Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million 15:28 - Aug 10 with 4503 viewsCheltenham_Blue

for Jackson, we should probably take it.

However, I'm going for £450k, which we won't take and then we'll lose him on a free.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:31 - Aug 10 with 3839 viewsAlexGreen

Agreed, although to be honest I think I'd rather lose him on a free in two years time vs lose him now for 450K.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:32 - Aug 10 with 3835 viewsJakeITFC

There doesn't seem much value in selling any player with a wage higher than the average League One salary atm, does there?
If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:33 - Aug 10 with 3826 viewsMullet

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:32 - Aug 10 by JakeITFC

There doesn't seem much value in selling any player with a wage higher than the average League One salary atm, does there?

Exactly. It's only value to Evans if he wants to put less in per year. What it actually does is weaken our position considerably.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:33 - Aug 10 with 3823 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unless we have a proven replacement(s) lined up, we should reject all offers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:33 - Aug 10 with 3818 viewsitfcjoe

No point selling him, due to salary cap we can't replace him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:34 - Aug 10 with 3805 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:32 - Aug 10 by JakeITFC

Nope, but he'll say he wants to leave for 'personal reasons' and we'll give him away.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:36 - Aug 10 with 3791 viewsJ2BLUE

Unless there is some sort of complex deal it would be stupid to sell him when it would only free up a tiny wage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:45 - Aug 10 with 3714 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:33 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

I'm thinking Kayden Jackson is now starting questioning his agents advice to turn down a new deal?

.....no scope for us to improve it now, and limited incentive for us to sell to a Championship side.

Login to get fewer ads

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:48 - Aug 10 with 3688 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:36 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Unless there is some sort of complex deal it would be stupid to sell him when it would only free up a tiny wage.

I might be wrong, but it looks to all intents and purposes that Jacksons agent is hawking him about the Championship and from Jackson's quote - "Whatever is going on is separate to everything. I don’t really deal too much on that side, it’s down to the agent."

I'd say he knows that his agent is talking to clubs too.

If he's got his head elsewhere, I'd rather he not be here personally.

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:51 - Aug 10 with 3661 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:48 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

I might be wrong, but it looks to all intents and purposes that Jacksons agent is hawking him about the Championship and from Jackson's quote - "Whatever is going on is separate to everything. I don’t really deal too much on that side, it’s down to the agent."

His agent has f*cked up timing wise.

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:52 - Aug 10 with 3652 viewsWallingford_Boy

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:45 - Aug 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm thinking Kayden Jackson is now starting questioning his agents advice to turn down a new deal?

.....no scope for us to improve it now, and limited incentive for us to sell to a Championship side.

Unfortunately if the player wants to move on and earn a lot more than he can do here, there is little Town can do.

As you say, he will no longer get an improved contract here, so best all round we sell and get as much as we can for him.

We COULD refuse to sell, but that would not benefit anyone and an unhappy player would affect the whole squad.

Get rid.

RIP Sir Bobby

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:53 - Aug 10 with 3637 viewsCoco

Haven't Brum pulled in about 50M over the last 2 years? Take some of that.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 3614 viewsitfcjoe

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:48 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

He hasn't though - he's happy to stay

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 3566 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:52 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Unfortunately if the player wants to move on and earn a lot more than he can do here, there is little Town can do.

As you say, he will no longer get an improved contract here, so best all round we sell and get as much as we can for him.

We COULD refuse to sell, but that would not benefit anyone and an unhappy player would affect the whole squad.

Get rid.

We are in a situation where we may not be able to buy a replacement.

Refuse to sell if that's the case, like we did with McGoldrick.

Only sell if it suits the club. We should learn for the summer of 2018.

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:04 - Aug 10 with 3553 viewsPhilTWTD

Rather than hawking as such, the agent may be trying to generate interest to get increased terms - from what I'm told he's on a lot less than Norwood - but I don't think there's a genuine clamour from Championship clubs, aside from Blackburn having a look in January. As others have said, we can't sell him at the moment as we'd not be able to replace him.
If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:05 - Aug 10 with 3541 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:56 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

He hasn't though - he's happy to stay

Has he said that?

I haven't found the "I'm going nowhere" press conference at all

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:06 - Aug 10 with 3532 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:04 - Aug 10 by PhilTWTD

Rather than hawking as such, the agent may be trying to generate interest to get increased terms - from what I'm told he's on a lot less than Norwood - but I don't think there's a genuine clamour from Championship clubs, aside from Blackburn having a look in January. As others have said, we can't sell him at the moment as we'd not be able to replace him.

Isn't it unlikely that he'll see increased terms now though?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:07 - Aug 10 with 3526 viewsJakeITFC

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:04 - Aug 10 by PhilTWTD

New agent apparently.
If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:10 - Aug 10 with 3507 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Someone needs to tell his agent about this salary cap thingy.

Also, someone needs to explain to his agent;

We paid a huge fee for Jackson, so less money available to wages.

Norwood was a free, so pockets a bigger wage packet.

It's all very simple football economics.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 16:12]

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:11 - Aug 10 with 3496 viewsSteve_M

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 15:33 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

We'll need to wait and find out when the transfer deadline is before selling him two days beforehand like we did with Murphy.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:14 - Aug 10 with 3473 viewsPhilTWTD

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:06 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Isn't it unlikely that he'll see increased terms now though?

Yes, not sure the implications of the cap have been fully understood by a lot of people, wouldn't surprise me if agents were among them, not least as the £113,000 average figure is higher than had been anticipated.

The best chance he has of getting a better deal is Town getting promoted.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:14 - Aug 10 with 3461 viewsitfcjoe

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:05 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Has he said that?

I haven't found the "I'm going nowhere" press conference at all

You realise it isn't black and white?

Just because he wants more money, or would be interested in a move doesn't mean he is desperate to go and won't be happy if he does stay.

Using our attitude any time a player has their head turned by interest we'd get rid and end up with no one

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:16 - Aug 10 with 3436 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would have sold him prior to salary cap.

No point anymore as you wouldn't replace to the same level.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:48 - Aug 10 with 3287 viewsArnieM

Why take less than we paid for him when he was a League Tel player ? This kind of approach is what makes Town so poor In the transfer market these days .

Pay top dollar for incoming players in either fee or wages
Let good players leave ( allow contracts to run down ) and get sod all for them, you don’t see scum do this very often . We’re always doing it !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 17:02 - Aug 10 with 3204 viewsallezlesbleus

If either Stoke or Brum offer anywhere near £1.6million on 16:48 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

Why take less than we paid for him when he was a League Tel player ? This kind of approach is what makes Town so poor In the transfer market these days .

Pay top dollar for incoming players in either fee or wages
Let good players leave ( allow contracts to run down ) and get sod all for them, you don’t see scum do this very often . We’re always doing it !

I agree.

For a successful businessman, ME has had a very poor record in this department.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024