Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Graham 14:45 - Jul 27 with 5225 viewstractorboy1978

Just been released, was signed by Lambert at Blackburn. Fits the mould for the type of striker we need.
Danny Graham on 14:46 - Jul 27 with 4323 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

35 next month, but seems to have had a good scoring record over the past few years.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Graham on 14:50 - Jul 27 with 4297 viewsSitfcB

Agree. Thought this when I saw he got released last week. Would be a good option to have.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Danny Graham on 14:50 - Jul 27 with 4307 viewsitfcjoe

These moves are a struggle to complete - why would a 35 year old relocate down to East Anglia regardless of whether we are interested or not.

Plenty of clubs up his way already if he wants to sign on for another season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Graham on 14:53 - Jul 27 with 4264 viewsBlueBadger

Ignore that I'm looking at totally the wrong thing!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 14:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Danny Graham on 14:57 - Jul 27 with 4232 viewsBlueBadger

Danny Graham on 14:50 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

These moves are a struggle to complete - why would a 35 year old relocate down to East Anglia regardless of whether we are interested or not.

Plus, he could probably still do a bit-part role in the Championship, looking at his stats for last season.
He won't be short of offers.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 14:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Danny Graham on 14:57 - Jul 27 with 4236 viewstractorboy1978

It's not uncommon for older pros to spend half a week somewhere, train a couple of days and not bother relocating. A year on better money than he can get elsewhere (if he can't get a Champ club) with a promotion bonus may be tempting.

But I'm not speculating whether he would be interested or not. Just Lambert may well try.
Danny Graham on 15:08 - Jul 27 with 4159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Depends on his mind set and his personal situation.

If he doesn't have kids, he may well be happy to go where his work takes him.

Daryl Murphy did a mini tour of the country at a similar age.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 15:09]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Graham on 15:11 - Jul 27 with 4121 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Graham on 14:57 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Plus, he could probably still do a bit-part role in the Championship, looking at his stats for last season.
He won't be short of offers.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 14:58]

Agreed... but may prefer to play a main role in L1 rather than a bit part in a relegation battle.

I guess as usual, money will talk.

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Graham on 15:12 - Jul 27 with 4106 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 15:08 - Jul 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Depends on his mind set and his personal situation.

If he doesn't have kids, he may well be happy to go where his work takes him.

Daryl Murphy did a mini tour of the country at a similar age.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 15:09]

He's got 3 kids, thinks he has another 2-3 years in him so not impossible but very difficult to make yourself the most attractive option when he probably has a dozen EFL clubs within an hour or so of his base as the North West is littered with them.

Fleetwood would be my total guess of where he ends up

Danny Graham on 15:14 - Jul 27 with 4070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Graham on 15:12 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

He's got 3 kids, thinks he has another 2-3 years in him so not impossible but very difficult to make yourself the most attractive option when he probably has a dozen EFL clubs within an hour or so of his base as the North West is littered with them.

Like I say, depends on his mind set.

Fact that he has kids makes it more difficult, but not impossible.

If he were to choose Fleetwood over Ipswich then good luck to him.

Danny Graham on 15:15 - Jul 27 with 4066 viewsGarv

Danny Graham on 15:12 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Are you saying Keane (or was it Jewell?) was right in saying players don't want to come to Suffolk?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Danny Graham on 15:18 - Jul 27 with 4027 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Graham on 15:15 - Jul 27 by Garv

Are you saying Keane (or was it Jewell?) was right in saying players don't want to come to Suffolk?

Several managers have said that over the years, particularly in relation to loan players.
Danny Graham on 15:24 - Jul 27 with 3957 viewsitfcjoe

Whoever has said it, is obviously right.

Geographical outposts are harder to attract players to

Danny Graham on 15:26 - Jul 27 with 3921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Also hard to get players in when you have a reputation to be a d1ck to work for.

Danny Graham on 15:28 - Jul 27 with 3907 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Was a good player, too old now. Looks as though he could be going back to Sunderland anyway, that's his home area.

Won'tnbe coming here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Danny Graham on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 3848 viewstextbackup

Danny Graham on 15:24 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Whoever has said it, is obviously right.

Geographical outposts are harder to attract players to

i never really understand that, we are 70mins from London on the train, its not lightyears away from civilisation

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Danny Graham on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 3799 viewsParisBlue

9 years too late

Town Linked With Move for Watford's Graham 17th May 2011 09:54
Town are set to make a £2 million offer for Watford frontman Danny Graham, according to one of this morning’s tabloids. Graham netted 27 goals in all competitions this season, including two against the Blues in a hugely impressive performance as the Hornets won 3-0 at Portman Road in March. 96

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Danny Graham on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 3791 viewstractorboy1978

Danny Graham on 15:36 - Jul 27 by textbackup

i never really understand that, we are 70mins from London on the train, its not lightyears away from civilisation

Which I guess is alright if you want to go to London but not much use if you want to get to any other major English city.
Danny Graham on 15:53 - Jul 27 with 3725 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 15:36 - Jul 27 by textbackup

It's not - and think we are not too bad with London based players coming this way.

But if you live in the Midlands, or the North West, there are literally 3 or 4 clubs in every division that you can go to without even needing to move house, just a different commute.

Like when there was talk of Alan Judge going to QPR, I don't know where he lived but QPRs training ground is 15 minutes away from Brentfords so if he completed the move it's no real disruption to his life.

And the numbers are small here, know an ex town player who could have signed for Tranmere, 1 year deal, £1k a week, family here and settled, or play non league and get £300 a game and get another job on the top.....different matter when you are 21/22, but when on the way down and past 30....

Danny Graham on 15:57 - Jul 27 with 3699 viewstextbackup

Danny Graham on 15:53 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

It's not - and think we are not too bad with London based players coming this way.

But if you live in the Midlands, or the North West, there are literally 3 or 4 clubs in every division that you can go to without even needing to move house, just a different commute.

Like when there was talk of Alan Judge going to QPR, I don't know where he lived but QPRs training ground is 15 minutes away from Brentfords so if he completed the move it's no real disruption to his life.

And the numbers are small here, know an ex town player who could have signed for Tranmere, 1 year deal, £1k a week, family here and settled, or play non league and get £300 a game and get another job on the top.....different matter when you are 21/22, but when on the way down and past 30....

£1k a week at tranmere..... the footballing pyramid really is so top heavy isn't it.

Danny Graham on 16:01 - Jul 27 with 3689 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 15:57 - Jul 27 by textbackup

£1k a week at tranmere..... the footballing pyramid really is so top heavy isn't it.

This was a few years back, but even with Norwood now we completely blew them out of the water - think their top paid players are on about £2k a week

Danny Graham on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 3641 viewstextbackup

Danny Graham on 16:01 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

This was a few years back, but even with Norwood now we completely blew them out of the water - think their top paid players are on about £2k a week

Yep, obviously cant say who, but Norwoods wage when signing was mentioned to me, and it really isn't all that. still great to be paid to play football I know.... but not the glitz and glamour some think

Danny Graham on 16:18 - Jul 27 with 3591 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Graham on 16:09 - Jul 27 by textbackup

Yep, obviously cant say who, but Norwoods wage when signing was mentioned to me, and it really isn't all that. still great to be paid to play football I know.... but not the glitz and glamour some think

It's such a steep drop off, even from the big Championship clubs to where we were when in the division above.

It's decent money no doubt, but massive commitment to earn that and only getting worse lower down the chain.

The young pros at the club have standard terms, Year 1 pro £250 a week, Year 2 £300 a week and Year 3 £350 a week - bascially take it or leave it as well until they get in the team. When we couldn't get Dobar to sign a new deal we were squabbling over £400 a week

Danny Graham on 16:49 - Jul 27 with 3417 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Graham on 16:01 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

To be fair, £100k per year for a L1 player is more than fair.

Danny Graham on 18:43 - Jul 27 with 3117 viewsrgp1

As we need some divine intervention I'd rather go for Billy Graham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024