 4th but won the P/O's so Conference National here we come. I've implemented your long throw tactic, and it's yielding some good results. I seem to win a number of penalties from them, and a few headed goals from my centre backs when their keeper comes out flapping.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FAO Football Manager nerds on 13:00 - Jul 17 with 5177 viewsLibero

FAO Football Manager nerds on 12:35 - Jul 17 by clive_baker

I love how seriously you're taking this save lol. My favourite comment was "I went to West Ham purely because of their resources and the fact they were still relatively local".

Local! Saves finding new schools for the kids :) Love it.

I ran out of steam second half of season 2, dropped from top to 4th but won the P/O's so Conference National here we come. I've implemented your long throw tactic, and it's yielding some good results. I seem to win a number of penalties from them, and a few headed goals from my centre backs when their keeper comes out flapping.

hahaha, mate, got to get into role.

Sometimes when considering a job I'll turn to the missus sat on the sofa and ask where she would rather live, she has on occasions taken an interest and asked which job pays more :')
Although asking her opinion screwed me over a bit when I rejected Newcastle and went with Crystal Palace, absolutely flopped there.

I've had that happen so many times in the past at lower levels, going great guns then all of a sudden the bottom drops out, players struggle to stay fit or the squad is so small they're knackered. Used to get the non league patch and enjoyed managing the local non league teams, haven't been able to find one for 19, although I've not really looked due to this save taking up so much game time.

That throw in routine is ace,
I've set it so you throw near post/high up the pitch to the centre half.
Other centre half is at the far post, best finisher is lurking in the six yard box, midfielders all in the box bar one who lurks on the edge, left back and right back stay back.
It causes chaos, and not just high up the pitch, quite often it'll get thrown to the centre half who knocks it down/back to a midfielder who paces it down the wing, crosses, goal! (or horrible sitter being missed/flagged for offside)

2040/41 season has started for me, won the Charity Shield and Super Cup and I'm yet to lose a league game in opening 5 games but the changes I've made to the squad are taking a bit of time to bed in, I can tell we're not quite as strong yet as last season.
I've over hauled the squad a bit, flogged on a couple of players in their late 20's who were never going to ever be able to be sold for that kind of money again and lowered the average age of my squad from 25 to 23!
I've now only 3 players over 26, one of those is 33 year old stalwart between the sticks who will probably retire here.

Keeping one eye open on if the Engand job comes up, really want another bash at the World Cup, it's the only international competition I haven't won for the nation.
Failing that or an offer from Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona, I imagine I'll stay at Chelsea until I look to wind down with my pre-retirement spell with Town.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 13:01]
FAO Football Manager nerds on 15:23 - Jul 23 with 5106 viewstractordownsouth

FAO Football Manager nerds on 11:47 - Jul 14 by tractordownsouth

Finished first season today and ended up top of the pile, winning the title on the last day. I switched my formations to the 4-1-2-3 gegenpress and 4-4-2 diamond and saw my fortunes change. Went through a dodgy patch in Feburary and failed to score a goal , losing 4 in a row after only 3 defeats in my first 32 matches, and cutting the gap between myself and 4th from 10 points to 1. Managed to pick up towards the end of the season and sealed the title with a 4-0 win over Port Vale - Connor Grant (remember him?) won the L2 player of the year award. Ryan Hardie (loan striker from Blackpool) won the golden boot too.

Oh and I reckon i scored 5-10 goals from the throw in tactic so cheers Libby!

Done my transfer business for the summer. I've let go of a fair bit of deadwood and have brought in a few players. I made Ryan Hardie's move permanent and signed Niall Mason from Peterborough plus a couple of Scottish youngsters and one from Man Utd. Angus MacDonald (CB from Hull) has joined on a free and is my new captain for next year. Expectation is to avoid relegation so I'd be happy with mid table - play offs are a possibility but will probably take 2 seasons.

How's everyone else doing?

FAO Football Manager nerds on 15:36 - Jul 23 with 5095 viewsKieran_Knows

FAO Football Manager nerds on 15:23 - Jul 23 by tractordownsouth

Finished first season today and ended up top of the pile, winning the title on the last day. I switched my formations to the 4-1-2-3 gegenpress and 4-4-2 diamond and saw my fortunes change. Went through a dodgy patch in Feburary and failed to score a goal , losing 4 in a row after only 3 defeats in my first 32 matches, and cutting the gap between myself and 4th from 10 points to 1. Managed to pick up towards the end of the season and sealed the title with a 4-0 win over Port Vale - Connor Grant (remember him?) won the L2 player of the year award. Ryan Hardie (loan striker from Blackpool) won the golden boot too.

Done my transfer business for the summer. I've let go of a fair bit of deadwood and have brought in a few players. I made Ryan Hardie's move permanent and signed Niall Mason from Peterborough plus a couple of Scottish youngsters and one from Man Utd. Angus MacDonald (CB from Hull) has joined on a free and is my new captain for next year. Expectation is to avoid relegation so I'd be happy with mid table - play offs are a possibility but will probably take 2 seasons.

3rd season at Austria Vienna now but lost my main man, Joshua Zirzkee to Chelsea as he had a £36m release fee. Half of Europe made triggered that so he had a host of teams he could've gone too. I did try renegotiate a new contract without the release fee (or even try up it) but he wasn't interested. Also was able to renegotiate a couple of fees with clubs for £30m up front, £5m over additional clauses and 25% of next fee, but annoyingly he chose Chelsea!

Luckily I had already signed Arezo from Argentina and Guebbels from Monaco the summer before so they've filled the void. Only signed one player, Benoît Badiashile from Monaco for £4m.

Sitting top after 10 games, 3 points ahead of Salzburg who spent a fortune. Managed to draw away at Bayern in the Champions League and beat Valencia at home, so hoping I might scrape 2nd in the group!

I did get a little bored of the save so fired up one with Anderlecht and have Vincent Kompany as player/assistant manager, just for that reason alone. Might give that a go if I find time, or the Vienna save does get completely boring.

FAO Football Manager nerds on 09:22 - Jul 31 with 4946 viewstractordownsouth

FAO Football Manager nerds on 15:23 - Jul 23 by tractordownsouth

I'm 2/3 of the way through my second season. We started off really brightly and were 3rd after 10 games but injuries happened and we now sit 9 points off the play offs in 13th. Bit disappointed because I was given a decent budget, but the objective was to avoid relegation so I won't get sacked.

As the season's a bit of a write off I'm going to spend the last 15 games looking for a good system. I've also done most of my business for next season in the January - I brought in Jack Evans (CDM from Swansea) for 200k and Kaz Sterling (LW from Tottenham) for a similar sum. Both have potential to be good Championship players. I've also got a deal to sign George Cooper (LW from Posh) at the end of the season, so will only realistically need 3 new players in the summer, which means the team should be settled enough to mount a promotion push next year.

Only problem is I think my tactics are a bit off. I ditched the 4-4-2 diamond after last season because I released the L2 standard CMs I had brought in just to play the system as an alternative to my main formation, the 4-1-2-3 Gegenpress. My other formations are a 4-1-2-3 vertical tiki taka and 4-4-2 with advanced wingers and Defensive Centre Mids with a cautious mentality. Only issue is that in briefings they don't like the 4-4-2 as the team finds it too attacking even though I have a cautious mentality.

Long story short, I'm looking for a more cautious system to compliment the Gegenpress, if anyone has any tips? Ideally with advanced wingers because I don't have any wide midfielders

FAO Football Manager nerds on 15:35 - Aug 2 with 4851 viewstractordownsouth

FAO Football Manager nerds on 09:22 - Jul 31 by tractordownsouth

I'm 2/3 of the way through my second season. We started off really brightly and were 3rd after 10 games but injuries happened and we now sit 9 points off the play offs in 13th. Bit disappointed because I was given a decent budget, but the objective was to avoid relegation so I won't get sacked.

As the season's a bit of a write off I'm going to spend the last 15 games looking for a good system. I've also done most of my business for next season in the January - I brought in Jack Evans (CDM from Swansea) for 200k and Kaz Sterling (LW from Tottenham) for a similar sum. Both have potential to be good Championship players. I've also got a deal to sign George Cooper (LW from Posh) at the end of the season, so will only realistically need 3 new players in the summer, which means the team should be settled enough to mount a promotion push next year.

Only problem is I think my tactics are a bit off. I ditched the 4-4-2 diamond after last season because I released the L2 standard CMs I had brought in just to play the system as an alternative to my main formation, the 4-1-2-3 Gegenpress. My other formations are a 4-1-2-3 vertical tiki taka and 4-4-2 with advanced wingers and Defensive Centre Mids with a cautious mentality. Only issue is that in briefings they don't like the 4-4-2 as the team finds it too attacking even though I have a cautious mentality.

Long story short, I'm looking for a more cautious system to compliment the Gegenpress, if anyone has any tips? Ideally with advanced wingers because I don't have any wide midfielders

I managed to improve drastically 2nd half of the season with a bit of Paul Jewell play off form, finishing 7th on 76 points, which should have been enough to qualify. I'm only 1 or 2 players away from getting that top 6 spot, so you can imagine my disappointment at only receiving 75k in my transfer budget. I have instalments of 60k to pay so the budget is essentially empty... I'll take some money from the bonuses when they give me the option but ideally want to do my business before July. In need of a box to box midfielder as my gegenpress formation is really starting to bear fruit and to replace my loanee left back who probably won't be allowed to move unless on a perm.

Think top 6 is possible next year though - I got half decent backing in my first 2 seasons but will have to do it the hard way now.

FAO Football Manager nerds on 17:36 - Aug 2 with 4814 viewsGiant_Midget

Recently started playing FM2020 after not having played FM for a number of years. To get to grips with the game I started an Ipswich game which I played until Feb 2020. Sent back Josh Earl (injured) and Luke Norris (no difference between him and Holy). Signed Jonathan Grounds on loan from Birmingham. Played a 3-2-3-2 formation (3 CB - 2 WB - 3 CM - 2 ST) to great affect. The defence was leaky and I conceded pretty much every game! Fortunately I usually scored more. I signed Tommie Hoban on a free in Jan and started to keep clean sheets. by February I'm in 2nd place and reasonably happy I know most the ins and outs of the game.

I've this afternoon started a new save with Stockport as I fancied a bit more of a challenge.

I have found its difficult to get rid of deadwood players, in past games I've usually stuck them on the transfer list and offered them to other clubs and then offers roll in, but no such luck in FM2020 it seems.
FAO Football Manager nerds on 17:54 - Aug 2 with 4806 viewsTrequartista

Championship Manager 2 is the best. Cuts out all the boring guff fiddling with training regimes of which you have no idea if they ever make any difference.

And its free to download and play.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

FAO Football Manager nerds on 17:59 - Aug 2 with 4804 viewsRyorry

I've never been into this, but am hearing that apparently Harrogate Town are now available in FM!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FAO Football Manager nerds on 18:55 - Aug 2 with 4779 viewstractordownsouth

FAO Football Manager nerds on 17:59 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

I've never been into this, but am hearing that apparently Harrogate Town are now available in FM!

They’ll be available in Fifa 2021 - even conference regional teams have been available in FM for years

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024