Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge 10:40 - Jul 26 with 7331 viewsPhilTWTD

At Hintlesham Hall, really good - and in some cases scatalogical - stories.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 11:36 - Jul 26 with 6529 viewsfactual_blue

And talking of golf...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 6386 viewsBluefish

Cheers i really enjoyed that. Mainly because I love Kieron's funny Suffolk accent

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:39 - Jul 26 with 6373 viewsDarth_Koont

Very good.

Lot of respect for Kieron in this. And a couple of lovely Sir Bobby stories too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 15:00 - Jul 26 with 6305 viewsfactual_blue

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:39 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

Very good.

Lot of respect for Kieron in this. And a couple of lovely Sir Bobby stories too.

I still think the two best Sir Bobby stories are when he moved house near Ipswich and then forgot and when home to his old house, and the one about calling Shola Ameobi Carlton Cole.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:10 - Jul 27 with 6024 viewscarlisleaway

One of the best stories of the Summer, well done Kieron.
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:35 - Jul 27 with 5963 viewsHipsterectomy

I love KD. Really hope he gets the chance to be our manager one day.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Carl Cort actually. (n/t) on 13:47 - Jul 27 with 5935 viewsBloots

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 15:00 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

I still think the two best Sir Bobby stories are when he moved house near Ipswich and then forgot and when home to his old house, and the one about calling Shola Ameobi Carlton Cole.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:06 - Jul 27 with 5903 viewsCoco

just appoint him now.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 15:45 - Jul 27 with 5832 viewsSeablu

When I saw this thread I thought he’d been back in Ayia Napa with Lampard & Ferdinand..
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:17 - Jul 28 with 5594 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:30 - Jul 28 with 5568 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:17 - Jul 28 by BryanPlug

Probably not wise to speculate.
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:33 - Jul 28 with 5559 viewsitfcjoe

This is well worth a watch if anyone hasn't done so as yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 17:10 - Jul 28 with 5488 viewsScottCandage

"I love my boxing. Ask Lee Bowyer."
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 23:23 - Jul 29 with 5232 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:31 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

Cheers i really enjoyed that. Mainly because I love Kieron's funny Suffolk accent

Same haha.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 23:29 - Jul 29 with 5227 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Watched this a few days ago as well. Really good. I still don't know if i see him as a manager. I think he would struggle to have that required line between manager and player. He's one of the lads. It was a bit concerning as well his reasons for leaving the youth set up. I.e. All the not coaching related aspects. There would be even more as a manager and dealing with agents etc.

I hope he gets an opportunity somewhere but we xan't take another managerial gamble. Hope Kiran proves me wrong. I'd hire him in a lot of capacities in a heart beat. Would love him to be given an interview and see how much homework he'd done and what ideas he'd bring etc. But I think he needs tocget out and get into a job quick. Maybe a good number 2 role with someone.

He's a good lad!

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 11:08 - Jul 30 with 5074 viewsBryanPlug

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:30 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

Probably not wise to speculate.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 11:18 - Jul 30 with 5061 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 11:08 - Jul 30 by BryanPlug

I think were all in agreement on that.
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 12:40 - Jul 30 with 5016 viewsHipsterectomy

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 23:29 - Jul 29 by Terry_Nutkins

Watched this a few days ago as well. Really good. I still don't know if i see him as a manager. I think he would struggle to have that required line between manager and player. He's one of the lads. It was a bit concerning as well his reasons for leaving the youth set up. I.e. All the not coaching related aspects. There would be even more as a manager and dealing with agents etc.

I hope he gets an opportunity somewhere but we xan't take another managerial gamble. Hope Kiran proves me wrong. I'd hire him in a lot of capacities in a heart beat. Would love him to be given an interview and see how much homework he'd done and what ideas he'd bring etc. But I think he needs tocget out and get into a job quick. Maybe a good number 2 role with someone.

He's a good lad!

This is a really good post.

Dealing with the parents of a 16 year old is arguably a lot easier than dealing with media, strong personality players, successful agents, potential harsh criticism from fans etc.

Then again, he always said Bobby Robson's man management was a huge influence on him.

Maybe Lee Bowyer number 1 with KD his number 2 lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:03 - Jul 30 with 4989 viewsDarth_Koont

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 12:40 - Jul 30 by Hipsterectomy

This is a really good post.

Dealing with the parents of a 16 year old is arguably a lot easier than dealing with media, strong personality players, successful agents, potential harsh criticism from fans etc.

Then again, he always said Bobby Robson's man management was a huge influence on him.

Maybe Lee Bowyer number 1 with KD his number 2 lol

I don't know about that. I get the feeling that before kids have "made it" and got a professional deal then there's a lot more on the line. It can be make or break for the majority of players at that age. And probably not very pleasant if as a coach you have a lot of empathy for the kids.

Probably a lot more formal and professional working through agents. And all part of the business of football by then.

But, as I say, that's just my feeling. Based purely on my impression of football parents, a few anecdotes similar to Maitland-Niles's mother, and how the stakes would never seem higher when a professional career is just within reach.

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 4978 viewsSwansea_Blue

Enjoyed that. What is it about golfers and their silly clothes though? Do you have to fail some sort of fashion test before joining a club?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:11 - Jul 30 with 4959 viewsitfcjoe

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:03 - Jul 30 by Darth_Koont

I don't know about that. I get the feeling that before kids have "made it" and got a professional deal then there's a lot more on the line. It can be make or break for the majority of players at that age. And probably not very pleasant if as a coach you have a lot of empathy for the kids.

Probably a lot more formal and professional working through agents. And all part of the business of football by then.

But, as I say, that's just my feeling. Based purely on my impression of football parents, a few anecdotes similar to Maitland-Niles's mother, and how the stakes would never seem higher when a professional career is just within reach.

I've spoken to people in clubs, including players, and they see the first year scholars as generally the worst people at the club, and reflect that they were nightmares at that age

Lack of emotional maturity, or a number of factors, but think it is the first time they leave school and go full time that they think they've made it - and then it hits home a cople of years later how far off they are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 4920 viewsDarth_Koont

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:11 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

I've spoken to people in clubs, including players, and they see the first year scholars as generally the worst people at the club, and reflect that they were nightmares at that age

Lack of emotional maturity, or a number of factors, but think it is the first time they leave school and go full time that they think they've made it - and then it hits home a cople of years later how far off they are

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

I think most of us have learnt and grown up a lot since that age. So being in the middle of a high-pressure, life-changing and potentially dream-shattering period of their career won't bring out the best in a lot of them.

But KD seems to suggest it was the parents that really made that difficult for him, which I can also get.

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 4864 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 13:24 - Jul 30 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

I think most of us have learnt and grown up a lot since that age. So being in the middle of a high-pressure, life-changing and potentially dream-shattering period of their career won't bring out the best in a lot of them.

But KD seems to suggest it was the parents that really made that difficult for him, which I can also get.

I've heard academy people make similar complaints about parents in the past. Think it is a common problem at that level.
Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:31 - Jul 30 with 4830 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:10 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

I've heard academy people make similar complaints about parents in the past. Think it is a common problem at that level.

Can completely imagine that.

Kiran obviously wants to manage so he has to step up that maturity another level. I hope he can do that and i really hooe he gets given the chance somewhere. He can't leave it too long. He has been out of the game a good while now.

I was hoping he might be in the mix for Colchester but not to be. I'd love to see him get a good level number 2 role. Then take a number 1 job in next 3 years somewhere.

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:34 - Jul 30 with 4810 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieron's Fore-Hole Challenge on 14:31 - Jul 30 by Terry_Nutkins

Can completely imagine that.

Kiran obviously wants to manage so he has to step up that maturity another level. I hope he can do that and i really hooe he gets given the chance somewhere. He can't leave it too long. He has been out of the game a good while now.

I was hoping he might be in the mix for Colchester but not to be. I'd love to see him get a good level number 2 role. Then take a number 1 job in next 3 years somewhere.

That's definitely his plan, get on the first-team staff somewhere or as U23s coach if he doesn't get a manager's job of his own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024