Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge 11:45 - Aug 17 with 4199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...given that he doesn't seem to be the attacking threat that he once was, is it time for Judge to move backwards into centre mod, or to play as an anchor.

Could be good in the Skuse role sitting next to Downes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alan Judge on 12:25 - Aug 17 with 2000 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:23 - Aug 17 by Libero

No mate, just scanned across some Brentford forums too using wayback, your articles were a useful jumping off point and much appreciated.

Was it Joe Royle who called forums a 'cesspit of missinformation'?

[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:25]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alan Judge on 12:25 - Aug 17 with 2002 viewsclive_baker

I think I'm in the minority on here in actually rating Judge. He's busy, always looks to get involved and at least try and make things happen. We averaged a better points yield with him than without and he contributed well to some of our better January form, Accrington 4-1 for example where he scored and assisted, and Burton 4-1 when he scored twice and assisted Jackson. He was awful in the Peterborough debacle though, he was definitely hit and miss, but then who wasn't last season. At 31 he's definitely in the autumn of his career but on balance he's still a player I think can add value this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Judge on 12:28 - Aug 17 with 1992 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:25 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Was it Joe Royle who called forums a 'cesspit of missinformation'?

[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:25]

You're trying to back up your view on a forum by discrediting all forums?

You haven't thought this one through, have you...
Alan Judge on 12:29 - Aug 17 with 1989 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:28 - Aug 17 by Libero

You're trying to back up your view on a forum by discrediting all forums?

You haven't thought this one through, have you...

Lol, now you're holding TWTD up as the holy grail.

I am indeed suggesting that Football Forums arent the best source of factual information. Anonymous sources of subjective and selective opinion.

...very happy to stand by that.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:34]

Alan Judge on 12:34 - Aug 17 with 1976 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:25 - Aug 17 by clive_baker

I think I'm in the minority on here in actually rating Judge. He's busy, always looks to get involved and at least try and make things happen. We averaged a better points yield with him than without and he contributed well to some of our better January form, Accrington 4-1 for example where he scored and assisted, and Burton 4-1 when he scored twice and assisted Jackson. He was awful in the Peterborough debacle though, he was definitely hit and miss, but then who wasn't last season. At 31 he's definitely in the autumn of his career but on balance he's still a player I think can add value this season.

Oh, he's busy and clearly has a level of ability, but his output is atrocious!
Alan Judge on 12:46 - Aug 17 with 1964 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 12:25 - Aug 17 by clive_baker

Two good games out of thirty isn't really enough. I was one of the few that felt he flattered to deceive in our relegation season, he ran around a bit but didn't really create much and didn't score goals. He basically didn't really do either of the things you want a number 10 to do. I'd say this season he's been even less effective. He managed a few goals and a couple of assists but given the level we're playing at I expected much more from him. He's been poor.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Alan Judge on 12:53 - Aug 17 with 1962 viewsNthQldITFC

Lovely old passive aggressive post this one. Nicely controlled without breaking out into abuse. Yet. Sorry.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Alan Judge on 12:55 - Aug 17 with 1951 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:53 - Aug 17 by NthQldITFC

Lovely old passive aggressive post this one. Nicely controlled without breaking out into abuse. Yet. Sorry.

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge on 13:01 - Aug 17 with 1937 viewsjayessess

Alan Judge on 12:46 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

Two good games out of thirty isn't really enough. I was one of the few that felt he flattered to deceive in our relegation season, he ran around a bit but didn't really create much and didn't score goals. He basically didn't really do either of the things you want a number 10 to do. I'd say this season he's been even less effective. He managed a few goals and a couple of assists but given the level we're playing at I expected much more from him. He's been poor.

Yeah, bit of a disaster all round keeping him, with hindsight. For the extra £600k and spare salary I imagine we could've got solved a problem somewhere else quite easily.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Alan Judge on 13:03 - Aug 17 with 1929 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 13:01 - Aug 17 by jayessess

Yeah, bit of a disaster all round keeping him, with hindsight. For the extra £600k and spare salary I imagine we could've got solved a problem somewhere else quite easily.

...don't suppose anyone's got Q.P.R's number?
Alan Judge on 13:07 - Aug 17 with 1918 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 13:01 - Aug 17 by jayessess

With hindsight we'd have been better off letting him go. I do feel trying to accommodate him partly contributed to Lambingo. Not as much as Lambert being hopeless of course, but contributed nonetheless.

Alan Judge on 13:12 - Aug 17 with 1910 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Or we could just play Dozzell there, given that is his natural position.

Poll: Our final position

Alan Judge on 13:15 - Aug 17 with 1903 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 13:12 - Aug 17 by southnorfolkblue

Dozzell's more of a deep lying playmaker than a defensive midfielder.
Alan Judge on 13:17 - Aug 17 with 1898 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 13:12 - Aug 17 by southnorfolkblue

It's not his natural position. He likes to play deep but really needs someone alongside him doing the holding whilst he pulls the strings.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 13:18]

Alan Judge on 13:25 - Aug 17 with 1888 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 13:03 - Aug 17 by Libero

...don't suppose anyone's got Q.P.R's number?

Suspect Judges agent has been on the phone to all Londons lower championship clubs this summer!

Alan Judge on 13:58 - Aug 17 with 1853 viewsGarv

Alan Judge on 12:46 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

Five assists.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alan Judge on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 1839 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 13:58 - Aug 17 by Garv

Five assists.

Where are you getting that figure from? Seems high. Still not many for a number 10 in any case.

Alan Judge on 14:20 - Aug 17 with 1828 viewsStokieBlue

He can't tackle or run, how would he be good in the Skuse role?

He needs to move on as he's taking the spot where we need some youngsters to progress.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Alan Judge on 14:21 - Aug 17 with 1821 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 14:20 - Aug 17 by StokieBlue

He can't tackle or run, how would he be good in the Skuse role?

He needs to move on as he's taking the spot where we need some youngsters to progress.

SB

I imagine he's one of our better paid players too...
Alan Judge on 14:32 - Aug 17 with 1804 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 14:21 - Aug 17 by Libero

I imagine he's one of our better paid players too...

If not our highest paid.

Alan Judge on 14:33 - Aug 17 with 1804 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Alan Judge on 13:17 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

It's not his natural position. He likes to play deep but really needs someone alongside him doing the holding whilst he pulls the strings.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 13:18]

Downes does the Skuse job, Dozzell pulls the strings

Poll: Our final position

Alan Judge on 14:36 - Aug 17 with 1798 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 14:33 - Aug 17 by southnorfolkblue

Potentially. I worry as a two it's too lightweight though. They got ripped through when we shipped 5 against Lincoln.

Alan Judge on 14:41 - Aug 17 with 1792 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 14:33 - Aug 17 by southnorfolkblue

Why limit Downes? He's showing that he has the ability to be an effective all-action ball winning midfielder, asking him to play a water carrying defensive midfield role wastes a lot of his game.
Alan Judge on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 1734 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alan Judge on 13:58 - Aug 17 by Garv

Five assists.

According to this he has 4

https://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-league-one-2019-2020/

Which is a pretty rubbish return from someone who was signed to be our main creator, as a top side in the third division. More worryingly it also made him our second most creative player statistically, which rather illustrates where our problems lied!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Alan Judge on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 1732 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 15:56 - Aug 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

According to this he has 4

https://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-league-one-2019-2020/

Which is a pretty rubbish return from someone who was signed to be our main creator, as a top side in the third division. More worryingly it also made him our second most creative player statistically, which rather illustrates where our problems lied!

Bloody hell, that's the most depressing fact of the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024