Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart just won the championship golden glove 23:31 - Jul 22 with 3993 viewsCokeIsKey

After we got an offer for £1.5 Million, denied it, loaned him out instead, and let him go for next to nothing in January. God I hate how this club is run...

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 00:27 - Jul 23 with 3882 viewsTieDyedIn95

The original transfer broke down due to his fitness if I recall correctly and it was all very public. I think if you are going to have a pop at the Club at all on that it's the fact Evans specifically named him as a player we would be keeping in his letter to ST holders and as soon as the renewals were in, we were in the market to sell.

Given that the Millwall side Bart is now playing in is hardly star studded as he's been their best player all season (he really has) and still ended up being the best keeper in the division it highlights how bad we really were that season we went down and how much the downgrading of the squad under Hurst really had an impact. Many of those players are still on our books and just led us to a mid-table 3rd division finish this season. That is very worrying moving forward.

It won't be a popular opinion but I firmly believe had we had Bart in goal for us this season we'd have gone up. A lot of points were dropped by Holy and Norris due to absolutely tragic goalkeeping errors but rather than pay over the odds on Barts wages and give the club the best chance of being promoted, we decided to save the money instead. This is the reason we will never progress as a club while Evans still owns it. No one can argue that Holy was the top goalkeeper in this division last season and he'd be absolutely destroyed in the league above. Gillingham even improved without him and finished above us in the league! Also those aimless balls he keeps pumping into the stands ... I don't understand the hype about Holy, he's tall but he's a bang average keeper at this level.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 05:56 - Jul 23 with 3721 viewsYallop

Lets not rewrite history. That isn't what happened
Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:10 - Jul 23 with 3508 viewspointofblue

Like many of our Championship experienced players, Bart was pretty poor in 2018/2019. Maybe he had his confidence dented by Hurst and Doig but he was the shadow of his former self. Looks like he’s returned to form now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 3490 viewsHerbivore

Not sure why the OP has so many uppies when it is completely factually inaccurate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:18 - Jul 23 with 3468 viewsPJH

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:16 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Not sure why the OP has so many uppies when it is completely factually inaccurate.

Making things up and posting on here is quite common, sometimes people like what has been made up.
Bart just won the championship golden glove on 09:45 - Jul 23 with 3294 viewsPendejo

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 00:27 - Jul 23 by TieDyedIn95

The original transfer broke down due to his fitness if I recall correctly and it was all very public. I think if you are going to have a pop at the Club at all on that it's the fact Evans specifically named him as a player we would be keeping in his letter to ST holders and as soon as the renewals were in, we were in the market to sell.

Given that the Millwall side Bart is now playing in is hardly star studded as he's been their best player all season (he really has) and still ended up being the best keeper in the division it highlights how bad we really were that season we went down and how much the downgrading of the squad under Hurst really had an impact. Many of those players are still on our books and just led us to a mid-table 3rd division finish this season. That is very worrying moving forward.

It won't be a popular opinion but I firmly believe had we had Bart in goal for us this season we'd have gone up. A lot of points were dropped by Holy and Norris due to absolutely tragic goalkeeping errors but rather than pay over the odds on Barts wages and give the club the best chance of being promoted, we decided to save the money instead. This is the reason we will never progress as a club while Evans still owns it. No one can argue that Holy was the top goalkeeper in this division last season and he'd be absolutely destroyed in the league above. Gillingham even improved without him and finished above us in the league! Also those aimless balls he keeps pumping into the stands ... I don't understand the hype about Holy, he's tall but he's a bang average keeper at this level.

The honours list on your post, it appears to be missing two;

1962/63 European Cup - Participants

1978/79 European Cup Winners Cup - Participants

If we weren't so tin pot these would be properly recorded and celebrated.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:00 - Jul 23 with 3258 viewsFacefacts

Fair play to him. He was finished with us. He moved to the right club. Stay on his line and make great saves. Rely on strong central defenders to head dangerous crosses away. So, Millwall the perfect club. Not playing out from the back, not very commanding of his penalty area. Those faults don't matter at Millwall. He would be as bad with us as he was towards the end of this career with us because we try to play out from the back, Paul Lambert has worked in European football, etc. Paul Hurst thought our highest paid player should totally command his penalty area and be a world beater..
Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:01 - Jul 23 with 3255 viewsChrisd

Bart just wasn't the same keeper for us during that last Championship campaign. He'd clearly lost his confidence and just wasn't performing to the level he had the previous seasons. He seemed a keeper that had gone mentally and was doubting himself, Bart needed the change to get his mojo back and he's done that successfully at Millwall.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:05 - Jul 23 with 3239 viewsHerbivore

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:00 - Jul 23 by Facefacts

Fair play to him. He was finished with us. He moved to the right club. Stay on his line and make great saves. Rely on strong central defenders to head dangerous crosses away. So, Millwall the perfect club. Not playing out from the back, not very commanding of his penalty area. Those faults don't matter at Millwall. He would be as bad with us as he was towards the end of this career with us because we try to play out from the back, Paul Lambert has worked in European football, etc. Paul Hurst thought our highest paid player should totally command his penalty area and be a world beater..

We try to play out from the back? We don't seem to try very hard.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:06 - Jul 23 with 3234 viewsRadlett_blue

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:10 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

Like many of our Championship experienced players, Bart was pretty poor in 2018/2019. Maybe he had his confidence dented by Hurst and Doig but he was the shadow of his former self. Looks like he’s returned to form now.

Bart was awful for most of 2018-19, but I think he was still out best player based on TWTD player ratings, which says quite a lot about them.
Millwall played a canny game, pulling out of a permanent transfer on completely spurious medical grounds.They then got him on loan as they knew Evans was desperate to lose his wage, he got into the team & did well. Somehow Evans faffed about in January about finding another buyer so it became Millwall or nothing, so they got him on the cheap. Evans may be a successful businessman, but he seems like a novice in the football world.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:15 - Jul 23 with 3202 viewsScuzzer

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:06 - Jul 23 by Radlett_blue

Bart was awful for most of 2018-19, but I think he was still out best player based on TWTD player ratings, which says quite a lot about them.
Millwall played a canny game, pulling out of a permanent transfer on completely spurious medical grounds.They then got him on loan as they knew Evans was desperate to lose his wage, he got into the team & did well. Somehow Evans faffed about in January about finding another buyer so it became Millwall or nothing, so they got him on the cheap. Evans may be a successful businessman, but he seems like a novice in the football world.

No he wasnt awful. Just not as good as previous seasons. It was World Cup fatigue. But just compare him at that point to what we had following...still head and shoulders above the replacements.

Established 1968

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 3172 viewsGarv

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 00:27 - Jul 23 by TieDyedIn95

Holy is all right. Would definitely have something to prove in the league above but he should be good enough for us in league one.

His kicking isn't perfect, does shank the odd one out but so did Bart and so did Gerken, just as much. And Holy can make it over halfway comfortably which is a nice change. He's also made a fair few decent saves, winning us important points, e.g the Wycombe penalty save.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:40 - Jul 23 with 3130 viewsIpswichKnight

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:22 - Jul 23 by Garv

Holy is all right. Would definitely have something to prove in the league above but he should be good enough for us in league one.

His kicking isn't perfect, does shank the odd one out but so did Bart and so did Gerken, just as much. And Holy can make it over halfway comfortably which is a nice change. He's also made a fair few decent saves, winning us important points, e.g the Wycombe penalty save.

Holy is also much more commanding of his area as well, I don't feel like were going to concede too many from corners and set pieces now it does help being able to reach what probably like nearly 3 M into the sky to pick the ball out of the air!
Bart just won the championship golden glove on 16:57 - Jul 23 with 2916 viewsBlueBadger

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 08:18 - Jul 23 by PJH

Making things up and posting on here is quite common, sometimes people like what has been made up.

Hence why we have the government we do.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 18:57 - Jul 23 with 2848 viewsBlueBadger

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

I think PRP DID try that system out about 428 systems ago, in all fairness.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 18:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 18:58 - Jul 23 with 2841 viewsBlueBadger

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:00 - Jul 23 by Facefacts

Your username is quite ironic really, isn't it?

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 21:10 - Jul 23 with 2759 viewspatrickswell

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:06 - Jul 23 by Radlett_blue

If we had been totally ruthless, we would have blanked Millwall once they started playing silly beggars and sold Bart on to another Championship club, but I think Bart wanted to go there because it meant he wouldn’t have to uproot his family or be too far away from them, and we accommodated that.
Bart just won the championship golden glove on 21:24 - Jul 23 with 2748 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bart just won the championship golden glove on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Tbf we sometimes try to. But we don't know what to do beyond the first pass, so it goes back to the keeper who hoofs, or the defenders panic under the tiniest pressure and hoof!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024