Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Highlights.. 08:57 - Aug 23 with 1590 viewsSwailsey

Neither of the first 2 goals cover the keeper In glory, but Woolfie probably needs to take the blame for the second.

Nice commentary and presentation for a pre-season game though!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 9:02]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Spurs Highlights.. on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 1510 viewspointofblue

Thanks for posting. Got to the third goal and couldn’t watch anymore.

The mistakes for the first two would be unforgivable at park level. Would say the second goal was part Woolfenden (weak pass back), part KVY (why pass across the goal from there?), part Skuse (started off closer to the ball yet was easily beaten to it) and obviously partly Cornell (should have just leathered it).

We play like this against League One level and we will still get punished for it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Spurs Highlights.. on 09:28 - Aug 23 with 1445 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Spurs Highlights.. on 09:11 - Aug 23 by pointofblue

Thanks for posting. Got to the third goal and couldn’t watch anymore.

The mistakes for the first two would be unforgivable at park level. Would say the second goal was part Woolfenden (weak pass back), part KVY (why pass across the goal from there?), part Skuse (started off closer to the ball yet was easily beaten to it) and obviously partly Cornell (should have just leathered it).

We play like this against League One level and we will still get punished for it.

I agree to a point but this is pre-season and it's clear the ethos being instilled is pass pass pass. Lambert was shouting it constantly apparently. I think we want everyone in the squad to just lose the fear and pass the ball. Pre-season we can take the risks and mistakes to instill it. They were shocking goals and you can tweak a little in terms of risk element when we get to the season but what we can't do is Jack it all in because of a few mistakes.

Let's make them now and be brave, set out our stall of this is how we will play. This is how the young lads have been brought up and this is how we can make progress.

If these mistakes become week in and week out then we're just not good enough. I like that we're going down the route of playing football though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Spurs Highlights.. on 09:28 - Aug 23 with 1443 viewsDubtractor

Not sure Woolfy does too much wrong with that really, he was given a hospital pass and did the only thing he could, Cornell had plenty of time to put his foot through it.

Wollfy's hair is a crime though and for that he needs some stick.

All 3 were goals were very messy from a defensive point of view though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Spurs Highlights.. on 10:29 - Aug 23 with 1304 viewsPJH

I thought Chambers was way out of position for all three of their goals.
Wow that’s the professional media production you get... on 10:55 - Aug 23 with 1264 viewsunstableblue

With Premier League revenue coming into a club,
Impressive

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Spurs Highlights.. on 10:59 - Aug 23 with 1251 viewsclive_baker

Spurs Highlights.. on 10:29 - Aug 23 by PJH

I thought Chambers was way out of position for all three of their goals.

Yeah he was nowhere to be seen. Not good enough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Spurs Highlights.. on 11:17 - Aug 23 with 1208 viewsBeckets

Spurs Highlights.. on 10:59 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

Yeah he was nowhere to be seen. Not good enough.

I thought the game passed him by in the first half.
Wow that’s the professional media production you get... on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 1191 viewsbournemouthblue

Wow that’s the professional media production you get... on 10:55 - Aug 23 by unstableblue

With Premier League revenue coming into a club,
Impressive

Indeed, it looks like a TV station were covering it

That's a big club with a lot of money, who are very well run and on top of their marketing game

The difference is night and day

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Highlights.. on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 1148 viewsHerbivore

Cornell looks to be a like for like replacement for Norris.

The goals weren't great from a defensive point of view but we're not going to be facing Son every week. It's preseason, not really worth worrying too much about. At least we used the same system as we did on Tuesday and we seem to be trying to settle on and embed a system and style of play. Whether that will continue and amount to anything remains to be seen. I'd love for Lambert and his team to have learnt from last season but I remain sceptical for now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Spurs Highlights.. on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 1145 viewspatrickswell

Spurs Highlights.. on 11:17 - Aug 23 by Beckets

I thought the game passed him by in the first half.

He was virtually a spectator, one could say.
Spurs Highlights.. on 13:00 - Aug 23 with 1081 viewsGeoffSentence

The highlight for me was the commentatormixing up Flynn Downes with Myles Kenlock . #couldbebrothers

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Spurs Highlights.. on 14:28 - Aug 23 with 993 viewsdeano85

That kit though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024