Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West 21:34 - Jul 30 with 27417 viewsElderGrizzly

And one that will be ignored by those it is imposed on
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:31 - Jul 31 with 2581 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:25 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

My point was that suffolk people are fearful of things that are foreign despite having little exposure. I lived in suffolk for 32 years and there is a completely different attitude to that of the Midlands

You tried to belittle a sensible discussion by projecting your preconceptions on to those discussing the subject.

Yeah, I agree that Suffolk is full of daft racists, but that's absolutely irrelevant to what any one was saying in this thread and certainly isn't representative of any of the motivating factors in the conversation.

It's almost impossible to hold a normal conversation with you.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:32 - Jul 31 with 2570 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 07:26 - Jul 31 by Libero

It’s all relative and depends on where you are in the country and how well the area is conforming to social distancing and other basic preventative and protective measures.

Me personally, the most risky thing I have done is take a train from Stowmarket to Ipswich, walked to Ribbans Park and met with 3 friends in a friends garden for a few drinks, even that I decided retrospectively probably isn’t the brightest thing to do, but I did take measures such as vigourots hand washing, anti baccing, wearing a mask (obviously) changing clothes between train>mates garden>mates garden>train>train to my house (yes, I took a Dolly size rucksack with me, full of clothes and plastic bags to double bag clothes after changing)

As I said earlier in the thread, I live in a really safe area where everything appears to be going okay and people appear to be conforming to the rules pretty well, but I can’t justify going to the pub at the moment. It only takes one berk in there to have not followed the rules, or to have seen someone who has not followed the rules, or to have seen someone who has seen someone who has not followed the rules, etc.

I’m forced into a level of risk every few day due to having to work in office 2/3 days a week, but again these are small circles and predictable movements.
Other than that the only people we see we vet carefully about what they’ve been up to, we judge their behaviours and movements and asses if we consider them a risk to our families health and the relative freedoms that were currently lucky enough to experience.
I appreciate that’s not an exact Science but if you’re diligent and ask the right questions for the right reasons our experience is that people respond well and respect the fact you’re thinking about not only your safety but theirs too.

The UK needs a reality check, we’re in a tenuous position, no amount of government bluster and bullsh1t is going to change that.

This is a pandemic, we should all be exercising caution.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 7:33]

You changed your clothes 3 times to visit your friend’s garden? You sure are taking this seriously! I just moved seats on a train because someone came and sat near me without a mask on, I thought that was taking it seriously!

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 2563 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:32 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

You changed your clothes 3 times to visit your friend’s garden? You sure are taking this seriously! I just moved seats on a train because someone came and sat near me without a mask on, I thought that was taking it seriously!

Yeah, over the course of the trip I changed 3 times.

I think you'd be taking it seriously too if you'd been as sick as I was and am still feeling the effects of.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 2563 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:32 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

"You sure are taking this seriously!"

Paz, 46,000 people in this country have died.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 2555 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:28 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

And yet over 57% of your fellow Derby residents voted leave. That's only slightly lower than the leave vote in Suffolk. Does that mean Derby people are knowingly fearful of foreigners but that's okay?

I love the fact you are so happy in this despite being wrong and out of context.

I'll enjoy my holiday hopefully whilst you sit at home surrounded by covid tutting at foreigners.

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 2543 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:31 - Jul 31 by Libero

You tried to belittle a sensible discussion by projecting your preconceptions on to those discussing the subject.

Yeah, I agree that Suffolk is full of daft racists, but that's absolutely irrelevant to what any one was saying in this thread and certainly isn't representative of any of the motivating factors in the conversation.

It's almost impossible to hold a normal conversation with you.

go and slag mcgoldrick off then instead

Or get on a train and moan about virus spreading

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 2544 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

I love the fact you are so happy in this despite being wrong and out of context.

I'll enjoy my holiday hopefully whilst you sit at home surrounded by covid tutting at foreigners.

Cheers

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for you.

Enjoy.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 2541 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by Libero

Yeah, over the course of the trip I changed 3 times.

I think you'd be taking it seriously too if you'd been as sick as I was and am still feeling the effects of.

I am taking it seriously, I’m not as stringent as you but I’m still taking it seriously

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 2542 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

It is a bizarre take for the worries to be from the country where the virus is more prevalent. For people in the UK to be upset at someone for visiting an island with little to no cases is no based on anything but the thought that foreigners are to blame. My parents are livid that all of our airports weren't closed because the foreigners kept bringing it in and making it worse, they couldn't seem to grasp that once it was here and spreading that it made little difference. The people tbat should be annoyed are those on the island with British people turning up despite the fact we have had a shambles of a lockdown here

You don't seem to have understood any of the points being made.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:36 - Jul 31 with 2528 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by footers

Best thing you can do is get to a Greek island where it is safer

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:36 - Jul 31 with 2524 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

It is a bizarre take for the worries to be from the country where the virus is more prevalent. For people in the UK to be upset at someone for visiting an island with little to no cases is no based on anything but the thought that foreigners are to blame. My parents are livid that all of our airports weren't closed because the foreigners kept bringing it in and making it worse, they couldn't seem to grasp that once it was here and spreading that it made little difference. The people tbat should be annoyed are those on the island with British people turning up despite the fact we have had a shambles of a lockdown here

I'm sorry to hear your parents are daft racists.

I think they have a valid point about closing the airports, although their motivation and reasoning is obviously well wide of the mark.

Friend of mine's parents live and work in China, when they and their teenage daughters returned to China recently they were quarantined in Mongolia with armed police at the door for two weeks, all in separate rooms, not allowed to leave.
Then when they got back to China they had to quarantine at home for a further two weeks.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2518 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

You don't seem to have understood any of the points being made.

It was something about foreigners and it is not safe despite it being safe because it isn't safe

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2521 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by footers

Perhaps poorly worded. Point was I think changing clothes 3 times for a visit to a friends garden might be taking things a little further than many people would ...

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:38 - Jul 31 with 2511 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:36 - Jul 31 by Libero

I'm sorry to hear your parents are daft racists.

I think they have a valid point about closing the airports, although their motivation and reasoning is obviously well wide of the mark.

Friend of mine's parents live and work in China, when they and their teenage daughters returned to China recently they were quarantined in Mongolia with armed police at the door for two weeks, all in separate rooms, not allowed to leave.
Then when they got back to China they had to quarantine at home for a further two weeks.

just to be clear yku are calling my parents daft racists but agreeing with them.

I wonder if you realise that you are also a......

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:39 - Jul 31 with 2508 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:36 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Best thing you can do is get to a Greek island where it is safer

I'm sure the Greeks will thank you for it.

But yeah, getting on a plane with hundreds of people and breathing in their recycled air for hours while an airborne viral pandemic is about is by far the most sensible course of action. But only you're clever enough to see it.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:40 - Jul 31 with 2494 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:39 - Jul 31 by footers

But yeah, getting on a plane with hundreds of people and breathing in their recycled air for hours while an airborne viral pandemic is about is by far the most sensible course of action. But only you're clever enough to see it.

I’m going to try and book somewhere else when I sort out the mess of my Ill fated Tenerife booking so may we’ll end up on a Greek island!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:41]

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:41 - Jul 31 with 2490 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:39 - Jul 31 by footers

or an air-conditioned pub or supermarket or restaurant or cinema or office or shopping centre. Ah but they are safe because they stay in England

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:41 - Jul 31 with 2488 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:40 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

I’m going to try and book somewhere else when I sort out the mess of my Ill fated Tenerife booking so may we’ll end up on a Greek island!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:41]

Let's hope it's not another five hundred quid down the drain, eh.

When you were a kid, how many times did you have to touch the stove before you realised it was hot?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:42 - Jul 31 with 2474 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:41 - Jul 31 by footers

When you were a kid, how many times did you have to touch the stove before you realised it was hot?

He probably didn't. He probably listened to the guidance and used his judgement of when it was safe to touch it following the guidance given to him

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 2469 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:41 - Jul 31 by footers

I’m getting the hotel money back so it’s only 250 ... but yeah, take your point it is a waste. I’m going to book this one super last minute to de risk late changes in guidance as much as possible

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 2469 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Cheers

What am I wrong about? Derby voted leave, by a big margin: https://election.news.sky.com/referendum/derby-2788

You brought the Brexit vote into this to try to demonstrate some sort of superiority over people who live in Suffolk despite the fact you live in a pro-leave area too. I live in an area that voted remain, so I won't sit here tutting at foreigners but I will sit here tutting at what a total berk you are. I also live in an area with very low rates of Covid as lockdown has generally been observed well here and Covid had yet to reach exponential growth rates when we hit lockdown, so I am not surrounded by Covid and I'll continue behaving sensibly to do my bit to help that remain the case.

Despite you being one of the biggest berks I've encountered I genuinely hope your holiday doesn't have any negative consequences for you or others but I personally think that travelling on a packed plane and being in a packed airport during a pandemic is rather foolish and also entirely selfish.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:48]

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 2467 viewsm14_blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:01 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

I don’t have insurance unfortunately, I usually just buy a cheapo policy right before I go. I was being a little, dramatic ... I can get the hotel money back, minus a cancellation fee but not the flights. End up losing about half the money.

Feel for you.

Rubbish to miss out on a holiday you've been looking forward to and be out of pocket too.

Covid sucks balls.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 2467 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:42 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

He probably didn't. He probably listened to the guidance and used his judgement of when it was safe to touch it following the guidance given to him

OK, well you and the rest of the brains brigade have fun on holiday. It'll give us a break on here at least.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 2462 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:38 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

just to be clear yku are calling my parents daft racists but agreeing with them.

I wonder if you realise that you are also a......

Cor, well done Fishers, you've caught me. All this time I've been pretending and I'm actually a MASSIVE racist.

In my opinion to contain the threat we posses to other nations and to halt the spread of the virus we should have closed down all travel abroad and incoming visitors, yes. Similar to New Zealand who were referenced earlier in the thread.

I really, really hope that this is all an internet persona and that you're actually a decent bloke, but the manner in which you conduct yourself on here at times is f*cking shocking. I don't know how you haven't been banned yet.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 2461 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:37 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

It was something about foreigners and it is not safe despite it being safe because it isn't safe

Yeah, you've really not understood at all. Pig ignorance seems to be your stock in trade.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024